Page 329 of 410 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 6144

DCEU inspired SuperWonder Art by Damien Torres

“Finally have time to catch up on commissions. Here’s a long overdue Cavill Superman “remark” on a Wonder Woman print. Colors next.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxTZETsBiXd/

“This was a commission done on a print of Wonder Woman had already made. Inked WW, added Henry Cavill’s Superman, and finished in watercolor.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/damientor...131036160?s=21
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-23-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    It's funny how the "Clark Kent" figure is very present but "Diana Prince" as a secret identity is not ... it's as if Diana didn't need it.
    I guess the Diana Prince secret ID never become iconic like Clark Kent's despite the popularity of the Linda Carter's series.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

Issa lie. LOL i think we are all in agreement of the same thing just looking at it in different ways
    This book has multiple writers involved and they still can not get what Rebirth is. It states the Superman Diana loves died but remained close to the Superman that replaced him. That’s a lie point blank. They do not have a connection. Even with the “Trinity” book, it was empty and trying to have this (shallow) “traditional” feel that wasn’t there. Also we are suppose to believe their relationship never existed in the first place. Then called rebirth a “reboot” but it’s supposedly a continuation of new52 but backpedalled and copy/paste pre52 stuff...which is it?? There are multiple discrepancies here.

What it's undermining is the rebirth narratives which 🙃 we don’t mind but yeah everything is pretty much undefined though.
    I feel not even people at DC can get what Rebirth is. 😜

Btw, I don't see Rebirth as a reboot except for some characters like, obviously, SM and WW.

What happened in the Supes franchise was confusing even for the people involved as they kept changing their minds about how handle things. At the beginning of the initiative, there wasn't even a "Reborn" planned, only Superdad replacing the deceased Superman and everybody just adjusting to it. If they would've stick with the original idea, you could've considered it a continuation of the New52. All from the era would've been still canon (even if irrelevant) instead of the confusing frankensteined continuity we got.

You can probably still think that SM/WW have a past, there isn't really much that contradict that (except, perhaps, that they barely interact nowadays). 🤔
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-23-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess the Diana Prince secret ID never become iconic like Clark Kent's despite the popularity of the Linda Carter's series.

I feel not even people at DC can get what Rebirth is. ��

Btw, I don't see Rebirth as a reboot except for some characters like, obviously, SM and WW.

What happened in the Supes franchise was confusing even for the people involved as they kept changing their minds about how handle things. At the beginning of the initiative, there wasn't even a "Reborn" planned, only Superdad replacing the deceased Superman and everybody just adjusting to it. If they would've stick with the original idea, you could've considered it a continuation of the New52. All from the era would've been still canon (even if irrelevant) instead of the confusing frankensteined continuity we got.

You can probably still think that SM/WW have a past, there isn't really much that contradict that (except, perhaps, that they barely interact nowadays). ��
    Hehehehe in this case people would be asking for the return of New 52 Superman in less than 1 year! He was magnificent.

I feel not even people at DC can get what Rebirth is. 😜

You can probably still think that SM/WW have a past, there isn't really much that contradict that (except, perhaps, that they barely interact nowadays). 🤔
    LOL!! True! 🤣

Oh yeah rebirth was a re(de)boot for Superman and Wonder Woman.

That pretty much validates the need for the multiverse. They should’ve kept new52 Superman alive and moved the new52 status quo to another earth or something.

Both characters ended up in a regressive state trying to rewrite their origins and cherry pick events that clearly doesn’t make sense when also trying to cut certain important aspects of events. They put more effort in trying to undermine New52 and the SMWW relationship period it created contradictions within their own bias narratives that threw both characters under the bus. Seriously.... who would want to know the contrived detail of Diana getting bitten by a grass snake and having to get locked up in an institution because she was living in an illusion for 10 years.... but then even the years doesn’t make sense either with their supposed ages. 🤣 Also, this whole thing with Dr. Manhattan seems not to be mentioned either🤔

We can’t say SMWW had a past but they act like strangers now? That doesn’t make sense. There’s no way around all of this. It’s full of contradictions that could’ve been avoided if not for this bias mindset and actively ignoring or trying to twist a dynamic that is obviously very important to both characters.

Boys being boys:

"Batman: I am the strongest!

Superman: I am the strongest!

Wonder Woman: I am the strongest!

Batman: For sure!

Superman: I think so too!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1T1WjGH..._web_copy_link

Hehehehe in this case people would be asking for the return of New 52 Superman in less than 1 year! He was magnificent.
    People asked for his return (and SM/WW's too) and were dismissed by Tomasi at a con. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway, they had already made their decision or wouldn't have jumped the shark by having a doppelganger from a dead timeline ready to impersonate a dead man to replace him at work. 😂 Don't care if later they tried to fix the issue (prob Jonhs starting working on DDC was the reason that led to the merge), it was still the route they planned for almost 2 years before a last minute change.

Also, New52 Superman would've received an overhaul anyway. What do you think Jonhs was planning to do when he jumped to write the main book in 2014?

Can't say if the SM/WW romance would've been affected too as it was up to WB/DC higher ups and seems it was handled as a separate thing from the individual characters' portraits. 🤔

LOL!! True! 🤣

Oh yeah rebirth was a re(de)boot for Superman and Wonder Woman.

That pretty much validates the need for the multiverse. They should’ve kept new52 Superman alive and moved the new52 status quo to another earth or something.

Both characters ended up in a regressive state trying to rewrite their origins and cherry pick events that clearly doesn’t make sense when also trying to cut certain important aspects of events. They put more effort in trying to undermine New52 and the SMWW relationship period it created contradictions within their own bias narratives that threw both characters under the bus. Seriously.... who would want to know the contrived detail of Diana getting bitten by a grass snake and having to get locked up in an institution because she was living in an illusion for 10 years.... but then even the years doesn’t make sense either with their supposed ages. 🤣 Also, this whole thing with Dr. Manhattan seems not to be mentioned either🤔

We can’t say SMWW had a past but they act like strangers now? That doesn’t make sense. There’s no way around all of this. It’s full of contradictions that could’ve been avoided if not for this bias mindset and actively ignoring or trying to twist a dynamic that is obviously very important to both characters.
    You can say it because everything is canon now. 🤯 Also, you know that was indirectly mentioned in the WW book months after Reborn, so... it happened but they keep it secret. 😏
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2019 at 07:49 AM.

People asked for his return (and SM/WW's too) and were dismissed by Tomasi at a con. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway, they had already made their decision or wouldn't have jumped the shark by having a doppelganger from a dead timeline ready to impersonate a dead man to replace him at work. 😂 Don't care if later they tried to fix the issue (prob Jonhs starting working on DDC was the reason that led to the merge), it was still the route they planned for almost 2 years before a last minute change.
    That was rude. Telling fans what version of the character we should love and accept. We aren’t all the same and have different preferences. Limiting the characters to one option only, not only alienated more fans than them gaining fans and new fans at that as, but they’ve been cornered and pretty much now directionless. Superman’s relevance is still in question even more so now.

It would’ve been more logical to just have the multiverse. Have an Ultimate kind of new52 status quo and pre52 status quo.

Also, New52 Superman would've received an overhaul anyway. What do you think Jonhs was planning to do when he jumped to write the main book in 2014?
    A regressive overhaul to go right back to a point that keeps the character stagnant and feeling still stuck in the 70s?

Nah we need a modern Superman.

Can't say if the SM/WW romance would've been affected too as it was up to WB/DC higher ups and seems it was handled as a separate thing from the individual characters' portraits. 🤔
    It was “handled” in a an awkward way that made both characters just as awkward 🤣

You can say it because everything is canon now. 🤯 Also, you know that was indirectly mentioned in the WW book months after Reborn, so... it happened but they keep it secret. 😏

Superman had Reborn and Wonder Woman had living in an illusion both clash contradict themselves.

That was rude. Telling fans what version of the character we should love and accept. We aren’t all the same and have different preferences.
    I think he wasn't aware that the question about the return of New52 Superman and his romance with Diana didn't came from just one person, but pretty much from everybody that asked questions for the con's panel via twitter, or he wouldn't have responded like that.

Limiting the characters to one option only, not only alienated more fans than them gaining fans and new fans at that as, but they’ve been cornered and pretty much now directionless. Superman’s relevance is still in question even more so now.

It would’ve been more logical to just have the multiverse. Have an Ultimate kind of new52 status quo and pre52 status quo.
    More logical for us but from their pov...? 🤔

A regressive overhaul to go right back to a point that keeps the character stagnant and feeling still stuck in the 70s?

Nah we need a modern Superman.
    Knowing Johns, he would've embraced all of Superman's history, trying to reconcile different takes of the character but giving a retro Donner feel to all. 😅

It was “handled” in a an awkward way that made both characters just as awkward 🤣
    I meant that the SM/WW romance was probably treated as its own entity compared to their individual franchises and what was going in them. They could've changed their costumes, origins, storylines direction, but the relationship wasn't depending on any of this individual changes.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2019 at 02:30 PM.

SuperWonder Truffles and cupcakes (part 1)

Last edited by LoveStar; 08-24-2019 at 02:54 PM.

^^^ Is it me or it seems that SM/WW themed sweets/decors are the main ones made available if you have to choose superhero themed stuff for parties? 🤔

I think he wasn't aware that the question about the return of New52 Superman and his romance with Diana didn't came from just one person, but pretty much from everybody that asked questions for the con's panel via twitter, or he wouldn't have responded like that.

Don’t matter if it was one person asking that was still rude and should not dismiss anybody. However, that still doesn’t fly given Tomasi “wrote” the SMWW book and knew the concept and new52 Superman had fans.

More logical for us but from their pov...? 🤔
    They are the ones in a corner LOL so who knows what it considered logic.

Knowing Johns, he would've embraced all of Superman's history, trying to reconcile different takes of the character but giving a retro Donner feel to all. 😅
    Seriously.... holding on to the past for Superman is not good. It has its time. Superman needs to move forward.

I meant that the SM/WW romance was probably treated as its own entity compared to their individual franchises and what was going in them. They could've changed their costumes, origins, storylines direction, but the relationship wasn't depending on any of this individual changes.
    Oh sure it was but apparently it still had a certain amount of effect regardless. It seemed to be underestimated how linked these two are after all.

People asked for his return (and SM/WW's too) and were dismissed by Tomasi at a con. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway, they had already made their decision or wouldn't have jumped the shark by having a doppelganger from a dead timeline ready to impersonate a dead man to replace him at work. �� Don't care if later they tried to fix the issue (prob Jonhs starting working on DDC was the reason that led to the merge), it was still the route they planned for almost 2 years before a last minute change.

Can't say if the SM/WW romance would've been affected too as it was up to WB/DC higher ups and seems it was handled as a separate thing from the individual characters' portraits. ��
    New 52 SM and New 52 WW were heroes under construction! Young, full of energy and ideas ... of course I expected adjustments in both, there were things that bothered me in both but the romance was obviously never one of them ... as for the romance I believe it would be affected yes, maybe they would start a cycle of comings and goings full of breakups and twists and a love triangle in the style of a Mexican soap opera, not that it pleased me but would surely yield discussions among fans and blog posts.

As for Mr Tomasi I am of the opinion that deep down he just did what he was ordered to do as a good boy and that he should be forgotten by all SMWW fans.

Don’t matter if it was one person asking that was still rude and should not dismiss anybody. However, that still doesn’t fly given Tomasi “wrote” the SMWW book and knew the concept and new52 Superman had fans.
    It was the general attitude of the people in charge during that time. They destroyed everything that could get in the way of the status quo they wanted to shove down everyone's throat and leave people without alternatives to like.

New 52 SM and New 52 WW were heroes under construction! Young, full of energy and ideas ... of course I expected adjustments in both, there were things that bothered me in both but the romance was obviously never one of them ... as for the romance I believe it would be affected yes, maybe they would start a cycle of comings and goings full of breakups and twists and a love triangle in the style of a Mexican soap opera, not that it pleased me but would surely yield discussions among fans and blog posts.

As for Mr Tomasi I am of the opinion that deep down he just did what he was ordered to do as a good boy and that he should be forgotten by all SMWW fans.
    I think the SM/WW romance was one of the things that was working best. I'm sure that in a decade from now, we'll still see people using SM/WW kissing images from the New52 as gifts, inspiration for art, etc

It was the general attitude of the people in charge during that time. They destroyed everything that could get in the way of the status quo they wanted to shove down everyone's throat and leave people without alternatives to like.
    Ahhhh my dear, there is always an alternative... that alternative a good part of the fans are doing: not buying or swallowing what they force into our throats.

I think the SM/WW romance was one of the things that was working best. I'm sure that in a decade from now, we'll still see people using SM/WW kissing images from the New52 as gifts, inspiration for art, etc
    New 52 proved by A + B that SM's romance with WW is possible, viable, and popular (unlike loud, angry voices try to say). Even a romance with characters of different franchises can easily be successful if there is a minimum of goodwill among writers ... just let them communicate, talk to each other.