Page 198 of 410 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I don't know... maybe a salt 'n pepper shaker....
    🤔 I don’t know. Might be too big for that.

"Oh look! Socks!!!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZLkdlH...on_share_sheet

"We leave this here and we go slowly ����♂️. What do you think of this pair of tshirts?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZNN6Gn...on_share_sheet
    More matching goodness!!! I love that couples matching has become more of a strength of the bond, makes them feel like a powerful partnership but still not something overly sappy.

Hello my friends!!!! A happy Wednesday to us all!!!

“Do you believe in Evil, Mr Box? - said my companion, grinding his jaw and looking at the couple with unfeigned contempt.

Only on Wednesdays.”
    ― Mark Gatiss

So let's start to fight Evil with our favorite heroes on our side!

"DC Series TRUE MOVIES
    Getting ready for a ride in Metropolis!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvao08FJ...on_share_sheet

"The new powercouple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfYg3vl...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvgZ0JUl...on_share_sheet

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    🤔 the first pic is interesting? What are they exactiy?
    These are personalized chocolate Easter eggs.

“Do you believe in Evil, Mr Box? - said my companion, grinding his jaw and looking at the couple with unfeigned contempt.

Only on Wednesdays.”
    ― Mark Gatiss

"DC Series TRUE MOVIES

"The new powercouple"

Happy Wednesday, Deia! 🤗 Thank you for your daily quotes! Makes the day even more!

The first image. Is it the photographer’s “series”? If so, looking forward for more shots with the figures.

Once again we have DCEU Barbies paired together and knowing Superman and Wonder Woman are the “Power Couple”.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    These are personalized chocolate Easter eggs.
    Oooh!!!
    😍Chocolate! Gimme!
    LOL we get so many sugar rushes because of all the SMWW sweets! 😉
    Last edited by LoveStar; 03-27-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Now let's talk about a more serious subject, my friends and unfortunately still connected to what was said yesterday about SM and WW: survivors of abuse.
    This book - Healing Insights: Effects of Abuse for Adults Abused as Children by Jeanne McElvaney - talk about of adults who suffered abuse as a child and a particular quote caught my attention:

"It takes Wonder Woman courage and Superman strength to heal the wounds of our abuse ... because it brings change ... and we are inclined to hold on to the stability we created in the chaos of our past experiences.
    So imagine more. Take small steps. Be guided by your personal truth and the impressions left by the bad guys in your childhood story. "
    - Jeanne McElvaney

Now let's look at this quote ... in it WW represents the courage and the SM the necessary strength that the victim needed to overcome this terror that is child abuse ... my friends, I can not imagine the damage that would have to future fans, people who need heroes, examples to overcome difficulties, if Snyder's version had been taken forward. A murderous SM, who succumbed to wickedness, weak in purpose, no longer an icon of hope ... a defeated WW, easily killed for a minor purpose, and who in reality would be a worthless sacrifice since she did not even reached this purpose. I am from the time when heroes were considered "larger than life", ideal to be pursued, examples to be followed ... I am against, absolutely against to try to "humanize" the heroes, they are already human in their feelings, conflicts and day to day that is nothing more than our day to day empowered and costumed! Making them succumb to then simply resurrect them is a cheap trick since the same does not happen to us! The ideal is to make them fight evil, and even if they waver a little they will never give up! They never corrupt themselves. Not Superman and Wonder Woman ... never them.
    THIS. Extremely important. I think the reason that troupe is used...and it is an OUTDATED troupe...because many other franchises and stories reject that grounded thing and have gone with the it is okay to be different, have your own normal, soar if you can, don't change or repress yourself to fit in etc... it is a troupe used for the love interests. To give them some relevance. Because if you look at the heroes...really as you say they have tons of humane feelings and responses because they did not grow up in isolation. Most times Superman did what he did because HE wanted to do it. He never choose his mission, his compassion, his morals, his motivation because of one factor. To say he did not know what he wanted to do with his life until he saw someone else do it or he wouldn't be able to fulfill his purpose because of someone else...it dilutes him as an individual and a hero. You can be inspired sure but end of the day your passion, your mission, your purpose should never be on the condition of the person you romance. This is like saying a doctor, a nurse, a cop, a soldier, a teacher...they all will only do their jobs well as long as they dating x or married to y. This has nothing to do with how good you are at your job. It is myopic thinking and it does not reflect well on the characters at all. Diana's greatest retelling was by Perez because he did away with the old troupe that she came to our world to chase after someone she wanted to bed. Superman use to care for humans because he cared for us, connected to us , admired the spirit of ALL...not one. Superman ....a good one...has honor and integrity or at least he tries to. And it is not only Snyder that wanted to subvert this for this false humanizing. It was back with Donner. If we reflect back on what he did, it was again a selfish destructive thing because he was willing to upset the whole lives of all of humanity and history for his comfort and his bed. Superman Returns too, the decent moral , heroic guy was not him. I do not know if DC and WB think that women think this is romantic or somehow we love the idea of a powerful man dropping everything...even the lives of innocents to pander to us. He cannot live without us. His sanity is dependent on us. For me as a reader, as a human being, as a woman...that is the worse sort of troupe to play with. I could not admire a man that does that. I would not trust a hero that is capable of bailing on us when the world got a little tough and a little tough just means he loses one person. Juxtaposed against other humans and heroes in the DCU who lose many things, partners, children, whole families, homes, even their homeland and planets...DC has painted Superman in recent times as a weak minded person. But to them that is love and humanizing. That is an example of dysfunction. Not love. The greatest test of a hero is when he loses and goes through a baptism of fire and can show he does not give up. The man that loses everything but still can stand up for us and want to continue for us...that is a Superman. That is Wonder Woman. Our power couple have often lost things, put their lives on the line, lost each other...and yet still stay the course.

Snyder wanted to suggest we have to keep Superman happy via a personal relationship else he can't be heroic. DC also seems to suggest he is broken man if he is not happy or has the things that make him happy. I am not sure what this suggests other than they have a ticking time bomb on their hands. Not a hero. Back when DC used to do AU...they often put Superman in challenging situations that showed he could be placed in other scenarios and many times he would persevere because if you are that inspirational as a character...you would find your purpose. Diana too. Now, I am not sure what this rigid thinking they cannot be who they are unless they follow a certain route or have certain "core conceits" which to me is lazy. Perez and Azzarello has shown you can still have Diana be who she is despite not following Marston's path rigidly. It is about proper motivation and character development end of the day, not who they date or where they work.

I am glad Superman and Wonder Woman when as a couple is the opposite of this troupe Snyder wanted to use. They might waver, stumble even, fall but they will pick themselves up and never give up. Ultimately they learn their lessons. Important ones about life and love and enduring and legacy. And to achieve this you HAVE to be tested. You have to live events and come out of them to do so.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-27-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Cake:

“When Super Dad meets our Super Wonder Mom”

https://www.facebook.com/10000652273...797444?sfns=mo

Cake Toppers:

“Because there is nothing more powerful than you and I together. ❤️
    I love this colored rhinestone top!✨✨”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZ-Kh9hoVI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZywO0neKN/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman will be fine, nowadays it would be considered sexist apply this trope to a female superhero.

Btw, I don't think Snyder wanted to do some kind of statement about the source of Superman's heroism, he just needed to use a lazy plot device to move him from A to B and then revert everything. It speaks more about Superman's status at WB that before MoS came out, they were OK to drop making more Superman solo movies to relegate the character to play the corpse or the brainwashed villain in team-up movies.

If you are looking for a reason why they didn't even bother to let him and Diana interact, here's the main one.
    It is sexist applying it to a man too. That alone should be a reason not to do it to man or woman. If we applied those troupes and the plot line they used for Cavill in all three movies for Gadot...it would fail. It would show how flimsy the motivations of Cavill was. I have often said gender bend a plot and if it can work for a man or woman , then you okay . But if you cannot, then it shows how poor the writing is. I am not a professional writer but I read, I try my hand at fan fic and Superman in the DCEU imo has had the worse plot development you can think of compared to the rest because he is more of a cardboard cut out with no real pov he can vocalize or motivations you can understand or mission that came from his soul.

I think WW84 has a lot to prove because once again, we have to see what the motivations for Diana will be and if it is around one person ...well then they are not doing anything differently to what Snyder wanted for Superman.

And you are right, Cavill's Superman was a plot device as were the entire JL for the development and journey of the cash cow. But I have issues with how Cavill was done from even MOS. I do think Snyder used a plot around who Superman wanted to sleep with than anything else...hell it was why he even got his job as a reporter, not that HE wanted to even be one himself and wanted to fight injustice with the pen too. This would never really be acceptable for a female hero nowadays. Diana and him interacting would mean, hey they actually took the time to follow the source material and showing the audience the smww dynamic along with the other characters...they would have been making an actual Justice League movie. They did not make that movie and I hope if they ever attempt such a movie again, they need to realize a Justice League movie is about a TEAM. And Justice League has always had the smww relationship as a very close relationship.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-27-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Only on Wednesdays.”
    ― Mark Gatiss

"DC Series TRUE MOVIES

"The new powercouple"

Ah sweet.

I love fans keep making Cavill SM and Gadot WW hook up!

In years to come when people check back and see all these images etc ...they will ask...

So how did Superman and Wonder Woman get together in the movie?

Dude they didn't.

Huh??? But they're together, right?

No. They never even spoke a word to each other.

??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? ???????&*^%%$

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    THIS. Extremely important. I think the reason that troupe is used...and it is an OUTDATED troupe...because many other franchises and stories reject that grounded thing and have gone with the it is okay to be different, have your own normal, soar if you can, don't change or repress yourself to fit in etc... it is a troupe used for the love interests. To give them some relevance. Because if you look at the heroes...really as you say they have tons of humane feelings and responses because they did not grow up in isolation. Most times Superman did what he did because HE wanted to do it. He never choose his mission, his compassion, his morals, his motivation because of one factor. To say he did not know what he wanted to do with his life until he saw someone else do it or he wouldn't be able to fulfill his purpose because of someone else...it dilutes him as an individual and a hero. You can be inspired sure but end of the day your passion, your mission, your purpose should never be on the condition of the person you romance. This is like saying a doctor, a nurse, a cop, a soldier, a teacher...they all will only do their jobs well as long as they dating x or married to y. This has nothing to do with how good you are at your job. It is myopic thinking and it does not reflect well on the characters at all. Diana's greatest retelling was by Perez because he did away with the old troupe that she came to our world to chase after someone she wanted to bed. Superman use to care for humans because he cared for us, connected to us , admired the spirit of ALL...not one. Superman ....a good one...has honor and integrity or at least he tries to. And it is not only Snyder that wanted to subvert this for this false humanizing. It was back with Donner. If we reflect back on what he did, it was again a selfish destructive thing because he was willing to upset the whole lives of all of humanity and history for his comfort and his bed. Superman Returns too, the decent moral , heroic guy was not him. I do not know if DC and WB think that women think this is romantic or somehow we love the idea of a powerful man dropping everything...even the lives of innocents to pander to us. He cannot live without us. His sanity is dependent on us. For me as a reader, as a human being, as a woman...that is the worse sort of troupe to play with. I could not admire a man that does that. I would not trust a hero that is capable of bailing on us when the world got a little tough and a little tough just means he loses one person. Juxtaposed against other humans and heroes in the DCU who lose many things, partners, children, whole families, homes, even their homeland and planets...DC has painted Superman in recent times as a weak minded person. But to them that is love and humanizing. That is an example of dysfunction. Not love. The greatest test of a hero is when he loses and goes through a baptism of fire and can show he does not give up. The man that loses everything but still can stand up for us and want to continue for us...that is a Superman. That is Wonder Woman. Our power couple have often lost things, put their lives on the line, lost each other...and yet still stay the course.

Snyder wanted to suggest we have to keep Superman happy via a personal relationship else he can't be heroic. DC also seems to suggest he is broken man if he is not happy or has the things that make him happy. I am not sure what this suggests other than they have a ticking time bomb on their hands. Not a hero. Back when DC used to do AU...they often put Superman in challenging situations that showed he could be placed in other scenarios and many times he would persevere because if you are that inspirational as a character...you would find your purpose. Diana too. Now, I am not sure what this rigid thinking they cannot be who they are unless they follow a certain route or have certain "core conceits" which to me is lazy. Perez and Azzarello has shown you can still have Diana be who she is despite not following Marston's path rigidly. It is about proper motivation and character development end of the day, not who they date or where they work.

I am glad Superman and Wonder Woman when as a couple is the opposite of this troupe Snyder wanted to use. They might waver, stumble even, fall but they will pick themselves up and never give up. Ultimately they learn their lessons. Important ones about life and love and enduring and legacy. And to achieve this you HAVE to be tested. You have to live events and come out of them to do so.
    If anyone still has doubts about why SMWW together are so important or why they both bother so much the haters just read this! Bravo!

If anyone still has doubts about why SMWW together are so important or why they both bother so much the haters just read this! Bravo!
    Thanks.

I think part of the problem with characters like these...DC either go to either extremes...they go ooc or they do the safe, saccharin option. Both can be jarring or unremarkable. Powerful characters need depth and pathos too. You can do them but you have to not change their motivations or go so drastic they become villains themselves or their battles are boring. Also some readers need to get out of their comfort zone. A good example is the new 52. People attacking the new 52 imo were just looking for something to attack because they could not bear characters having a modern sensibility or what they did not grow up with. They chose to be angry over what they wore or who they dated than saw that the characters remained in character. No era is perfect but new 52 was a good start to a new one and should have been allowed to grow. New 52 Clark and Diana were smart, powerful, compassionate,optimistic , loved life, never put each other before their duty, did not turn evil ...recall Diana lost Clark twice. When he vanished for 2 mths and then when they killed him. Clark faced death many times, left Diana and the earth for the greater good ( Doomsday Virus) etc . New 52 told these stories well. It straddled the core characteristics while updating well. So they can update SM and WW but they do not have to go so off the rails as Snyder suggested.

Then we have the pandering issue or the stagnation and nostalgia.

GRR Martin said...too much fantasy can take away from a fantasy story...and this I agree with. This is where Superman and Wonder Woman type characters can go over board with the deus ex machina scenarios or jump the shark kind of story telling that detracts from the drama, pathos and them earning where they are. If you are writing a plot and the plot turns to ridiculous levels just to force a status quo or get you from point A to B...then it is not going to go down well. This is what these characters suffer. Their plot development can at times take a turn for the worst and you end up not feeling for them. This is why critics will say Superman has no problems or he is boring or he doer not have to work for anything and just gets it on a platter. Leave camp for a kids' cartoon and kids comic and try to be nuanced in comics & movies etc because your readers and potential ones are not going to all be long boxers or children. The audience nowadays are more demanding and woke and have way too much good content around from other franchises, you have to be on the ball and offer something that resonates.

If you approach the characters as individuals with a strong well fleshed framework around who they are and how they would operate and and worry less about other characters needing to be relevant, you will probably do fine by them. Works well for Batman.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-27-2019 at 10:32 AM.

More Gil Sabas

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...frcectupt=true

Kal and Diana in AU

https://www.deviantart.com/lordkal-e...on-2-787288642

A piece of graffitti from India.The graffiti is in response to the sociological movement “kiss of love”, where the current generation Indian feminists and youth are fighting for their right to be able to display public affection, without being lynched by the moral police. They have two Indian characters from comics dressed up as SMWW.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Gil back again! This is beautiful and “soft” 😍 Kal and Diana out in the middle of a field basking in nature’s beauty.

This is different. I would like to know the backstory of this and if there is a full fic possibly.

A piece of graffitti from India.The graffiti is in response to the sociological movement “kiss of love”, where the current generation Indian feminists and youth are fighting for their right to be able to display public affection, without being lynched by the moral police. They have two Indian characters from comics dressed up as SMWW.
    Wow!! This is powerful! This is exactly the kind of connections we want with SMWW. Making statements that can make change for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Gil back again! This is beautiful and “soft” �� Kal and Diana out in the middle of a field basking in nature’s beauty.

This is different. I would like to know the backstory of this and if there is a full fic possibly.

Wow!! This is powerful! This is exactly the kind of connections we want with SMWW. Making statements that can make change for the better.
    Yes. Landmines, Aids, Domestic Violence, to bring attention to Natural Disasters, Immigration, Empowerment, Relationships, Motivation, LGBT, Social awareness and change for so many causes...they are used in the exhibition, used on murals, they hang in art galleries, ...yet people want to minimize and undermine their power and impact. We keep showing the receipts.

Most smww fans will recognize the League of One Homage here.

Here is the final of 3 murals we designed for DC Comics at SDCC 2018. All together they tell a compressed version of a classic comic tale of Diana (we even got to add Superman into this last one).

I’ve also included close up details of the 2nd and 3rd panels for you to see the brush strokes and more details. Next up I’ll be sharing a few thumbnails and storyboards that we created along the way.
    via Wonder Woman Mural C Full SDCCby Logan Faerber for Clade Design in DC SDCC

https://dribbble.com/shots/6007769-W...al-C-Full-SDCC