Page 14 of 410 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    A pregnant Diana, a child from two exiled from so different worlds, a child of magic, science, alien and divine... The most unique child in the universe since Kara and Zod may have children with humans as well, after all SM did it recently, but a son of Clark and Diana ... science and myth ... simply a single child with unknown and unlimited powers!
    EXACTLY!

Kryptonian (Els) , human, ( Hippolyta ) Olympian (Zeus) , genetics rolled into one boosted by magic. Even if they used clay origin and not demi goddess...the kid is still a game changer and immensely unique. He is not all alien, not all human, not half, but something special. I would go crazy if I were a writer or artist at the prospect to create such a child utilizing BOTH parents. The variations and probabilities too could be so interesting. But then smww never stopped at one child, did they? I love the idea of a unique child, a new legacy character. Just to have another Superboy or Supergirl or Wondergirl...is more of the same really.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly! A child of 4 worlds bringing in a total new perspective I don’t think has ever been explored at all. New kind of challenges that tests not only Clark and Diana as parents but everyone around them, from the Gods, Amazons, entire superhero community and mortals. What would be the child’s weaknesses? ��
    He or she can have any of their parents weakness. When genes combine you can different outcomes exactly the way children come out different from same parents. eg One child could be vulnerable to Kryptonite , another not.

Some SuperWonder cosplay!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...4591799&type=3

“She was team #nofilter but I was team #imugly so I compromised did a tiny one 😂 having a great time visiting for a shoot by @fdsedanoarts , can't wait to get the pics!! Yes, she really is that tall, she's actually amazonian. Happy first Saturday of the new year!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsRbE3ujzBG/

“Slaying starter costumes like it's our job...wait 😂✨ 💪
    I don't get to cosplay/perform at events with my Fiancé often (it's PRETTY RARE lol) but when I do, it's the best day ever! 🥰 He's the cutest and so good with kids!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsRv-r7AC4Q/

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    EXACTLY!

Kryptonian (Els) , human, ( Hippolyta ) Olympian (Zeus) , genetics rolled into one boosted by magic. Even if they used clay origin and not demi goddess...the kid is still a game changer and immensely unique. He is not all alien, not all human, not half, but something special. I would go crazy if I were a writer or artist at the prospect to create such a child utilizing BOTH parents. The variations and probabilities too could be so interesting. But then smww never stopped at one child, did they? I love the idea of a unique child, a new legacy character. Just to have another Superboy or Supergirl or Wondergirl...is more of the same really.
    Even if they use the origin of the clay, the child will be the daughter of a golem made of clay that has an ancient soul dwelling in it, a soul so powerful that has been in gestation in the womb of Gaia itself for millennia! And if they use the version of clay, whose greatest sadness was that of not being able to generate life, to generate children, this child would be a true miracle !!!! A true miracle of love! The two most powerful beings on the planet, condemned to be the only and last of their kind, overcoming the sadness and solitude coming from immortality and being able to generate, through love, new lives, new beings, a new species! Winning through love any barrier, any difference or distance!

He or she can have any of their parents weakness. When genes combine you can different outcomes exactly the way children come out different from same parents. eg One child could be vulnerable to Kryptonite , another not.

True! It would not only dilute Superman's powers in human blood but open a range, an almost infinite palette of powers!

EXACTLY!

Even if they use the origin of the clay, the child will be the daughter of a golem made of clay that has an ancient soul dwelling in it, a soul so powerful that has been in gestation in the womb of Gaia itself for millennia! And if they use the version of clay, whose greatest sadness was that of not being able to generate life, to generate children, this child would be a true miracle !!!! A true miracle of love! The two most powerful beings on the planet, condemned to be the only and last of their kind, overcoming the sadness and solitude coming from immortality and being able to generate, through love, new lives, new beings, a new species! Winning through love any barrier, any difference or distance!
    True! It would not only dilute Superman's powers in human blood but open a range, an almost infinite palette of powers!
    All of this! Perfection! The bold especially! The child wouldn’t have a sense of predictability either of the infinite outcomes of a new future, that would even intrigue the Fates.

The others are right. The way you describe SMWW is very poetic and profound. And they do it by living and experiencing life.

Last Son always points out the irony that Clark and Diana live more humanly as they live than the human partners they hook up with. They don't get rectons, time jumps, elixirs to life, go live as Gods, etc. They experience the pain and joys of life, that comes with time and change and even death. So when these two get a child, you feel enormous joy because they would have somehow been primed for it. eg KC Kal and Diana are probably very good parents because of life experience and sacrifices.

The others are right. The way you describe SMWW is very poetic and profound. And they do it by living and experiencing life.

Last Son always points out the irony that Clark and Diana live more humanly as they live than the human partners they hook up with. They don't get rectons, time jumps, elixirs to life, go live as Gods, etc. They experience the pain and joys of life, that comes with time and change and even death. So when these two get a child, you feel enormous joy because they would have somehow been primed for it. eg KC Kal and Diana are probably very good parents because of life experience and sacrifices.
    Ironic isn’t it? When they are together it’s automatically perceived as Clark and Diana want to be above the humans. They are acting oh so Godly....but none of that is shown at all when they are together. They aren’t hiding as humans, they aren’t trying to hard pretending to be a regular human resenting who they really are for acceptance as they have been so boggled down to do. They are just living their own normal, as normal as it can be for them. It seems their “alienness” and “godliness” is more emphasized when they not together because it’s trying to make it seem demeaning or something to that effect. They aren’t human, they aren’t american, and they shouldn’t have to apologize for that. This is why other characters have surpassed them in ways as well. They aren’t boggled down by outdated traditions, others have been able to grow, take risks and change with the times. Superman and Wonder Woman was suppose to be those leads...not the followers.

Superman and Wonder Woman as a pair is about acceptance of all of who and what each are. There’s no prentending, no half truths, no excuses, no half done, watered down development, there’s no just because with them. We see it all and no it’s not all perfect, but the message is there. This is why real life couples resonate.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-06-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Ironic isn’t it? When they are together it’s automatically perceived as Clark and Diana want to be above the humans. They are acting oh so Godly....but none of that is shown at all when they are together. They aren’t hiding as humans, they aren’t trying to hard pretending to be a regular human resenting who they really are for acceptance as they have been so boggled down to do. They are just living their own normal, as normal as it can be for them. It seems their “alienness” and “godliness” is more emphasized when they not together because it’s trying to make it seem demeaning or something to that effect. They aren’t human, they aren’t american, and they shouldn’t have to apologize for that. This is why other characters have surpassed them in ways as well. They aren’t boggled down by outdated traditions, others have been able to grow, take risks and change with the times. Superman and Wonder Woman was suppose to be those leads...not the followers.

Superman and Wonder Woman as a pair is about acceptance of all of who and what each are. There’s no prentending, no half truths, no excuses, no half done, watered down development, there’s no just because with them. We see it all and no it’s not all perfect, but the message is there. This is why real life couples resonate.
    Leaders and Pathfinders, paving the way against all kinds of prejudices and barriers!

Hehe it’s interesting and very ironic Henry and Gal have signed many Superman/Wonder Woman covers!

Really advocating for an SMWW anime!

Clark and Diana are the most humbled, human characters of all despite their powers. Their have never been defined by their powers, but of the purity and heart of gold they have. They cherish the most simplest things and even if they do and/or cherish otherworldly, extraordinary things, it’s nothing wrong with that. It’s what they should do.

It’s not exciting at all when they take away what makes them extraordinary complexed characters to be watered down just for a specific very limiting status quo. It leads to nothing but stagnantion.

In this modern age, embracing all of who and what each of us are is more relatable then trying to seperate or resent parts of who/what we are. It’s very shameful to twist the true nature and ideas of these characters deeming their “otherness” as wrong and unacceptable because of one society’s insecurity. Superman and Wonder womn are the main characters who are suppose to be advocates of going against this kind of mindset.

1000% agree! This is very much known and obviously backed up with real life examples. As last son stated, SMWW goes beyond comics....goes beyond at them them just being charcters, because of how they resonate in a realistic way to so many, especially to couples.

Yeah I hope that DC/WB sees the missteps and change.
    Exactly, in response to the bolded and underlined part.

One can only hope with DC/WB. Because some of the contents I see released makes me really wonder and question.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Yeah we have a lot of missing scenes and questions that not even the novelization shows... we need a KC book more centralized on SMWW and their family!
    When DC will no longer feel satisfied to milk just the DKverse, it will turn to KC too. It's a matter of time. 😉

Preferably in a Wonder Woman feature under the guidance of Patty. Makes sense...because we have not seen that before and they fit in each other's world easily...they could be like the Thor and Hulk of the DCEU with the Cap and Widow dynamic.
    Oh!! League of One please!!! That would be incredible! DCEU should be somewhat under the guidance of Patty period and Wonder Woman lead. I’ll take the build of the bestiebae with deep soul feelings 😉

Since WB no longer knows what to do with the Superman character, they will repurpose him as Diana's present day love interest from the 3rd WW film onwards. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Or more like was just 5 pages. How quickly this thread moves!
    Nope. Have not abandoned the thread at all.
    Thank God! I really enjoy reading your insightful analysis. 😉 Like this one...

One of the reasons I SM and WW resonated so much with me, especially Diana, was that whole inisider/outsider perspective that they bring. They are both individuals who inhabit multiple worlds. In Diana's case, that of an Amazon, a Princess, a divine creation (aka clay birth - gosh I miss this origin) or being a demigoddess, these parts of her all converge to form who she is while connecting and also isolating her at the same time. This was something I feel that George Perez (a writer I will remain glad that I came to learn of Wonder Woman's origin through) perfectly captures. Being part of different things but not quite belonging to anyone thing. While Diana was an Amazon she wasn't quite like the other Amazon's. Not only did her origin isolate her, her status as a Princess did as well. Her origin meant she was't like anyone else. She was able to have experiences that her other Amazon sisters couldn't quite relate to or understand. When out in "Man's World" she was once again isolated by her culture and her origin. As a clay origin, there tended to be focus on whether she was "a real woman" as if she didn't experience the same joys, pain, happiness, and many other emotions that made a person. The only difference was that as a trained Amazon she is not likely to give in to certain emotions as easily/quickly as a regular person.

Nevertheless, she was still a loving and compassionate individual who didn't quite belong to any one world. Same with Superman, Clark Kent, Kal-El. A being that had more humanity than humans themselves. He straddled the spheres of being the confident hero known as Superman, the farmboy Clark Kent and/or bumbling reporter based on the surrounding, and the kryptonian male Kal-el who encompassed the two aforementioned personas. As someone who considers herself a "quasi-immigrant" (US born but has a definitive non-western cultural identity and heritage), I find it offensive and insulting that Kal was made to be resentful or even dismissive of his Kryptonian side in order to fulfill the almost obsessive desire he had to pass as human. I relate to the insider/outsider experience as it is something I have experienced myself. Not quite belonging to any one world/sphere. Maybe it is one of the reasons why I gravitate a lot to George Perez's Wonder Woman, because Diana's naivete about certain things upon arriving to 'Man's World' and while being an Amazon, not being quite like the rest, were relatable.

Heritage is an important thing and is not something to be shunned or undermined. Especially for Kal, whose very existence is owed to the loving sacrifice of his birth parents. Ones heritage informs not just about our history, but it plays a part in who we are and/or become. Knowing ones self is important for identity and confidence building. Not to speak of the ideology that the rejection of Kal-El, the assertion of Clark Kent being all of who he is or that Superman's humanity is only acceptable/legitimate/credible as long as he is with a human love interest is not only an arrogant supposition, but it reeks heavily of prejudice. It says that a person is only acceptable as long as he/she confirms to the dominant culture of the particular society. Many a times in the past, in order to escape or lessen the chance of discrimination, a person of a different background married into the dominant culture in hopes of acceptance. It is this type of rejection of the "other" or that the "other" is only acceptable when they prove that they belong by conforming that I can not get with. Why anyone would think that this principle should be connected to Superman, something so diminishing escapes me.

Superman and Wonder Woman's connection are many. Their main one being the connection they formed from the understanding of knowing what it was like to inhabit different spheres while not belonging to anyone in particular. It was something organic and realistic. We connect with people many a times we are able to identify with. To have beings who are suppose to embody the principles of truth and inclusiveness rejecting any part of who they are seems contrary to the values they are supposed to espouse. Their core values were an inherent part of them instilled by their upbringing. It is meant to be an identifiable aspect of who they are. However, those who lack the understanding of this have twisted aspects of what made these characters who they were into something negative that should be shunned.
    Perfectly stated as usual, LadyP. Wish that among the people at WB/DC, there's someone that loves and gets the character as you do. Or at least that read here. 😅

As much as I would love to see KC adapted to the silver screen, I am not too anxious about it at the moment simply because I as stated, when done, it must be done correctly. The proper foundations and dynamics have yet to be established, not to speak of the people to be trusted to adapt such an iconic and well regarded body of work. DC/WB are just not ready to be entrusted with adapting KC in the near future.
    I have nightmares at the thought of what the current management would do adapting KC. 😰

Exactly, in response to the bolded and underlined part.

One can only hope with DC/WB. Because some of the contents I see released makes me really wonder and question.
    Heh that’s true. 🤔 Though shouldn’t it be telling that the current content isn’t being received as expected. Some things are pretty much middling, they should rethink whatever they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    When DC will no longer feel satisfied to milk just the DKverse, it will turn to KC too. It's a matter of time. 😉
    Can’t wait for Golden Child! Cross fingers it’s good!

Since WB no longer knows what to do with the Superman character, they will repurpose him as Diana's present day love interest from the 3rd WW film onwards. 🤣
    LOL! Nothing wrong with that!

When DC will no longer feel satisfied to milk just the DKverse, it will turn to KC too. It's a matter of time. ��
    May the angels say amen, my friend! Amen!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Can’t wait for Golden Child! Cross fingers it’s good!
    When is it supposed to come out? 2020? 😅

LOL! Nothing wrong with that!
    WB: "We don't know what to do with Superman."

Patty: "Give him to me, I will find him a better use."

WB: "Which one?"

Patty: "You'll see... hehe"

🤭

When is it supposed to come out? 2020? 😅
    Suppose to be this year, late though but 🤔...haven’t even heard anything about year one either?

WB: "We don't know what to do with Superman."

Patty: "Give him to me, I will find him a better use."

WB: "Which one?"

Patty: "You'll see... hehe"

🤭
    Perfect deal making convo 🤣