Page 280 of 410 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Couples portrayed as SM/WW:

"I loved the work, it was amazing, thank you really / I love you, my Superman ❤❤❤😍😍😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/By6JlYwBZlI/

"Celebrating 39 years of superhuman adventures, Superman proposes to Wonder Woman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJEmgOgCk5/

"Happy wedding! Special commission for a special day. #wedding #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzTbKokiBR6/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-04-2019 at 10:41 AM.

"#justiceleague #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bze52z1FuZQ/

"Theme: “MY SUPERHERO” There’s always a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally separates who you are from who you can be. Now lets put this in reality and show them what hero you wanna be...."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzciMwxBfg2/

"#wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEa5Syls6e/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-04-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Veronica Cale and Lex Luthor:

Circe and Brainiac:

Cheetah and Metallo:

https://www.instagram.com/ejmorges/
    This is very creative. I would love to see these team ups incorporated somehow, a Fanfic would probably do it better. It's intriguing how even SMWW's villains align.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

Kal and Diana are more “human” than humans. They aren’t defined by their powers, we don’t define them by their powers, it’s certain writers/fans who ironically define them by powers justifying setting limitations and contradictory backwards narratives that takes over the actual purpose of these characters.
    And that's literally the point of these two! They are 2 of the most powerful beings in the world, yet their compassion and empathy humanizes them far more than humans. They are more human than humans themselves. Why this gets forgotten or twisted is beyond me.

Superheroes were created to be aspirational. Had a strong moral center, were selfless and were truly heroic. So much of that is now lost in a push to darken them. It seems to be due to an inability by some to understand that yes, in real life people do go through hard times, experience tragedies that may bring you down for a bit, but the distinguishing quality is how a person responds in the face of adversity. It's the fine line between refusing to stay down and therefore building resilience or being drowned by the pressure. And resiliency is more than just building an extra layer of tough skin, it is the ability to still look for the light at the end of the tunnel in the midst of the storm, not losing hope because you recognize that once you lose hope you lose the will to push forward.

Many studies have shown that there is a significant link between optimistic and health. More optimistic people tend to be healthier than pessimistic people.

It is this optimistic quality that made SMWW such admirable characters. They've faced some of the most horrific and dehumanizing circumstances, yet, they still choose to see the best in people. They've been mocked and ridiculed, experienced loses and tragedies themselves yet they continue on not losing the qualities that made them aspirational, hopeful characters they were. Those are the qualities to promote, yet it gets subverted for something twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    We'll see. I'll certainly have to strike a balance.

Perhaps, it'll all depend on how the story develops.
    Go where the story takes you. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    This is the most beautiful cake with them as theme that I have ever seen.
    Definitely it's in the Top 3 along with these:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I know! It's such a tease. I hope it doesn't take another lengthy time for an update. 🤦🏾
    We'll get older before seeing the end of this story. 😜

LOL. I guess there's a thing for having SMWW children coming from the future to save their parents. 😁
    I'm just glad to have options around some shared themes with varying plots.
    At least the SM/WW fanfics seems to be consistent, eh? 😄

Happy 4th July my American friends!

@Celgress I enjoyed the start of yr story. I love Phillipus is raising him. Update soon!

Emorges art style is pretty awesome. Would look great in a SMWW comic written by Azzarello.

Agreed with SMWW foes. THEY have great potential to team up. There is way more synergy between their villains than SM and BM. It's tiring Joker or Ivy or some street level Batman foe screwing around with SM of all people. We have seen Circe and Luthor. Circe and Magog. Cale and Luthor are just waiting to be picked up yet again DC pretend they are blind and don't see it. I am so pissed DC undid Azzarello's Gods. After them I don't think I can take the generic boring versions we are being subjected to now. Firstborn, Strife, Apollo, Hades, Hephaestus, Hera...they were such good creations! Diana suffers from the lack of good antagonists. Rebirth she has dealt with no one worth even mentioning. The new 52 Doomsday and Superdoom as well gone too for that generic monster from the 90ties.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Emorges art style is pretty awesome. Would look great in a SMWW comic written by Azzarello.
    I love EJ Morges art style, it reminds me of Ariel Olivetti and Simon Bisley.

Agreed with SMWW foes. THEY have great potential to team up. There is way more synergy between their villains than SM and BM. It's tiring Joker or Ivy or some street level Batman foe screwing around with SM of all people. We have seen Circe and Luthor. Circe and Magog. Cale and Luthor are just waiting to be picked up yet again DC pretend they are blind and don't see it. I am so pissed DC undid Azzarello's Gods. After them I don't think I can take the generic boring versions we are being subjected to now. Firstborn, Strife, Apollo, Hades, Hephaestus, Hera...they were such good creations! Diana suffers from the lack of good antagonists. Rebirth she has dealt with no one worth even mentioning. The new 52 Doomsday and Superdoom as well gone too for that generic monster from the 90ties.
    Yeah, a Cale/Luthor alliance is so obvious that it makes you wonder why it hasn't happened yet. I imagine that they not only have a past of knowing each others (even romantically involved, why not?) but also a business rivalry. They can be connected in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post

And that's literally the point of these two! They are 2 of the most powerful beings in the world, yet their compassion and empathy humanizes them far more than humans. They are more human than humans themselves. Why this gets forgotten or twisted is beyond me.

Superheroes were created to be aspirational. Had a strong moral center, were selfless and were truly heroic. So much of that is now lost in a push to darken them. It seems to be due to an inability by some to understand that yes, in real life people do go through hard times, experience tragedies that may bring you down for a bit, but the distinguishing quality is how a person responds in the face of adversity. It's the fine line between refusing to stay down and therefore building resilience or being drowned by the pressure. And resiliency is more than just building an extra layer of tough skin, it is the ability to still look for the light at the end of the tunnel in the midst of the storm, not losing hope because you recognize that once you lose hope you lose the will to push forward.

Many studies have shown that there is a significant link between optimistic and health. More optimistic people tend to be healthier than pessimistic people.

It is this optimistic quality that made SMWW such admirable characters. They've faced some of the most horrific and dehumanizing circumstances, yet, they still choose to see the best in people. They've been mocked and ridiculed, experienced loses and tragedies themselves yet they continue on not losing the qualities that made them aspirational, hopeful characters they were. Those are the qualities to promote, yet it gets subverted for something twisted.
    Well said. You just got to look at the way they have undermined Superman on screen and even the comics by keeping the guy stagnant or chipping away at him so much he has lost what his creators were trying to say about him. The guy was a social champion, and stood up for those who could not help themselves. DC like to sing he is loved, he is the best, he is first hero...yet we lack anything to support that in recent times esp for the general public. NO tv or film has managed to do that the way we saw Cap was demonstrated to be the heart and conscience and leader of the MCU. It was shown why heroes would follow him very clearly and shown how selfless he was, not by killing him but testing him and showing he stays the course for the greater good no matter his personal losses etc. And it is clear Batman is loved more than Superman is in the real world given how much an event things are when it comes to celebrating him. DC keep harping on an old outdated story where they kill SM to show he is the best??? It is absurd to me DC keeps using these godawful troupes. WW too is in danger of losing all the development she had post crisis. She has devolved I think since rebirth. The power, compassion, wisdom, strong sense of identity and independence she has had is not solid anymore. These heroes can endure, they can learn, they can survive and be there for mankind no matter what. Shame many of the people who claim to love them don't seem to be able to show it.

Lego SM/WW pics:

"Super romance."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdKtOxn4a3/

"Wonder Woman gets tired of being the one in bondage."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzI2Qvghj4R/

"We had a great night at the @indyindians game! It's Superman & Wonder Woman night, so we had to dress the part!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BygG4YjDl4m/

I love EJ Morges art style, it reminds me of Ariel Olivetti and Simon Bisley.

Yeah, a Cale/Luthor alliance is so obvious that it makes you wonder why it hasn't happened yet. I imagine that they not only have a past of knowing each others (even romantically involved, why not?) but also a business rivalry. They can be connected in many ways.
    Oh hell yeah. I would be sure they would have met and even dated given their background. They wily and how cool to see them undermine and undercut each other while wanting to be King/Queen of the world!

Lego SM/WW pics:

"Super romance."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdKtOxn4a3/

"Wonder Woman gets tired of being the one in bondage."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzI2Qvghj4R/

"We had a great night at the @indyindians game! It's Superman & Wonder Woman night, so we had to dress the part!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BygG4YjDl4m/
    LMAO. Diana paddling SM is hilarious. That grin on Lego SM is everything. I like that facial expression the best.

Oh hell yeah. I would be sure they would have met and even dated given their background. They wily and how cool to see them undermine and undercut each other while wanting to be King/Queen of the world!
    Their common hate for SM/WW and what they represent is the only thing that stop Luthor/Cale from killing each other and bring them together as uneasy allies. 🤯 Their dynamic is writing itself.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-04-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Happen to be a big anime fan, and I've decided this is my SM/WW theme:

I like to picture it as the background music as to when Superman returns in SM/WW #12
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Their common hate for SM/WW and what they represent is the only thing that stop Luthor/Cale from killing each other and bring them together as uneasy allies. ��
    YEAHHH! And they will be willing to deal with criminal meta humans to do their dirty work to take SMWW down.

YEAHHH! And they will be willing to deal with criminal meta humans to do their dirty work to take SMWW down.
    Obviously the criminal metas are going to be the ones from both SM and WW mythos that EJ Morges paired up. 😏
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Happen to be a big anime fan, and I've decided this is my SM/WW theme:

I like to picture it as the background music as to when Superman returns in SM/WW #12
    Aww. That's sweet. The violins and flutes give such a romantic feel.