Page 321 of 410 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Classic SM/WW toys photography:

"When a Man of Steel meets an Amazon Princess"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Rzd16HFpt/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-17-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

More toy photography! 🤗😍 Ive said, I wouldn’t mind a 70s setting with Lynda/Chris versions and Matthew Haley art! Perfection!

A peek of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles! Review pending along with more pics! I will say it has not ignored the romance aspect of SMWW history despite the recton. The date for this as well is 2019. Just a little odd to me they would do this partnered set when they have SM and WW books separately and could easily just slot this in one page like most anthologies. Seems an effort went into try to show they have an important partnership ( be it friends, allies or lovers) despite being separate franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Deleted a bunch of grumbly, off-topic posts.

This is a thread for the Appreciation of Superman/Wonder Woman, so let's stick with the appreciatin', please!
    Sorry Gaelforce!
    Appreciating SMWW at times leads to bemoaning what's happening to them. However, I'll certainly try to not get too grumpy about it. 😔
    I certainly do love Diana and Kal. We just have to keep reminding ourselves why we do. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Sparks more than fly. It combusts! 😏 (In response to the caption).

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    A peek of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles! Review pending along with more pics! I will say it has not ignored the romance aspect of SMWW history despite the recton. The date for this as well is 2019. Just a little odd to me they would do this partnered set when they have SM and WW books separately and could easily just slot this in one page like most anthologies. Seems an effort went into try to show they have an important partnership ( be it friends, allies or lovers) despite being separate franchises.

Looking forward to your review. I wished it had delved more into their history both friendship and romantically. Like you alluded to, it is definitely interesting that an anthology of just them would be done in the same book and titled so blatantly so given the retcons. Nevertheless, it's encouraging seeing SMWWs relationship and connection to one another acknowledged.

SuperWonder custom art apparel

"#handpaintedjeans #superman #wonderwoman #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0SvS3XosFt/

“Super Love”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B00iVGMp6oq/

“Nike Blazer Mid with Wonder Woman and Superman Custom by @steinnn_ 🦸🏻*♀️🦸🏻*♂️🖌👟”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CSSWhJAuQ/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-17-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Looking forward to your review. I wished it had delved more into their history both friendship and romantically. Like you alluded to, it is definitely interesting that an anthology of just them would be done in the same book and titled so blatantly so given the retcons. Nevertheless, it's encouraging seeing SMWWs relationship and connection to one another acknowledged.
    I feel it is aimed at the casual or new and younger readers to try to attract them to SM and WW and comics. And given it has been selling in places apart from comic shops suggests that, given DC are trying to branch out. I've seen Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, PenguinRandom House, Amazon etc and bookstores the UK and Australia and Holland etc . I think there are those of us who can all recall when we came to comics and not needing movies or tv shows. We came because of a particular comic. Not Reeve or Carter or Dean Cain or Tom Welling or Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot. A bookstore, a library, a friend handing over a book etc. For me was a library and the cover drew me , and flipping thorough pages of Kingdom Come made me want to read it. Also I saw Superman kissing Wonder Woman and I thought...that is always what I felt made the most sense...lemme find out what happened here!!! The rest is history. I did not put KC down and think well that was it. I started picking up comics and learned about SM and WW and realized they had a really profound connection, and friendship. They made sense to me regardless of the status quo at the time. So I think there are a lot of people like us. Who never really thought much about Superman or Wonder Woman's life beyond what we saw in live media and never really examined it deeply or cared deeply about what drove them as individuals and made them who they were. It helps I think SMWW imo felt a more in line with the zeitgeist and them being true equals made me more interested than the regular, cliched superhero stuff we always see. So for me it felt quite natural them as a couple. Or them projected to end up together as in KC as a mature relationship.

Someone might pick it up for their kid or loved one as a gift ( given it has figures) and they will say....hmm, I always knew they had something going on...or they had something? Wow I knew it! Or wow I never never that. But that makes sense. I want to learn more. And why isn't there more!!!????
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-17-2019 at 06:41 PM.

I feel it is aimed at the casual or new and younger readers to try to attract them to SM and WW and comics. And given it has been selling in places apart from comic shops suggests that, given DC are trying to branch out. I've seen Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, PenguinRandom House, Amazon etc and bookstores the UK and Australia and Holland etc . I think there are those of us who can all recall when we came to comics and not needing movies or tv shows. We came because of a particular comic. Not Reeve or Carter or Dean Cain or Tom Welling or Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot. A bookstore, a library, a friend handing over a book etc. For me was a library and the cover drew me , and flipping thorough pages of Kingdom Come made me want to read it. Also I saw Superman kissing Wonder Woman and I thought...that is always what I felt made the most sense...lemme find out what happened here!!! The rest is history. I did not put KC down and think well that was it. I started picking up comics and learned about SM and WW and realized they had a really profound connection, and friendship. They made sense to me regardless of the status quo at the time. So I think there are a lot of people like us. Who never really thought much about Superman or Wonder Woman's life beyond what we saw in live media and never really examined it deeply or cared deeply about what drove them as individuals and made them who they were. It helps I think SMWW imo felt a more in line with the zeitgeist and them being true equals made me more interested than the regular, cliched superhero stuff we always see. So for me it felt quite natural them as a couple. Or them projected to end up together as in KC as a mature relationship.

Someone might pick it up for their kid or loved one as a gift ( given it has figures) and they will say....hmm, I always knew they had something going on...or they had something? Wow I knew it! Or wow I never never that. But that makes sense. I want to learn more. And why isn't there more!!!????
    Hmmmm so we will have new readers, a new generation of readers and even old readers having absolute awareness not only of deep friendship but also of love between them? Well I think the fallacy of deleting the relationship and etc was down the drain ....

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Hmmmm so we will have new readers, a new generation of readers and even old readers having absolute awareness not only of deep friendship but also of love between them? Well I think the fallacy of deleting the relationship and etc was down the drain ....

We have been with DC for a while. You have been reading since Precrisis and COIE. You have seen DC reboot and retcon and change and say this and that and then change. If there is one thing I can guarantee is change is constant. And readers change. And sure for the last 2 and 1/2 years DC been going on about core conceits etc but tbh...nothing is written in stone and people will like what they like. Those who hate our couple will always hate it. But I guarantee it, there are people who like it equally and people who are not aware of it that would probably be far more interested in it than the normal stuff they see one tv and movies of the past decades. I recall chatting with some Marvel readers coming over during the new 52 saying that drew them. So yeah different strokes for different folks. It is up to DC now to see and manage this optimally.

We have been with DC for a while. You have been reading since Precrisis and COIE. You have seen DC reboot and retcon and change and say this and that and then change. If there is one thing I can guarantee is change is constant. And readers change. And sure for the last 2 and 1/2 years DC been going on about core conceits etc but tbh...nothing is written in stone and people will like what they like. Those who hate our couple will always hate it. But I guarantee it, there are people who like it equally and people who are not aware of it that would probably be far more interested in it than the normal stuff they see one tv and movies of the past decades. I recall chatting with some Marvel readers coming over during the new 52 saying that drew them. So yeah different strokes for different folks. It is up to DC now to see and manage this optimally.
    Well just the fact that DC allows the publication of this special with the text that is already in is an indication that they intend to back away from both and perhaps for the next phase / reboot bring back deep friendship or even with the multiverse we will have something else .... who knows?

All I know is that keeping SM away from WW is a factor in making this "cake go down" ... rebirth was the first time I saw them both barely talking and relating and few times in my life have I seen DC get lost in such short period of time as it happened now in Rebirth.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 08-17-2019 at 07:40 PM.

♥️💙#superman #wonderwoman #superwonder #supermanandwonderwoman #dc #love

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1MAmqxib5O/

“With that cute face? Yea! The cutest couple you'll ever see today 💙💛 ♥ ️So tell me, what is your favorite super hero? Have you ever thought of turning him into a super cute teddy bear? 😍😍😍😍😍”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1OwDnLBZk1/

“Super Heroes”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1PKz2DBgds/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-17-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Well stated.
    When thought of from this perspective of the audience aimed at, I can see how this anthology is the right delving point. One is able to get a truncated history lesson on Superman and Wonder Woman from the anthology. Those who want to learn more are the then able to explore further on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Well just the fact that DC allows the publication of this special with the text that is already in is an indication that they intend to back away from both and perhaps for the next phase / reboot bring back deep friendship or even with the multiverse we will have something else .... who knows?

All I know is that keeping SM away from WW is a factor in making this "cake go down ... rebirth was the first time I saw them both barely talking and relating and few times in my life have I seen DC get lost in such short period of time as it happened now in Rebirth.
    I would be very happy with that. One of the things I adored post crisis was their deep connection and friendship. There were so many tender , poignant moments. Having that and having them in AU would be awesome but I want a little bit more than a gn in AU. I want something more serial story telling like the way Earth 2 was done. I mean if Beyond and Injustice can have books then we can have a book where SMWW as a couple in the multiverse . I want a series and it will be great not to have editorial meddling. Who would we have write this? I think it vital to have someone who gets them and who certainly is not about coming into sabotage.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Well stated.
    When thought of from this perspective of the audience aimed at, I can see how this anthology is the right delving point. One is able to get a truncated history lesson on Superman and Wonder Woman from the anthology. Those who want to learn more are the then able to explore further on their own.
    Yep. They mentioned their series and Kingdom Come but did not give much away on that. And they mentioned the word "LOVE". So to those who claimed was "easy." and "lies". Nope.