THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Wonder Comics' Wonder Twins liked to Superman

https://www.newsarama.com/43830-wond...-problems.html

Nrama: In the first issue, Superman is pretty involved in why and how they came to Earth, and as you mentioned, they’re interns at the Hall of Justice. How much do Zan and Jayna interact with the other Justice League characters?

Russell: The other superheroes seem to kind of feel like Zan and Jayna are underfoot. They don’t really want them getting in the way of their important work.

Superman sees them more as, like, kids. He’s like their foster dad, because he’s the one that brought them to Earth from their home planet of Exxor.

So his dynamic with the Wonder Twins is a lot different. It’s a lot more fatherly. It’s a lot more compassionate than maybe the other superheroes who don’t understand what they’re doing there and just don’t want them interfering with their work as they save the world.

Nrama: What kind of villains are they going to come up against?

Russell: They deal with the sort of minor league villains, because Superman doesn’t want to start them off dealing with really dangerous Legion of Doom-type supervillains.

So he starts them off against the sort of, really, more of the D-league.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-08-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Sounds good but I don't see the Justice League being as aloof with them as he said.

Superman mentoring the Wonder Twins always appealed to me for some reason.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My comics-buying schedule has been erratic lately, so I don't know if Wonder Twins is out yet, but I like the sound of this. Russell's already shown he can write Superman, and I liked the preview for this, so I'm looking forward to how his part is handled.

Mainly just here to ask Superlad to clear some inbox space.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The Superman connections in Wonder Comics so far are really cool. Dial H's main character being a huge fan, Naomi finding parallels between him and herself (plus being a fan), and now the Wonder Twins having him as a sort of foster father. Just super cool all around.

Also I cleared up some space.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

This is perfect! I love how Superman's impact is really being shown outside of his own books.

Shouldn't Wonder Woman be connected to the Wonder Twins in Wonder Comic?

No. Outside of the similar name there's nothing inherently connecting them. They could've been, nothing outright preventing it, but likewise nothing demanding they should've been.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I just think its a missed opportunity to give them a connection to the Wonder name, if they're being connected to Superman might as well call them the Super Twins, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

So the connection is that Superman knows the twins' father.

And there is the phantom zone connection as well, which is something I thought was just a Superman/Kryptonian thing. Do other worlds/cultures have access and knowledge of the phantom zone? If not, how did the Exxorians know about the phantom zone?