Page 342 of 354 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5304
  1. #5116

  2. #5117
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    In honor of 9/11 Phil Jimenez shared on his IG and Twitter an anecdote about the popular image of Diana holding a crying Superman from WW #175.

    ”Thinking about how I drew this moment literally 18 years ago. I remember because I was working on this issue of #WonderWoman during the 9/11 attacks. I remember what a fight I had over this moment with the higher ups; so many concerns about #Superman looking weak, ineffectual; so many concerns about Superman being held by a woman, grieving — even Wonder Woman (coincidentally, in the comics, he’d just witnessed billions die during Our Worlds at War, unable to save them). To me it seemed important to show that a man, even a Superman, can grieve great loss; and do so with a woman who was not his lover, but his dear friend, without fear of ridicule. It’s still one of my favorite moments from my run. Worth the fight even at such a difficult time.”
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UPvEOBY1r/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/philjimeneznyc/s...829132290?s=21

  3. #5118
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,256

    Default

    With all the ways DC had succeeded in making Superman look weak in every sense of the word in so many various ways, yet they challenged a friend comforting him? Just have to laugh at the hypocrisy. Glad Jimenez fought for it and won, its a very touching panel.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  4. #5119
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    In honor of 9/11 Phil Jimenez shared on his IG and Twitter an anecdote about the popular image of Diana holding a crying Superman from WW #175.

    ”Thinking about how I drew this moment literally 18 years ago. I remember because I was working on this issue of #WonderWoman during the 9/11 attacks. I remember what a fight I had over this moment with the higher ups; so many concerns about #Superman looking weak, ineffectual; so many concerns about Superman being held by a woman, grieving — even Wonder Woman (coincidentally, in the comics, he’d just witnessed billions die during Our Worlds at War, unable to save them). To me it seemed important to show that a man, even a Superman, can grieve great loss; and do so with a woman who was not his lover, but his dear friend, without fear of ridicule. It’s still one of my favorite moments from my run. Worth the fight even at such a difficult time.”
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UPvEOBY1r/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/philjimeneznyc/s...829132290?s=21
    Interesting anecdote, thanks for sharing the quote. Sounds weird reading about concerns of SM looking weak and ineffectual. 😅 Btw, panels/scenes like this one keep remind me how deep and powerful was the friendship between Diana and Kal and how much it's missing from their characters, nowadays.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-12-2019 at 12:59 PM.

  5. #5120
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    In honor of 9/11 Phil Jimenez shared on his IG and Twitter an anecdote about the popular image of Diana holding a crying Superman from WW #175.

    ”Thinking about how I drew this moment literally 18 years ago. I remember because I was working on this issue of #WonderWoman during the 9/11 attacks. I remember what a fight I had over this moment with the higher ups; so many concerns about #Superman looking weak, ineffectual; so many concerns about Superman being held by a woman, grieving — even Wonder Woman (coincidentally, in the comics, he’d just witnessed billions die during Our Worlds at War, unable to save them). To me it seemed important to show that a man, even a Superman, can grieve great loss; and do so with a woman who was not his lover, but his dear friend, without fear of ridicule. It’s still one of my favorite moments from my run. Worth the fight even at such a difficult time.”

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UPvEOBY1r/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/philjimeneznyc/s...829132290?s=21
    Jimenez may not even be pro-SMWW but he was well aware of the importance of their proximity and friendships. SMWW have something of soul, something not even all lovers have ... you may be with someone else, you may even love her but that does not mean that she is your soul mate, that she is the one who touches your spirit, that be your reference or your safest port. It is for these things that it is useless to try to push away SMWW, it is a cold, a cold that feels inside, we all feel, is a lack that can not be explained.

  6. #5121
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Some unique pieces of art about SM/WW by Ronny Flores, Ray Arcadio and David Barr: 😂

    "The Heroes"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UXHDdnlXN/

    "Squared Couple"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B10_OxKJ57t/

    "My aging superheroes in their new home."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hZnsuh3Gk/

  7. #5122
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With all the ways DC had succeeded in making Superman look weak in every sense of the word in so many various ways, yet they challenged a friend comforting him? Just have to laugh at the hypocrisy. Glad Jimenez fought for it and won, its a very touching panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interesting anecdote, thanks for sharing the quote. Sounds weird reading about concerns of SM looking weak and ineffectual. 😅 Btw, panels/scenes like this one keep remind me how deep and powerful was the friendship between Diana and Kal and how much it's missing from their characters, nowadays.
    It’s very clear that Wonder Woman intimidates some or most. Between purposely getting KO’d for an already contrived story plot for Superman to “die” and her major downgrade with presence, personality and power level in Rebirth. It’s not at all surprising of this.

    This is exactly the kind of thing that makes the SMWW bond, connection, friendship, though. It’s not just physical. It’s deeper emotionally. Literally the whole point of their dynamic is that Wonder Woman is not only suppose to challenge Superman but being that they have an understanding of each other, being vulnerable and open without being perceived as weak and ineffectual. Even just a shoulder touch in HIC invoked an unexpected abundance of fan reactions. Not understanding how DC has yet to truly grasp how important this bond is.

  8. #5123
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Some unique pieces of art about SM/WW by Ronny Flores, Ray Arcadio and David Barr: ��

    "The Heroes"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UXHDdnlXN/

    "Squared Couple"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B10_OxKJ57t/

    "My aging superheroes in their new home."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hZnsuh3Gk/
    OMG the skulls inspired by Día de los Muertos ... reminds me of that delicious movie, Coco ... again comes to my mind a SMWW doing a musical, would be great !!!!! HAHHAHAHAHA imagine SM singing Un Poco Loco!

  9. #5124
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It’s very clear that Wonder Woman intimidates some or most. Between purposely getting KO’d for an already contrived story plot for Superman to “die” and her major downgrade with presence, personality and power level in Rebirth. It’s not at all surprising of this.

    This is exactly the kind of thing that makes the SMWW bond, connection, friendship, though. It’s not just physical. It’s deeper emotionally. Literally the whole point of their dynamic is that Wonder Woman is not only suppose to challenge Superman but being that they have an understanding of each other, being vulnerable and open without being perceived as weak and ineffectual. Even just a shoulder touch in HIC invoked an unexpected abundance of fan reactions. Not understanding how DC has yet to truly grasp how important this bond is.
    This. Bravo. I couldn't have explained it better. 👏

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    OMG the skulls inspired by Día de los Muertos ... reminds me of that delicious movie, Coco ... again comes to my mind a SMWW doing a musical, would be great !!!!! HAHHAHAHAHA imagine SM singing Un Poco Loco!
    LOL. 🤣 That's like LoveStar's unlikely crossover ideas... too weird but I want to see it happening. 😂
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-12-2019 at 02:01 PM.

  10. #5125
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    LOVE THE FIRST ONE!!! ♥️♥️😍 SMWW JL12 inspired!

    Seriously, it just keeps adding on to how so many naturally gravitate to SMWW regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Jimenez may not even be pro-SMWW but he was well aware of the importance of their proximity and friendships. SMWW have something of soul, something not even all lovers have ... you may be with someone else, you may even love her but that does not mean that she is your soul mate, that she is the one who touches your spirit, that be your reference or your safest port. It is for these things that it is useless to try to push away SMWW, it is a cold, a cold that feels inside, we all feel, is a lack that can not be explained.
    Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is very “real” to reality just on a natural grander scale for who they are as characters. Their story is “best friends falling in love” period. Many of times we have seen panels after panels of this. We see the development from the beginning of obvious mutual attraction, the complications, the teases, unresolved feelings and so on and so forth. Their relationship is earned, built on a solid foundation of honesty, trust, and a love that grows and evolves. What makes it resonate even more is even though there is a sense of inevitability or obviousness, there is still an unpredictable factor with them. They have to actually put in the work and effort with SMWW.

    With this not being portrayed as it should, the void within both characters is very obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    OMG the skulls inspired by Día de los Muertos ... reminds me of that delicious movie, Coco ... again comes to my mind a SMWW doing a musical, would be great !!!!! HAHHAHAHAHA imagine SM singing Un Poco Loco!
    Yes please!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This. Bravo. I couldn't have explained it better. 👏
    Thank you 😉

    LOL. 🤣 That's like LoveStar's unlikely crossover ideas... too weird but I want to see it happening. 😂
    Yep!! You know it!!! We have so many crossover ideas. Yeah they are off the wall, but it’s interesting and could work with SMWW.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-12-2019 at 03:12 PM.

  11. #5126
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Custom DCEU Lara, daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman:

    "Presenting: Lara El - This is my concept for a DCEU take on Lara El, Superman and Wonder Woman's daughter from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns series."







    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2GDvK9p-DR/

  12. #5127
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Custom DCEU Lara, daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman:

    "Presenting: Lara El - This is my concept for a DCEU take on Lara El, Superman and Wonder Woman's daughter from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns series."







    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2GDvK9p-DR/
    WOW! 🙌 OMG! This is fantastic! So we finally have like a whole SMWW trilogy with DCEU toy photography. We have them meeting, batting each other and villains, falling in love, a break up, make up, then Lara is introduced!

  13. #5128
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    WOW! 🙌 OMG! This is fantastic! So we finally have like a whole SMWW trilogy with DCEU toy photography. We have them meeting, batting each other and villains, falling in love, a break up, make up, then Lara is introduced!
    Pretty much, lol. 🤣 Lara will eventually get her own spin-off series of movies after her parents will retire for... huh... contractual reasons. 😜
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-13-2019 at 06:18 AM.

  14. #5129
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Jimenez may not even be pro-SMWW but he was well aware of the importance of their proximity and friendships. SMWW have something of soul, something not even all lovers have ... you may be with someone else, you may even love her but that does not mean that she is your soul mate, that she is the one who touches your spirit, that be your reference or your safest port. It is for these things that it is useless to try to push away SMWW, it is a cold, a cold that feels inside, we all feel, is a lack that can not be explained.
    It's funny how Jiminez and others like to stress the friendship bit but in an ironic way they are reinforcing why smww are RIGHT for each other. Friendship and trust and faith cushioned by TRUTH is the biggest and most important foundation to any successful relationship between lovers.

    It was a very poignant moment which I always loved and which we had all through preflashpoint and new 52... Diana's ability to comfort Clark while he allows himself to be openly vulnerable with her. And vice versa. You rarely saw this reciprocity with other relationships that was unconditional. The fact she was not sleeping with him made it important too. Because yeah you would comfort your hubby or wife or gf or bf...that is what is expected. But it does not mean you understand at all where this emotion comes from. And many people feel the need to protect, or to be strong for another. And this is what Superman or Wonder Woman does for every one. It is rare they just get to break down and just mourn.

    This is why SMWW inevitable finding each other makes sense. That this woman who was his dear friend could not only empathize ...(Diana empathizes with most)...but she UNDERSTANDS his pain, where it comes from, and how he feels because she feels this too. That is what is unique to them. They have the strongest foundation in the DCU imo as the epitome of what a connected relationship looks like. It is funny too...how DC likes to toss cliches of the opposites attract or push the hero/civilian ...when we all know in reality they more than likely would not work as opposed to two people with similar mind sets who trust, care and admire each other.

    Every reason they try to refute Clark with Diana ARE reasons why they would be inevitable. And it is the reason why we are here today with a growing fandom who believe in these two and who connected to them and see them as making more sense over the years.

    And I could be wrong but Jiminez not supporting them as lovers is because I think he got a bat fetish like Rucka does. And it is slightly funny to me because as an Amazon who is powerful, confident, proud of her heritage, compassionate, sees the world more in the way Clark does etc...a moody broken bad boy with issues and money is the last person I see her even wanting as a lover. And it is ironic too...that he wrote them as besties back in the day...yet we have seen nothing of this magnitude in all of Rebirth and the gang who all currently there who sing they are better as friends, do not even respect it. We all recall the "easy" and "lies" jab from Rebirth Wonder Woman as she spoke about a man who gave his life to save others. The Diana I know would never say that of a friend, much less a lover.


    Currently Clark and Diana are like mere acquaintances who work in the same building but rarely seek each other out or hang together. Preflashpoint we saw this all the time. Clark and Diana seeking each other out for comfort, to reflect, to share etc. It is as if DC too paranoid to let them share meaningful page time...because they knew where it led to. The rise of the SMWW fandom. Can't have new fans liking that and making that smww fandom grow more than it already has.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-12-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  15. #5130
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Pretty much, lol. 🤣 Lara will eventually get her own spin-off after her partners will retire for... huh... contractual reasons. 😜
    Lara should have the Project A-ko like storyline. Clark and Diana only have a few scenes or maybe not as the excuse would be on business trips or yeah, retired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •