Page 303 of 410 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 6144

The amazing Superwonder fan, Brad shared his experience at Washington State Summer Con meeting Alex Sinclair, Scott Williams, and Jim Lee!

“I had THE ABSOLUTE pleasure of meeting my favorite colorist Alex Sinclair @sinccolor at @wasummercon. As a professional, he is arguably one of the most renown colorist in comic book history making himself a legend. Also having worked alongside legends @jimlee and @scottwilliamsinks. As a person, his kind and generous demeanor is palpable staring at his "hello". It took me a while to post this because I just didn't know where to start praising this gentleman. He is very amicable and his family was at his side supporting him as they have done in the past. It was heartwarming seeing them together. Especially considering that it was Father's Day during the event. We spoke how wonderful fellow superman fan @theaspiringkryptonian is. He was so generous to provide me with his time to chat before, during and after he signed several items from my collection. I will cherished them now and forever even more. He also has a great sense of style with his Superman cap; which could also serve as a Sinclair's own (s)ymbol of hope💙💛❤

“Last, but certainly not the least, here I'd like to share my experience with the one and only Jim Lee. He is one of my top most favorite artists. He has worked along both @scottwilliamsinks and @sinccolor for several years on countless @dccomics projects So it made perfect sense for Washington State Summer Con to bring all three of them together as guests; which honestly made me feel like in geek Nirvana. Jim was also open and down to Earth. One could easily see why this trinity (Alex, Scott and Lee) work together SO WELL. I was lucky to get my Jim Lee Edition @originalfunko pop along with other geeky goodies that I had to handpick since I could not bring them all”

https://instagram.com/bradmos28?igshid=avtuhoju46ai

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ed Benes just shared the final result of his latest SM/WW piece:

"Wonder Woman, Superman and Rain"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QvPLagZO4/

Also, another new beautiful SM/WW piece by Italian artist Max Moda:

"SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q7BBFiOCL/

B&W version:

"Pencil art in progress #superman #wonderwoman #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PLrEnid1I/
    OH WOW!!!

Someone, anyone, please color this Benes piece! It is gorgeous.

The Max Moda one is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The amazing Superwonder fan, Brad shared his experience at Washington State Summer Con meeting Alex Sinclair, Scott Williams, and Jim Lee!

“I had THE ABSOLUTE pleasure of meeting my favorite colorist Alex Sinclair @sinccolor at @wasummercon. As a professional, he is arguably one of the most renown colorist in comic book history making himself a legend. Also having worked alongside legends @jimlee and @scottwilliamsinks. As a person, his kind and generous demeanor is palpable staring at his "hello". It took me a while to post this because I just didn't know where to start praising this gentleman. He is very amicable and his family was at his side supporting him as they have done in the past. It was heartwarming seeing them together. Especially considering that it was Father's Day during the event. We spoke how wonderful fellow superman fan @theaspiringkryptonian is. He was so generous to provide me with his time to chat before, during and after he signed several items from my collection. I will cherished them now and forever even more. He also has a great sense of style with his Superman cap; which could also serve as a Sinclair's own (s)ymbol of hope����❤

“Last, but certainly not the least, here I'd like to share my experience with the one and only Jim Lee. He is one of my top most favorite artists. He has worked along both @scottwilliamsinks and @sinccolor for several years on countless @dccomics projects So it made perfect sense for Washington State Summer Con to bring all three of them together as guests; which honestly made me feel like in geek Nirvana. Jim was also open and down to Earth. One could easily see why this trinity (Alex, Scott and Lee) work together SO WELL. I was lucky to get my Jim Lee Edition @originalfunko pop along with other geeky goodies that I had to handpick since I could not bring them all”

https://instagram.com/bradmos28?igshid=avtuhoju46ai
    I wonder what some of these DC creators think when they meet super fans like Brad who love the new 52 (as well as preflashpoint stuff ) and see all the cosplayers con after con...all who are not only good fans of DC but who BUY products including SMWW merch and comics.

I feel Jim has always been a supporter and not acted like new 52 was some aberration like some others. When he can, he gives new 52 its props, sticking to his guns that it was the right call at the time, and that it sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    How cute are those face boards!

Speaking of cute, I came across what appears to be an old gif from when DC openly acknowledged and showed the connection and care between Superman and Wonder Woman.

Where is Superman's focus and concern? Keeping in mind that this is a woman who can more than handle herself.

He's completely unconcerned about the human mortal that was also standing beside him and was closer to the danger...😏

I can almost imagine Diana getting on him for not checking on their other teammates and making sure they were okay being that she can look out for herself.

This clip reminds me of the scene from Our Worlds at War that Hellacre mentioned, regarding how Clark reacted when Diana got injured. Here it is that Diana is an actual powerful formidable woman, who can hold her own anywhere. But all of that becomes a moot point to Superman due to the depth of his feelings and level of care for Wonder Woman when she gets hurt, because ultimately all that matters to him is making sure that she is alright. I guess it should be unsurprising being that this was the woman he told point blank he would turn back time for if she were to die because he would miss her that much. So no way was he going to be around and she gets mortally wounded. And what makes this special is that Diana would do the same if the role were reserved. We've seen her proctective of him with or without his powers. Their type of connection cannot be easily duplicated. It pulls at the heart string. It is that vulnerability they share where each other is concerned even though they are literally two of the most powerful beings in the world that gets you.
    Yes, Diana always has reciprocated. Them being protective of each other is a trademark of their relationship. They can easily watch each other go off to battle knowing they have to do their jobs and they never guilt each other, or whine for the other to not go. It is what they do. But should something happen, they are there for the other. If they are in battle together, they watch out for each other. She's always been tactile with him too if I recollect from the art, more than with any other member. I don't know again if that is an artistic choice or the writer saying to have it so. But Diana has always been shown touching his shoulder, his cheek, his spit curl, as a way of connecting and comforting or supporting him.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ads for SM/WW themed family t-shirts:

"Fashion for the whole Family 😍😍😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HfQZ2Bynl/

"Family Kit... ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Qy_J2BiIt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0gHmPBLt-/

Unseasoned and undercooked indeed.

Regarding pushing boundaries, I am not a fan of pushing boundaries just for the sake of it in order to get a cheap reaction. There has to be a purpose behind it. It has to have meaning and benefit to it.

The bolded is especially humorous to me, because I am aware that there were some who were making such claims regarding a certain piece of work, and were claiming that others who had issue with it did so because they weren’t smart enough to grasp the content. Apparently the audience at large were just too “dumb” (yeah right), to appreciate the true work of art and all the hidden meaning/imagery that were just too lofty for the rest of the simple folks to graps onto that only these enlightened few were able to appreciate it, which is why years later images were still being released to explain it….😶

High IQ is certainly not equivalent to depth or substance, and most certainly not in regards to empathy as there are many criminally insane and psychopathic individuals with high IQs. What is important in society and in human relationships/interactions is our ability to be able to empathize and connect to the people and things around us. That also translates into the things we spend our time on (i.e activities we engage in such as watching, reading, doing..etc) and how we relate to others.

A person can dress something up with lofty ideals and sayings and try to pass it off as “deep.” That doesn’t automatically make it so. You will know the depth of something when you start peeling back the layers to explore it more. Does it fall apart or does it hold up?
    Hehe!

What I mean with pushing boundaries is the complexes challenges that should be put forth either individually or as a couple. And exactly, it should make sense. What we get now more often is the whole conflict for the sake of conflict or overhyped supposed controversial empty drama for exposure/attention. This is why there’s barely any interest in the current stuff.

Superficial fluff, overblown smoke of “drama” and self hype doesn’t work on the wider audience. The high stakes should be felt. The story is suppose to be unpredictable. We not talking doom and gloom. A balance of that suspense and lightheartness Superman and Wonder Woman have.

Speaking of cute, I came across what appears to be an old gif from when DC openly acknowledged and showed the connection and care between Superman and Wonder Woman.

Where is Superman's focus and concern? Keeping in mind that this is a woman who can more than handle herself.

He's completely unconcerned about the human mortal that was also standing beside him and was closer to the danger...😏

I can almost imagine Diana getting on him for not checking on their other teammates and making sure they were okay being that she can look out for herself.

This clip reminds me of the scene from Our Worlds at War that Hellacre mentioned, regarding how Clark reacted when Diana got injured. Here it is that Diana is an actual powerful formidable woman, who can hold her own anywhere. But all of that becomes a moot point to Superman due to the depth of his feelings and level of care for Wonder Woman when she gets hurt, because ultimately all that matters to him is making sure that she is alright. I guess it should be unsurprising being that this was the woman he told point blank he would turn back time for if she were to die because he would miss her that much. So no way was he going to be around and she gets mortally wounded. And what makes this special is that Diana would do the same if the role were reserved. We've seen her proctective of him with or without his powers. Their type of connection cannot be easily duplicated. It pulls at the heart string. It is that vulnerability they share where each other is concerned even though they are literally two of the most powerful beings in the world that gets you.
    There are so many small moments that can be easily missed but glad they are being found!

Kal and Diana are partners on the battlefield, totally in sync without even having to say. They do protect and watch each other but remain focus giving a lot of feels. 🤗

Bold: Right right! Many may try to duplicate but it just won’t be the same. It will be very empty.

Kal and Diana are powerful beings, two free spirited birds but very much “down to earth”. They go through the same, feel the same as we do in reality but on an extraordinary level. That’s it. But what makes it relatable is letting them actually go through it all, not make it into some ultra fairytale fantasy, easy way out of conflict, or no conflict at all.

Btw, on the topic of small moments, saw this a while ago. Not only do I want to know the book the panel is from but the back story of the picture in the frame itself🤣

Last edited by LoveStar; 07-24-2019 at 08:53 AM.

He is looking for excuses to hold/hug her. 😏
    He can't help himself. 😉
    For the most part he is able to keep himself from acting on how he feels. But during those moments when pure instinct kicks in the guards are down like in this clip.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yes, Diana always has reciprocated. Them being protective of each other is a trademark of their relationship. They can easily watch each other go off to battle knowing they have to do their jobs and they never guilt each other, or whine for the other to not go. It is what they do. But should something happen, they are there for the other. If they are in battle together, they watch out for each other. She's always been tactile with him too if I recollect from the art, more than with any other member. I don't know again if that is an artistic choice or the writer saying to have it so. But Diana has always been shown touching his shoulder, his cheek, his spit curl, as a way of connecting and comforting or supporting him.

The bolded parts especially. So true.

I miss those gentle tender touches of theirs.

Hehe!

What I mean with pushing boundaries is the complexes challenges that should be put forth either individually or as a couple. And exactly, it should make sense. What we get now more often is the whole conflict for the sake of conflict or overhyped supposed controversial empty drama for exposure/attention. This is why thereÂ’s barely any interest in the current stuff.

Superficial fluff, overblown smoke of “drama” and self hype doesn’t work on the wider audience. The high stakes should be felt. The story is suppose to be unpredictable. We not talking doom and gloom. A balance of that suspense and lightheartness Superman and Wonder Woman have.
    Agreed.

There are so many small moments that can be easily missed but glad they are being found!

Kal and Diana are partners on the battlefield, totally in sync without even having to say. They do protect and watch each other but remain focus giving a lot of feels. 🤗

Bold: Right right! Many may try to duplicate but it just wonÂ’t be the same. It will be very empty.

Kal and Diana are powerful beings, two free spirited birds but very much “down to earth”. They go through the same, feel the same as we do in reality but on an extraordinary level. That’s it. But what makes it relatable is letting them actually go through it all, not make it into some ultra fairytale fantasy, easy way out of conflict, or no conflict at all.

Btw, on the topic of small moments, saw this a while ago. Not only do I want to know the book the panel is from but the back story of the picture in the gram itself🤣

They really do have many special little moments. I am also curious to know the panel this image is from, along with the story behind the image of Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Want to know what was happening there.

Ads for SM/WW themed family t-shirts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HfQZ2Bynl/

"Family Kit... ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Qy_J2BiIt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0gHmPBLt-/
    How cute are these!
    It's a family affair.

I wonder what some of these DC creators think when they meet super fans like Brad who love the new 52 (as well as preflashpoint stuff ) and see all the cosplayers con after con...all who are not only good fans of DC but who BUY products including SMWW merch and comics.

I feel Jim has always been a supporter and not acted like new 52 was some aberration like some others. When he can, he gives new 52 its props, sticking to his guns that it was the right call at the time, and that it sold well.
    I wonder the same. They probably try to don't think too much about it. 🙄 Btw, If it were me, I could've never get signed SM/WW stuff without asking specific questions. Several questions. 😏

Adorable Superwonder Babies!

From the official Wonder Woman IG story

“Today we learned that friends taste good and how to share!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PAoWuF...=19hud18p6aexk

“Nothing better than starting Tuesday with a family publication. After all family is the basis of everything. Congratulations to mom and dad for these beautiful children. God greatly bless this beautiful family.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QxTWTh...=1wqcj52cfjbzi
    Last edited by LoveStar; 07-24-2019 at 08:55 AM.

He can't help himself. 😉
    For the most part he is able to keep himself from acting on how he feels. But during those moments when pure instinct kicks in the guards are down like in this clip.
    Sounds like someone that need some help with girls. 😂

They really do have many special little moments. I am also curious to know the panel this image is from, along with the story behind the image of Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Want to know what was happening there.
    It's just a framed picture in an office. I don't recall the title of the comics but it's a miniseries from the early 90s about some obscure DC characters. Anyway, the only SM/WW element you can find in the book is that photo, you aren't really missing anything. You can still create your own headcanon about what was happening in the pic. 😏
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-24-2019 at 09:02 AM.

I wonder the same. They probably try to don't think too much about it. 🙄 Btw, If it were me, I could've never get signed SM/WW stuff without asking specific questions. Several questions. 😏
    It’s odd to try to ignore. I mean fans are showing what they are interested in on various levels. Shows an abundance amount of support and still want to act like it’s non exist

It's just a framed picture in an office. I don't recall the title of the comics but it's a miniseries from the early 90s about some obscure DC characters. Anyway, the only SM/WW element you can find in the book is that photo, you aren't really missing anything. You can still create your own headcanon about what was happening in the pic. 😏
    Really? Just a random framed pic?! 🤔 hmm... well yes indeed! We will create our own headcanon. 😏
    Still appreciate even this to exist though no matter how small and random

It’s odd to try to ignore. I mean fans are showing what they are interested in on various levels. Shows an abundance amount of support and still want to act like it’s non exist
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really? Just a random framed pic?! 🤔 hmm... well yes indeed! We will create our own headcanon. 😏
    Still appreciate even this to exist though no matter how small and random
    Found the title/issue of the comic from which the panel comes from: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/hero-...-5/4000-31504/

Sounds like someone that need some help with girls. 😂

Tee hee...but his charms more than make up for it...🙃

I have absolutely no qualms coming up with my own head canons. 😏
    It’s too bad I can’t translate them into stories though because the creative juice skipped me. 😩

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Found the title/issue of the comic from which the panel comes from: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/hero-...-5/4000-31504/
    Great detective work even though there is apparently nothing further related to SMWW to be gained from reading it. 😞

Tee hee...but his charms more than make up for it...🙃
    But his charm is worth nothing if he can't even talk to the girl he likes. 😅

I have absolutely no qualms coming up with my own head canons. 😏
    It’s too bad I can’t translate them into stories though because the creative juice skipped me. 😩
    You can still suggest your ideas to fan-fiction writers that write stories on request.

Great detective work even though there is apparently nothing further related to SMWW to be gained from reading it. 😞
    It was easy to find as I had posted it already months ago forgetting the actual title. 😅
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-25-2019 at 09:02 AM.