Page 97 of 410 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yay to more His/Hers Love!

Yes! LOL
    Not understanding how this isn’t understood. Superman can’t move forward, can’t gain popularity being stagnant and or constantly going backwards. Superman is the first hero, but has fallen behind. Being just “Clark Kent”...then why isn’t the title “Clark Kent” then? Don’t wear the \S/ If embracing the heritage is such a burden. Yeah, Superman now has to take notes from other charcters because those charcters have been able to evolve and be in tune with the times.
    The irony when the character actually was already everything that a modern audience would have connected to given how socially conscious society has become and more global...ie the Golden Age SM was the social crusader and very much confident and sure about his identity and what his purpose was and he did not care if he had to step on toes...because that is how real change comes ...being proactive, not reactive. The irony the new 52 counterpart was the closest to that while having a modern sensibility and they destroyed him, and even tried to dilute him with a merger that made no sense.

SuperWonder Husband and Wife volunteer for the Tim Tebow Foundation: Night To Shine

“Love my Superman❤️ so blessed to have such a selfless and kind husband ! He blew me away last night as usual with his pure love for others !”

“Night to Shine here these super heroes come !!!”

”A Night to Shine was such a blast tonight! Superman and Wonder Woman feel so blessed to have met and danced with some of the sweetest souls on Earth tonight. It was so beautiful to be able to see those wonderful people have the time of their lives ❤️“

Good morning, my dear friends!!!! May this week be full of blessings, joys and victories!!!

"Children? Not only! Adults love these characters too and are in love with both. So take a look at @piticaspetropolis that has a lot of cool stuff!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtvRmHEF...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-18-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning, my dear friends!!!! May this week be full of blessings, joys and victories!!!

"Children? Not only! Adults love these characters too and are in love with both. So take a look at @piticaspetropolis that has a lot of cool stuff!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtvRmHEF...on_share_sheet
    Good Morning! Happy Monday! 🤗 Yes indeed! Start the week with motivation and positivity!

As always, loving the captions!

This is another thing I love about SMWW is that they bask in the youthful joys no matter the age. They are two free spirits embracing diversity.

And also, going back to the article on the previous page:

“Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are our modern mythology,” Alejo Benedetti, Crystal Bridges assistant curator, said Thursday in between putting the final touches on the exhibit that features over 70 artworks, including paintings, photography, video, sculptures, performance art and more, crafted by over 50 U.S. and International artists. “They are our modern Zeus and Hera. We decided to focus on them because Superman is first superhero, and Wonder Woman is the most iconic super heroine. Nearly everyone finds a connection to these characters, and we wanted to show them through the lens of the artist.”
    Superman and Wonder Woman, are not only the Father and Mother of Superheroes but the King and Queen of Modern Mythology. 😏
    I love that! It’s ironic, that Diana is the daughter of Zeus and Kal is a (Sun) God in his own right. I love that this is being strongly acknowledged outside of comics. Knowing the broader POV of how Superman and Wonder Woman are seen as individuals but also together and knowing that the general audience knows that their connection is on a very deep level. They have become more than just comic characters in a way, especially when they are together, as we see above as one example with the Husband and Wife volunteers as well.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 02-11-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Good Morning! Happy Monday! �� Yes indeed! Start the week with motivation and positivity!

As always, loving the captions!

This is another thing I love about SMWW is that they bask in the youthful joys no matter the age. They are two free spirits embracing diversity.

And also, going back to the article on the previous page:

Superman and Wonder Woman, are not only the Father and Mother of Superheroes but the King and Queen of Modern Mythology. ��
    I love that! It’s ironic, that Diana is the daughter of Zeus and Kal is a (Sun) God in his own right. I love that this is being acknowledged outside of comics. Knowing the broader POV of how Superman and Wonder Woman are seen as individuals but also together and knowing that the general audience knows that their connection is on a very deep level.
    Outside comics people seems to understand SMWW better than the current writers of comics... people seem to understand them better as individuals and as a couple, perhaps because they live day-to-day, project them into day-to-day situations, and do not try to problematize and create dramas, mostly unnecessary and empty like current writers are doing, trying in vain adapt a situation of doldrums and incompatibility, when they should be making much less effort in giving us stories of SM side by side of WW with high quality and a huge range of possibilities on hand to help them.

Outside comics people seems to understand SMWW better than the current writers of comics... people seem to understand them better as individuals and as a couple, perhaps because they live day-to-day, project them into day-to-day situations, and do not try to problematize and create dramas, mostly unnecessary and empty like current writers are doing, trying in vain adapt a situation of doldrums and incompatibility, when they should be making much less effort in giving us stories of SM side by side of WW with high quality and a huge range of possibilities on hand to help them.
    This is why the exhibit is so important. They are having discussions about topics and ideas Superman and Wonder Woman should be dealing with within the comics. They might have but the topics and ideas have been executed badly, water down or completely shyed away from. This is how they are seen by the general audience. Honor that and take the time actually dive deep with the charcters to maintain their relevance, gain more popularity and be more relatable. As I said, what makes Superman and Wonder Woman relatable isn’t by grounding them and having them, especially Clark, wallowing in this identity crisis. They are to embrace all of who they are, embrace and celebrate diviersity.

This is why the exhibit is so important. They are having discussions about topics and ideas Superman and Wonder Woman should be dealing with within the comics. They might have but the topics and ideas have been executed badly, water down or completely shyed away from. This is how they are seen by the general audience. Honor that and take the time actually dive deep with the charcters to maintain their relevance, gain more popularity and be more relatable. As I said, what makes Superman and Wonder Woman relatable isn’t by grounding them and having them, especially Clark, wallowing in this identity crisis. They are to embrace all of who they are, embrace and celebrate diviersity.
    These people, those who attend exhibitions, buy merch, make themed parties, are the target that should be reached by DC to get new readers ... joining this new audience with what already exists SMWW becomes a bestseller perhaps at the level of Batman; and God knows that DC needs a bestseller urgently since JL lost sales thanks to the current approach of the book that, repeating the biggest error of Rebirth, mischaracterized the group. With AC and SM losing their breath or DC makes a reboot or loses more and more sales, fans and space.

These people, those who attend exhibitions, buy merch, make themed parties, are the target that should be reached by DC to get new readers ... joining this new audience with what already exists SMWW becomes a bestseller perhaps at the level of Batman; and God knows that DC needs a bestseller urgently since JL lost sales thanks to the current approach of the book that, repeating the biggest error of Rebirth, mischaracterized the group. With AC and SM losing their breath or DC makes a reboot or loses more and more sales, fans and space.
    DC wants a new audience, wants globalization...but yet don’t take the steps to get that LOL
    For Superman and Wonder Woman it’s so much more complexed than Batman and honestly, they are more important. They shouldn’t be behind as they are. Superman and Wonder Woman deemed as Father/Mother of Superheroes and King/Queen modern mythology, show this. Take the steps to truly honor this. Don’t let this perception go in vain because it’s easier to write superficial stuff. Take on the challenges, be more creative, embrace who they really are and what they represent.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 02-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Hubby bought these 2 cuties from Hong Kong to add to my B.Wing Justice League figure collection! 😍😍"

"Clark Kent? Too obvious man! 🤣"

"Wonder Woman with her invisible plane and golden lasso!!"

https://www.instagram.com/the3kbears/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Hubby bought these 2 cuties from Hong Kong to add to my B.Wing Justice League figure collection! 😍😍"

"Clark Kent? Too obvious man! 🤣"

"Wonder Woman with her invisible plane and golden lasso!!"

https://www.instagram.com/the3kbears/
    These are so cute!! And awe, gift from the hubby 🤗

DC wants a new audience, wants globalization...but yet don’t take the steps to get that LOL
    For Superman and Wonder Woman it’s so much more complexed than Batman and honestly, they are more important. They shouldn’t be behind as they are. Superman and Wonder Woman deemed as Father/Mother of Superheroes and King/Queen modern mythology, show this. Take the steps to truly honor this. Don’t let this perception go in vain because it’s easier to write superficial stuff. Take on the challenges, be more creative, embrace who they really are and what they represent.
    Exactly! SMWW are epic!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Hubby bought these 2 cuties from Hong Kong to add to my B.Wing Justice League figure collection! ����"

SMWW South Park style, I like it. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Forever shipping these two!
    I just could not get a good photo to show how beautiful this glitter is, but I do love some good and nerdy, Valentine’s nail art.
    Glitter mix is the Romance mix..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtwIBkXA...on_share_sheet

Nail polish, perfumes, t-shirts, fashion in general, underwear, notebooks, backpacks, slippers, jewelry, music, books, what else is missing? SMWW dominated the world!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-18-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Right! 🤣 still love it all! SMWW hits all bases as we’ve said!
    Still no SM/WW house has been built though. 😁

They have “Men of Steel, Women of Wonder” capes at the exhibit!!

“You know that you have met your twin spirit when this is what you do when you first meet. Thank you, Fahamu for being, dynamite.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bts2Y9mgXfD/

“#MOSWOW”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrfekOFZmo/
    That's amazing. I see that they feel empowered by wearing the capes. 😅

“We love comics! In support of our friends at @crystalbridgesmuseum and the new #moswow exhibit, here’s some of our Superman and Wonder Woman selection; including a reproduction of “Action Comics #1” from our Book Vault”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrefhEnn4C/
    JL #12 is among the selected comic-books. 😎