Page 269 of 410 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 6144

More info (sneak peek) of Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles released August 13.

Not exactly excited that it’s rebirth figures LOL 🤣
    This book will give background history of their individual character, possible mention of supporting cast(?) but most of all give detailed history of their connection together.

Collectible Figurines
    Includes special edition guide book and two collectible 5.5" Vinyl Figurines.

Princess of Power
    Brave, bold, beautiful and bulletproof! Wonder Woman has been DC’s most famous female super hero for decades.

Man of Steel
    Rocketed to Earth as a baby. Raised by loving foster parents. Possessed of great powers. He is the original and greatest super hero of them all. He is...Superman!

Partners in Justice
    Wonder Woman and Superman always seemed to have a special understanding. Both are the most powerful heroes on Earth and outsiders – a close friendship that sometimes evolves into something more.

Product Description
    Illustated guidbook featuring the stories of Superman and Wonder Woman, from their origins to their toughest conflicts, packaged with five inch tall vinyl figurines!

Featuring classic tales, timelines, and iconic comic book covers, plus an account of their friendship, romance, and collaboration in the ongoing war against global super villains.

The guide comes complete with two five inch 1:14 scale figurines of Superman and Wonder Woman, sculpted in an iconic pose. The figurines are made of vibrantly coloured vinyl and are produced in association with DC.

In just over 75 years, Superman and Wonder Woman have risen to become two of the most recognizable faces in fantasy. He was rocketed to Earth from the dying world of Krypton and given superpowers by our yellow sun. She was gifted qualities by the Greek Gods, stronger than Hercules, wiser than Athena...

Wonder Woman and Superman always seemed to have a special understanding. They are both, by far, the most physically powerful heroes on Earth. And they are both outsiders. This understanding has resulted in a close friendship between the two, and has sometimes evolved into something more.

Celebrating not only the rich creative history of these two icons, but the work of the writers and artists that have breathed life into them, this guide features work from such immortal talents as Jerry Siegel and
    Joe Shuster, John Byrne and Jim Lee.

Review: From the back cover

In just over 75 years, Superman and Wonder Woman have risen to become two of the most recognizable faces in fantasy. He was rocketed to Earth from the dying world of Krypton and given superpowers by our yellow sun. She was gifted qualities by the Greek Gods, stronger than Hercules, wiser than Athena...

Yet, as time has passed by, both have become more complex. While saving the world, they have remained outsiders, with few understanding the burden that power brings. No wonder they enjoyed a controversial romance, becoming a ‘power couple’ in recent times.

Celebrating not only the rich creative history of these two icons, but the work of the writers and artists that have breathed life into them, this guide features work from such immortal talents as Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, John Byrne and Jim Lee.

Excerpt:
    SON OF KRYPTON, DAUGHTER OF OLYMPUS
    Superman and Wonder Woman, two of the most iconic characters in the history of comics, have broken the boundaries of their original medium to become known throughout the world.

This unique guide takes you into the world of these two much-loved characters, exploring their secrets, from the world of Krypton to the weaponry of the Amazons. It also showcases the genius of the talents that have worked on the comics, from Superman’s creators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, to later figures from John Byrne to Jim Lee. Bringing the story of two all-time greats right up to date, we celebrate the wonder of comics at their most sublime.

LAST SON OF KRYPTON
    superman is earth’s greatest champion, yet he began life on a planet a long, long way from here. his legendary story begins on an ancient world named krypton...

SUPERMAN
    “As a distant planet was destroyed by old age, a scientist placed his infant son within a hastily devised space-ship, launching it toward Earth!”

The above caption appeared in the first panel of the first Superman story published in Action Comics #1 (June 1938), and the words are still applicable today. The details have changed time and again, but essentially Superman’s story is the same today as it has always been. It’s the story of an orphan who finds a family and a greater purpose far from home. It’s the story of a foundling child who’s been sent by an advanced civilisation to show humanity a better way...

SURVIVOR
    Civilizations didn’t come more advanced than the scientific wonder that was the planet Krypton. It’s a pity, then, that the Kryptonians failed to see the dangers around them. The great scientist Jor-El recognized the constant ground quakes for what they were – a warning that Krypton was about to explode. His superiors, however, wouldn’t listen, charging him with heresy and banning him from ever discussing his predictions. Consequently Jor-El was only able to build, in secret, a single prototype spacecraft – not the armada he’d envisioned. At the urging of his wife, Lara, Jor-El planned to use the small craft to save their infant son. As Krypton broke apart around him, Jor-El programmed the spacecraft to fly to a world orbiting a yellow sun. The sun’s radiation would transform baby Kal-El’s Kryptonian cells into living solar batteries, granting him incredible powers.
    In Jor-El’s words, he would become the Earth’s Man of Tomorrow...

PRINCESS OF POWER
    The First Lady of super heroes has been around almost as long as Superman. an emblem of truth, justice and empowerment, Wonder woman was a feminist icon from the very beginning...

Easily the most powerful female super hero in the DC Universe, Wonder Woman combines the abilities of the ancient gods with the insight of a complex, modern woman. From her origins on Paradise Island through death and resurrection, to her current position as an agent for the Department of Meta-Human Affairs in America, Wonder Woman’s story rivals the greatest of myths, giving her a place in the pantheon of humanity’s heroes.

CHILD OF CLAY
    Many years ago, a young American test pilot named Diana Trevor crash-landed on Themyscira, the
    remote island home of the warrior women known as the Amazons. Some time later, when a monster called Cottus threatened the island, Diana used what was left of her plane’s weapons to protect her new friends, ultimately sacrificing her own life to save them. Hippolyta, the queen of the Amazons, never forgot Diana’s sacrifice, remembering her name forever.

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Wond.../dp/1858755751
    Last edited by LoveStar; 06-19-2019 at 08:47 AM.

SuperWonder Cosplay

“Clark and Diana”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BywBPwknQk5/

“Hey, that sandwich was mine!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/By2pB3iD9jR/

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByUhP_qiA1F/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    More info (sneak peek) of Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles released August 13.

Not exactly excited that it’s rebirth figures LOL 🤣
    This book will give background history of their individual character, possible mention of supporting cast(?) but most of all give detailed history of their connection together.

Collectible Figurines
    Of all the SM/WW figures available, why they had to choose the Rebirth ones? Especially blue-boots multiversal refugee Superman? 🤣 They don't really fit the collection. 🤨

Princess of Power
    Brave, bold, beautiful and bulletproof! Wonder Woman has been DC’s most famous female super hero for decades.

Man of Steel
    Rocketed to Earth as a baby. Raised by loving foster parents. Possessed of great powers. He is the original and greatest super hero of them all. He is...Superman!

Partners in Justice
    Wonder Woman and Superman always seemed to have a special understanding. Both are the most powerful heroes on Earth and outsiders – a close friendship that sometimes evolves into something more.

Product Description
    Illustated guidbook featuring the stories of Superman and Wonder Woman, from their origins to their toughest conflicts, packaged with five inch tall vinyl figurines!

Featuring classic tales, timelines, and iconic comic book covers, plus an account of their friendship, romance, and collaboration in the ongoing war against global super villains.

The guide comes complete with two five inch 1:14 scale figurines of Superman and Wonder Woman, sculpted in an iconic pose. The figurines are made of vibrantly coloured vinyl and are produced in association with DC.

Wonder Woman and Superman always seemed to have a special understanding. They are both, by far, the most physically powerful heroes on Earth. And they are both outsiders. This understanding has resulted in a close friendship between the two, and has sometimes evolved into something more.

Celebrating not only the rich creative history of these two icons, but the work of the writers and artists that have breathed life into them, this guide features work from such immortal talents as Jerry Siegel and

Yet, as time has passed by, both have become more complex. While saving the world, they have remained outsiders, with few understanding the burden that power brings. No wonder they enjoyed a controversial romance, becoming a ‘power couple’ in recent times.

Celebrating not only the rich creative history of these two icons, but the work of the writers and artists that have breathed life into them, this guide features work from such immortal talents as Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, John Byrne and Jim Lee.

Excerpt:

This text/link should be shared with the people currently in charge of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lara must have been conceived around "Year 15". She is 17 year-old when she's introduced in DKSA. Batman is 58 there and, I assume, Superman is around the same age. Do the math. 😉

DC can eventually release another 14 miniseries set in each year to get there. 😅 Or just jump straight to the key moments of that timeline. 🤔
    I'm in favor of another 114 Millerverse minis telling all about SMWW ... I'm 100% pro!😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I'm in favor of another 114 Millerverse minis telling all about SMWW ... I'm 100% pro!😂😂😂😂
    Lol. 🤣 Yeah, there are many mins that can be made about both of their children too. 😅

Of all the SM/WW figures available, why they had to choose the Rebirth ones? Especially blue-boots multiversal refugee Superman? 🤣 They don't really fit the collection. 🤨
    Yeah... I really don’t get that LOL However, I think when this was going into production, they were going by then current designs. Jim Lee was mentioned, so going by his first Rebirth design. I believe Batman/Joker Collectible was with Batman’s rebirth design as well.

Still interesting however, that this is yet another indicator, no matter what happens in story because as we see, it can be very bias, outside, what matters is the actual history and staying true to their dynamic known for years.

This text/link should be shared with the people currently in charge of these characters.
    Associated with DC..It’s known just ignored for certain narratives. It’s counterproductive and conflicting but it is what it is 🤨

Blank covers by Spicy Donut, Glenn Whitmore and Mike DeCarlo:

"Here's a more pulpy pinup style wonder woman comic cover. I dont do this style as much anymore but its still fun to dip back in from time to time!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BysjOEKl1ws/

"#heroescon2019 #commissionsketches #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvORsnh_nT/

"#sketchcover #superman #wonderwoman #darkseid #skeletor"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByskTbJBd-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning, my friends. How are you all? I hope everyone is enjoying full health and happiness.

I come here to indicate this book, and as we will have Diana in it in future numbers, it also belongs to this thread.

My opinion:

"The best book of the day!!!! I love Millerverse very much, it is hard, cruel but also bittersweet but this SM is a sweet surprise!

Miller shows us a young Clark Kent conscious of his powers and a baby of superior intellect as we really expect of him. The importance of the Kents again is shown to us with a more firmly Pa Kent, who shows us all his outrage at injustices and how it is passed on to his son. The Kent always knew that Clark's fate was to defend this world, that his powers would serve this planet.

Clark leaving to serve in the Navy was also a natural step, something that many young people who wish to defend their country do. Voluntary military experience is usually very positive for them. Anyone who says that Clark went to the Navy to shoot innocent people or to reinforce any aspect of "imperialism" is a complete idiot! Something that made me curious was that Clark said the ocean called him ... I loved all the meanings implicit in it.

Clark is shown as an intelligent young man, aware of the human fragility that he deeply respects. His love for our planet and for our race is very clear, his notion that he is different and therefore his solitude too... is not something depressing and bordering on the self-pity that we are accustomed to see... he can feel solitary but does not let this feeling become depressive and, of course, he is not alone. He becomes the home leader of the school's "losers" group, a fact I really liked n, when necessary, took on the responsibility of defending them.

The romance between him and Lana is very beautiful, to see how he trusts her, their innocent love, how smart, brave and inspiring she is! I hate the idea of ​​her "breaking the heart of the poor boy" for any foolish reason so that only Lois be the woman who understands him, I always thought Lana was the one who understood him the most. She loved him enough to leave him to fulfill his destiny. This Clark will not be a man-child emotionally dependent on a wife-mother because she will have been associated with great women from the beginning.

One more detail... it's a delight for my eyes and a chill for my heart to see Jor-El again, a true Jor-El good character, loving and concerned about his son. In times where this character has been played in the mud, has had his morale devastated and unrecognizable, to see a classic Jor-El, even if by a few pictures, is charming. I suppose this is the difference between a genius like Miller from other just plain writers ... he knows where to make the right changes and what changes to make to actually create a different and interesting story."

My opinion was published this morning on my twitter and I came here to share it with you, please forgive the little spoilers.
    Awesome. I was so surprised at how thoughtful Miller could be when he delved into the psyche of Clark.

Not exactly excited that it’s rebirth figures LOL ��

Collectible Figurines

Princess of Power

Man of Steel

Partners in Justice

Product Description

Excerpt:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....so it is going to acknowledge their romance!!!

Yeah... I really don’t get that LOL However, I think when this was going into production, they were going by then current designs. Jim Lee was mentioned, so going by his first Rebirth design. I believe Batman/Joker Collectible was with Batman’s rebirth design as well.

Still interesting however, that this is yet another indicator, no matter what happens in story because as we see, it can be very bias, outside, what matters is the actual history and staying true to their dynamic known for years.
    Yeah, it's obvious that reason the Rebirth designs were chosen was because they were the actual designs of SM/WW when the book was made. It works always like that. But I would've preferred a less specific design like their classic looks for a book like that over the Rebirth versions that are among the few ones that don't share a friendship or romance.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....so it is going to acknowledge their romance!!!
    Right!!!
    Of course! Solidifying the term “bestiebaes” 😜
    This is THEIR dynamic point blank...

Yeah, it's obvious that reason the Rebirth designs were chosen was because they were the actual designs of SM/WW when the book was made. It works always like that. But I would've preferred a less specific design like their classic looks for a book like that over the Rebirth versions that are among the few ones that don't share a friendship or romance.
    This what I don’t get, they used the new52 versions for the cover but used rebirth figures that doesn’t honor at all the dynamic?
    But then one wonders if that was suppose to be the case of rebirth then? Even if not being together romantically, was their closeness suppose to have stayed as it should’ve? The designs just take away because it is associated to a very bad downing time for the pair.

SM/WW t-shirts:

"DC Valentine's Day t-shirt"

https://www.instagram.com/p/By03TL9lenE/

"#superman #wonderwoman #valentinesday"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByoRVSvH5rP/

"Couple kit ❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvWckKA_68/

I don't mind the WW design since that the design we getting generally across the board but that Superman onesie...ugh I dislike it a lot. Aesthetically.If we'd gotten red boots or the trunks I'd have not minded.

This what I don’t get, they used the new52 versions for the cover but used rebirth figures that doesn’t honor at all the dynamic?
    But then one wonders if that was suppose to be the case of rebirth then? Even if not being together romantically, was their closeness suppose to have stayed as it should’ve? The designs just take away because it is associated to a very bad downing time for the pair.
    The audience to whom this collection is aimed will not mind anyway, it's just us that associate those designs to a not-so-kind period for SM/WW as both friends and/or lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I don't mind the WW design since that the design we getting generally across the board but that Superman onesie...ugh I dislike it a lot. Aesthetically.If we'd gotten red boots or the trunks I'd have not minded.
    🤣 It's not that bad. Reminds me of the Superman Flyby suit.

SM/WW t-shirts:

"DC Valentine's Day t-shirt"

https://www.instagram.com/p/By03TL9lenE/

"#superman #wonderwoman #valentinesday"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByoRVSvH5rP/

"Couple kit ❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvWckKA_68/
    How cute. Esp that 2nd one.

Perfect for Valentine's Day!!!