Page 355 of 410 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 6144

More Dragon Con Cosplay!

New52 Superman and Wonder Woman Fun and Romance!

(part 2)

AWWW. These cosplays. I recognize fan art and smww comic poses!

I LOVE THEM! And let me say this is the best new 52 Superman cosplay suit I have seen. I think having a good body helps but he did a great job at the suit. Too often the seams are distracting but here they look awesome!!

Lovestar, can you ask these two cosplayers if they will be at NYCC as new 52 SMWW? I want to know if they can go parade in front of Jim and Tomasi and the others folks from DC who are scheduled to be there. I would also like Bryan and Jen to do the same too.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-21-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

I LOVE THEM! And let me say this is the best new 52 Superman cosplay suit I have seen. I think having a good body helps but he did a great job at the suit. Too often the seams are distracting but here they look awesome!!

Lovestar, can you ask these two cosplayers if they will be at NYCC as new 52 SMWW? I want to know if they can go parade in front of Jim and Tomasi and the others folks from DC who are scheduled to be there. I would also like Bryan and Jen to do the same too.
    Ask if they can carry a poster with the comparision of new 52 sales with now?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ah yes. Just like everything else DC and WB does. And as we knew it did not bear fruit because it was flawed from the get go and impacted big time on the story and the audience did not buy it...least where it counts. I was so disappointed at the set up for BM v SM and JL esp the blatant disregard for the smww dynamic, even as dear friends/ trusted allies and feared DC and WB were going to rewrite comic history as they tried in early Rebirth. But thank goodness what happened was it did not fly and seems DC back tracking now to what was...even if they have not given us much between Clark and Diana as friends in the comics these days. It frustrates me at times. It's like with every step forward with smww, someone comes with an agenda to push them backwards.
    Yeah, they needed people from the comics to back up what they were doing in the movies. There was that weird featurette with Geoff Johns blabbling about Diana having historically in the comics a close/deep relationship only with the Bat-guy and no one else in the League while they were showing Trinity pics with Superman cropped out. How lame is that? 😅

It piss me off that they are damaging SM/WW friendship for such nonsense that it's not going anywhere anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

Hahahahaha. I would love that too!

Now let us see...criteria to gauge success...I would think would be based on several factors

The SMWW volume 1 by Soule is a critical and reader wise high in reviews. AND did well in sales. It has been translated also in various languages. It also still generates cosplay, merch, fan art, inspires events like weddings and other celebrations for adults and children which suggests it is popular with fandom within and outside comics.

Sooo...we have met all criteria, covered all bases.

Cute SM/WW toys pics:

"Diana: Clark, you shouldn't take kryptonite, which you already know is becoming unbearable..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2TNEpViGD5/

"When #superman comes to visit #wonderwoman to the #office and they go for a walk with #stitch :-)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hNgT3Bim9/

"Surprises that your girlfriend gives you, impossible not to love her"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Uk90kCS5A/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, they needed people from the comics to back up what they were doing in the movies. There was that weird featurette with Geoff Johns blabbling about Diana having historically in the comics a close/deep relationship only with the Bat-guy and no one else in the League while they were showing Trinity pics with Superman cropped out. How lame is that? ��

It piss me off that they are damaging SM/WW friendship for such nonsense that it's not going anywhere anyway.
    Geoff Johns, of all people, should know that SM and WW have been closer than any two Leaguers and have more moments in comics than her and BM. Esp from preflashpoint, AU and new 52. He has been with DC long enough. This is an example of the agenda I mean and in the end it fell on its face. They would not treat other relationships or friendships with such scant disregard. We need people who love and respect SM and WW and SMWW.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I recall that fan-art, lol. 🤣

Geoff Johns, of all people, should know that SM and WW have been closer than any two Leaguers and have more moments in comics than her and BM. Esp from preflashpoint, AU and new 52. He has been with DC long enough. This is an example of the agenda I mean and in the end it fell on its face. They would not treat other relationships or friendships with such scant disregard. We need people who love and respect SM and WW and SMWW.
    Of course he know. But what he could've said? That SM/WW were always close friends in the comics but Snyder thought of shifting dynamics and make them strangers for some reason? They were trying to not lose their face by not brought up that SM/WW were even a couple at the time while they were pushing a crack ship that wasn't even meant to go anywhere outside of their questionable marketing. The whole pushing a non-existent romance was already embarrassing enough for them.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-21-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I recall that fan-art, lol. ��

Of course he know. But what he could've said? That SM/WW were always close friends in the comics but Snyder thought of shifting dynamics and make them strangers for some reason? They were trying to not lose their face by not brought up that SM/WW were even a couple at the time while they were pushing a crack ship that wasn't even meant to go anywhere outside of their questionable marketing. The whole pushing a non-existent romance was already embarrassing enough for them.

Would be nice for a change for someone to be honest about the smww relationship and how important it is to each of them. It happens even in the DCAU from the Timmverse onwards to the current people this need to make it seem as if it is nothing. Even in stories like New Frontier that just undermined the closeness and the importance to each other in terms of how they see the world and their shared pov.

As on the topic of animation I see a teaser for Red Son. Wonder Woman of course is in it too. But I can't really say I am excited as as smww fan we have been continuously burnt by these animators , even when smww HAVE scenes, they take it. Also the way Red Son Superman while his intent was to try to help his people, , he used Diana for was not nice. He did not care for her really in the book while she did him. I don't know how they can portray a man as misguided but with admirable intentions when he treats an ally and woman , who was willing to help him at her own peril, as if she was just a means to an end. So jury is out on that. DCAU often adapt and change for others to look good...fat chance they do that for smww dynamic in Red Son.

Ah, you found the original. 😂

Would be nice for a change for someone to be honest about the smww relationship and how important it is to each of them. It happens even in the DCAU from the Timmverse onwards to the current people this need to make it seem as if it is nothing. Even in stories like New Frontier that just undermined the closeness and the importance to each other in terms of how they see the world and their shared pov.
    I think it was on the commentary of the cartoons that it's addressed that they didn't know what to do with WW and thought she needed to have some kind of romance (cuz she's a female, I guess 🙄 ) but didn't wanted to follow the comics of having her and Supes romantically linked. Meh.

As on the topic of animation I see a teaser for Red Son. Wonder Woman of course is in it too. But I can't really say I am excited as as smww fan we have been continuously burnt by these animators , even when smww HAVE scenes, they take it. Also the way Red Son Superman while his intent was to try to help his people, , he used Diana for was not nice. He did not care for her really in the book while she did him. I don't know how they can portray a man as misguided but with admirable intentions when he treats an ally and woman , who was willing to help him at her own peril, as if she was just a means to an end. So jury is out on that. DCAU often adapt and change for others to look good...fat chance they do that for smww dynamic in Red Son.
    I don't recall much of Red Son. And I'm not interest to reread it before watching the cartoon. Btw, this time, they could take the bad scenes and give them to others for a change. 🤣

It’s amazing!! So much love and dedication! So much fun! That’s what Superman and Wonder Woman is all about!
    I miss new52 because they represented such a fun, exciting, fresh young vibe!

Heh, sure! Sure! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It’s amazing!! So much love and dedication! So much fun! That’s what Superman and Wonder Woman is all about!
    I miss new52 because they represented such a fun, exciting, fresh young vibe!

Heh, sure! Sure! ��

That's exactly what SMWW is: FUN! Of course its all the symbolism, the heroic aspects and etc etc but ... without this refined sense of humor, without this natural intimacy, without this balance and freedom that both have as friends or lovers none of this would work.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.

That's exactly what SMWW is: FUN! Of course its all the symbolism, the heroic aspects and etc etc but ... without this refined sense of humor, without this natural intimacy, without this balance and freedom that both have as friends or lovers none of this would work.
    Right! Superman and Wonder Woman are two birds that are meant to fly high. They are meant to be themselves, love life, live life to its fullest as of who they are, embrace all, not hide from all, not suppress themselves. We see that when they are together whether it be just friends or lovers. They’ve defined “bestiebaes” and that’s what they should be 😜