Page 352 of 410 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 6144

Here’s another set of the New52 Superman and Wonder Woman cosplayers at Dragon Con. There'll be more of them in the upcoming days...🤗

SuperWonder Lifting Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    They seems to have fun in what they are doing..... this is the spirit of SMWW... not a grumpy couple but a young spirit couple!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Here’s another set of the New52 Superman and Wonder Woman cosplayers at Dragon Con. There'll be more of them in the upcoming days...🤗

SuperWonder Lifting Challenge

Ha, funny. They took hundreds of photos at the con. Both romantic and fun, or action.

The New52 Superman suit looks so weird live (maybe, because I imagined it of a different material).

SuperWonder Superfriends Cosplayers!

“Diana and Kal-El...💥💫Super Friends!!! ♥️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KFOiaBgL6/

“That friend who despite what others say even dreams of you when you're bad 😂 You have your flaws but I like you for who you are!
    @jonassda”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2DZI4hFDBI/

“As #Superman with #Wonderwoman at a @heroicutah event at @hawthornacademy!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2aVPFPhfbC/

Awww. This is great!

This is what I mean! They actually take the time to do these. We see this with SMWW all the time! And they doing new 52, not Rebirth, when Rebirth is in full swing is telling! Even the DCEU it is SMWW together with cosplayers. We have seen classic, bombshells, Injustice, new 52, DCEU, SteamPunk, Futuristic SMWW, Victorian and so much more cosplay.

DC is so disconnected to what the fans on the outside buy and are excited by.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Awww. This is great!

This is what I mean! They actually take the time to do these. We see this with SMWW all the time! And they doing new 52, not Rebirth, when Rebirth is in full swing is telling! Even the DCEU it is SMWW together with cosplayers. We have seen classic, bombshells, Injustice, new 52, DCEU, SteamPunk, Futuristic SMWW, Victorian and so much more cosplay.

They took so many pics at Dragon Con. Even redoing some (romantic) scenes from the New52 and fan-art too. I'm not sure if they finished posting their pics but we'll see them again across the week. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    They seems to have fun in what they are doing..... this is the spirit of SMWW... not a grumpy couple but a young spirit couple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ha, funny. They took hundreds of photos at the con. Both romantic and fun, or action.

The New52 Superman suit looks so weird live (maybe, because I imagined it of a different material).
    Awww. This is great!

Yep yep!! There are so many more pics from the photographers and definitely they had doing this especially with re-enacting comic images. Cosplayers really put time and effort. Really show their dedication to the characters and represent them in such a heartwarming way. This is what we mean about resonating and connecting. Some cosplayers are very consistent to just one character or it is their main character like many of our familiar couples.

You are absolutely right Hellacre, doesn’t matter the status quo or verse, SMWW is one of if not the top choice for paired cosplayers.

Still more sets on the way... 😉

Fans started disappearing the more Rebirth was progressing. I know some just moved in other boards like the Marvel one.

This is true. I recall the many posters during the new 52 who used to post here. They have left. I miss a lot of them. I also met many new fans online too who were female and came from Marvel or just came on board because they were interested in the story of SMWW together. These people actually use to go to comic shops every month and buy their comics. They would post pics of themselves with their books and do reviews. They have left now and gone on to MCU or the Star Wars verse or other Independents. The new 52 did expand DC's demo while keeping fans who use to read preflashpoint and who welcomed the change with the new 52 but DC did nothing to retain them. So DC lost older fans and new fans without considering in any way how to cater to them. DC can label a fan as "casual" as if that is something cursory...but in fact every fan is a potential buyer. And sadly outside Millerverse DC has done very little to interest the fans who like the modern feel of the new 52 verse and smww romance. I have seen titles that DC give chances and sure enough they end up ending prematurely or as minis etc and I scratch my head big time. I don't know why Scooby Doo and Thundercats and Looney Tunes and all those DCU titles that sink into the teens and just get cancelled get the greenlight when something with SMWW as a pairing can't. Given SMWW sold better than many DC books that did not rely on renumbering or incentives of returnablility and double shipping. Even at its worst, with a writer that did not seem as if he cared for them, and crossovers that sidelined Diana and did an arc of saying they would break up they still did not sell as low as many books published now. So the smww concept is viable imo for a title ( maybe like an earth 2 given DC want traditional for canon) because the fans are still there.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-19-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Toilet Signs (I'm sure that everybody missed that I posted those, lol):

"Not all heroes wear capes, but they all need to go to the toilet! The funny signage in the museum was made by Pieter de Poortere, author of @dickiecomics."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1nwluYI0o7/

"Wonder Women and Superman in the same toilet? This might be interesting!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzcdjwSISsU/

"Bathroom signs done and installed for Hatfield motor group."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz2mYuZllAW/

This is true. I recall the many posters during the new 52 who used to post here. They have left. I miss a lot of them. I also met many new fans online too who were female and came from Marvel or just came on board because they were interested in the story of SMWW together. These people actually use to go to comic shops every month and buy their comics. They would post pics of themselves with their books and do reviews. They have left now and gone on to MCU or the Star Wars verse or other Independents. The new 52 did expand DC's demo while keeping fans who use to read preflashpoint and who welcomed the change with the new 52 but DC did nothing to retain them. So DC lost older fans and new fans without considering in any way how to cater to them. DC can label a fan as "casual" as if that is something cursory...but in fact every fan is a potential buyer.
    The New52 was an easy entry point for new readers. Wish DC handled it better.

And sadly outside Millerverse DC has done very little to interest the fans who like the modern feel of the new 52 verse and smww romance. I have seen titles that DC give chances and sure enough they end up ending prematurely or as minis etc and I scratch my head big time. I don't know why Scooby Doo and Thundercats and Looney Tunes and all those DCU titles that sink into the teens and just get cancelled get the greenlight when something with SMWW as a pairing can't. Given SMWW sold better than many DC books that did not rely on renumbering or incentives of returnablility and double shipping. Even at its worst, with a writer that did not seem as if he cared for them, and crossovers that sidelined Diana and did an arc of saying they would break up they still did not sell as low as many books published now. So the smww concept is viable imo for a title ( maybe like an earth 2 given DC want traditional for canon) because the fans are still there.
    Sales doesn't matter when there are BTS creative decisions in play. Internally, the SM/WW series and romance was over before we actually realized what was going on and sales were at its highest.

Look at the recent Super-Sons series too... DC moved the universe to get it out there, and in less than a year they were ready to cancel it and move into another direction.

Love it so much.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The New52 was an easy entry point for new readers. Wish DC handled it better.

Sales doesn't matter when there are BTS creative decisions in play. Internally, the SM/WW series and romance was over before we actually realized what was going on and sales were at its highest.

Look at the recent Super-Sons series too... DC moved the universe to get it out there, and in less than a year they were ready to cancel it and move into another direction.
    I don't even understand what drives DC's decision because for me seems very odd way to do business given that they chop and change and retcon in the most bizarre way that really affects their story telling but can't we have one title devoted to exploring smww? That is all we ask for. And we don't care for canon. Just use the multiverse. Given that DC is publishing books that sell below 10k, and even doing repetitive stuff in minis etc this is not much to ask for.

I don't even understand what drives DC's decision because for me seems very odd way to do business given that they chop and change and retcon in the most bizarre way that really affects their story telling but can't we have one title devoted to exploring smww? That is all we ask for. And we don't care for canon. Just use the multiverse. Given that DC is publishing books that sell below 10k, and even doing repetitive stuff in minis etc this is not much to ask for.
    Just look at DC's latest announcement to get an idea of what drives their decisions: https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...ck-Label-Title

It's either corporate synergy and/or try new ideas that could be adapted elsewhere.

Just look at DC's latest announcement to get an idea of what drives their decisions: https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...ck-Label-Title

It's either corporate synergy and/or try new ideas that could be adapted elsewhere.
    I think DC needs to realize that comics eventually become collected trades or gns. And when you crap on stories like they did the new 52, you are actually hurting your own brand. Because you will get stories that are convoluted and make little sense if you are trying to catch up as a new reader. Good story telling should have a concrete beginning, middle and end. They should also matter and after you got new 52 fans to spend money, telling them what they bought was lies frankly is not a way to endear customers to you.

eg Kingdom Come as a story is self contained. I have that as a good story forever. No one is coming to tell me it does not matter. Same as many arcs from preflashpoint or standalones. Whether the verse changed or got altered or there was a reboot...they happened and mattered. You still have that satisfaction that it still played out and if hypertime or the multiverse exists then it gives the reader immersed in that world...well I did not waste my time investing in this. But to come and tell SMWW fans what they invested in was down right lies and illusions after 5 years, I do not think any good novelist or screen play writer would treat an audience that way.

DC would change certain elements as in the one you shared above but they would not come tell the buyers well that never happened. They are, in fact, doing everything to tell them...okay even if we don't want to pursue this now, it still happened. It mattered because you bought it. The events in this verse whether sped up or jumping the shark...we still know you value it.

It was not much to ask for the new 52 verse with those versions of our couple to be part of the wider multiverse. Even if we never see them again, we at least know they were and are out there.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-19-2019 at 10:58 AM.