Page 105 of 374 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5601
  1. #1561
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

    “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
    ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets



    From a great artist that is a huge fan of SMWW @XtyStoi (her tweeter).

  2. #1562
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

    “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
    ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets



    From a great artist that is a huge fan of SMWW @XtyStoi (her tweeter).
    Happy V-Day, Deiasilva. Nice quote and beautiful art as usual. Love XtyXtoi style.

  3. #1563
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Happy V-Day, Deiasilva. Nice quote and beautiful art as usual. Love XtyXtoi style.
    Yes, she can capture all the sweetness, innocence and affection of the young couple! Here is another work of art from her:



    "Love is in the air
    Everywhere I look around
    Love is in the air
    Every sight and every sound

    And I don't know if I'm being foolish
    Don't know if I'm being wise
    But it's something that I must believe in
    And it's there when I look in your eyes..."

    I'm very proud of this fandom, we do not just like a fictional couple, we give love and we get love back! This couple inspires amateur artists, amateur writers, inspires day to day. If SMWW can make a person become better, if an artist or writer can be born and make it follow the career and stand out from the thousands of fans already will have been worth their union and creation!

  4. #1564
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    “Men of Steel, Women of Wonder” New articles! A free stand out excerpts from each.

    The Power Within: Art responds to history’s favorite superheroes

    He's "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound." She is "as lovely as Aphrodite, as wise as Athena -- with the speed of Mercury and the strength of Hercules." And they've both landed in Bentonville for an event that is the first of its kind. "Men of Steel, Women of Wonder" opened at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art this weekend and is the first major exhibition to examine art world responses to two of the most famous and beloved superheroes ever: Superman and Wonder Woman.

    "These characters are iconic and fun, and I hope that is a good thing to get folks in the door," shares Alejo Benedetti, Crystal Bridges assistant curator and the exhibition's creator. "Once folks are in there, as with all of our shows, we want [guests] to come to the shows and really think. So one of the exciting things about this exhibition is you get to tackle some very heavy and relevant issues, but it's done through the lens of these two characters."

    Works directly inspired by the crusaders for truth and justice abound in the exhibition, in addition to paintings, photographs, installations and videos that -- as Benedetti points out -- use the lens of the heroes to examine contemporary issues of identity, representation, social roles, morality and more.

    Exhibition artist Robert Pruitt said in a previous interview with What's Up!: "The mythology of most comic narratives [is] full of ideas of otherness. In this way, they mirror the experiences of many cultures that struggle to fit into the prevailing narratives of much of our art, media and social landscape."

    In musing on the significance of presenting the themes and characters from comics the same way Crystal Bridges would any work of art, Carlson hopes the exhibition "shows the malleability of these concepts and a lot of these characters, and furthers the [understanding] that these are powerful mythic imageries on their own, and how we can change the context on them, can change the messages of these characters just by degrees into powerful statements in and of their own right."
    https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2019/...thin-20190210/


    Up in the sky, it’s …
    Crystal Bridges brings the super

    When we walked into the exhibit, we were greeted with two of the most iconic characters of all time, Wonder Woman and Superman. And right away we were introduced to the concept of “American gods.” Superman and Wonder Woman have been around since 1938 and 1941. But they’re ageless. They’re always powerful. They defy time.

    These characters were developed by humans who were influenced by historical elements around them at the time.
    Wonder Woman was inspired by women who had to be strong but were still expected to be feminine. Rosie the Riveter types come to mind. The Man of Steel? Inspired by actual men of steel, powerful blue-collar workers who built skyscrapers in cities like New York. His costume, with the underwear on the outside? Inspired by the outfits of strongman circus performers, Mr. Benedetti said. And art in the exhibit details this, building these characters from the humanistic ground up.

    FOR ALL the abilities Superman and Wonder Woman have been given over the years, it’s through their vulnerabilities that we relate to them, on the page or silver screen. Superman can lift a car, but toss some kryptonite in his way and he doubles over in pain. That’s why vulnerabilities make up such a prominent part of the exhibit.

    One vulnerability the artwork touched on was loneliness. It’s lonely to be a city’s protector. Who can possibly relate to your struggles stopping evil super-villains from blowing up Metropolis?
    While we relate to superheroes through their vulnerabilities, we admire them for their strength to do the impossible.
    That’s on display, too. The exhibit demonstrates how these two characters were birthed out of crisis at the start of World War II. And you glimpse humanity at the time through the lens of people who just wanted to feel safe. So these heroes were given ultimate power—to keep the rest of us secure.

    And what art exhibit would be complete without a commentary on the current times? Immigration was a big theme in the exhibit, with Wonder Woman being an immigrant from an island nation in the Mediterranean Sea (Themyscira), and Superman being a refugee from an exploded planet. The exhibit seemingly asks viewers to question their stand on immigration, with some pieces showing everyday immigrants being heroes, delivering food and providing for their families.
    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...y-its/?opinion


    A super show at Crystal Bridges: 'Men of Steel, Women of Wonder'

    ”Men of Steel” delves into many issues in contemporary life: Race, immigration, sexism, gender and human frailty are all part of the picture.

    "Origin Stories" introduction to the exhibition, these social realism works depicting strong men hovering over cities on steel beams and a 1935 oil painting of muscular laborers illustrate the tropes the comic book artists were familiar with: mighty men doing mighty things. Here also is a 19th century poster of a strongman in tights and wide belt. The familiarity of that strongman image in the popular mind made Superman instantly understood as someone whose strength was out of the ordinary: an American god.

    Norman Rockwell’s Rosie the Riveter, which is part of Crystal Bridges’ collection, illustrates the reality that images of strong women must include feminine elements, too: A muscular Rosie wears lipstick; powerful Wonder Woman is sexy. The dichotomy — sex symbol/power symbol — is one explored throughout the show.

    Mary Beth Edelson looks at Wonder Woman as part of female deities whose power is only mythical in “Exile,” a monumental work in acrylic, fabric and collage. It’s a complex tapestry of sorts that puts our distaff superhero amid Aphrodite, Athena, Eve, the Virgin Mary and the short-lived Goddess of Freedom erected in Tiananmen Square.

    The artists of “Men of Steel” take advantage of the fact that both Wonder Woman and Superman are immigrants — Wonder Woman from the island of Themyscira and Superman from Krypton (which exploded, making him a refugee as well).
    https://m.arktimes.com/RockCandy/arc...omen-of-wonder

  5. #1565
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Yes, she can capture all the sweetness, innocence and affection of the young couple! Here is another work of art from her:



    "Love is in the air
    Everywhere I look around
    Love is in the air
    Every sight and every sound

    And I don't know if I'm being foolish
    Don't know if I'm being wise
    But it's something that I must believe in
    And it's there when I look in your eyes..."

    I'm very proud of this fandom, we do not just like a fictional couple, we give love and we get love back! This couple inspires amateur artists, amateur writers, inspires day to day. If SMWW can make a person become better, if an artist or writer can be born and make it follow the career and stand out from the thousands of fans already will have been worth their union and creation!
    Nice. I never saw that other piece. She only draw the new52 versions of SM/WW, right?

  6. #1566
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

    “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
    ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets



    From a great artist that is a huge fan of SMWW @XtyStoi (her tweeter).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Yes, she can capture all the sweetness, innocence and affection of the young couple! Here is another work of art from her:



    "Love is in the air
    Everywhere I look around
    Love is in the air
    Every sight and every sound

    And I don't know if I'm being foolish
    Don't know if I'm being wise
    But it's something that I must believe in
    And it's there when I look in your eyes..."

    I'm very proud of this fandom, we do not just like a fictional couple, we give love and we get love back! This couple inspires amateur artists, amateur writers, inspires day to day. If SMWW can make a person become better, if an artist or writer can be born and make it follow the career and stand out from the thousands of fans already will have been worth their union and creation!
    Awe!!! So sweet and beautiful!!! 😍❤️
    HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nice. I never saw that other piece. She only draw the new52 versions of SM/WW, right?
    Yep. Just new52

  7. #1567
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    “Men of Steel, Women of Wonder” New articles! A free stand out excerpts from each.

    The Power Within: Art responds to history’s favorite superheroes



    https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2019/...thin-20190210/


    Up in the sky, it’s …
    Crystal Bridges brings the super



    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...y-its/?opinion


    A super show at Crystal Bridges: 'Men of Steel, Women of Wonder'



    https://m.arktimes.com/RockCandy/arc...omen-of-wonder
    Wow! Great articles!!!!! It's good to know that the exhibition is well spoken and a success !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nice. I never saw that other piece. She only draw the new52 versions of SM/WW, right?
    Yeah, she start to like them with new 52!!!!

  8. #1568
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Wow! Great articles!!!!! It's good to know that the exhibition is well spoken and a success !!!
    Yes!! Well we knew it would be but what’s exciting is the take away from it all. The in depth perspective of what Superman and Wonder Woman truly represent, the motivation and inspiration. In the first article, this really stood out: "The mythology of most comic narratives [is] full of ideas of otherness. In this way, they mirror the experiences of many cultures that struggle to fit into the prevailing narratives of much of our art, media and social landscape."

  9. #1569
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yes!! Well we knew it would be but what’s exciting is the take away from it all. The in depth perspective of what Superman and Wonder Woman truly represent, the motivation and inspiration. In the first article, this really stood out: "The mythology of most comic narratives [is] full of ideas of otherness. In this way, they mirror the experiences of many cultures that struggle to fit into the prevailing narratives of much of our art, media and social landscape."
    I love this, I really love it ... SMWW transcends geography, ethnicity and embraces the diverse cultures of the world ... you can be anywhere in the world, be of any gender and identify with them as individual and couple!

    "Tomorrow being #valentines and today being #wonderwomanwednesday I wanted to put this out there myself and @supermanthony shot similar posts two years ago now as a reminder that gender exclusion has no logical place in our world anywhere and certainly not among superhero’s!
    •••
    I happen to love Wonderwoman and yes I am wearing a dress here and paying homage as man to this great hero! •••
    Part 2 Valentine’s is also not just for women, guys need love too so once again gender exclusion or archetyping has no place here. So make it day of love for all regardless because this planet needs epic amounts of love right now and everyday not just one day a year.
    •••
    Thanks to the most epic Wondie I know @wonderwomanisreal for the use of the props��"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt2PGU4D...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-18-2019 at 07:19 PM.

  10. #1570
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I love this, I really love it ... SMWW transcends geography, ethnicity and embraces the diverse cultures of the world ... you can be anywhere in the world, be of any gender and identify with them as individual and couple!
    Exactly! If this is understood and embraced outside of comics, it should be understood within. It seemed that it once was. It was flawed but truly embraced this broader diverse POV. It should be that way again.

    "Tomorrow being #valentines and today being #wonderwomanwednesday I wanted to put this out there myself and @supermanthony shot similar posts two years ago now as a reminder that gender exclusion has no logical place in our world anywhere and certainly not among superhero’s!
    •••
    I happen to love Wonderwoman and yes I am wearing a dress here and paying homage as man to this great hero! •••
    Part 2 Valentine’s is also not just for women, guys need love too so once again gender exclusion or archetyping has no place here. So make it day of love for all regardless because this planet needs epic amounts of love right now and everyday not just one day a year.
    •••
    Thanks to the most epic Wondie I know @wonderwomanisreal for the use of the props��"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt2PGU4D...on_share_sheet
    OMG!!! He has on the SMWW dress!!!❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS EVERYTHING!!! A (Super)man with confidence, motivated and inspired by Wonder Woman 🤗🤗 LOVE IT!

  11. #1571
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly! If this is understood and embraced outside of comics, it should be understood within. It seemed that it once was. It was flawed but truly embraced this broader diverse POV. It should be that way again.



    OMG!!! He has on the SMWW dress!!!❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS EVERYTHING!!! A (Super)man with confidence, motivated and inspired by Wonder Woman ���� LOVE IT!
    That's what I am talking about!!!! That's what is important!!! Can you see how in a world where intolerance and prejudice are so present SMWW inspires men to put aside the figure of the rotten male? SMWW become public importance right now!

  12. #1572
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    How could our SM/WW toys not wish too a happy Valentine's Day? 😅

    "Happy Valentine's Day 🌹♥️ #bemyvalentine #valentinesday #valentine #❤️ #💐 #supermanloveswonderwoman #legowonderwoman #legosuperman"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3FBe8nIYQ/

    "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Spend it with those you love...and doing things you love! ❤"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3oDh-hSkc/

    "Don't forget wine for tonight... #valentinesday2019 #superman #wonderwoman"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3AcWWHZ8s/

  13. #1573
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    How could our SM/WW toys not wish too a happy Valentine's Day? ��

    "Happy Valentine's Day ��♥️ #bemyvalentine #valentinesday #valentine #❤️ #�� #supermanloveswonderwoman #legowonderwoman #legosuperman"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3FBe8nIYQ/

    "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Spend it with those you love...and doing things you love! ❤"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3oDh-hSkc/

    "Don't forget wine for tonight... #valentinesday2019 #superman #wonderwoman"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3AcWWHZ8s/
    Awe! How sweet! ❤️
    Yeah seeing lots of really adorable toy posts

  14. #1574
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    “Men of Steel, Women of Wonder” New articles! A free stand out excerpts from each.

    The Power Within: Art responds to history’s favorite superheroes



    https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2019/...thin-20190210/


    Up in the sky, it’s …
    Crystal Bridges brings the super



    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...y-its/?opinion


    A super show at Crystal Bridges: 'Men of Steel, Women of Wonder'



    https://m.arktimes.com/RockCandy/arc...omen-of-wonder
    Thanks again for these articles. I'd like to see these themes touched in the exhibition ("race, immigration, sexism, gender and human frailty") being explored in a Vertigo-type of book (or Black Label type?) featuring SM/WW.

  15. #1575
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    That's what I am talking about!!!! That's what is important!!! Can you see how in a world where intolerance and prejudice are so present SMWW inspires men to put aside the figure of the rotten male? SMWW become public importance right now!
    Right! A lot of this is ignored for such narrow views. Superman and Wonder Woman going backwards from this is and becoming much more of a problem. The general audience relates and connects to Superman and Wonder Woman’s true purpose. They seriously need to get back to this way of embracing diversity than shying away from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thanks again for these articles. I'd like to see these themes touched in the exhibition ("race, immigration, sexism, gender and human frailty") being explored in a Vertigo-type of book (or Black Label type?) featuring SM/WW.
    Of course 😉

    Oh would be a dream come true! Black label if it wasn’t in the limbo it’s in would be perfect because the creative team would actually have creative freedom and be able to really dig deep within these themes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •