Page 18 of 410 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Daily SuperWonder Cosplay!

“Hey Universe.. We're ready for you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsTl7rmHgnM/

“❤️SUPER FAMILY💙🤘😎👍
    🎬NEW #justiceleague MOVIE COMING SOON🤗”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsV2mFuBgk4/

LOL! No one touches Diana’s coffee nor ice cream!

“*caption this* #wonderwomanvssuperman
    @vicariouscosplay says: "what did I tell you about drinking my coffe..."
    Me: this is what she wants to do to me for holding back this cool pick from her for so long.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsS6UAfDIfz/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New SM/WW art at auction by Gil Sabas:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...8/382715380581

Drawing by Nicola Weir inspired by Neal Adams:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJS_VzgKEK/

SM/WW art at auction by Pol Nino:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...8/382714878280
    OH my art of our couple is always so gorgeous!!!! The new 52 one makes me feel all wistful.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    First 2 I think so... third...I’m not sure? I thought that was fanart but it’s a very popular fanart if so.
    The third is actually an image that we first encountered from a couple's tee design I think from either Indonesia or the Philippines several years back. And it seems it has remained popular and gotten different printings. It was the first to use the lasso in such a fun creative way for a his and hers couples' short and then we began to see other his and her tees with sm and ww and the lasso tethering them. Those no doubt inspired by that first one. So this was a SMWW idea. I think I even saw Batcat his and her take inspiration from it recently with CW's whip tethering BM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    OH my art of our couple is always so gorgeous!!!! The new 52 one makes me feel all wistful.
    Right! 😍 Gil Sabas pieces have all been so beautiful especially with the softness of the colors.
    New52 loves were stunted...so much potential wasted.

The third is actually an image that we first encountered from a couple's tee design I think from either Indonesia or the Philippines several years back. And it seems it has remained popular and gotten different printings. It was the first to use the lasso in such a fun creative way for a his and hers couples' short and then we began to see other his and her tees with sm and ww and the lasso tethering them. Those no doubt inspired by that first one. So this was a SMWW idea. I think I even saw Batcat his and her take inspiration from it recently with CW's whip tethering BM.
    Oh wow! Never knew that! I love it more because of the continuous popularity the image has gain. It’s so adorably sweet and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post

It's called bias and propaganda at work. Because it is such a natural thing for them that it is questionable when it isn't so. We've seen it in bits and pieces through AUs and early on in the post crisis era when SM and WW were having "intense" dreams and thoughts about one another. ��
    DC and its hypocrisy never fails. ��
    Of course. It's because it is trite, cliched,and out dated troupe that non humans or aliens all need to somehow be civilized by humanity. I dunno,, but the world has humans walking the earth for 200, 000 years and the more civilized and learned they become they still mange to screw up the planet. Greed, wars, famine, xenophobia, racism, prejudice, hunger, civil war. genocide. slavery, rape, human trafficking, drug trade, cruelty to animals, children, this insatiable desire for fame and fortune rather than valuing goodness and compassion...nothing has changed has it really if we are honest. So all this meta is bad commentary by DC and humans are the bestest is actually pretty much erroneous. Humans have shown they are prone to commit the same mistakes over and over all through history and for all their advances they make a right mess. Clark and Diana I look at them as two of many different beings in a vast universe. I don't ever assume that they are better or worse than anyone else. The DCU is peppered by beings older and wiser and humanity is in their baby stages compared to them. Everyone has something they can learn from each other. I enjoy Hal with the Corps but it does not mean he is above them. Arthur and Mera have proved they have a love and story worth a billion. The fact they are equals in every way helps I am sure. For me the lessons Clark and Diana can learn from each other is far greater, more challenging which is why I prefer them together.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-07-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Of course. It's because it is trite, cliched,and out dated troupe that non humans or aliens all need to somehow be civilized by humanity. I dunno,, but the world has humans walking the earth for 200, 000 years and the more civilized and learned they become they still mange to screw up the planet. Greed, wars, famine, xenophobia, racism, prejudice, hunger, civil war. genocide. slavery, rape, human trafficking, drug trade, cruelty to animals, children, this insatiable desire for fame and fortune rather than valuing goodness and compassion...nothing has changed has it really if we are honest. So all this meta is bad commentary by DC and humans are the bestest is actually pretty much erroneous. Humans have shown they are prone to commit the same mistakes over and over all through history and for all their advances they make a right mess. Clark and Diana I look at them as one of many different beings in a vast universe. I don't ever assume that they are better or worse than anyone else. The DCU is peppered by beings older and wiser and humanity is in their baby stages compared to them. Everyone has something they can learn from each other. I enjoy Hal with the Corps but it does not mean he is above them. Arthur and Mera have proved they have a love and story worth a billion. The fact they are equals in every way helps I am sure. For me the lessons Clark and Diana can learn from each other is far greater, more challenging which is why I prefer them together.
    In ways, Arthur/Mera and Kal/Diana are a bit similar with their dynamic. Mera helps Arthur embrace his “otherness”, accepting his rightful place as King to bring the both of his worlds (land and sea) together. This kind of dynamic is resonating more by the larger general audience because more and more people in reality are embracing that kind of mindset of their own to celebrate, be more open, and enjoy all of who they are.

There’s a difference between human and humane and I believe that’s where the disconnect comes from when it comes to talking about humanity, and this obsession with grounding and trying to be a human.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-07-2019 at 07:55 PM.

“❤️SUPER FAMILY��������
    ��NEW #justiceleague MOVIE COMING SOON��”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsV2mFuBgk4/
    OMG. Look at that little cutie. SuperDaddy's girl.

In ways, Arthur/Mera and Kal/Diana are a bit similar with their dynamic. Mera helps Arthur embrace his “otherness”, accepting his rightful place as King to bring the both of his worlds (land and sea) together. This kind of dynamic is resonating more by the larger general audience because more and more people in reality are embracing that kind of mindset of their own to celebrate, be more open, and enjoy all of who they are.

There’s a difference between human and humane and I believe that’s where the disconnect comes from when it comes to talking about humanity, and this obsession with grounding and trying to be a human.
    Exactly. And I'd say SMWW are about embracing all worlds. Not just two. In Kingdom Come we see after 1000 years the Federation of Planets and Legion etc. This is what SM and WW as characters who have longevity would work towards. Bridging and bringing together different races and beings together. Life does not even begin to get interesting for the likes of Clark and Diana when most average human begins look to retire. The work would have just begun for them and I foresee them travelling off world eventually, exploring the stars, once their children grow up and they feel sufficiently confident the earth would be looked after by other heroes in their absence and the threats to the earth are minimal. Diana's whole thing is about being an emissary, she's been a diplomat and in many JL stories it was often Superman and Wonder Woman who would go on the diplomatic missions due to their temperaments and skills in negotiating etc. She is perfect for travel with Clark. There is no stretch to the imagination for this to happen. They are qualified for this. They have the stamina for it. She is his equal. You bet he won't have to be fretting about her and leaving stuff to go save her. She'd be a good space pilot too as we have seen her manned ships all the time. All in all, this makes the most sense. They won't just be vacationing but working too for the greater good.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Exactly. And I'd say SMWW are about embracing all worlds. Not just two. In Kingdom Come we see after 1000 years the Federation of Planets and Legion etc. This is what SM and WW as characters who have longevity would work towards. Bridging and bringing together different races and beings together. Life does not even begin to get interesting for the likes of Clark and Diana when most average human begins look to retire. The work would have just begun for them and I foresee them travelling off world eventually, exploring the stars, once their children grow up and they feel sufficiently confident the earth would be looked after by other heroes in their absence and the threats to the earth are minimal. Diana's whole thing is about being an emissary, she's been a diplomat and in many JL stories it was often Superman and Wonder Woman who would go on the diplomatic missions due to their temperaments and skills in negotiating etc. She is perfect for travel with Clark. There is no stretch to the imagination for this to happen. They are qualified for this. They have the stamina for it. She is his equal. You bet he won't have to be fretting about her and leaving stuff to go save her. She'd be a good space pilot too as we have seen her manned ships all the time. All in all, this makes the most sense. They won't just be vacationing but working too for the greater good.
    This is exactly the kind of stories needed, Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to be THE hero charcters that give a wider diverse view. They are suppose to be the ones that lead (not dictate) lead to a better and greater unity not just of the people of earth but otherworldly beings as well. Universal peace and love 🤗

What I loved so much about Vol. 1 is that it addressed exactly that.

Of course they will protect each other and have each other’s backs but their main focus is on what’s to be done.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-07-2019 at 08:28 PM.

This is exactly the kind of stories needed, Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to be THE hero charcters that give a wider diverse view. They are suppose to be the ones that lead (not dictate) lead to a better and greater unity not just of the people of earth but otherworldly beings as well. Universal peace and love ��

What I loved so much about Vol. 1 is that it addressed exactly that.

Of course they will protect each other and have each other’s backs but their main focus is on what’s to be done.
    Their Duty. It's always been the case. Even when things get tough. You'd never see Diana allowing Clark to slack off from what he swore to uphold or give up or stop him from going into battle etc.

She expects me to be my best self.

That I think is the jist of the quote from the Superman Scholastic ...re Diana. I have to find it. If anyone can, please post it...but yeah.

Their Duty. It's always been the case. Even when things get tough. You'd never see Diana allowing Clark to slack off from what he swore to uphold or give up or stop him from going into battle etc.

She expects me to be my best self.

That I think is the jist of the quote from the Superman Scholastic ...re Diana. I have to find it. If anyone can, please post it...but yeah.
    I recall the quote you are reffering to. Will find it 😉👍

And exactly! That’s what SMWW is about period. Being best of one self. There is nothing wrong with that. Who seriously would want to hold themselves back because of another’s insecurity? Belittling one self just to fit in to one society acceptance? That’s the total opposite of the message of what Superman and Wonder Woman represent and stand for.

Lol Diana would get mad if he even had the thought of slacking off. That’s what it means and what they learn about about making sacrifices as well.

Mera and Diana help their companions to accept themselves, to recognize their dual nature and to be a balanced whole, no conflict between land and sea for Arthur and between Clark / Kal / Superman (thank God beside Diana we do not have that stupid foolishness the "love triangle of two"), so that next to Diana Superman becomes really super ... when he has a woman who really understands him and does not want to cement him by his side he grows up as a man and a hero!
    This obsession of grounding heroes is a deep complex of inferiority that some “humans” have, it is pure fear of the unknown, fear of losing control!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ok...now we need this cross over for sure!!! 🤣
    I can't imagine anyone at DC pitching it. 😁

🤫
    🤐

Yeah I knew they Neal Adams images were homages to his own older covers... I believe SMWW was actually on 4 of them.
    Yeah, they were on the variant covers of Martian Manhunter, WW, a JL special and SM/WW (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    now let's agree that with Diana and Kal the picture was better!
    And more popular too, judging by how much the one with WW is reproduced or used for pop-art paintings. 😎

LOL! No one touches Diana’s coffee nor ice cream!

“*caption this* #wonderwomanvssuperman
    @vicariouscosplay says: "what did I tell you about drinking my coffe..."
    Me: this is what she wants to do to me for holding back this cool pick from her for so long.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsS6UAfDIfz/
    Oh, another Superman who is beaten up by his Wonder Girlfriend/Wife... that's domestic abuse, you can't keep deny it. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Very cool picture!!!! Thanks!