Page 123 of 410 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL so much for “Man of Tomorrow”. More like “Man of Yesterday/Regression”

It’s not funny but it is... ��
    Everything we have said or critiqued Rebirth or the DCEU esp where Superman is concerned has come to pass. If you like superman already is not a reason to want bad stories go forward. There are tons of new people out there or even older ones still wondering what is so special about this dude. I mean how or why is that? 80 years? And it is not like he hasn't had movies, tv shows, animation etc. If he has been around for so long why is Batman so much more popular and now many less popular Marvel characters are more loved than he is? We all like Cavill sure , we all think he was ill served sure...but remains to be examined carefully why. What is it about the motivations for his character that failed. It's not about not smiling enough and not saving cats. It's about the wishy washy ideas they have for the character as a hero and the rushed nature of his journey. Which is why JL fell flat. Why has Wonder Woman, Aquaman gotten sequels within weeks while MOS languishes for years and WB saying they have shelved him for a while? Why had Rebirth SM sales not topped the charts given some folks claiming DC has given SM fans what everyone wanted? The exhibit touched upon this, critics touched upon the whys it failed but DC keeps being very blinkered because they refuse to give SM proper development and right motivation for a character that should be moving with the 21st century and not going backwards. You'll never please everyone but seems to me a shrinking audience is not a validation for what they are doing. If Superman was swapped into a woman's body with the same story...ie a female hero..you can see the glaring holes and see how poorly DC have been looking at him. No matter a character's gender...construction is important. Sadly they have done this to WW. DC shies from making her powerful and has literally made her insane and weak in Rebirth while Marvel is celebrating their women and those that are powerful. There is some strange odd backward ideas here that imo looks at heroes incorrectly. Power is not something that makes a character less interesting. It is how is is used by the writer, it is just a tool for a character to do their job but DC tries to link it to their race or culture or gender or even morality. Manga outsells comics all the time and power is not something they shy from.
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-20-2019 at 10:21 AM.

This is so cool! Akin to “The Boondocks” it seems. It would be great as a cartoon webshow!

Justice League Parody from Marvel comic artist Anthony Piper called Trill League. Mashes up DC Comics heroes with figures from hip-hop, pop culture and Piper's own community in Chicago.

Swolemayne, from the planet Swolton, is the Superman-type character in the crew, but mixed with the stereotypical "narcissistic lady's man," Piper says. "The guy who just stays at the gym, always flexing in front of the mirror, and that's all they are worried about. A lot of people say I designed Swolemayne after myself. I can't say if that's true or not, but I have taken elements. At the time I designed him, my goatee did look like that, but it's filled out now, so."

Wondeisha of Kenyattaté is a mix of Wonder Woman, the fictional superhero, and Beyoncé, the real life one, incorporating the best of both women. Like Wonder Woman, she's royalty from a mysterious island with the powers of super strength, speed and agility, but instead of an invisible jet, she rides an invisible surfboard, for instance. "I came out with that around the time Beyoncé had that surfboard line, so it just fit," he says.
    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/how-...-hop-1.4115741

Swolemayne and Wondeisha have an "on & off" relationship...hehe 😏

Last edited by LoveStar; 02-20-2019 at 08:04 AM.

This is so cool! Akin to “The Boondocks” it seems. It would be great as a cartoon webshow!

Justice League Parody from Marvel comic artist Anthony Piper called Trill League. Mashes up DC Comics heroes with figures from hip-hop, pop culture and Piper's own community in Chicago.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/how-...-hop-1.4115741

Swolemayne and Wondeisha have an "on & off" relationship...hehe ��

More proof that SMWW has reached diverse audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Everything we have said or critiqued Rebirth or the DCEU esp where Superman is concerned has come to pass. If you like superman already is not a reason to want bad stories go forward. There are tons of new people out there or even older ones still wondering what is so special about this dude. I mean how or why is that? 80 years? And it is not like he hasn't had movies, tv shows, animation etc. If he has been around for so long why is Batman so much more popular and now many less popular Marvel characters are more loved than he is? We all like Cavill sure , we all think he was ill served sure...but remains to be examined carefully why. What is it about the motivations for his character than failed. It's not about not smiling enough and not saving cats. It's about the wishy washy ideas they have for the character as a hero and the rushed nature of his journey. Which is why JL fell flat. Why has Wonder Woman, Aquaman gotten sequels within weeks while MOS languishes for years and WB saying they have shelved him for a while? Why had Rebirth SM sales not topped the charts given some folks claiming DC has given SM fans what everyone wanted? The exhibit touched upon this, critics touched upon the whys it failed but DC keeps being very blinkered because they refuse to give SM proper development and right motivation for a character that should be moving with the 21st century and not going backwards. You'll never please everyone but seems to me a shrinking audience is not a validation for what they are doing. If Superman was swapped into a woman's body with the same story...ie a female hero..you can see the glaring holes and see how poorly DC have been looking at him. No matter a character's gender...construction is important. Sadly they have done this to WW. DC shies from making her powerful and has literally made her insane and weak in Rebirth while Marvel is celebrating their women and those that are powerful. There is some strange odd backward ideas here that imo looks at heroes incorrectly. Power is not something that makes a character less interesting. It is how is is used by the writer, it is just a tool for a character to do their job but DC tries to link it to their race or culture or gender or even morality. Manga outsells comics all the time and power is not something they shy from.
    Whew... that’s a lot of questions that will be continuously dodged LOL... Lots of facts and truths there. Superficial stuff keeps getting propped up and it’s not doing any good. If it was so much greatness, these questions wouldn’t be asked. There’s a lot of talk but no back up. If creators would open their minds to the discussions and topics such as the exhibit has done, Superman would be relevant and more relatable in a more deeper way.

Swolemayne and Wondeiasha’s dynamic is very stereotypical taking ques from real urban life situations and couples but its funny and fun! DC misses so much of this kind of stuff stuck in the past and limiting creativity. This would’ve been perfect DC collab in a way for mature readers, and gain a diverse audience.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 02-20-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Whew... that’s a lot of questions that will be continuously dodged LOL... Lots of facts and truths there. Superficial stuff keeps getting propped up and it’s not doing any good. If it was so much greatness, these questions wouldn’t be asked. There’s a lot of talk but no back up. If creators would open their minds to the discussions and topics such as the exhibit has done, Superman would be relevant and more relatable in a more deeper way.

Swolemayne and Wondeiasha’s dynamic is very stereotypical taking ques from real urban life situations and couples but its funny and fun! DC misses so much of this kind of stuff stuck in the past and limiting creativity. This would’ve been perfect DC collab in a way for mature readers, and gain a diverse audience.
    I love parodies. I know this is not pure SMWW but the fact they use it shows how it can be applied in many ways.

I also wish DC would give us Cal Ellis and Nubia in a multiverse comic. The little Morrison and new 52 had of them was good stuff. Nubia more than anyone challenged Cal in a way about truth and ethics no one else other than new 52 Diana did with Clark in canon. These are the more genuine moments with the theme of truth. DC's idea of exploring truth atm is a joke.

If a character is written right...no matter their culture or race...we can connect with their journey because you can humanize situations...mind you I have said before this idea that humans only has emotions needs to get outta here when it comes to fantasy and sci fic fiction. I get we use it to relate but when it is handled in a clumsy way, it can carry xenophobic subtext. There are aspects of character that DC has diluted and continues to dilute esp where SM and WW are concerned. Their outsider and otherness continues to be handled badly and if they try, they do it in the worse way. I will maintain the new 52 Superman has been the best example we have had of a modern Superman with attention paid to his two aspects and trying to bridge them in a more authentic way and his motivations for his heroism. What we have other wise...the character basically is just a man with powers and privilege who uses it to make his life comfortable by prioritizing what matters to him personally than the greater good. Death of Superman again some might argue shows he cares for the world...I would argue he happens to get killed in the line of duty like any good cop or solider. Just because the others couldn't punch as hard as he does doesn't make him the best. This continued idea Superman will become evil if he can't have certain elements in his life is a terrible commentary and this is exactly what DC is pushing if you deconstruct the versions they have given us in the last few years. And it has sadly taken root because it is constantly brought up online by people who never were exposed to other stories that has been part of him for the 80 years he has been around. Diana...well...her motivations too use to be pure and about the greater good and wanting to use her gifts etc...now... I don't even know what it is.sigh.
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-20-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Everything we have said or critiqued Rebirth or the DCEU esp where Superman is concerned has come to pass. If you like superman already is not a reason to want bad stories go forward. There are tons of new people out there or even older ones still wondering what is so special about this dude. I mean how or why is that? 80 years? And it is not like he hasn't had movies, tv shows, animation etc. If he has been around for so long why is Batman so much more popular and now many less popular Marvel characters are more loved than he is? We all like Cavill sure , we all think he was ill served sure...but remains to be examined carefully why. What is it about the motivations for his character than failed. It's not about not smiling enough and not saving cats. It's about the wishy washy ideas they have for the character as a hero and the rushed nature of his journey. Which is why JL fell flat. Why has Wonder Woman, Aquaman gotten sequels within weeks while MOS languishes for years and WB saying they have shelved him for a while? Why had Rebirth SM sales not topped the charts given some folks claiming DC has given SM fans what everyone wanted? The exhibit touched upon this, critics touched upon the whys it failed but DC keeps being very blinkered because they refuse to give SM proper development and right motivation for a character that should be moving with the 21st century and not going backwards. You'll never please everyone but seems to me a shrinking audience is not a validation for what they are doing. If Superman was swapped into a woman's body with the same story...ie a female hero..you can see the glaring holes and see how poorly DC have been looking at him. No matter a character's gender...construction is important. Sadly they have done this to WW. DC shies from making her powerful and has literally made her insane and weak in Rebirth while Marvel is celebrating their women and those that are powerful. There is some strange odd backward ideas here that imo looks at heroes incorrectly. Power is not something that makes a character less interesting. It is how is is used by the writer, it is just a tool for a character to do their job but DC tries to link it to their race or culture or gender or even morality. Manga outsells comics all the time and power is not something they shy from.
    The new writer is making an interesting story but simply misrepresents SM! In each number SM looks more and more like a Marvel character than the SM we know. Putting a bit of side preference for A or B couple, what I see is that the current shift is not favoring Super at all. Who is this guy? What is he doing? Why is he behaving like an idiot? What did he do with his own son ??????? What a poor example of father, of family that they form! I do not want this for SM and thank God that SMWW are not together in rebirth.

SuperWonder Cosplay

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEDnYtlkjn/

“Thanks to @compactfamilyservices for letting us read superhero books to the kids. Can’t wait to help out again 😀”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCaj5TjtOo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuG76EAgmWv//

This, I believe, is what the kids these days call thicc. haha, love it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

SuperWonder Cosplay

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEDnYtlkjn/

“Thanks to @compactfamilyservices for letting us read superhero books to the kids. Can’t wait to help out again ��”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCaj5TjtOo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuG76EAgmWv//
    I love seeing the cosplayers when they use their time for others. Esp children. AS deiasilva mentioned before ...it is no coincidence that children love smww. Their pure eyes and hearts connect with the positive and fantastic elements of smww. No child will complain SM or WW are too powerful or they want to be Clark Kent grounding and hiding himself. Then we all get older and get bored and cynical and suddenly want dysfunction as drama and unhealthy troupes and dynamics as love. It's weird isn't it? Then you get older and suddenly you get it...you realize that what SMWW presented was actually the things we should be reaching for.

I love parodies. I know this is not pure SMWW but the fact they use it shows how it can be applied in many ways.

I also wish DC would give us Cal Ellis and Nubia in a multiverse comic. The little Morrison and new 52 had of them was good stuff. Nubia more than anyone challenged Cal in a way about truth and ethics no one else other than new 52 Diana did with Clark in canon. These are the more genuine moments with the theme of truth. DC's idea of exploring truth atm is a joke.

If a character is written right...no matter their culture or race...we can connect with their journey because you can humanize situations...mind you I have said before this idea that humans only has emotions needs to get outta here when it comes to fantasy and sci fic fiction. I get we use it to relate but when it is handled in a clumsy way, it can carry xenophobic subtext. There are aspects of character that DC has diluted and continues to dilute esp where SM and WW are concerned. Their outsider and otherness continues to be handled badly and if they try, they do it in the worse way. I will maintain the new 52 Superman has been the best example we have had of a modern Superman with attention paid to his two aspects and trying to bridge them in a more authentic way and his motivations for his heroism. What we have other wise...the character basically is just a man with powers and privilege who uses it to make his life comfortable by prioritizing what matters to him personally than the greater good. Death of Superman again some might argue shows he cares for the world...I would argue he happens to get killed in the line of duty like any good cop or solider. Just because the others couldn't punch as hard as he does doesn't make him the best. This continued idea Superman will become evil if he can't have certain elements in his life is a terrible commentary and this is exactly what DC is pushing if you deconstruct the versions they have given us in the last few years. And it has sadly taken root because it is constantly brought up online by people who never were exposed to other stories that has been part of him for the 80 years he has been around. Diana...well...her motivations too use to be pure and about the greater good and wanting to use her gifts etc...now... I don't even know what it is.sigh.
    ALL OF THIS!!!

The thing is, it’s not about actual truth... it’s what DC deems as truth. Diana has always challenged him in the right ways but ends up she was wrong, she wanting him to be “godly”, losing humanity. It’s never been that. How can Superman stand for truth when he is constantly living a lie they can try to sugar coat it as protecting the ones close...however he is privileged. We don’t see much struggle. Life is peachy, sunshine, and rainbows. This happy go lucky all American life. That’s not relatable. Superman resenting his others, being a big whiny manbaby because he isn’t human. That’s not relatable. Rebirth WW, being weak both physically and mentally but playing den mother and wants to hug and “love” everybody, that’s not relatable nor empowering for women.

New52 with all its flaws was a more modern persepctive, indeed. What makes Superman and Wonder Woman relatable is their “otherness” and trying to bridge the different aspects of their lives together. We can keep referencing back to the exhibit as well because it says EXACTLY what is noted, explored and honored there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    HAHAHA! Yep! Exactly what it’s called! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    The new writer is making an interesting story but simply misrepresents SM! In each number SM looks more and more like a Marvel character than the SM we know. Putting a bit of side preference for A or B couple, what I see is that the current shift is not favoring Super at all. Who is this guy? What is he doing? Why is he behaving like an idiot? What did he do with his own son ??????? What a poor example of father, of family that they form! I do not want this for SM and thank God that SMWW are not together in rebirth.
    All I know is it boils down to writing and how something is constructed and earned. And let me say that if we want a good example of fatherhood it is exactly like you would if you want a good hero. You earn it. I know I believe Batman is a better father figure even if not the perfect one, but no one is perfect and that is the key too. Parenthood is hard and it is a slog not at anyone's convenience. He is a man who took children in and weathered many difficult times with them over the years, some of them not even his own or of his own choice nor were they easy to raise...but it is demonstrated in a far better way.
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-20-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Booty on both SMWW is always good.

Booty on both SMWW is always good.
    Hehehe.... 😏
    New52 SMWW was just right! Especially drawn by Daniel, Herbert, Rocafort, Benes, and Siqueira

Hehehe.... ��
    New52 SMWW was just right! Especially drawn by Daniel, Herbert, Rocafort, Benes, and Siqueira

Don't forget Jim Lee. Thanks to him that cape of Kal's flew up often.

Don't forget Jim Lee. Thanks to him that cape of Kal's flew up often.
    Hehe!! Right!

This kind of art with that natural stand out and sexy appeal is very much missed.