Page 12 of 410 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    In honor of Aquaman. SMWW . by meejay7

This is beautiful! Potential Elseworlds concept! I miss meejay’s art!

The time Clark and Diana double dated with Mera and Arthur. It is canon in most of the new 52 Mera and Diana are close and get on well. And Arthur understood the loss Diana felt after Clark died.

I wish we got more of this. Kal/Diana and Arthur/Mera are somewhat similar in pair. A team up would be epic!! This is something definitely worth exploring on a grand scale even bringing in some of the Gods.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-05-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Henry is doing Witcher right now but he recently posted a pic of him with huge biceps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsQmOcvF-bR/

I thought of KC Superman at once. Look at the guns on Kal and look at the guns on Henry. WB could keep Henry, have him guest star in other DC movies and stuff and then use him for KC in a few years. I won't mind. cough cough

OMG! This is so magnificent.

Jack is amazing with KC work. Like his KC SMWW. This could be Kal touching down on Smallville after this talk with Diana at the FOS. It is after this talk we saw him back out in the world in the KC uniform. I imagine he comes home before saving people in the cable cars. There is so much missing parts from KC one needs filling. I'd love to see Jack tackle KC Diana too. Hell to do a KC centric book too.

Yeah we have a lot of missing scenes and questions that not even the novelization shows... we need a KC book more centralized on SMWW and their family!

Henry is doing Witcher right now but he recently posted a pic of him with huge biceps.

I thought of KC Superman at once. Look at the guns on Kal and look at the guns on Henry. WB could keep Henry, have him guest star in other DC movies and stuff and then use him for KC in a few years. I won't mind. cough cough
    LOL this edit is going around and is perfectly accurate!

Henry can rock a beard and he does look in perfect shape for KC Supes!

KC is a storyline that deserves live action but done right! It’s been asked for, for a very long time. However, Alex’s art style is too complexed to adapt in animation unless giving a more 3D type but...Animation isn’t good enough, that’s already been said as so anyway. Which is a good thing because It doesn’t need to be watered down, doesn’t need to be rewritten to fit some contrived view. It needs to be adapted point by point.
    It would be a miracle and a dream come true if Patty could!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Yeah we have a lot of missing scenes and questions that not even the novelization shows... we need a KC book more centralized on SMWW and their family!
    Kal and Diana’s kids...6 different POVs how the world changed in a 1000 years. How they became who they are as unique individuals being apart of two combined legacies.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-05-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL this edit is going around and is perfectly accurate!

Henry can rock a beard and he does look in perfect shape for KC Supes!

KC is a storyline that deserves live action but done right! It’s been asked for, for a very long time. However, Alex’s art style is too complexed to adapt in animation unless giving a more 3D type but...Animation isn’t good enough, that’s already been said as so anyway. Which is a good thing because It doesn’t need to be watered down, doesn’t need to be rewritten to fit some contrived view. It needs to be adapted point by point.
    It would be a miracle and a dream come true if Patty could!

Absolutely! It needs proper build up. It is the final chap in the DCU story. You have to work towards it properly. Establish dynamics etc.

That meme. Heheheh. Yes, people squeeing and some are speculating he could be bulking for MOS 2. But no Superman other than KC has guns like that. But most likely for Witcher.

Yes. We really do. Jim Lee wants to flesh out DK verse. I think KC deserves that too. I'd love to see when Clark and Diana confess their love for one another, as the kiss was just a precursor and when she tells him she's pregnant because HIS reaction is as equally important as Batman being told...pivotal moments like that were not shown and I think could be. I don't like when DC takes good stories and tries to do absurd things with them like Convergence used KC verse and did nothing memorable. Just don't even go there.

Absolutely! It needs proper build up. It is the final chap in the DCU story. You have to work towards it properly. Establish dynamics etc.

That meme. Heheheh. Yes, people squeeing and some are speculating he could be bulking for MOS 2. But no Superman other than KC has guns like that. But most likely for Witcher.

Yes. We really do. Jim Lee wants to flesh out DK verse. I think KC deserves that too. I'd love to see when Clark and Diana confess their love for one another, as the kiss was just a precursor and when she tells him she's pregnant because HIS reaction is as equally important as Batman being told...pivotal moments like that were not shown and I think could be. I don't like when DC takes good stories and tries to do absurd things with them like Convergence used KC verse and did nothing memorable. Just don't even go there.
    DC definitely needs to get back to properly establishing dynamics. Skipping, hopping, jumping, around and off panel/screen development doesn’t work. So much is lost when they do that.

I don’t think they have the right means nor solid ground work for MOS 2. A soft reboot is probably neccesary in regards to DCEU Superman. As last son and I briefly discussed, an extended cameo could possibly be a little better for Superman.

Really can’t wait for Golden Child! Kinda wish that even with that, give a little flashbacks of Lara growing up. Even the moment Kal stole Diana’s heart 😌

There’s lots of story that needs to be delved into and told!

DC definitely needs to get back to properly establishing dynamics. Skipping, hopping, jumping, around and off panel/screen development doesn’t work. So much is lost when they do that.

I don’t think they have the right means nor solid ground work for MOS 2. A soft reboot is probably neccesary in regards to DCEU Superman. As last son and I briefly discussed, an extended cameo could possibly be a little better for Superman.
    Preferably in a Wonder Woman feature under the guidance of Patty. Makes sense...because we have not seen that before and they fit in each other's world easily...they could be like the Thor and Hulk of the DCEU with the Cap and Widow dynamic.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-05-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Preferably in a Wonder Woman feature under the guidance of Patty. Makes sense...because we have not seen that before and they fit in each other's world easily...they could be like the Thor and Hulk of the DCEU with the Cap and Widow dynamic.
    Oh!! League of One please!!! That would be incredible! DCEU should be somewhat under the guidance of Patty period and Wonder Woman lead. I’ll take the build of the bestiebae with deep soul feelings 😉

Last edited by LoveStar; 01-05-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Oh!! League of One please!!! That would be incredible! DCEU should be somewhat under the guidance of Patty period and Wonder Woman lead.

I kinda want to see a scene like this so badly from Spirit of Truth. BM v SM was just a wasted amt of opportunity. Clark Kent and Diana could have met then but nooo. It's failure assures me that DCEU won't be bothering with that too much. But something like Clark Kent just chatting with Diana about the way they see the world and their roles is wonderful stuff. I am sure Patty has picked up this wonderful gn and seen this scene.

Last edited by hellacre; 01-05-2019 at 08:07 PM.

I kinda want to see a scene like this so badly. BM v SM was just a wasted amt of opportunity. Clark Kent and Diana could have met then but nooo. It's failure assures me that DCEU won't be bothering with that too much. But something like Clark Kent just chatting with Diana about the way they see the world and their roles is wonderful stuff. I am sure Patty has picked up this wonderful gn and seen this scene.

🤔 hmm... I’ll say if it fits right which mostly likely it can and will. League of One and Spirit of Truth should be linked together as inspirations. Clark and Diana’s dynamic is a defining aspect of their characters. They learn from each other and teach each other. These two should have a stand alone movie together, to highlight why this dynamic is naturally gravitated toward. There is no reason why it shouldn’t have happened by now.

The lack of interaction was one of the main issues questioned and as we see from various of comments and posts, the interaction between the two was missed, wanted and clearly needed.

Another SMWW cover signed by Gal and Henry.

anime smww

https://www.deviantart.com/asiathebl...ples-778997774

Henry's car doesn't have fists on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Happy New Year, LapyP. 🤗 Glad to know that you didn't abandoned us. 😅

It will not be difficult to catch up on this new thread, it's just 5 pages. Hope someday you'll find a way to join the discussions in "real time". 😉
    Or more like was just 5 pages. How quickly this thread moves!
    Nope. Have not abandoned the thread at all.

I’ve always enjoyed seeing fully uniformed SMWW doing simple things like going to a diner and interating with people, eating a pie or just being just themselves close to those who admire them! It reminds me a little of the actor Keanu Reeves who lives apart from Olympus called Hollywood and who interacts with us, poor mortals!

“Here's to the moments when you realize the simple things are wonderful and enough.”
    I absolutely agree! I think that’s what new52 SMWW Justice League issues 14/15 were showing. 14 was Superman and Wonder Woman going to the diner. They were seen as celebs of course, but Kal showed that they were no different than any other costumer simply enjoying pancakes. Diana doesn’t care of much of over the top luxuries. Eating pancakes, ice cream, going dancing, caring for children etc...things that may seem small but is cherished the most is what gives her joy. Kal knows that and is why he captures her heart.

Btw, this image is so cute! Kal and Diana about to share a milkshake? And was issue 14 scene an homage to this image? 😍 Love it!!
    I will forever love this image. Because for me, this is the true essence of SMWW. In spite of who and what they are, at heart they are just as regular as the next person in that the enjoy the simple things in life. Whether it be catching up over a sundae, chatting as they walk through the park, or more unique for them, "skywalking," they are two people who do not see themselves as being above others. They were loving, selfless beings, with the purest hearts who saw and sought the best in others. They brought that out of each other as well which is what made their bond so precious to me. I miss that so much.

THIS is to approach mankind, THIS does anchor you with humanity and the common man, THIS is to generate a sincere knowledge and affection, THIS does generate trust !!! You live, even for a few moments without a mask, being you in all your potential with the common man! You find out more about the human being in a bar, supermarket, cafeteria than in your perfect little home with your utopian family!
    Sigh..Deiasilva, you words things so perfectly and you are very insightful. I couldn't agree more with the comment above. Especially the bolded portion. I wish that the current person(s) in charge/overseeing these two characters truly understood this about them.

However, things are either forcefully inserted these days or there is a heavy reliance of telling rather than showing in the current story arcs. They fall flat and feel inorganic as well as coming across as pandering especially as it relates to maintaining status quo. I'm no longer excited about the stories of the character that I used to be able to relate so much to. Nor do I feel any interest to current iterations of these characters that I once gravitated towards for their strong moral fiber, their compassion, humility and selflessness. Their heroic feat, and just the loving, tender aspect of their character. Their humanity, which was once an integral part of who they were pandered for human love interests. Disheartening.

More than fragile it is empty! Here in Brazil we say that the strength of the simple man, the common man, the man of the field is the force that governs the country! There is wisdom in the common man, and this wisdom teaches us not to give up, always strive and work hard and honesty. Often the most privileged people have a greater capacity to stray from the path of truth because they are surrounded by cunning foes such as arrogance and power. We see this a great deal as successful celebrities as actors in a single hit movie, writers from a single hit book and journalists who practically stumble across a bomb story ... they get caught up in this success and turn away from their main purpose it is entertainment and, in some cases, commitment to justice and truth. The best in these cases is to return to the origins, maintain contact with the simple life and the most naked and crude truths. I fully believe that SMWW's contact with the ordinary human being is essential, but you see, I said SMWW and not just Clark and Diana! This is the necessary relationship for both to gain confidence!
    I really enjoy your commentaries Deiasilva. Couldn't agree more with the bolded portions of your statement.
    A person who has had to work hard for what they have will appreciate it more than the one who has been handed what they have without any real effort on their part. It is not surprising that many wise/old adages comes from those of a more humble background. Those who have had to toil for what they have, experience life not only differently but more honestly. It is the reason I am baffled when some correlate Clark's "farmboy" upbringing with lack of wisdom/intelligence. It is a baffling and arrogant supposition that has harmed the character over the years under the pen of some writers.

You can be extraordinary and still remain humble. You can be humble and become extraordinary. You can be raised royal and be a protector and hero. Dignity and goodness, and compassion and mercy etc are not exclusive to one kind of person. You can be street rat, pauper, exile, adopted and become extraordinary. You can be a billionaire,a king, a princess and sacrifice your comfort to fight to protect others. There is no one way to be. And a man from extraordinary beginnings, raised quietly and humbly, but who, because of his birthright...can become something and someone great...it does not mean he has to see himself one way. ie Clark is all I am, Superman is what I do. I find that bewildering tbh. To me he is Clark, Kal and Superman. He lives those personas. They are a part of him. I don't know how anyone can suggest the magnitude of what he does doesn't make him what he is. It damn well does. Clark was raise by the Kents but it is Kal and Superman that helps hone the man too. Kal learns of the heritage...his history...Superman's experiences are so amazing...full of so much life changing events, he meets so many living beings, sees so many things...The man he evolves into is affected by the role he plays as a hero and Superman as much as Clark Kent does as a reporter...I'd say much more. I am sorry. If Clark Kent never had his powers, he'd never live through any of what he has to do as Superman, never have the burdens, the responsibilities, the dangers, see the vast world and universe, connect to life on such a vast level . You get a different perspective on life . A regular joe does not have the same experience. Why shouldn't he be allowed to embrace all that? Like I said SMWW can go very big and go very small. They don't have to jump through hoops or the shark to do it. Some fans go ...oh he needs downtime. I say bs. Here is a meta character who does not need sleep, powers up by the sun etc, juxtapose against human characters who slog it out, break bones, have to train hard and they dedicate their lives to fighting for justice, and you tell me SM needs downtime? Please. I think DC has watered down SM. In many ways. Thinking he is not good enough for Diana or making the ID a big issue is just a cop out by DC.
    The bolded parts. One of the reasons I SM and WW resonated so much with me, especially Diana, was that whole inisider/outsider perspective that they bring. They are both individuals who inhabit multiple worlds. In Diana's case, that of an Amazon, a Princess, a divine creation (aka clay birth - gosh I miss this origin) or being a demigoddess, these parts of her all converge to form who she is while connecting and also isolating her at the same time. This was something I feel that George Perez (a writer I will remain glad that I came to learn of Wonder Woman's origin through) perfectly captures. Being part of different things but not quite belonging to anyone thing. While Diana was an Amazon she wasn't quite like the other Amazon's. Not only did her origin isolate her, her status as a Princess did as well. Her origin meant she was't like anyone else. She was able to have experiences that her other Amazon sisters couldn't quite relate to or understand. When out in "Man's World" she was once again isolated by her culture and her origin. As a clay origin, there tended to be focus on whether she was "a real woman" as if she didn't experience the same joys, pain, happiness, and many other emotions that made a person. The only difference was that as a trained Amazon she is not likely to give in to certain emotions as easily/quickly as a regular person.

Nevertheless, she was still a loving and compassionate individual who didn't quite belong to any one world. Same with Superman, Clark Kent, Kal-El. A being that had more humanity than humans themselves. He straddled the spheres of being the confident hero known as Superman, the farmboy Clark Kent and/or bumbling reporter based on the surrounding, and the kryptonian male Kal-el who encompassed the two aforementioned personas. As someone who considers herself a "quasi-immigrant" (US born but has a definitive non-western cultural identity and heritage), I find it offensive and insulting that Kal was made to be resentful or even dismissive of his Kryptonian side in order to fulfill the almost obsessive desire he had to pass as human. I relate to the insider/outsider experience as it is something I have experienced myself. Not quite belonging to any one world/sphere. Maybe it is one of the reasons why I gravitate a lot to George Perez's Wonder Woman, because Diana's naivete about certain things upon arriving to 'Man's World' and while being an Amazon, not being quite like the rest, were relatable.

Heritage is an important thing and is not something to be shunned or undermined. Especially for Kal, whose very existence is owed to the loving sacrifice of his birth parents. Ones heritage informs not just about our history, but it plays a part in who we are and/or become. Knowing ones self is important for identity and confidence building. Not to speak of the ideology that the rejection of Kal-El, the assertion of Clark Kent being all of who he is or that Superman's humanity is only acceptable/legitimate/credible as long as he is with a human love interest is not only an arrogant supposition, but it reeks heavily of prejudice. It says that a person is only acceptable as long as he/she confirms to the dominant culture of the particular society. Many a times in the past, in order to escape or lessen the chance of discrimination, a person of a different background married into the dominant culture in hopes of acceptance. It is this type of rejection of the "other" or that the "other" is only acceptable when they prove that they belong by conforming that I can not get with. Why anyone would think that this principle should be connected to Superman, something so diminishing escapes me.

Superman and Wonder Woman's connection are many. Their main one being the connection they formed from the understanding of knowing what it was like to inhabit different spheres while not belonging to anyone in particular. It was something organic and realistic. We connect with people many a times we are able to identify with. To have beings who are suppose to embody the principles of truth and inclusiveness rejecting any part of who they are seems contrary to the values they are supposed to espouse. Their core values were an inherent part of them instilled by their upbringing. It is meant to be an identifiable aspect of who they are. However, those who lack the understanding of this have twisted aspects of what made these characters who they were into something negative that should be shunned.

SM/WW toys pics:

"@shrutika5sharma happy birthday to you... #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsPzzOVBqEe/

AND behind every Superman is a Wonder Woman!

SM/WW toys pics:"Kingdome Come Superman & Wonder Woman busts. 👍👍👍👍👍"

https://www.facebook.com/45492388470...2333857297544/
    I am in love with these KC busts!

Wow Kingdom Come is really a classic immortal! We always have something new from this masterpiece! Jack Herbert is producing this beautiful commission, which unfortunately is not mine!

Absolutely stunning! Ugh!
    Really makes me yearn for an on going continuation of the KC series showing the SMWW family through out the years.