Page 10 of 410 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    This works. It’s a very real concept of building a relationship. Clark needs to build up his confidence, be more open and accepting to his own truth, know himself etc. Diana needs to explore more of the world for herself being that she came from an isolated island. At the same time, their feelings are growing to something very real and solid. Building that bond of a trusting and honest friendship first.
    This exactly. No wonder in many stories they become a couple pretty late.

It seems that every cake we see gets better and better!
    Maybe pastry chefs are competing with each other. 😅

LOL what more marketing potential needs to be seen when it’s new merch constantly popping up and as we said a couple of posts back, being that many of the items say “sold out” gives an indication of how well it does
    I don't feel that there's someone at WB that check this stuff or you'll get more push of SM/WW from them.

Oh...still confused. Comment right above still applies.
    Well, the stuff where they're marketed together is aimed to a larger market than the niche of comic-book nerds that DC tries to pander to.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I agree and disagree. Yes, movie synergy was a big part and prob that move to Burbank prob caused a shift in power and dynamics. I am sure the DC crew of NY has to listen to execs first. But I don't see smww from a canon that was its own verse differs to the other verses built by other shows and books...be it cartoons or tv shows. They all veer slightly from comics. They build story, build a base and they try to respect the fanbase...be it Arrowverse, Young Justice , Smallville, JL/U etc. There are traditional pairings that did not get together because of the nature of those verses and the producers and creators didn't just dump on what they wrote to shoehorn something that had no build up. Those verses are allowed to maintain their own tone and relationships. Many of them can't even sell a comic series beyond 10 issues, they have no real huge following the way GOT or TWD has...yet they seem to get some autonomy. SMWW as we said has more success in terms of merch and books...so the fact DC and WB screwed the new 52 animation over to me was a huge disservice to the fans. They could have done their tradition as standalone, they have tradition in tv and movies and allowed the new 52 verse to evolve and do new stories.It seems they only want synergy for SM and WW. No other property. Given SM is in such a state of flux and not even given a sequel because they fear audiences won't bring in monetary returns they expect, I am not sure how much that forcing synergy was a good strategy.
    I wasn't talking about media synergy but just pointing that all the variety of SM/WW merch that get produced should open WB's eyes more than DC's. It's their audience that make those cakes and buy the shirts not the DC fanboys.

“#tb to when...🥰
    ⭐W O N D E R W O M A N⭐ met 🌠🦅✈️S U P E R M A N🦅✈️🌠”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsQeij3l5Qo/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I don't feel that there's someone at WB that check this stuff or you'll get more push of SM/WW from them.

Well, the stuff where they're marketed together is aimed to a larger market than the niche of comic-book nerds that DC tries to pander to.

I wasn't talking about media synergy but just pointing that all the variety of SM/WW merch that get produced should open WB's eyes more than DC's. It's their audience that make those cakes and buy the shirts not the DC fanboys.
    Then the WB suits need to open their eyes. I wonder if anyone at DC points this out? I guess it might need someone at DC to support smww as a concept be it trying to show the PTB that it is a viable option for some media ( notice I said some...not all, I am aware than some like tradition but as you say it is not fanboys who buy smww merch and it is not fanboys who break bank for movies ). See the latest DCEU success and it shows you can take risk once the story is engaging and can get non fan boys on seats too. Who would have thought the character that many joked about could be tracking to a billion? And we need creators to pitch smww stories. Sadly Soule had stuff to write and they did not allow him t continue. I know some others have admitted to pitching to DC and not getting taken up and they simply got fed up. Yet we see some books and stories DC publishes and one wonders how in the world did this pitch get the green light, given many barely makes it to 6 issues. I am a little surprised no one has more smww story to tell given it has barely scratched the surface. I keep thinking they just don't want to give it a chance for whatever reason. Shame. Even if they did not want to play with it early...SMWW are very good to explore coming to the the mid & end part of stories..but you have to establish some foundation or connection.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.

If Conner had gotten fed up of waiting for Superman to pay him some attention. Hehehehe.

Then the WB suits need to open their eyes. I wonder if anyone at DC points this out? I guess it might need someone at DC to support smww as a concept be it trying to show the PTB that it is a viable option for some media ( notice I said some...not all, I am aware than some like tradition but as you say it is not fanboys who buy smww merch and it is not fanboys who break bank for movies ). The latest DCEU success and shows you can take risk once the story is engaging and can get non fan boys on seats too. Who would have thought the character that many joked about could be tracking to a billion?
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman's success are the proof that there's an audience (a big audience) out of there open to characters and ideas that the people at DC don't really care much about. It's not like in the comics (despite WB thought this way initially) where Batman sells and the other books not so much.

I firmly believe that the SM/WW concept doesn't belong (just) to the comics anymore and it's time that WB will realize that too.

And we need creators to pitch smww stories. Sadly Soule had stuff to write and they did not allow him t continue. I know some others have admitted to pitching to DC and not getting taken up and they simply got fed up. Yet we see some books and stories DC publishes and one wonders how in the world did this pitch get the green light, given many barely makes it to 6 issues. I am a little surprised no one has more smww story to tell given it has barely scratched the surface. I keep thinking they just don't want to give it a chance for whatever reason. Shame.
    I think the short-lived series are pet projects of some editors or sort of pitches for other media.

This exactly. No wonder in many stories they become a couple pretty late.
    I would definitely like to see this done right with the right creative team coordination and that truly understands and respects them both. No need for contrivances nor soapy drama.

Maybe pastry chefs are competing with each other. 😅
    Ha! Funny how this was actually a thing with Kevin and Meilani choosing their wedding cake on Cake Wars. 😋

Uh...LOL wouldn’t you though? I mean that’s the point to see what your consumers/audiences prefer....

Exactly! SMWW is aimed and grabs the attention of a larger audience as we see daily. We already have a stable solid diverse comic book fanbase and add to that is the diverse general audience who don’t necessarily care for the comic books but recognize the characters and naturally gravitate to the SMWW dynamic.

I don’t believe there has been any other comic pairing that has had an exclusive his/her fragrance combined with a mini companion comic, a ring set(hot topic), and even down to a 2-in-1 matching onesie set LOL

SMWW has proven to be able to tap into the expected and unexpected of markets

I don’t believe there has been any other comic pairing that has had an exclusive his/her fragrance combined with a mini companion comic, a ring set(hot topic), and even down to a 2-in-1 matching onesie set LOL

There is not. Not withstanding exposure and movie success. Not even at Marvel.

I would definitely like to see this done right with the right creative team coordination and that truly understands and respects them both. No need for contrivances nor soapy drama.
    Hoping doesn't hurt. 😉

Ha! Funny how this was actually a thing with Kevin and Meilani choosing their wedding cake on Cake Wars. 😋
    A bit of competition to create the definitive SM/WW cake is totally fine. 😅

Uh...LOL wouldn’t you though? I mean that’s the point to see what your consumers/audiences prefer....
    I dunno how they work... they seems more concerned about the audience's reactions to their movies and stuff.

Exactly! SMWW is aimed and grabs the attention of a larger audience as we see daily. We already have a stable solid diverse comic book fanbase and add to that is the diverse general audience who don’t necessarily care for the comic books but recognize the characters and naturally gravitate to the SMWW dynamic.
    This.

I'm sure that they're the top couple for this kind of products.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Sadly Soule had stuff to write and they did not allow him t continue. I know some others have admitted to pitching to DC and not getting taken up and they simply got fed up. Yet we see some books and stories DC publishes and one wonders how in the world did this pitch get the green light, given many barely makes it to 6 issues. I am a little surprised no one has more smww story to tell given it has barely scratched the surface. I keep thinking they just don't want to give it a chance for whatever reason. Shame. Even if they did not want to play with it early...SMWW are very good to explore coming to the the mid & end part of stories..but you have to establish some foundation or connection.
    I don’t get this either. Soule had a plan. SMWW was a success before it was dragged into unnecessary crossovers and all of that. Why couldn’t he be able to continue and finish the stories he wanted to tell?

Also...this is a HUGE problem with other books from first issue barely making it or not at all or may have a decent debut but fall drastically in the danger zone by issue 2 or 3. It’s given a pass.

I firmly believe that the SM/WW concept doesn't belong (just) to the comics anymore and it's time that WB will realize that too.
    It’s goes beyond and that shouldn’t be deemed as a bad thing. It’s a darn good thing that should be jumped on to capitalize on.

There is not. Not withstanding exposure and movie success. Not even at Marvel.
    😅 I’m so confused with this line of thinking. Even without the exposure other pairings (platonic/romantic) have had, SMWW still generates what you expect those pairings to generate. Just think what actual exposure would do even more so.

"Matching Superhero shirts."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOq5rwgN8M/

"Hoodies for couples... ideas for that special person 💝"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOV2PplDqI/

"Feel your strength! Unisex t-shirt Super. Gifts for couples with powers. #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsK_S2Fg2t6/

"Hoodies for couples... ideas for that special person ��"

"Feel your strength! Unisex t-shirt Super. Gifts for couples with powers. #superman #wonderwoman"

AHHHH. How great! I love seeing couples proudly wearing these.

And that second one is so cute. Never underestimate the power of that lasso to do amazing things art wise. It just works for smww.

The last one is another example how smww comic art inspires creativity and can be utilized to represent concepts and art that can retail.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-05-2019 at 12:13 PM.

"Hoodies for couples... ideas for that special person ��"

Prime exaamples of exactly what we are talking about.

The “I am his/her” or “She/He is my” Superman/Wonder Woman is a huge trend that’s increasing more and more.
    The matching shirts concept be it the phrases or connecting pics as seen on the hoodies in general is increasing in popularity among couples.

Hoping doesn't hurt. 😉
    Hope for the best...

A bit of competition to create the definitive SM/WW cake is totally fine. 😅
    As long as we are judges the next time!!! 😋

I dunno how they work... they seems more concerned about the audience's reactions to their movies and stuff.
    Well in that case, Wonder Woman should be more respected and pushed much higher ahead. Aquaman deserves more respect too. Superman needs to learn from both given Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Superman have somewhat of similar flow of character story.

I'm sure that they're the top couple for this kind of products.
    So why is it not empahasized and capitalized on even more so?

If Conner had gotten fed up of waiting for Superman to pay him some attention. Hehehehe.

Wonder Boy & The Boy Wonder... that’s a serie that I want to see and buy!!!!

Diana takes Connor as a protegé! Yes please! LOL
    I would love to see Clark’s reaction 😏