Page 319 of 410 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More recent examples of SM/WW being chosen to represent people's own relationship:

"Keion and Melissa - two superheroes destined to... share their love for eternity!!! 😬 One of the most unique ideas ever pitched to us by a client and they absolutely loved it! #superheroweddinginvitations"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1H7IWah5WN/

"I spent close to 3 days working on this photomosaic for my wedding this Saturday. As you can guess our theme is Superman & Wonder Woman. Here's to hoping @simplyneryluz likes it. 🤞🏼"

https://twitter.com/Cuban_Superman/s...40063858675712

"You'll always be my Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1IfElWlTuf/

Talking about babies

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    More recent examples of SM/WW being chosen to represent people's own relationship:

"Keion and Melissa - two superheroes destined to... share their love for eternity!!! �� One of the most unique ideas ever pitched to us by a client and they absolutely loved it! #superheroweddinginvitations"

"I spent close to 3 days working on this photomosaic for my wedding this Saturday. As you can guess our theme is Superman & Wonder Woman. Here's to hoping @simplyneryluz likes it. ����"

That collage of the Kiss with the couple's pics!! Oh my goodness. Beautiful. Truly inspiring.

Couples portrayed as SM/WW:

"Alex, I love you ❤️ #04.08 #mysuperman #togetherforever #loveintheair #mindbodysoul #SupermanWonderWomam #DCcomics"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0urhl4p9OS/

"Embrace your inner superhero! #superman #wonderwoman #attackingcancer"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B08zK7nAFcg/

"Just had our pictures taken at the beach!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0TzjG3nT8y/

SM/WW toys photography - Rebirth edition (Superboy looks good in the middle like he was their son 😅 ):

"The Supers and the Wonder."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B04RMeSAtMe/
    LOL 😅 why does it seem like the photographer did that on purpose?

"My daughter took possession of some of the toys in the "superhero room", as we call it."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jntUQiA6e/
    What makes this even more adorable is that the daughter’s name is Diana and it’s written on the bottom of SM and WW’s boot. Superman belongs to Diana 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Well Jon is black haired and blue eyed and has grown up it seems to look EXACTLY like his dad. If DC wanted should have him shorter and different look and maybe brown hair?? What is Lois real hair color? I really don't know because she at times looks like a black haired white woman with ...I think purple eyes these days...so it is what it is. They made him to be more like father and nothing much of his mom. It's even more evident in the look he has for Legion. His uniform as well isn't all that unique and colors very much the smww tones which is why he could pass for Diana's as well to the people who don't know.
    I saw people thinking he is SM/WW son. No kidding. 😂
    I guess that Rebirth was mostly confusing for casual readers or they just stuck with the relationship that made the news recently: SM/WW. 🤔
    Confusing for legit comic fans much less them. And hey this is what toys are for anyway. To play out yr wishes. So if they think he is theirs ...lol...irony.

I am hoping OUR Jonathan wear something more inline with mom and dad like Hunter. I am hoping we see Amazonian and Kryptonian heritage and with Grampa's melding of their logos fingers crossed, we will.
    Hunter looked exactly like Clark and having him with the cape didn’t make it any better with their yet again bait and switch. 😅 Even “Wonderstar” was thought to be their kid. And that’s why I totally agree with Hellacre with having SMWW kid with the melding logos and although the son or daughter should be drawn to look like SMWW, there should be something different and stand out to make them unique not just another super/wonder boy/girl.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL 😅 why does it seem like the photographer did that on purpose?
    Maybe he just thought they all look good posing together this way.

What makes this even more adorable is that the daughter’s name is Diana and it’s written on the bottom of SM and WW’s boot. Superman belongs to Diana 🤗
    Ah, nice spin. 😏

Hunter looked exactly like Clark and having him with the cape didn’t make it any better with their yet again bait and switch. 😅 Even “Wonderstar” was thought to be their kid. And that’s why I totally agree with Hellacre with having SMWW kid with the melding logos and although the son or daughter should be drawn to look like SMWW, there should be something different and stand out to make them unique not just another super/wonder boy/girl.
    For me, Hunter will always be SM/WW son from the future in a perfect world where Reborn and Superdad didn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

Hunter looked exactly like Clark and having him with the cape didn’t make it any better with their yet again bait and switch. �� Even “Wonderstar” was thought to be their kid. And that’s why I totally agree with Hellacre with having SMWW kid with the melding logos and although the son or daughter should be drawn to look like SMWW, there should be something different and stand out to make them unique not just another super/wonder boy/girl.
    I hope when they do create our Jonathan's abilities it makes sense. Unlike Hunter who does not make one iota of sense because once again DC does the jumping the shark nonsense. Apart from Diana being flat out raped by the Darkness...Hunter comes out unscathed by it. The Darkness is his biological father, an infection and a mass of pure negativity that destroyed a world. Bryan Hitch and editorial lose major points for that and the good design of Hunter I credit to Pasarin. To thinking rape is acceptable, making her commit suicide then say she deserted him was prob the worse thing you could do to Diana next to sending her insane and putting her in an asylum. But DC loves her don't they?

Also the Darkness not manifesting itself in the kid in any way is absurd. Goes to show you not one of them thought out the origin and abilities of the kid. How he even has flight is ridiculous given Diana of Rebirth was not born with it. And when Hitch was asked, he utters not a word. One day if someone with some love for Diana is out there, they might retcon Hunter. Give him a better back story with some respect for his mother.

SM/WW themed works on wood:

"I love wedding themes like this one! "Super Heroes" Created this 12 x 12 book in walnut for an upcoming west coast wedding."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0SDA7_p6mR/

"Finished these a while ago. I love the metallic distressed look (which I didn’t capture very well in these pictures). #woodart"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1MK3Z2nET0/

"My favourite table. I’m glad I kept it!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0sdHY2p8zE/

For me, Hunter will always be SM/WW son from the future in a perfect world where Reborn and Superdad didn't happened.
    Amen. We know exactly what happened to Hunter and why his origin was massacred. Given the recent sales and what being said about the trouble DC is in I wonder was it worth it crapping on new 52 Diana and Clark and Hunter?

I really hate them making Clark a naive , stupid, blinkered loser type just to fit into a back dated role. It is 2019. Not the 70ties. The dude should be sharp and understand and himself be fighting injustice, not just standing by because he does not want to upset his comfy life. I have no idea why this guy is even a reporter. I really don't.

Well I don't know how they can say it had no impact and yet DC keep putting out SMWW stuff for the general public.

BTW Walmart has got the Anthology too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superman-...QWao1bebAR7K7A
    Wow!!! Only 5 left!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Wow!!! Only 5 left!!!
    Not only that girl...major book sellers are selling it.

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, PenguinRandom House, ...in the UK : Forbidden Planet and WaterStones, WHSMith, Angus Robinson Australia...and more!

I am legit shocked the amt of places that is selling it.

"Keion and Melissa - two superheroes destined to... share their love for eternity!!! 😬 One of the most unique ideas ever pitched to us by a client and they absolutely loved it! #superheroweddinginvitations"

"I spent close to 3 days working on this photomosaic for my wedding this Saturday. As you can guess our theme is Superman & Wonder Woman. Here's to hoping @simplyneryluz likes it. 🤞🏼"

Wow!!! This is all so beautiful! The amount of love these couple show through SMWW and how they connect and resonate with them this is always what matters the most. ♥️

It's ok.
    (Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, lol 😉 )
    Yay!

Sad to ear. 😢 I guess we'll see you again more frequetly during the Christmas holidays.
    Ugh! More than likely. But before the mad dash starts, I'll be enjoying my moments of respite.

It's not just WB/DC, even fanfic writers want to test SM/WW fans' patience. 😅
    Ha! Sigh.
    Being an SMWW fan requires having great reserves of patience it appears.

Maybe he just thought they all look good posing together this way.
    Either way... still the irony 🤣

Ah, nice spin. 😏
    Hehe right! 🤗

I hope when they do create our Jonathan's abilities it makes sense. Unlike Hunter who does not make one iota of sense because once again DC does the jumping the shark nonsense. Apart from Diana being flat out raped by the Darkness...Hunter comes out unscathed by it. The Darkness is his biological father, an infection and a mass of pure negativity that destroyed a world. Bryan Hitch and editorial lose major points for that and the good design of Hunter I credit to Pasarin. To thinking rape is acceptable, making her commit suicide then say she deserted him was prob the worse thing you could do to Diana next to sending her insane and putting her in an asylum. But DC loves her don't they?

Also the Darkness not manifesting itself in the kid in any way is absurd. Goes to show you not one of them thought out the origin and abilities of the kid. How he even has flight is ridiculous given Diana of Rebirth was not born with it. And when Hitch was asked, he utters not a word. One day if someone with some love for Diana is out there, they might retcon Hunter. Give him a better back story with some respect for his mother.
    Amen. We know exactly what happened to Hunter and why his origin was massacred. Given the recent sales and what being said about the trouble DC is in I wonder was it worth it crapping on new 52 Diana and Clark and Hunter?
    Well first, the story had massive edits. It was plot-hole galore and just didn’t make any sense. Second, if we are to go with who this Diana is, rebirth version getting her powers from the Gods, technically the ability to fly is not exactly genetic for her as it is for Clark. Hunter could fly and as Hellacre pointed out if the “Darkness” thing was the biological dad, Hunter didn’t have a hint of any Darkness except for resentment for his mother. The OOC characterization of (rebirth) Superman as well not taking up for Diana because propping up the status quo as well as contrived drama was unnecessary. Also, these versions of Superman and Wonder Woman aren’t as close as friends...or friends period so why didn’t Diana leave the boy with people she actually is close to, especially Steve or Etta? And the ending was also odd because of the supposed happy I hope to see you soon or again and how close these versions of Superman and Wonder Woman as if they were proud parents?

When the story was first solicited, there was a lot of hype for months about hunter but then finding out this whatever it was suppose to be was just a huge disappointment on top of the disgusting and awful implication of what happened to Diana and using Hippolyta as a villain as well was just too much stupid.

Hunter was a waste yet again of good potential even being from an alternate timeline or world.

To answer your question Hellacre, from the state of things now, no, none of the disrespect has been worth it.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-17-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Well said! You know SMWW was ahead of its time. It also encompasses the global changes that has happened to the world in the last decades. We are a more mixed world, and yet we are no more tolerant of others ( who are the same species by the way) because of their race, religion, orientation. You and I can be born in a place but then be told we are outsiders. Many of us can look the same but still be told we are not equal. Many smww fans are cosmopolitan, as we have PROVEN over and over on this thread...all different backgrounds... and many foreigners and they can relate to the outsider aspect. You can feel like an outsider even in your own family, school, town, city, state, country etc. Anyone can get bullied too and anyone can be an inspiration. No matter where you are from. This is why SMWW appeals across various racial, religious, orientation, age groups etc. I have seen gay SMWW couples, Black ones, Indian ones, north Asian, south Asian, American, European, Mediterranean, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Latin ones and I can go on...I have rarely seen that for other traditional couples. So anyone trying to degrade our pairing, who are the best examples in DC for kindness, compassion and the more positive aspects we all aspire to, to try to suggest they will turn evil base on their race, species, dna are talking nonsense.

It unfortunately is the way certain groups speak these days when they feel threatened or want to simply want to find a scape goat. And Diana's heritage is always attacked. It is funny detractors cannot make up their minds. One minute she is too much an outsider for Clark. The other she is supposedly some Nazi in the making if she pairs up with him and will make him into a fascist. Or one minute she and Clark are too perfect looking so they should not be together. But ironically the people the humans they want to pair them with are hardly minorities suffering from xenophobia or racism etc, some represent privilege, and most look very much like models too. I do not know of any actor or actress cast as ugly in the hero genre. No one whines about Barda/Scott genetics or Mera/Arthur's looks or Batcat's coloring or Ollie/Dinah good looks etc. What has always mattered about with Clark and Diana has been their personalities and outlooks and the way they treat others. And this need to undermine them as individuals that they cannot be who they are unless they dating one person to protect a status quo is one of the worse troupes that I ever came across. It does not humanize them. It makes them weak willed people with powers with shaky a moral core. Not heroes. We have plenty people...humans with wealth and privilege and power who have shown they can be destroyers of humanity. So where you come from or what you look like does not always mean you gonna be good or evil. It boils down to how you live as well as your choices. Because yr mom and dad and yr home town does not define you either as you grow or change over time. Some of the greatest humanitarians heed the call to go to minster to people who are not even their own race or religion. It's what it in your heart and your mind. And to test a man or woman's real mettle and will and heart, take away everything from them and see what they do. They might fall because it is natural to stumble and this is what unites us as beings...we are all flawed and make mistakes...but a strong person eventually will pick themselves up and wipe off the mud and grow and become better for it. I don't expect SMWW to be perfect and not make errors but I don't expect them to grow evil because they can't bang one civilian.

eg Notice no matter where DC put Batman or do with him...they can drag him through crap ...he comes out smelling of roses. Because they respect him, admire him and KNOW he will always be there for them, even at the cost of his own happiness. And if anyone loves him they get it. Same should be for SM and WW.
    All of this. But especially the bolded parts as well as the underlined ones. When I think of the things we have to point out and counterpoint in 2019, it's crazy to me. How are we supposedly more "open-minded" these days yet problematic narratives that were subverted decades prior are presently pushed? Rather than progressing, there's regression. Why?

I feel that some of the better SMWW stories, whether it be them individually or together, are written by those who truly understand the outsider perspective and also get the importance of finding that balance of being an outsider while adapting to ones environment and at the same time finding a somewhat happy medium with ones-self. And that's a continuous process. It also has to be understood the importance of having someone who gets it - who you can relate to and speak freely and openly with, because that other person is able to empathize. To have a sounding board in someone who can actually share a legitimate perspective from experience. Someone you can be safe in the knowledge won't see you any less than if you expressed a fear or doubt because it is something they understand all too well and grapple with also.