Page 346 of 410 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 6144

I do think there was a Jon Kent in Whatever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow, son of "Jordan" and Lois. There's been a lot of uses of the name, its just natural use in alternate tales just because of how special the name is to Clark. But there is absolutely no claim of ownership over it in regards to who the mother has to be in order to utilize it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I do think there was a Jon Kent in Whatever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow, son of "Jordan" and Lois. There's been a lot of uses of the name, its just natural use in alternate tales just because of how special the name is to Clark. But there is absolutely no claim of ownership over it in regards to who the mother has to be in order to utilize it.
    Ah right.

But yes this is what I mean as Taylor used Lara in his story.

And we have had Fury with different fathers etc. DC has no hard and fast rule esp when it it has a multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Miller is cool!!!! Maybe we will have Azzarello continuing his work... everything is possible!
    I would be pretty happy with Azzarello playing in Miller's sandbox. We know he has a great handle on Diana's voice. He also has said several times he has a fondness for Lara's character and I can see him doing some interesting stuff with grown up Jonathan. And his Clark in DK3 was pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Ah right.

But yes this is what I mean as Taylor used Lara in his story.

And we have had Fury with different fathers etc. DC has no hard and fast rule esp when it it has a multiverse.
    Oh yeah your point still stands, Jurgens would have no right to try and claim some sort of ownership or anything to the usage. Heck I can't even say with certainty the Whatever Happened character was the first time it was used. Its an interesting question in fact.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I would be pretty happy with Azzarello playing in Miller's sandbox. We know he has a great handle on Diana's voice. He also has said several times he has a fondness for Lara's character and I can see him doing some interesting stuff with grown up Jonathan. And his Clark in DK3 was pretty solid.
    I'm already curious to see what our creative fanfiction writers will produce from Golden Child.

I'm already curious to see what our creative fanfiction writers will produce from Golden Child.
    I can't wait to see personally.

This has me so excited.

"The Dark Knight Returns story began with its heroes getting older," Miller said of his the latest chapter in his Dark Knight Universe. "Now we’re seeing the next generation of heroes in action, and Rafael was the obvious choice for me to usher in these heroes that are vigorous, untested and loaded with promise. I think that Jonathan Kent in particular will surprise everybody with his unforeseen abilities and impossible mind."

Not only does the series feature the first comic book art Rafael Grampá has produced in over half a decade, the one-shot will feature "open to buy" variant covers by Paul Pope, Joëlle Jones, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller.
    Oh and I need to see the variant covers...I hope we see more stuff come NYCC.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

AHHHH!!! This is great!

Look at Grampa's art of Jonathan and Lara!!! Wow. Lara got a new design too! I like it a lot!

Look at those eyes of Jonathan's! Grampa is clever. He is not just going for the cliched cute. There is something almost transcendent and yes zen about this boy.

And Jonathan sounds so interesting. How cool. To finally have a child that is unique and different to every superboy we have had. Not just a Clark 2.0. He is "magical". Given his parentage, makes sense. I can't wait to read his voice.
    A "magical" kid could even work in canon, you don't need to age him up or anything for him to be of the proper age to be a superhero. Just wait 3 years after he's born. 😅

Don't forget Jonathan Kent as a name for a character was a creation of SMWW via The Kingdom by Mark Waid. Jonathan Kent's name is not exactly owned nor conceived by Jurgens. Diana got pregnant with DK Jonathan in 2001. Long before Jurgens did his Convergence. So if anyone has a claim to the name it is SuperWonder. Same as Lara. Tom Taylor took her name and gave it to a dream fantasy of dictator Supes a daughter called Lara in Injustice. But she is not even real so I doubt she counts. I do not think Jurgens is in any place to tell Miller to not use the name.
    Yeah, the name was used before. But I was worried that the company could have issues with the characters having the same names (and different mothers), how they had issues that there was already a Superboy (Kon-El) and erased him. It's a marketing thing for DC.

Taylor did it on purpose, he "homaged" Kingdom Come and the Millervese but stripping SM/WW from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A "magical" kid could even work in canon, you don't need to age him up or anything for him to be of the proper age to be a superhero. Just wait 3 years after he's born. ��

Yeah, the name was used before. But I was worried that the company could have issues with the characters having the same names (and different mothers), how they had issues that there was already a Superboy (Kon-El) and erased him. It's a marketing thing for DC.

Taylor did it on purpose, he "homaged" Kingdom Come and the Millervese but stripping SM/WW from it.
    I think Diana being the mother is the reason why they can do what they want. She is an immortal amazon and magic plays a part so what she brings to Jonathan is unique. The idea that our Jonathan will be very powerful makes sense and isn't just some made up hyperbole. Plus...it's Frank Miller. I doubt DC can brow beat him. He said he wanted a certain Amazon in Year One and he got her.

Taylor "homaged" ? Really? I would faster call what he did something else. Homage I felt would be when you do something with some semblance of respect for the original. And nothing in Injustice was imo respectful to SMWW when he tackled them. Buccellato's run was a little different. I believed he understood the characters better than Taylor.

I think Diana being the mother is the reason why they can do what they want. She is an immortal amazon and magic plays a part so what she brings to Jonathan is unique. The idea that our Jonathan will be very powerful makes sense and isn't just some made up hyperbole.
    It's pretty Silver-Age-y as idea. Clark was already a super-kid at early age. And don't forget about Wonder Tot too. 😅

Plus...it's Frank Miller. I doubt DC can brow beat him. He said he wanted a certain Amazon in Year One and he got her.
    Perhaps, lol. I think having DKIII already in the works before Convergence could've helped to keep the name (and the kid).

Taylor "homaged" ? Really? I would faster call what he did something else. Homage I felt would be when you do something with some semblance of respect for the original. And nothing in Injustice was imo respectful to SMWW when he tackled them. Buccellato's run was a little different. I believed he understood the characters better than Taylor.
    Yeah, that's why I put "homaged" in quotation marks.

Buccellato was half-ignoring the established Injustice canon to try to don't make SM/WW looks completely bad/evil like in the game. Hard to do, but I'm glad he tried.

A "magical" kid could even work in canon, you don't need to age him up or anything for him to be of the proper age to be a superhero. Just wait 3 years after he's born. 😅
    Not only could it work, but it could also open a new children's line ... the appeal of an interesting child with creative stories ... surely it would not be necessary to grow old and get rid of him.

I don't believe DC is in a position to say "no" to a big name like Frank Miller, if he wanted to call the boy Jonathan DC he would immediately accept.

The soul of Kingdom Come is the Diana / Kal relationship ... the Diana / Kal relationship is one of the pillars of Millerverse ... removing this from a possible "homage" is not a homage. This has another name but I believe they won't allow me to say the real name of it here.

I think Diana being the mother is the reason why they can do what they want. She is an immortal amazon and magic plays a part so what she brings to Jonathan is unique. The idea that our Jonathan will be very powerful makes sense and isn't just some made up hyperbole. Plus...it's Frank Miller. I doubt DC can brow beat him. He said he wanted a certain Amazon in Year One and he got her.

Exactly! Diana is the free pass to the endless possibilities on these children!

The “golden child” in question is young Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. His older sister, Lara, was a major player in The Master Race, where readers saw she had inherited her mother’s Amazonian discipline as well as her father’s Kryptonian superpowers and signature S-shield costume. Jonathan was only a baby then, though he was important enough to be the focal point of a battle between the Amazons and the Kryptonians from Kandor. The Golden Child takes place three years after the conclusion of The Master Race, and though Jonathan is still a child, he’s now grown into a powerful presence, as you can see in Grampá’s exclusive preview art below.

“The possibilities for what he could be just started coming to mind like crazy. I thought the contrast between him and Lara could be really exciting,” Miller tells EW. “Lara has so much power and passion, so for the little boy to embody all of the wisdom and intelligence of the Kryptonian race would be an exciting new dimension. He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family.”

In addition to my initial thoughts,

I think I mentioned this before about what a child of SMWW would be like and lo and behold, I believe Jon will be like Saiki Kusuo! 🤗

Saiki was born with all manner of psychic abilities. Obviously aware as a baby. Maybe that’s what Jon is being a magical being.

All we need now is a revival of A-ko! And we have my usual idea of a crossover! There is truly an abundance of possibilities with this!

A fan also gave a great tagline for the second image, combining Superman and Wonder Woman’s tags: “Man of Steel” and “Amazon Princess” or “Amazing Amazon” as “The Amazing Siblings of Steel” I love it!

I can't wait to see Grampa's combined Logo for Jonathan. I hope we get it. I wonder if Jonathan stays as a toddler in this one shot?

And just an observation from me. People always say Miller's verse is insane and he is crazy and so forth as if what he writes is so bizarre . I think his world is the only one really truly reflective of the downright chaotic one we live in. Just put the news on and tell me if sometimes we don't think we live in a Twilight Zone. Look at the kind of leaders we have, look at how extreme and polarized we can be or how brutal and unfeeling the world is towards its fellow human beings...look at how people have to live or even how they have to die. Miller's world is prophetic.

I can't wait to see Grampa's combined Logo for Jonathan. I hope we get it. I wonder if Jonathan stays as a toddler in this one shot?

And just an observation from me. People always say Miller's verse is insane and he is crazy and so forth as if what he writes is so bizarre . I think his world is the only one really truly reflective of the downright chaotic one we live in. Just put the news on and tell me if sometimes we don't think we live in a Twilight Zone. Look at the kind of leaders we have, look at how extreme and polarized we can be or how brutal and unfeeling the world is towards its fellow human beings...look at how people have to live or even how they have to die. Miller's world is prophetic.

YAASSSS!!!!! 🙌 I really can’t wait for this! I’m sure it will be revealed or hoping to be revealed when Jon joins whatever battle it is. Also there’s other covers so hoping maybe it will be revealed there too!

I agree... re-reading DK II makes me think of the power of media and fake news now ... it's really prophetic!

I don't believe DC is in a position to say "no" to a big name like Frank Miller, if he wanted to call the boy Jonathan DC he would immediately accept.
    I heard he had his 'verse removed from the Multiverse map to be its own thing instead of Earth-31, and stopped Carrie Kelly being used in Tomasi's B&R run. He sure has the last word over his creations.

The soul of Kingdom Come is the Diana / Kal relationship ... the Diana / Kal relationship is one of the pillars of Millerverse ... removing this from a possible "homage" is not a homage. This has another name but I believe they won't allow me to say the real name of it here.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    In addition to my initial thoughts,

I think I mentioned this before about what a child of SMWW would be like and lo and behold, I believe Jon will be like Saiki Kusuo! 🤗

Saiki was born with all manner of psychic abilities. Obviously aware as a baby. Maybe that’s what Jon is being a magical being.

All we need now is a revival of A-ko! And we have my usual idea of a crossover! There is truly an abundance of possibilities with this!

A fan also gave a great tagline for the second image, combining Superman and Wonder Woman’s tags: “Man of Steel” and “Amazon Princess” or “Amazing Amazon” as “The Amazing Siblings of Steel” I love it!
    I got also an Anime/Manga vibe seeing Jonathan's design.