Page 184 of 410 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 6144

Justice League Action Wonder Woman Top 10 Moments!

Number 1 is Diana saving Kal and Luther from the black hole. Loved Kal saying they need a “miracle” and “there she is now” reffering to Diana. 🤗

This show was great and fun. Diana was respected, a powerhouse as she should be, was fierce, and had the spirit of new52 Diana. Her relationship with Kal was as it should be, nice balance of bestiebae vibes
    Last edited by LoveStar; 03-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    New 52 SM and WW still around eh?

After what read for Rebirth color me excited to see a writer that is fearless and not operating on nostalgia or conservative troupes. I personally do not care for a Superman that is stuck in the Donner era. Miller is a writer that is one of the few left at DC that is from a select few that did stellar work in comics, that defined properties, left legacies, wrote not because he wants fans to like him or pandering but because he has a story to tell. All the vanilla takes on Superman, by some who are too scared to offend the traditionalists or upset the apple cart because they can't move the character on...they won't be remembered. Whether you like Miller or not, fans feel his impact and that is powerful. The fact he sees Superman more in line with Moses and as a God tamed and seems to understand it is multiple factors that create the hero Superman will become and not one thing or person...that alone has me very happy and willing to give Year One a try. The fact Miller sees Diana's value in Superman's life...I have respect for that. Because we have some writers who show no respect for her...even as Clark's dear friend they treat her as subpar or not worth even being around. But Batman and others...oh sure. Also Miller rightfully wants to challenge the government stooge who flag waved just to keep the status quo and who is embraced because he flag waves. Some might not like that...but it is valid critique by Miller of a character that DC themselves stagnate. And yes Superman's role in DK3 was way better than many of the stuff I read over the years where he is painted as the dumb flying winking brick.
    All I can say at THIS point is that I’m taking a “wait and see” position. I can agree with you on the whole nostalgia thing.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Cute little personalized figures

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvE-FzFg0EC/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Success"...hehehe.

Evil, lol. 😈

God damn it DC.

What are you waiting for!!!??? I do not know honestly what this company needs marketing research wise...or data to see that SMWW is actually a big seller, has potential to sell more etc. Many classic couples do not sell the amt of merch smww does. Those same classic couples are only where they are because DC pushed because that was what they thought people expected..not because they were so profitable. There are way too many options and media platforms now for DC to be forcing the same story and troupes down our throats everywhere. Please give SMWW fans something concrete and stop taking away what they have ( eg the way animation steals). IF they ever adapt more of the DK universe and they mistreat with Wonder Woman or ignore her place in the story the fans will be furious. We will riot if they did that for a KC adaption too. lol
    They were starting doing something in the animation (DCAU, JL: Action) but the moment the comics went in another direction they followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Can’t believe the very first live action Justice League movie, and it was a mess. 🤨
    An embarrassment. But WB will probably try again to make a JL movie down the line. 😰

LOL right?! It really doesn’t make any sense. The “classic” couples should be profitable but none of them have had the merch, SMWW has had or very little of it. SMWW has pretty much hit all bases in marketing without being “classic” or “traditional” in the sense some expect. It’s right there, the potential audience themselves is showing what interests them daily.
    The "classic" couples are barely marketable except of Bat/Cat.

SM/WW is turning into the most "iconic" superhero pair in certain areas like merch while in others still struggle to be recognized.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-17-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They were starting doing something in the animation (DCAU, JL: Action) but the moment the comics went in another direction they followed suit.
    We have starts but it always comes to a halt and go backwards because unjustifiable reasons. 🙄

An embarrassment. But WB will probably try again to make a JL movie down the line. 😰
    The need to actually take heed to the problems instead of gloasing over as well as trying to keep forcing out dated stuff.

The "classic" couples are barely marketable except of Bat/Cat.

SM/WW is turning into the most "iconic" superhero pair in certain areas like merch while in others still struggle to be recognized.

But why? One would think if others are such “classics” wouldn’t they not only be marketable but even more marketable than SMWW? The excuse is that they are of different franchises, so being in the same franchise and “traditional” should be an advantage.

But I would not want the likes of some of the current writers at DC handle his characters or world. It should be a verse not constrained by editors or mandates that throw the stories off etc. Let earth 31 do its own thing. Mind you we could have crossover of the multiple earths. I would love for a younger Lara to meet Damien Wayne. They both headstrong and bratty. That could be fun. I have to wait to see how they do Jonathan's personality. As baby he seemed in tune to what was going on around him. Was crying in battle in the beginning then seemed to look like he was having the ride of his life. Part of me would have loved to see Azzarello continue on Jonathan ...maybe we could get an earth 31 ongoing same way they had earth 2 or digital firsts like Justice League Beyond , Injustice etc etc
    An ongoing doen't seem likely, but spin-off miniseries and graphic novels are what we should expect from that 'verse. And I'm sure that sooner or later, it'll be the turn of KC to be expanded with new stories.

SuperWonder Cosplay!

“Look! Wonder Woman and Superman landed in Fahrenheit88.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvD0Sf7g3PD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCrplTnVty/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFDCHHFu-O/

We have starts but it always comes to a halt and go backwards because unjustifiable reasons. 🙄
    Still baby steps.

The need to actually take heed to the problems instead of gloasing over as well as trying to keep forcing out dated stuff.
    The main problem of JL was that WB rushed to it without a proper build up because they were confident that as long they had Batman leading it everything would be fine.

But why? One would think if others are such “classics” wouldn’t they not only be marketable but even more marketable than SMWW? The excuse is that they are of different franchises, so being in the same franchise and “traditional” should be an advantage.
    Not really. SM and WW are the ultimate male and female superheroes, you can't have a better pair than that for merch.

Still baby steps.
    They been taking baby steps for a while LOL

The main problem of JL was that WB rushed to it without a proper build up because they were confident that as long they had Batman leading it everything would be fine.
    Exactly... not everything relies on Batman. 🙄 They needed strong natural build up and dynamics that actually work.

Not really. SM and WW are the ultimate male and female superheroes, you can't have a better pair than that for merch.
    The “Mother and Father of the Superhero genre” and The “King and Queen of Modern Mythology”. Yes! 🤗
    But it’s also more than that, it’s their history together that resonates as well even if people don’t know, it’s still somehow conveyed

An ongoing doen't seem likely, but spin-off miniseries and graphic novels are what we should expect from that 'verse. And I'm sure that sooner or later, it'll be the turn of KC to be expanded with new stories.
    The bolded.
    That's actually troubling to me. Because unless Alex Ross is at the helm of it, I don't want anybody currently part of this Rebirth creative team touching KC even with a ten feet pole.
    I'm just utterly disgusted with Rebirth and the continued disrespect to Diana. Superman to me is just a lost cause.

The problematic narrative DC has continued to push has me turned off just about completely from them. With regards to Superman, having him denying Kal-El while acting as if Clark Kent is all he really is, is offensive to me. It hits too close to western xenophobic ideology of hating/being fearful of "the other." In this case, as long as Clark continues to pass as a white western male, attached to a white western female he is acceptable per DC's pov.

For Diana, her "otherness" is only acceptable when she is with the white 'All American' male (per white nationalist: blond and blue-eyed) that is Steve Trevor. Who to add to his list of acceptability is in the military, and is there to be Diana's guide since evidently, according to DC, she is unable to do much without his guidance.

For my peace of mind, I would rather DC stays far away from KC until they have a mindset shift. Because the one they currently have is problematic and tone deaf.
    They seem to have completely lost the essence of who Superman and Wonder Woman are. They have forgotten these are supposed to be inspirational characters who had and are suppose to have depth to them. Their "otherness" plays a big part in who they are. It is a compelling aspect of them.

“When your man is Super and your dog is Super, life is Wonderful!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHrAAwlou7/

LOL baby fell asleep but seems the parents still wanted a pick with Superman and Wonder Woman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvF9LFCF8Xt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvGpDdOnjWU/

Oh bother. They were riding too much on the Batman fanboy wagon and forgot not everyone is a band wagon joiner. There are people who actually value proper and organic development.

Exactly... not everything relies on Batman. 🙄 They needed strong natural build up and dynamics that actually work.

The “Mother and Father of the Superhero genre” and The “King and Queen of Modern Mythology”. Yes! 🤗
    But it’s also more than that, it’s their history together that resonates as well even if people don’t know, it’s still somehow conveyed
    You would think both of these things would be obvious. Honestly, I am tired of the whole thing.
    How can a company be so clueless or is it plain willful obtuseness I wonder?

They been taking baby steps for a while LOL
    SM/WW:

They didn't really trusted the other characters back then. 🙄

It's a lots of different things for different people, depending on how much they are into comics. It could be their history, iconography, what they represents, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    The bolded.
    That's actually troubling to me. Because unless Alex Ross is at the helm of it, I don't want anybody currently part of this Rebirth creative team touching KC even with a ten feet pole.
    I'm just utterly disgusted with Rebirth and the continued disrespect to Diana. Superman to me is just a lost cause.

The problematic narrative DC has continued to push has me turned off just about completely from them. With regards to Superman, having him denying Kal-El while acting as if Clark Kent is all he really is, is offensive to me. It hits too close to western xenophobic ideology of hating/being fearful of "the other." In this case, as long as Clark continues to pass as a white western male, attached to a white western female he is acceptable per DC's pov.

For Diana, her "otherness" is only acceptable when she is with the white 'All American' male (per white nationalist: blond and blue-eyed) that is Steve Trevor. Who to add to his list of acceptability is in the military, and is there to be Diana's guide since evidently, according to DC, she is unable to do much without his guidance.

For my peace of mind, I would rather DC stays far away from KC until they have a mindset shift. Because the one they currently have is problematic and tone deaf.
    They seem to have completely lost the essence of who Superman and Wonder Woman are. They have forgotten these are supposed to be inspirational characters who had and are suppose to have depth to them. Their "otherness" plays a big part in who they are. It is a compelling aspect of them.

I understand your concern and I say that, for our peace of mind, DC should be away from SM and WW as a couple... in Miller I still trust but in others.... Nops

The bolded.

You would think both of these things would be obvious. Honestly, I am tired of the whole thing.
    How can a company be so clueless or is it plain willful obtuseness I wonder?
    Nothing but facts and that’s so unfortunate.

Superman and Wonder Woman’s “otherness” is a burden for the writers because they don’t try to understand fully if at all. So it’s easy to write Kal and Diana as changing to conform to their ways they accept and understand more while making it seem like who they truly are is bad. It’s disrespectful really.

SM/WW:

The unfortunate accuracy 🙄

They didn't really trusted the other characters back then. 🙄

I believe it’s not, not trusting the character, it’s not trust their own creativeness which they are very lazy to actually put effort in.

It's a lots of different things for different people, depending on how much they are into comics. It could be their history, iconography, what they represents, etc.
    Dc wants this diverse audience but yet doesn’t utilize the very concept that can reach this audience. LOL smh