Page 9 of 410 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SMWW has had many aspects starting to be explored. Hitting a lot of corners. There is still a lot more to be done just so unnecessary to stop it abruptly or limit it.
    The potential is pretty much unlimited.

That’s the issue then. He is an out-of-the-ordinary guy period so why have him as otherwise and pretend to be just ordinary. I really don’t like all these limitations coming about. It’s so lazy. And isn’t this why he was written to think he wasn’t good enough for Diana? 🙄
    Yeah, this was the reason. The 80s reboot brought this huge change of how Supes perceived himself.

No prob!
    With this scenario, this is all we went. Kal and Diana can do ordinary things if it has to be but on extraordinary and grander levels.
    Exactly, that's the way these characters should be handled.

You can be extraordinary and still remain humble. You can be humble and become extraordinary. You can be raised royal and be a protector and hero. Dignity and goodness, and compassion and mercy etc are not exclusive to one kind of person. You can be street rat, pauper, exile, adopted and become extraordinary. You can be a billionaire,a king, a princess and sacrifice your comfort to fight to protect others. There is no one way to be. And a man from extraordinary beginnings, raised quietly and humbly, but who, because of his birthright...can become something and someone great...it does not mean he has to see himself one way. ie Clark is all I am, Superman is what I do. I find that bewildering tbh. To me he is Clark, Kal and Superman. He lives those personas. They are a part of him. I don't know how anyone can suggest the magnitude of what he does doesn't make him what he is. It damn well does. Clark was raise by the Kents but it is Kal and Superman that helps hone the man too. Kal learns of the heritage...his history...Superman's experiences are so amazing...full of so much life changing events, he meets so many living beings, sees so many things...The man he evolves into is affected by the role he plays as a hero and Superman as much as Clark Kent does as a reporter...I'd say much more. I am sorry. If Clark Kent never had his powers, he'd never live through any of what he has to do as Superman, never have the burdens, the responsibilities, the dangers, see the vast world and universe, connect to life on such a vast level . You get a different perspective on life . A regular joe does not have the same experience. Why shouldn't he be allowed to embrace all that? Like I said SMWW can go very big and go very small. They don't have to jump through hoops or the shark to do it. Some fans go ...oh he needs downtime. I say bs. Here is a meta character who does not need sleep, powers up by the sun etc, juxtapose against human characters who slog it out, break bones, have to train hard and they dedicate their lives to fighting for justice, and you tell me SM needs downtime? Please. I think DC has watered down SM. In many ways. Thinking he is not good enough for Diana or making the ID a big issue is just a cop out by DC.

More DCEU SMWW love. This Wedding Cake is very elaborate. Love the smww cakes represent the two heroes side by side, their colors, emblems, uniform, accessories. A lot of though went into this one. And again..people don't care about the movies set up. They see themselves as SM with WW. Hehehe.

https://www.instagram.com/elllasbolo...p/BsNsGdPHyPc/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The potential is pretty much unlimited.
    Yeah...however the creative thought process and the willingness to tap into the potential is limited. That needs to change ASAP.

Yeah, this was the reason. The 80s reboot brought this huge change of how Supes perceived himself.
    Hellacre pretty much said it (below)...a cop out and watering him down.

Exactly, that's the way these characters should be handled.
    Should be yes... but won’t be because again lack of willingness and settling for “basics”

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    You can be extraordinary and still remain humble. You can be humble and become extraordinary. You can be raised royal and be a protector and hero. Dignity and goodness, and compassion and mercy etc are not exclusive to one kind of person. You can be street rat, pauper, exile, adopted and become extraordinary. You can be a billionaire,a king, a princess and sacrifice your comfort to fight to protect others. There is no one way to be. And a man from extraordinary beginnings, raised quietly and humbly, but who, because of his birthright...can become something and someone great...it does not mean he has to see himself one way. ie Clark is all I am, Superman is what I do. I find that bewildering tbh. To me he is Clark, Kal and Superman. He lives those personas. They are a part of him. I don't know how anyone can suggest the magnitude of what he does doesn't make him what he is. It damn well does. Clark was raise by the Kents but it is Kal and Superman that helps hone the man too. Kal learns of the heritage...his history...Superman's experiences are so amazing...full of so much life changing events, he meets so many living beings, sees so many things...The man he evolves into is affected by the role he plays as a hero and Superman as much as Clark Kent does as a reporter...I'd say much more. I am sorry. If Clark Kent never had his powers, he'd never live through any of what he has to do as Superman, never have the burdens, the responsibilities, the dangers, see the vast world and universe, connect to life on such a vast level . You get a different perspective on life . A regular joe does not have the same experience. Why shouldn't he be allowed to embrace all that? Like I said SMWW can go very big and go very small. They don't have to jump through hoops or the shark to do it. Some fans go ...oh he needs downtime. I say bs. Here is a meta character who does not need sleep, powers up by the sun etc, juxtapose against human characters who slog it out, break bones, have to train hard and they dedicate their lives to fighting for justice, and you tell me SM needs downtime? Please. I think DC has watered down SM. In many ways. Thinking he is not good enough for Diana or making the ID a big issue is just a cop out by DC.
    As always...perfectly stated, Hellacre!

More DCEU SMWW love. This Wedding Cake is very elaborate. Love the smww cakes represent the two heroes side by side, their colors, emblems, uniform, accessories. A lot of though went into this one. And again..people don't care about the movies set up. They see themselves as SM with WW. Hehehe.

I’m really loving the creativity of the SuperWonder weddings be it the cakes, invitations, the decor, or the bride and groom themselves. For SMWW to be the representation of so many couples special moment(s) proposals, weddings, engagements, paternal, it’s such a beautiful and powerful statement made about the pair.

Bold: LOL the irony... very telling
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-04-2019 at 09:33 PM.

More personalized SMWW Family pic for gift

A lot of couples want to be a real powerful couple!

Lovely art as always!

The fam arts are always so meaningful giving the statement of resonance.

Benes art associates coming through yet again!

The Princess and Farmboy or island girl and farm boy! It’s such a sweet concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    A lot of couples want to be a real powerful couple!
    Of course! 😉 it’s not about physically power either. It’s about the power of absolute truth, honesty, security, and understanding, willing to make sacrifices, put in the actual work, earning it, learning the true value. Being of actual equals on all levels.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-05-2019 at 08:48 AM.

I find it funny. For a couple that some claim was not popular, was not liked, was not a success...smww has evidence to counteract that claim. Fan art and commissions still keep cropping up. Cosplayers opt to be them. Couples who cosplay see themselves as them. They are popular for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, weddings, birthdays, engagements, pop art, paintings. clothing, shops themed with them. there is merchandising with them, their books sold, still are, got translated onto other languages....I am confused. What else needs to happen to convince DC the couple is worth at least its own book via the multiverse?

The weird thing is that those excuses make it looks like they aren't ready yet to be together because not enough mature and experienced. 😉

I’m really loving the creativity of the SuperWonder weddings be it the cakes, invitations, the decor, or the bride and groom themselves. For SMWW to be the representation of so many couples special moment(s) proposals, weddings, engagements, paternal, it’s such a beautiful and powerful statement made about the pair.

Bold: LOL the irony... very telling
    This one is probably the best SM/WW cake I've ever see. Love all the details and it looks delicious too. 🤤

Yeah...however the creative thought process and the willingness to tap into the potential is limited. That needs to change ASAP.
    Maybe one day someone in charge at WB will realize the SM/WW marketing potential and will push them everywhere. 😝

I find it funny. For a couple that some claim was not popular, was not liked, was not a success...smww has evidence to counteract that claim. Fan art and commissions still keep cropping up. Cosplayers opt to be them. Couples who cosplay see themselves as them. They are popular for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, weddings, birthdays, engagements, pop art, paintings. clothing, shops themed with them. there is merchandising with them, their books sold, still are, got translated onto other languages....I am confused. What else needs to happen to convince DC the couple is worth at least its own book via the multiverse?
    Right
    SMWW covers all the bases and more as you have pointed out. Two seperate franchises, yet under the same umbrella, (though not “traditional” in the basic sense) are constantly marketed together with ease. BatCat or joker/Harley are two other pairings marketed and it’s much easier given they are from the same franchise etc etc... but even those two are sort of scarce beyond places like Hot Topic. SMWW goes beyond and bigger than that and guaranteed to succeed when pushed to get the interest of different audiences.

Let’s take a look of those who claim that SMWW are not popular.... hmmmm... I see.... it is the same group that make noise about things that they don’t like but are unable to fight for what they like have better stories... DC knows that SMWW is a success and that they represents everything a healthy couple see as an ideal realtionship, they know that they are swimming against the tide doing different from this but it is a personal choice, from those who are running DC now! But they will fall... the low sales will make them drop!

Right
    SMWW covers all the bases and more as you have pointed out. Two seperate franchises, yet under the same umbrella, (though not “traditional” in the basic sense) are constantly marketed together with ease. BatCat or joker/Harley are two other pairings marketed and it’s much easier given they are from the same franchise etc etc... but even those two are sort of scarce beyond places like Hot Topic. SMWW goes beyond and bigger than that and guaranteed to succeed when pushed to get the interest of different audiences.
    What you describe is more WB territory than DC anyway.

The weird thing is that those excuses make it looks like they aren't ready yet to be together because not enough mature and experienced. 😉
    This works. It’s a very real concept of building a relationship. Clark needs to build up his confidence, be more open and accepting to his own truth, know himself etc. Diana needs to explore more of the world for herself being that she came from an isolated island. At the same time, their feelings are growing to something very real and solid. Building that bond of a trusting and honest friendship first.

This one is probably the best SM/WW cake I've ever see. Love all the details and it looks delicious too. 🤤
    It seems that every cake we see gets better and better!

Maybe one day someone in charge at WB will realize the SM/WW marketing potential and will push them everywhere. 😝
    LOL what more marketing potential needs to be seen when it’s new merch constantly popping up and as we said a couple of posts back, being that many of the items say “sold out” gives an indication of how well it does

Oh...still confused. Comment right above still applies.

I agree and disagree. Yes, movie synergy was a big part and prob that move to Burbank prob caused a shift in power and dynamics. I am sure the DC crew of NY has to listen to execs first. But I don't see smww from a canon that was its own verse differs to the other verses built by other shows and books...be it cartoons or tv shows. They all veer slightly from comics. They build story, build a base and they try to respect the fanbase...be it Arrowverse, Young Justice , Smallville, JL/U etc. There are traditional pairings that did not get together because of the nature of those verses and the producers and creators didn't just dump on what they wrote to shoehorn something that had no build up. Those verses are allowed to maintain their own tone and relationships. Many of them can't even sell a comic series beyond 10 issues, they have no real huge following the way GOT or TWD has...yet they seem to get some autonomy. SMWW as we said has more success in terms of merch and books...so the fact DC and WB screwed the new 52 animation over to me was a huge disservice to the fans. They could have done their tradition as standalone, they have tradition in tv and movies and allowed the new 52 verse to evolve and do new stories.It seems they only want synergy for SM and WW. No other property. Given SM is in such a state of flux and not even given a sequel because they fear audiences won't bring in monetary returns they expect, I am not sure how much that forcing synergy was a good strategy. Movie synergy could be used as an excuse then for any smww centric story to mess it up, eg KC or DK verse. Imagine saying synergy and using KC ideas and core plot and just dumping on WW role and taking it away and altering it to suit tradition. That is what DC and WB did with the new 52. The new 52 was not a flash in the pan. A few issues. It had FIVE years of stories. I am just very confused by DC and WB still.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-05-2019 at 10:45 AM.