Page 192 of 410 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 6144

SuperWonder Cosplay in celebration of the Jewish holiday, Purim!

“Happy Purim🎭”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvTyd_wlZuY/

“Wonder or Super ,this is our PURIM 🎭”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSTbPVBX6u/

“PURIM 2019 !!!! 🌟✨”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSRjrGgnMh/

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree and this is why Those in Charge of DC will NEVER permit such a story, AU or otherwise, to take place. They are deeply, and rightly. worried it might undermine their present status quo.
    Yes... but I wonder... is our fault if the present moment is not exactly what the current status quote want? I think the answer is no, in fact I am sure that the answer is no. The world is big enough for both versions. The two versions of the couples, considering the present WW partner, would be interesting and very healthy for everyone! Different versions, creativity on the loose ... each one chose what suited them best and, I guarantee, many would choose both. This supposed "war between fans" obviously has made DC lose more than win.

I agree and this is why Those in Charge of DC will NEVER permit such a story, AU or otherwise, to take place. They are deeply, and rightly. worried it might undermine their present status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Yes... but I wonder... is our fault if the present moment is not exactly what the current status quote want? I think the answer is no, in fact I am sure that the answer is no. The world is big enough for both versions. The two versions of the couples, considering the present WW partner, would be interesting and very healthy for everyone! Different versions, creativity on the loose ... each one chose what suited them best and, I guarantee, many would choose both. This supposed "war between fans" obviously has made DC lose more than win.

What’s there to worry about? If one concept is so beloved and the most popular...so what if there is an alternative? Not everybody likes the same. We aren’t going to love and accept what’s forced as the only way just because something this petty. If both concepts are a success and makes money, why not have both? If one makes more over the other and has more interested, oh well, it is what it is. But it’s just not the business to refuse a concept that has actually proven to be a success in itself just because worrying about their preferred comfort might not be able to hold interest as it should regardless of whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

What’s there to worry about? If one concept is so beloved and the most popular...so what if there is an alternative? Not everybody likes the same. We aren’t going to love and accept what’s forced as the only way just because something this petty. If both concepts are a success and makes money, why not have both? If one makes more over the other and has more interested, oh well, it is what it is. But it’s just not the business to refuse a concept that has actually proven to be a success in itself just because worrying about their preferred comfort might not be able to hold interest as it should regardless of whatever.
    It is a simple math: DC is winning over fans of the status quo BUT if DC put one the two couples it wins on both sides, it wins with curious fans, it wins new fans, it wins with old fans who are not satisfied with the status quo, it gains notoriety with this ridiculous war between fandoms because fights generate free propaganda, generate comments, generate views, generate DC's name move on Twitter and other media ... if DC does not want to die in the doldrums it is that's what they'll have to do!

That's the main problem. People in the comic book industry have notoriously thin skins (or so I've been told by several insiders).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I love Diana with a cape. She always looks so regal.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

SuperWonder Couples Matching

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRefIPnANG/

“My boobs is bigger than yours~ @nyre1021”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvQ-dB_hCvv/

“#winenight in our awesome #custommade glasses from Lydia Kington!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvP40HqlC7Y/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Gosh I cannot imagine how much this collector paid for this. This statue goes for hundreds of dollars now.

DC Collectibles...I wonder if it is the people at DC decide like the ones in charge or Collectibles do. Because one wonder if they like to make money or not. I mean logically I think another SMWW statue is overdue. The only reason I think they might be unwilling to not do SMWW is plain insecurity and the agenda we all talked about.

I want a DK3 statue. That reunion kiss of Clark and Diana with Jonathan. Or Diana fighting a Minotaur with Jonathan on her back. Badass! Both from Andy Kubert.

I want Dan Panosian Steampunk couple in a pose.

Jack Herbert's embrace with the superbeard.

Cooke's SMWW where Kal is lying with his head on Diana's lap.

I have always loved that Adam Hughes Cover where preflashpoint SM is holding armored WW is his arms during OWAW arc. Doubt they might do that. Prob be too far back but it is a beauty. Even the WW 141.

There are so many SMWW kisses that are so beautiful...I mean we need a KC one too. I'd love a Kiss with him wearing the glasses and her in the red tunic and Krypto at their feet.
    If they have no problem keeping the SM/WW saga going on in the DKverse, there shouldn't be no problem to make a statue about these versions. 🤔

I love Diana with a cape. She always looks so regal.
    Kal loves the cape too ... especially for having x-ray vision! kkkk

Last edited by Deiasilva10; 03-22-2019 at 05:20 PM.

It is a simple math: DC is winning over fans of the status quo BUT if DC put one the two couples it wins on both sides, it wins with curious fans, it wins new fans, it wins with old fans who are not satisfied with the status quo, it gains notoriety with this ridiculous war between fandoms because fights generate free propaganda, generate comments, generate views, generate DC's name move on Twitter and other media ... if DC does not want to die in the doldrums it is that's what they'll have to do!
    But my thing is....don’t care for competition. It should just be DC giving options, expanding creativity. DC is fighting within itself and from what we see now...that’s not working.

That's the main problem. People in the comic book industry have notoriously thin skins (or so I've been told by several insiders).
    Some things just don’t catch much if at all. Still they can not try to force it on an audience not interested

Kal loves you too ... especially for having x-ray vision! kkkk

SuperWonder Cosplay in celebration of the Jewish holiday, Purim!

“Happy Purim��”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvTyd_wlZuY/

“Wonder or Super ,this is our PURIM ��”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSTbPVBX6u/

“PURIM 2019 !!!! ��✨”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSRjrGgnMh/
    I know of no couple that is celebrated for a Jewish holiday! More and more evidence everyday showing the reach of smww and the diversity it appeals to.

I think it is a bit too late for them to worry about this. The horse has bolted out of the stable AWHILE now and the momentum is building more and more with every decade. There is nothing DC can do or not do in terms of trying to ignore or undermine smww...it keeps getting bigger by itself as seen by this whole thread. That is more powerful than DC trying to constrain it by trying to tell readers how to feel or giving other status quos on a platter. Readers are not monolithic. DC are finding this out to their detriment. Look at the numbers for this month. No amount of renumbering, variants can hide that they are already down to preflashpoint levels and this is shocking considering they only just came out a reboot of sorts that claimed this is the true versions and for true fans and what everyone wanted. Seems this is NOT what every fan or potential fan wants. If they are so frightened to give fans SMWW now...something that they gave during preflashpoint in Elseworlds because that was the point of the multiverse...then says they are very insecure and their staus quos are not as strong or as beloved as they think they are. Most smww fans will tell you we care more for a coherent story than the soap opera nonsense canon sometimes delivers. We would be happy with something self contained and a writer with creative freedom done under AU. Many smww fans have been around and supported DC all through preflashpoint...when we did not even have our couple as a status quo but because of love of the heroes back then and their lovely bond. We supported through new 52. It's time those in charge get serious and know their customer and their potential ones too. If they are that worried, then something is wrong with what they are doing and that is no fault of smww as a concept or the fandom and neither should be ostracized.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If they have no problem keeping the SM/WW saga going on in the DKverse, there shouldn't be no problem to make a statue about these versions. ��
    Exactly!!!!

DC needs to hire good writers ( not sure how true but Bleeding Cool suggested seems some might have brought in their pals ) who understand character, motivation and have fresh creative ideas...able to move with the times, not go backwards. Nostalgia can be great...(see the Umbrella Academy or even Stranger Things etc)...but they are just a vehicle to bring the characters up to speed and eventually bring them to the here and now and reflect that and be capable of widening their readership. If you gonna do a period piece, do a period piece. Don't come bring a 40 year old version of SM and tell me this guy understands and reflects the intricacies and nuances of the world we live in in 2019. SM and WW I believe have made no real upward movement in their sales if we go back to the early 2000s and compare them to now. DC seem stuck. But worse feels like they want to be stuck when the answer is very simple. The multiverse and stand alone , self contained series can exist along with canon. I read they mentioned trying to go back to that with Black Label and focusing on publishing but there seems to be some censoring...but then if they are going to jump every time one section of fandom cry for some affront...might as well not call themselves writers or a publisher. It is brave fearless writing that creates great defining stories. Not the same old same old. Moore, Miller, Morrison... Perez's WW was a huge departure from classic and was one of the best things ever done for the character! If we did not have Azzarello we prob would not have had Gal. And maybe if they had taken new 52 Action Comics SM template rather than the messy DCEU one we had...SM might have had a sequel.

DC needs to be fearless again and stop jumping at its own shadow. You cannot be a publishing house if you are not willing to be fearless. The detractors of SMWW...who hate because it threatens their preference ...imagine their reaction if KC was done today. I shudder to think how cowed DC might behave as they rage or prob reject one of their most beloved stories because of this insecurity. Think of all the variety we had back in the 90ties and 2000ties. Some of it wild and out there, some crazy but real gems among them. I want that company back, not one trying to rehash those stories by trying to bend them to suit a lazy agenda and pimp nostalgia as gospel. I cannot wait for Miller's stuff I know at least he fits in the fearless category.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-22-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I know of no couple that is celebrated for a Jewish holiday! More and more evidence everyday showing the reach of smww and the diversity it appeals to.

I think it is a bit too late for them to worry about this. The horse has bolted out of the stable AWHILE now and the momentum is building more and more with every decade. There is nothing DC can do or not do in terms of trying to ignore or undermine smww...it keeps getting bigger by itself as seen by this whole thread. That is more powerful than DC trying to constrain it by trying to tell readers how to feel or giving other status quos on a platter. Readers are not monolithic. DC are finding this out to their detriment. Look at the numbers for this month. No amount of renumbering, variants can hide that they are already down to preflashpoint levels and this is shocking considering they only just came out a reboot of sorts that claimed this is the true versions and for true fans and what everyone wanted. Seems this is NOT what every fan or potential fan wants. If they are so frightened to give fans SMWW now...something that they gave during preflashpoint in Elseworlds because that was the point of the multiverse...then says they are very insecure and their staus quos are not as strong or as beloved as they think they are. Most smww fans will tell you we care more for a coherent story than the soap opera nonsense canon sometimes delivers. We would be happy with something self contained and a writer with creative freedom done under AU. Many smww fans have been around and supported DC all through preflashpoint...when we did not even have our couple as a status quo but because of love of the heroes back then and their lovely bond. We supported through new 52. It's time those in charge get serious and know their customer and their potential ones too. If they are that worried, then something is wrong with what they are doing and that is no fault of smww as a concept or the fandom and neither should be ostracized.
    All of this x 1000+

What we love is the years of development between Superman and Wonder Woman. A dynamic that has been ahead of it’s time, relevant and resonates to real world relationships. That’s just what it is. Times have changed. Fairytales, Soap Operas, half-assed development, rehashings, superficial stuff...nah, that doesn’t cut it. And exactly, being worried means they don’t have too much faith in their own preferences, not our fault of that.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre;4267117[B
    ]DC needs to hire good writers ( not sure how true but Bleeding Cool suggested seems some might have brought in their pals ) who understand character, motivation and have fresh creative ideas...able to move with the times, not go backwards. Nostalgia can be great...(see the Umbrella Academy or even Stranger Things etc)...but they are just a vehicle to bring the characters up to speed and eventually bring them to the here and now and reflect that and be capable of widening their readership. If you gonna do a period piece, do a period piece. Don't come bring a 40 year old version of SM and tell me this guy understands and reflects the intricacies and nuances of the world we live in in 2019[/B].
    PERFECT

SM and WW I believe have made no real upward movement in their sales if we go back to the early 2000s and compare them to now. DC seem stuck. But worse feels like they want to be stuck when the answer is very simple. The multiverse and stand alone , self contained series can exist along with canon. I read they mentioned trying to go back to that with Black Label and focusing on publishing but there seems to be some censoring... but then if they are going to jump every time one section of fandom cry for some affront... might as well not call themselves writers or a published.
    Again PERFECT.

It is brave fearless writing that creates great defining stories. Not the same old same old. Moore, Miller, Morrison... Perez's WW was a huge departure from classic
    A classic

a classic that was absolutely bankrupt... yes, let's face it ... before COIE the WW book was bankrupt, deleted, finished, exterminated. So much that George Perez just brought her back 6 months, or maybe a year (I do not remember exactly) after Coie was over... maybe to see if the audience had forgotten the shame it was her and... partner.

and was one the best things ever done for the character! If we did not have Azzarello we prob would not have had Gal. And maybe if they had taken new 52 Action Comics SM template rather than the messy DCEU one we had...SM might have had a sequel. DC needs to be fearless again and stop jumping at its own shadow. You cannot be a publishing house if you are not willing to be fearless.

The detractors of SMWW... who hate because it threatens their preference... imagine their reaction if KC was done today. I shudder to think how cowed DC might behave as they rage or prob reject one of their most beloved stories because insecurity.
    Not just beloved... KC is a MASTERPIECE! A 10/10 in all possible categories! Spotless art and script!From here 50 or 100 years will be for KC that DC will be remembered!

Think of all the variety we had back in the 90ties and 2000ties. Some of it wild and out there, some crazy but real gems among them. I want that company back, not one trying to rehash those stories by trying to bend them to suit a lazy agenda and pimp nostalgia as gospel. I cannot wait for Miller's stuff I know at least he fits in the fearless category.
    The company you want back has not aged well... the one you have now is governed by older people who are competent in what they do but, since they are already stabilized in life, they no longer have to take a risk, for people younger than they but don't know what they are doing and by talented artists and writers who do not have the slightest concern about the characters they write... the current situation is: the stories can work out in the proportion of 50/50... some target the target and others not... is this worth it? Because today DC has the fans of the years 2000 with the numbers of sales of the years 2000 that are yes inferior to the years after 2010...

The company you want back has not aged well... the one you have now is governed by older people who are competent in what they do but, since they are already stabilized in life, they no longer have to take a risk, for people younger than they but don't know what they are doing and by talented artists and writers who do not have the slightest concern about the characters they write... the current situation is: the stories can work out in the proportion of 50/50... some target the target and others not... is this worth it? Because today DC has the fans of the years 2000 with the numbers of sales of the years 2000 that are yes inferior to the years after 2010...
    What a shame. And age as we know does not dictate a creative mind. It's a mind set. You can be older in experience but young at heart and conscious of the changes around you and able to reflect that in a pertinent way. No reader or writer should ever be scared of youthful characters or older ones who have faced change and death etc. If you cannot relate or tell stories of people ( no matter where they are at) ...then you have no right to be in the business of story telling. I recall some writers and some fans annoyed that new 52 Clark and Diana were young. That they cannot relate to them because they looked young, dressed up to date, or had a beard or wore a jeans and tee or an armor and not red trunks. They were peeved DC dealt with updated issues like xenophobia and reporting and the outsider aspect , they wanted they should just do winking and cat saving or waving flags
    etc. This boggles my mind. If a character is written well, no matter the age you can embrace it. A character does not have to be one way to be able to relate to them only and that is canon...stuck in amber with no real changes even when they claim they aged them...they have not, not really.

The love for the Potter Books shows we can grow with character and again we do not need grounding else Rowling would have made Harry angst over his heritage and need to ground him with muggles etc. You can embrace the fantastical all the way! DC seem more concerned about Scooby Doo and He-man than writing stories that could capture the imagination AND be translated into good tv series etc. We talked about Jupiter's Legacy, Astro City, Umbrella Academy etc etc...stories that do not need this cliched grounding stuff to show humanity and emotion etc. I await the day someone gets a lightbulb moment and wake up and see they have magic and science in their hands in the worlds of WW and SM and they can be blended seamlessly to create something epic! Miller touched on it in his DK verse as did Soule in the new 52. We need someone to really go to town with it!
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-22-2019 at 08:03 PM.