Page 166 of 410 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 6144

“Wonderfamily❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoREYdFuoh/

“My superhero...❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BujsrMmFUhx/

“United of DC🎭🎉🎶”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoRYIqDQXX/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    True but still very proud of the overall diverse representation of the fandom. Embracing, respecting and celebrating all. Being confident in one self and showing so much love and empowerment. This is what SMWW means. To connect and resonate with all.
    Well said. 👏

That isn’t exactly that hard. We already saw the threads with new52. Science and magic, Kal fitting into the world of Olympus as a God in his own right. Diana wanting to know more about Krypton, she even speaks the language fluently. Metropolis could be a base but Superman needs to travel outside. Be a blogger. Both of them actually need to travel and be more like globalist. Theymiscra is a work in progress in which Kal earns the trust of the Amazons and develop a son-in-law relationship with Hippplyta. It’s complicated of course and takes time but that’s the point of creativity.
    In theory it's feasible, with a bit of creativity and good will of the authors. Think about of all the recent attempts to connect the New Gods (sci-fi characters originated from the Superman's books) to Diana's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Thank you! They possess such a natural magnetism, complement each other so well that I am sure that from the first minute that she appeared it has also surfaced in the minds of readers; "Why are not they together?"
    And even if not, I'm sure that, years later, readers (and writers too) thought of it the first time they appeared together in the same story.

I agree, they will need an open minded writer and a very creative artist to make this work... the writer need to be "a fan of "Asimov, George R. R. Martin, God of War and Dungeon and Dragons!" Kkkkkkkkkkk

Well in new 52 the gods were well updated, connected to the present time, perhaps with the exception of Hera, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, the oldest and most averse to technology. I can imagine an alliance between Apollo and Luthor ... it would be interesting.
    I still wonder why no author has yet thought of a more obvious alliance between Lex Luthor... and Veronica Cale... you know, that character created to be a female Luthor. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I still wonder why no author has yet thought of a more obvious alliance between Lex Luthor... and Veronica Cale... you know, that character created to be a female Luthor. ��
    Because Veronica Cale is a very poor character, a weak copy of Luthor, she would add nothing to the story. Veronica lacks a personality of her own! In fact the WW villain gallery is one of the weakest in the comic books, which is a reflection of the lack of interest and respect that DC has for Diana and also the lack of strength of her fans... And let's add to this the fact that DC avoids stories between SM and WW more than the devil avoids the cross.

But let's be positive again, even if I consider positive criticism that are made to improve the quality of the stories of their heroes are valid and important ... GOOD MORNING, MY DEAR FRIENDS!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuruKdaB...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-19-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Because Veronica Cale is a very poor character, a weak copy of Luthor, she would add nothing to the story. Veronica lacks a personality of her own! In fact the WW villain gallery is one of the weakest in the comic books, which is a reflection of the lack of interest and respect that DC has for Diana and also the lack of strength of her fans... And let's add to this the fact that DC avoids stories between SM and WW more than the devil avoids the cross.
    I find that a lots of her villains have the potential to be even biggest threats for the larger DCU, them being "weak villains" is just the writers' fault to not see the potential.

But let's be positive again, even if I consider positive criticism that are made to improve the quality of the stories of their heroes are valid and important ... GOOD MORNING, MY DEAR FRIENDS!

For some reason I'm getting hungry again. 😋

I find that a lots of her villains have the potential to be even biggest threats for the larger DCU, them being "weak villains" is just the writers' fault to not see the potential.
    The writers do not even bother to see the greatness of WW herself! Always weaken her, always diminish her, always limit her! For me a sine qua non factor to being a WW writer is to turn her into what she really is: the greatest, most powerful and most striking heroine of all the comic universe! Being below, and very slightly below, only to SM in question of brute force and speed only since under normal conditions of temperature and pressure the male of the species is stronger than the female, but overcoming him in fighting skills and, perhaps, intelligence. The last writer who did this was Azzarello and since he left all the writers went to great lengths to weaken her in all respects.

For some reason I'm getting hungry again. ��
    Me too!!! Kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Well said. 👏
    😉

In theory it's feasible, with a bit of creativity and good will of the authors. Think about of all the recent attempts to connect the New Gods (sci-fi characters originated from the Superman's books) to Diana's world.
    In general some of the connections just aren’t going to connect period. And if a writer has to resort to contrivantly changing a character just to make thing work and connect. With SMWW that’s not the case, all it is, is the creativity and good will.

I still wonder why no author has yet thought of a more obvious alliance between Lex Luthor... and Veronica Cale... you know, that character created to be a female Luthor. 😅
    This is what we are talking about. It’s all right there. The connections are made naturally from the beginning. Stop shying away and looking over it. SMH... The amount of years of stories DC has lost with SMWW as a concept is baffling.

Good Morning, Deia! What a lovely post! I see in the caption the poster mistook SMWW as Marvel charcters. That seems to happen a lot. However, it’s very telling that despite company confusion, SMWW is still joined together 😉

This. Writers are so focused on “grounding” and making Wonder Woman’s (and Superman’s) worlds/POVs smaller, they cut the potential. Some of Diana’s villains are powerful mythical beings, that alone is already more threatening than a clown and a one trick pony troll.

The writers do not even bother to see the greatness of WW herself! Always weaken her, always diminish her, always limit her! For me a sine qua non factor to being a WW writer is to turn her into what she really is: the greatest, most powerful and most striking heroine of all the comic universe! Being below, and very slightly below, only to SM in question of brute force and speed only since under normal conditions of temperature and pressure the male of the species is stronger than the female, but overcoming him in fighting skills and, perhaps, intelligence. The last writer who did this was Azzarello and since he left all the writers went to great lengths to weaken her in all respects.
    This post remind me that the saddest part of being a SM/WW fan is that we don't have to complain just about the treatment of their friendship/romance but also of them as individual chatacters/franchises. We can't have nice things. 😅

This post remind me that the saddest part of being a SM/WW fan is that we don't have to complain just about the treatment of their friendship/romance but also of them as individual chatacters/franchises. We can't have nice things.
    Oh my... we are doomed! But the best part of be SMWW fan is that we have the best fandom ever!!!!! Here cute kiddies for make our day happier! They are ready to fight the boredom and sadness that strike our days!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ButRKAKg...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurlukuH...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuqaljjF...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-19-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Oh my... we are doomed! But the best part of be SMWW fan is that we have the best fandom ever!!!!! Here cute kiddies for make our day happier! They are ready to fight the boredom and sadness that strike our days!

Adorable kiddies!!! I really love the confidence, happiness and the smiles or funny faces 🤣 They are having so much fun! So carefree.

Lol Superkid in the 2nd pic isn’t playing 🤣 Bullies are shaking!

I call it Destiny, and I call it with a capital letter ... Superman was created before Wonder Woman, with a whole apparatus, mythology, support cast and everything well rounded, perfect to support without the need of anything outside ... here comes, a few years later, Wonder Woman ... different mythology, different support cast, everything round too, until by a coincidence of Destiny they meet, there begins the magic, the chemistry of both works well and , suddenly, boom! The ensembles unite and create an intersection that is born of its own accord, the SMWW set, which can not be fully controlled by DC, artists and writers as it is enhanced by the fans.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are not just mere soul mates. If you look up the definition of soul mates...it implies we all have several of those. Because many people are here to teach us many life lessons, including all your lovers. Lana and Lori are just as vital as Lois and Steve in the grand scheme of things because they teach certain lessons but if someone is stuck in one phase that is not real growth. Not really. There is ONE Divine compliment. Your Beloved. And it is the toughest relationship to maybe even achieve and it might never even happen in most people's lifetimes or over many lifetimes we might live. It sometimes can even elude you because of timing and circumstance because the two beings have their own stuff going on. You are truly challenged to grow and become the best you can be and fulfill all your potential by this relationship. The Beloved is extremely rare, it is selfless, it is more concerned about the world than self because together these two people can truly change the world and inspire the world. So duty supercedes their own comfort. It happens often when least expected. Sometimes late in life when you most understand yourself and who you are. It goes beyond fairy tales. It is a call and will never stop until it is realized even if it takes many lifetimes. Superman and Wonder Woman are like this. They have slowly worked towards each other of their own volition via their stories and chemistry and the moving the fans to put them together because of their bond. Sometimes allies, sometimes bestfriends, sometimes lovers, but the core is truth, trust, faith...to be the best they can be for all of us. Not each other only. They were not just written as love interests. Given it on a platter and DC told us here...they are the greatest love story because DC make them make eyes at each other, kiss , talk a lot of wishy washy stuff about needing each other and being broken without each other. In fact that is the antithesis of the Beloved that you will be broken for each other or worse off without each other. It goes to show you the Beloved is a special rare relationship and when it happens...there is an explosion of love, self awareness, truth, fulfilling ones potential, not holding back at all, not hiding, not restraining, being what you are. It is being your authentic self with another and these couples change the world for the better by example to others and they are looked up to. And they actually LIVE. They earn their laurels by living life. Kingdom Come in a way encapsulates this relationship type.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-07-2019 at 08:53 AM.

All these superwonder babies have me melting. The greatest thing is the strength and attitude in their poses...the empowerment we see they feel in their stances when dressed as these characters.

This is what we should teach our babies. And there is purity and innocence in babies who understand joy and embody truth. Anyone recalls the adorable little girl who asked Amy Adams why Superman isn't with Wonder Woman? It isn't that the baby was not informed or needed to know lore but the baby knew in her mind that it made sense to her. In fact most children when they play will always put superman and wonder woman together. I know I did and I did based on the Superfriends and the fact they always seemed together and seemed to compliment the other as a team. I never much thought about too much once I grew up because I was not into comics even if I did look at tv and movies. It was when I picked up comics I was once again struck that what i thought as a child resonated and it was right and the fact the characters has temperaments that make them connect made me wonder why in the world wasn't this happening. And it was a wonderful thing to see it gradually coming to pass before my eyes because it is probably the most logical , natural couple than anything DC wants to force or tell us should be.

Sad but true . And I will also say Superman has gotten dumber since the new 52. Fact if we are honest Superman is dumber in movies, and tv just for certain factors to work to "humanize" him.

��

This. Writers are so focused on “grounding” and making Wonder Woman’s (and Superman’s) worlds/POVs smaller, they cut the potential. Some of Diana’s villains are powerful mythical beings, that alone is already more threatening than a clown and a one trick pony troll.
    All these Deus ex machina like type villains who just reset times and need their name said backwards...or dumb brutes so he can die...when Kal could be sometimes face Gods and warrior types showing us how powerful and smart he is. Sometimes it isn't all about brute force too. Most people liked the Superman v Apollo and Diana v Zod/Faora. It amuses me how some would swallow Batman dodging omega beams and beating down New Gods or other humans without an iota of training beating up Furies or going in with mere guns to face them but yet have issues with Superman able to stand up to an Olympian or Diana able to take on a Kryptonian.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-07-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman are not just mere soul mates. If you look up the definition of soul mates...it implies we all have several of those. Because many people are here to teach us many life lessons, including all your lovers. Lana and Lori are just as vital as Lois and Steve in the grand scheme of things because they teach certain lessons but if someone is stuck in one phase that is not real growth. Not really. There is ONE Divine compliment. Your Beloved. And it is the toughest relationship to maybe even achieve and it might never even happen in most people's lifetimes or over many lifetimes we might live. It sometimes can even elude you because of timing and circumstance because the two beings have their own stuff going on. You are truly challenged to grow and become the best you can be and fulfill all your potential by this relationship. The Beloved is extremely rare, it is selfless, it is more concerned about the world than self because together these two people can truly change the world and inspire the world. So duty supercedes their own comfort. It happens often when least expected. Sometimes late in life when you most understand yourself and who you are. It goes beyond fairy tales. It is a call and will never stop until it is realized even if it takes many lifetimes. Superman and Wonder Woman are like this. They have slowly worked towards each other of their own volition via their stories and chemistry and the moving the fans to put them together because of their bond. Sometimes allies, sometimes bestfriends, sometimes lovers, but the core is truth, trust, faith...to be the best they can be for all of us. Not each other only. They were not just written as love interests. Given it on a platter and DC told us here...they are the greatest love story because DC make them make eyes at each other, kiss , talk a lot of wishy washy stuff about needing each other and being broken without each other. In fact that is the antithesis of the Beloved that you will be broken for each other or worse off without each other. It goes to show you the Beloved is a special rare relationship and when it happens...there is an explosion of love, self awareness, truth, fulfilling ones potential, not holding back at all, not hiding, not restraining, being what you are. It is being your authentic self with another and these couples change the world for the better by example to others and they are looked up to. And they actually LIVE. They earn their laurels by living life. Kingdom Come in a way encapsulates this relationship type.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    All these superwonder babies have me melting. The greatest thing is the strength and attitude in their poses...the empowerment we see they feel in their stances when dressed as these characters.

This is what we should teach our babies. And there is purity and innocence in babies who understand joy and embody truth. Anyone recalls the adorable little girl who asked Amy Adams why Superman isn't with Wonder Woman? It isn't that the baby was not informed or needed to know lore but the baby knew in her mind that it made sense to her. In fact most children when they play will always put superman and wonder woman together. I know I did and I did based on the Superfriends and the fact they always seemed together and seemed to compliment the other as a team. I never much thought about too much once I grew up because I was not into comics even if I did look at tv and movies. It was when I picked up comics I was once again struck that what i thought as a child resonated and it was right and the fact the characters has temperaments that make them connect made me wonder why in the world wasn't this happening. And it was a wonderful thing to see it gradually coming to pass before my eyes because it is probably the most logical , natural couple than anything DC wants to force or tell us should be.

Whew...the reads!!! 👏 ALL OF THIS is what makes Superman and Wonder Woman’s dynamic such the stand out to the wider audience that it is. They didn’t even have dialogue in DCEU, yet many couples still just automatically wanted to see them interact together. Many dressed as them be it cosplays (cons or themed parties, birthdays), holidays, very special moments/milestones in their lives as their engagements and weddings. These characters have existed for 80 years but it hasn’t been all peachy keen. It’s not just because superficial reasons this is what people should accept and love. You can’t force narratives. It has to naturally connect and resonate. This relationship has earned what it is from the many years of natural development. Superman and Wonder Woman actually digs deep within and the questions of why this relationship should be cared for and matter are answered in such a deep poetic meaningful way. This also goes back to the “inconvenient love” theme we’ve talked about before.

Last edited by LoveStar; 03-07-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Whew...the reads!!! �� ALL OF THIS is what makes Superman and Wonder Woman’s dynamic such the stand out to the wider audience that it is. They didn’t even have dialogue in DCEU, yet many couples still just automatically wanted to see them interact together. Many dressed as them be it cosplays (cons or themed parties, birthdays), holidays, very special moments/milestones in their lives as their engagements and weddings. These charcters have existed for 80 years but it hasn’t been all peachy keen. It’s not just because superficial reasons this is what people should accept and love. You can’t force narratives. It has to naturally connect and resonate. This relationship has earned what it is from the many years of natural development. Superman and Wonder Woman actually digs deep within and the questions of why this relationship should be cared for and matter are answered in such a deep poetic meaningful way.

Most relationships we read or see are of the romantic- co-dependent love a Partnership like the Beloved is when two complete individuals come together. There is no emotional crippling of one for the other to be relevant. eg Diana would never allow Superman to sit on his butt for her while others die or let others die to save her and he would know that. It is a higher kind of self awareness and selfless love. Soule played with this in his run about duty and the world coming first etc. So even in a younger love they understood some of these things but they would have needed to grow more together to be rounded as individuals. This we never got to see because they killed him and then wiped her out. But even to the end...they demonstrated the kind of love the Beloved entailed. Be in the nuclear reactor or when he died in her arms...she understood what the essence of them together meant.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-07-2019 at 10:01 AM.