Page 253 of 410 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 6144

“Some things are stronger than Superman, but I don't think he minds. 😁
    @cosplaymagnolia and @mcglam_ at last year's #dragoncon hamming it up for the camera. They're going to be married in less than 60 days!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxut0UkD...=1tcr0hauwwdob

“Mom & dad, let’s all dress up as a superhero!” ❤”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxzePxTC...=11vjlgz010gyl

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5Nw3zo...=18jp5jmiddk9s

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Artist Rafael Grampá just shared on his IG story some sketches of combined SM/WW logos. Obviously the post must be related to the Golden Child book starring the children of SM/WW he's working on and that will be officially announced this Summer at SDCC.

https://www.instagram.com/rafael_grampa/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Artist Rafael Grampá just shared on his IG story some sketches of combined SM/WW logos. Obviously the post must be related to the Golden Child book starring the children of SM/WW he's working on and that will be officially announced this Summer at SDCC.

So is it possible that our dear baby Jon and our beautiful Lara have their own logo, the logo that unites the symbols of the two greatest superheroes in the world? The biggest representatives of their gender? HOPE and TRUTH united? KINDNESS and LOVE? Perfection, my friends, perfection! We are seeing the birth of a new dynasty!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-26-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Finally we will see an original concept for a legacy character ie a combination of the two parents' heritages. Hunter was the closest we got to an amalgam but then they messed it up. Lara chose the Supergirl mantle so this is probably for Jonathan. I am stoked.

DC has a lot of legacy characters but most always inherit the same mantle and ids as one parent etc or different people take one mantle like Robin etc...I tip my hat to Miller for doing what the smww fans have been asking when it comes to smww children...honoring BOTH parents. And is it likely Jonathan might take a new title too? Like not a Superboy or WonderBoy. But something else? I cannot wait for more! Grampa is hailed as a genius artist so one can be sure the art work is going to be stunning.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-26-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Finally we will see an original concept for a legacy character ie a combination of the two parents' heritages. Hunter was the closest we got to an amalgam but then they messed it up. Lara chose the Supergirl mantle so this is probably for Jonathan. I am stoked.

DC has a lot of legacy characters but most always inherit the same mantle and ids as one parent etc or different people take one mantle like Robin etc...I tip my hat to Miller for doing what the smww fans have been asking when it comes to smww children...honoring BOTH parents. And is it likely Jonathan might take a new title too? Like not a Superboy or WonderBoy. But something else? I cannot wait for more! Grampa is hailed as a genius artist so one can be sure the art work is going to be stunning.
    Jon, our Jon, is a magnificent character! It's something new in every way because he's not just SM's son and a new Superboy, he's also WW's son... you know, Lara has taken over Supergirl's mantle but Jon... apparently he will not just be a Superboy . Unlike Lara he grows up in a modified world, he grows up with his father and mother, he grows up with an older sister with a huge fighting and emotional baggage... he does not assume the mantle of a distant father, he assumes the mantle and the legacy of the two! We have already seen that Lara is extremely powerful, she and Jon are certainly the equivalent of Franklin and Valeria Richards on the level of power... I am very anxious for Golden Child, even more so now!

OMG!!! Can’t wait for this to be officially officially announced!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

So is it possible that our dear baby Jon and our beautiful Lara have their own logo, the logo that unites the symbols of the two greatest superheroes in the world? The biggest representatives of their gender? HOPE and TRUTH united? KINDNESS and LOVE? Perfection, my friends, perfection! We are seeing the birth of a new dynasty!

I agree 1000% with both of you! This is what we’ve talked about, SMWW children having combined logos. This is how it should be! I definitely can’t wait to see more art!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

OMG!!! Can’t wait for this to be officially officially announced!!!

I agree 1000% with both of you! This is what we’ve talked about, SMWW children having combined logos. This is how it should be! I definitely can’t wait to see more art!!
    SMWW is not and can not be imposed! It's a natural movement, it's beautiful!

Jon, our Jon, is a magnificent character! It's something new in every way because he's not just SM's son and a new Superboy, he's also WW's son... you know, Lara has taken over Supergirl's mantle but Jon... apparently he will not just be a Superboy . Unlike Lara he grows up in a modified world, he grows up with his father and mother, he grows up with an older sister with a huge fighting and emotional baggage... he does not assume the mantle of a distant father, he assumes the mantle and the legacy of the two! We have already seen that Lara is extremely powerful, she and Jon are certainly the equivalent of Franklin and Valeria Richards on the level of power... I am very anxious for Golden Child, even more so now!
    Jonathan could be a real game changer. Not because the writer says so but because of his origins and who he is. Magic is in his dna. If Diana is a daughter of Zeus, Jonathan has an Olympian as a grandfather. Remember when Diana was readying for War and Clark was narrating? He talked of magic and that the Kandorians had no clue what they were going to come up against. It was powerful. So if he becomes a powerful character...more than his father and mother...that makes sense. And Jonathan probably have more the warrior in him too. And yes he has a more secure upbringing I guess than Lara with both parents in the picture. Lara was hidden away from the government. It was suggested Clark sacrificed a lot to keep her safe, and as Deia said would be good to see Superman's side on why he was seen as a "stooge". I think he alluded he did what he did in DK2 to save millions of lives. We definitely need this DK verse opened up to fill the many gaps. I am glad this is in Miller's verse. Miller is a creator that bows to no one. No trolls. No whiners. He has a following too that many writers could only dream to have because of his body of work. The multiverse is free to do as it pleases. If DC can publish a Superman that is a genocidal dictator for years, they can very well leave Miller the hell alone. He is the last of the few writers than does not cower if some do not find him to their taste and follows through with his ideas. It is refreshing to still have that. Creators are so jumpy and apologetic and write so blandly now even if a small minority cry foul. Being reactive definitely detracts from good writing. I want to see more too and if we get this and any KC stuff...well, I'd say maybe DC isn't so anti smww as I thought it was and at least someone up there is batting for the couple and their fans.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-26-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Jonathan could be a real game changer. Not because the writer says so but because of his origins and who he is. Magic is in his dna. If Diana is a daughter of Zeus, Jonathan has an Olympian as a grandfather. Remember when Diana was readying for War and Clark was narrating? He talked of magic and that the Kandorians had no clue what they were going to come up against. It was powerful. So if he becomes a powerful character...more than his father and mother...that makes sense. And Jonathan probably have more the warrior in him too. And yes he has a more secure upbringing I guess than Lara with both parents in the picture. Lara was hidden away from the government. It was suggested Clark sacrificed a lot to keep her safe, and as Deia said would be good to see Superman's side on why he was seen as a "stooge". I think he alluded he did what he did in DK2 to save millions of lives. We definitely need this DK verse opened up to fill the many gaps. I am glad this is in Miller's verse. Miller is a creator that bows to no one. No trolls. No whiners. He has a following too that many writers could only dream to have because of his body of work. The multiverse is free to do as it pleases. If DC can publish a Superman that is a genocidal dictator for years, they can very well leave Miller the hell alone. He is the last of the few writers than does not cower if some do not find him to their taste and follows through with his ideas. It is refreshing to still have that. Creators are so jumpy and apologetic and write so blandly now even if a small minority cry foul. Being reactive definitely detracts from good writing. I want to see more too and if we get this and any KC stuff...well, I'd say maybe DC isn't so anti smww as I thought it was and at least someone up there is batting for the couple and their fans.
    One thing is clear, we know very little of Millerverse, who is Diana of it? At the time of the release of DK I and II the current version of Diana was made of clay, is she or is she the daughter of Zeus? If it's made out of clay Jon and Lara are also a miracle! Born of a man from the stars and a woman made of clay, a golem, literally a piece of planet Earth! The power and symbolism of this is absurdly great!
    For two graphic novels we saw Superman as a very powerful but fiberless being without leadership and completely surrendered but his last fight on DKIII showed us a God, a skillful, experienced warrior who always restrained himself from injuring humans ... no, not always restrained, I remember him very well finishing a discussion of the League in Batman and Robin and also remember who made him lose some control, a certain passionate Amazon princess, beautiful and determined ... hehehe Diana always awakes the real Superman! Coming back to the subject, we need to see Superman's point of view and we also need to see Diana's point of view, I want to know what Batman thinks about the union of the two, he did not seem at all surprised by this and neither with Lara.

SMWW is not and can not be imposed! It's a natural movement, it's beautiful!
    I love that SMWW pushes boundaries and steps outside tradition. This is why SMWW resonates so much.

One thing is clear, we know very little of Millerverse, who is Diana of it? At the time of the release of DK I and II the current version of Diana was made of clay, is she or is she the daughter of Zeus? If it's made out of clay Jon and Lara are also a miracle! Born of a man from the stars and a woman made of clay, a golem, literally a piece of planet Earth! The power and symbolism of this is absurdly great!
    For two graphic novels we saw Superman as a very powerful but fiberless being without leadership and completely surrendered but his last fight on DKIII showed us a God, a skillful, experienced warrior who always restrained himself from injuring humans ... no, not always restrained, I remember him very well finishing a discussion of the League in Batman and Robin and also remember who made him lose some control, a certain passionate Amazon princess, beautiful and determined ... hehehe Diana always awakes the real Superman! Coming back to the subject, we need to see Superman's point of view and we also need to see Diana's point of view, I want to know what Batman thinks about the union of the two, he did not seem at all surprised by this and neither with Lara.
    I really hope the differences between Lara and Jon’s upbringings are explored. I don’t expect much antagonism between the two but sibling conflicts for sure.

To the logo, again I can not get over the design. It’s very unique yet still recognizable as Superman and Wonder Woman. The “S” looks to be close to an infinity sign. And another fan pointed out the “S” also looks like its divided into "C" for Clark (top) and "D" for Diana (bottom).

There is so much symbolism, representation, and connection with SMWW, it’s absolutely a beautiful thing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW sweets:

"#cake #cakeart #superman #wonderwoman #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGAnWxnZpd/

"A fun spin on Wonder Woman and some classic Superman logos."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwxrc_qgxGE/

"DC superhero helping with an Anniversary wedding celebration! #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxaMgVrB26D/

I love that SMWW pushes boundaries and steps outside tradition. This is why SMWW resonates so much.

I really hope the differences between Lara and Jon’s upbringings are explored. I don’t expect much antagonism between the two but sibling conflicts for sure.

To the logo, again I can not get over the design. It’s very unique yet still recognizable as Superman and Wonder Woman. The “S” looks to be close to an infinity sign. And another fan pointed out the “S” also looks like its divided into "C" for Clark (top) and "D" for Diana (bottom).

There is so much symbolism, representation, and connection with SMWW, it’s absolutely a beautiful thing.
    SMWW are wells of symbolism and legacy ... the burden of these children / teens is immense! As for the logo, I look forward to it being released soon so that the cosplayers begin to replicate it in their costumes!

SMWW are wells of symbolism and legacy ... the burden of these children / teens is immense! As for the logo, I look forward to it being released soon so that the cosplayers begin to replicate it in their costumes!
    OMG!! Cosplays!! Yes!!!
    Even though Hunter’s whole background wasn’t what many presumed. He was still considered as their son, a unique design and was cosplayed. So definitely looking forward to if this is designed for just Jon and hopefully Lara too, both are cosplayed!

May be thinking too far ahead, but I’m looking forward also for the logo to be used for couples photos and fams 🤗🤗

OMG!! Cosplays!! Yes!!!
    Even though Hunter’s whole background wasn’t what many presumed. He was still considered as their son, a unique design and was cosplayed. So definitely looking forward to if this is designed for just Jon and hopefully Lara too, both are cosplayed!

May be thinking too far ahead, but I’m looking forward also for the logo to be used for couples photos and fams ����
    Why not? With SMWW the possibilities are endless!