Page 2 of 410 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    And toys photography, never forget the toys. 😝
    Most definitely! More DCEU figure posts!

They planned to post them once in a while in the special occasions. 😉
    Yep! I believe that’s exactly what they are doing and that’s so sweet and a wonderful idea!

Ok, that explain the likes.
    It’s great to see more trainers see themselves as Superman and Wonder Woman 💪☺️

I really like the new look of Godstaff's WW. A little less his SM... he needs a collar or something. 😝
    I like both. I agree with Diana more so. Kal 🤔 yeah, I think we got used to the collar lol and I agree with Hellacre...he looks a little retro...need the young swagger back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Rocafort’s kiss, Jack Herbert’s kiss, Jack Herbert’s hug... SMWW have so many important moments that deserved to be immortalized as statues!
    Yes!!! I miss Herbert’s SMWW! Even if just a commission would be lovely!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.

I have more proof SM & WW from Soap Studio are being marketed as a couple. From the new 52 ones along with that DCEU ones I posted before.

I found new images and a video!!!!

You can see the deliberate putting together of SMWW with BatCat and Joker/Harley. I have said it before , these are DC's three most popular power couples. With the Aquaman movie out now I have to see if AquaMera will get some traction given the movie is doing very well and people are liking Mera/Arthur as a strong pairing. But it is clear this studio is marketing smww together.

She is holding his baby rocket?! OOOOH so cute!!!The little accessories that come with them are sooo sweet too.

And the DCEU one. The packaging from the back has them both. Also look at the mother box! I love these Soap Studio figures. They are so cute!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Most definitely! More DCEU figure posts!
    I think I have some of these pics for today.

I like both. I agree with Diana more so. Kal 🤔 yeah, I think we got used to the collar lol
    I prefer the collar being lower than the NuSupermn's one but I consider it a nice addition to the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I have more proof SM & WW from Soap Studio are being marketed as a couple. From the new 52 ones along with that DCEU ones I posted before.

I found new images and a video!!!!

You can see the deliberate putting together of SMWW with BatCat and Joker/Harley. I have said it before , these are DC's three most popular power couples. With the Aquaman movie out now I have to see if AquaMera will get some traction given the movie is doing very well and people are liking Mera/Arthur as a strong pairing. But it is clear this studio is marketing smww together.

She is holding his baby rocket?! OOOOH so cute!!!The little accessories that come with them are sooo sweet too.

And the DCEU one. The packaging from the back has them both. Also look at the mother box! I love these Soap Studio figures. They are so cute!

OMG!!!!! THIS IS SO CUTE!!!! Already starting off big with new merch! LOL

And it makes me miss them even more so! This is what we are talking about with the marketing! The pairing is automatic! There is no hesitation when it comes to merchandising because they sell period. So why not embrace this fact even more!

Bold: Yes, even with Hot Topic, SMWW, BatCat, and Joker/Harley were the main couples with merch from shirts and bags to pins and other little trinkets. I believe now, AquaMera will join. I’m definitely hoping so.

I think I have some of these pics for today.
    Oh YAY!! Can’t wait to see!!

I prefer the collar being lower than the NuSupermn's one but I consider it a nice addition to the costume.
    Low collar is fine. I actually it either way. My main thing though is just his presence period. No more dorky like.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 09:58 AM.

I notice in the best of nine from SMWW IG that Gal and Henry WWSM are well liked. The idea of DCEU SMWW is something on people's minds. What a waste of potential by WB not to simply use the tons of source material be it their close friendship with underlying attraction that could have set the stage for a future one off like a Logan...ie Kingdom Come type movie. Or just simply new 52. New 52 Superman is way more idealistic and optimistic and proactive than DCEU Superman ever could be. I mean the guy was a writer because he cared about journalism. He studied for it. He was genuinely caring about people too just look at new 52 Action Comics. That would have addressed the criticisms that Henry's SM was too mopey and broody and angsty and disconnected to humans. If Henry does stay they have to show something to make people give a hoot about HIS pov and ideals , and they can't just come say he the best based on one divided movie MOS, one hated movie BM v SM and one ridiculed one JL. That is just trying to sell a character with no real development. It does not work with modern, general audiences. DC fans boys don't make movies break bank. You have to convince people on the fence who never cared before. If they were going to retain Henry I said it before, the Hulk treatment. Put him to co star in other movies and write him in well. Of course I am biased but being handled by Patty in a WW movie would be the best thing given they won't risk tons of money on a MOS2 without knowing if people will respond to the character enough to make a profit. I am sure WB don't want MOS 2 to bomb. And it prob could. Let us see him and Gal interact together. That is something we have not seen yet and it could be very interesting. The superhero landscape is very very competitive, you have to have something different and unique now. SMWW can be that.

I wanted to respond to some of the posts made in the previous thread before its closure...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellacre
    Happy New Year, my friends. Even though DC might have disappointed us , we have thrived as a fandom. The amount of smww related stuff still being seen online prove the fans are growing! I want to thank everyone, our supporters on other sites, posters who contributed to make this thread AWESOME and all those who remain loyal and enthusiastic about our pairing...I feel good about 2019. We have proven we don't need DC to matter. To use a SMWW sentiment..."We are better/stronger together."

Great year-end post, Hellacre. 👏 I'm looking forward to the new year, whatever it'll bring. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar
    Happy New Year, Hellacre!!! Yes indeed! It’s absolutely SUPERWONDERful to have all this love and positivity! The pairing of Superman/Wonder Woman goes beyond comics, spreading an abundance of inspiration and motivation.

Superman/Wonder Woman best nine Instagram posts! Over 600k likes to 1,043 posts for 2018!

The Superman/Wonder Woman IG has maintained a following of over 43k. It’s one of, if not the highest following for a mainly “shipping” account. 2019 will certainly be a new year of more growth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellacre
    WOW!!!! Look at the number of likes from a mere 1,043 posts! 683,827!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful and I know from the posts from you and last son, there are tons more smww posts that you don't repost. It's truly wonderful!!!!! I am positive you are right about the DianaandKal IG for a pure shipping account!
    From what I've seen, shipping accounts are lucky if they have between 5k and 10k followers. Probably there are individual SM/WW fan that have more followers than the average comic-book shipping accounts. 😅

I notice in the best of nine from SMWW IG that Gal and Henry WWSM are well liked. The idea of DCEU SMWW is something on people's minds. What a waste of potential by WB not to simply use the tons of source material be it their close friendship with underlying attraction that could have set the stage for a future one off like a Logan...ie Kingdom Come type movie. Or just simply new 52. New 52 Superman is way more idealistic and optimistic and proactive than DCEU Superman ever could be. I mean the guy was a writer because he cared about journalism. He studied for it. He was genuinely caring about people too just look at new 52 Action Comics. That would have addressed the criticisms that Henry's SM was too mopey and broody and angsty and disconnected to humans. If Henry does stay they have to show something to make people give a hoot about HIS pov and ideals , and they can't just come say he the best based on one divided movie MOS, one hated movie BM v SM and one ridiculed one JL. That is just trying to sell a character with no real development. It does not work with modern, general audiences. DC fans boys don't make movies break bank. You have to convince people on the fence who never cared before. If they were going to retain Henry I said it before, the Hulk treatment. Put him to co star in other movies and write him in well. Of course I am biased but being handled by Patty in a WW movie would be the best thing given they won't risk tons of money on a MOS2 without knowing if people will respond to the character enough to make a profit. I am sure WB don't want MOS 2 to bomb. And it prob could. Let us see him and Gal interact together. That is something we have not seen yet and it could be very interesting. The superhero landscape is very very competitive, you have to have something different and unique now. SMWW can be that.
    There is still obvious interest of live action Superman/Wonder Woman interaction. Just need to make it happen in a meaningful way. I mean come on, “Tug of lasso” gained interest LOL

New52 Superman was the modern Superman of this era. As I’ve said, he was younger, which means younger fans can grow with him. He was more in tune with his heritage as he should’ve been. He has swagger, confidence. He wasn’t perfect, wasn’t a Boy Scout. He was put through things and challenged. That’s what we needed for and from Superman to make him relatable and relevant to the modern audience.

From what I've seen, shipping accounts are lucky if they have between 5k and 10k followers. Probably there are individual SM/WW fan that have more followers than the average comic-book shipping accounts. 😅
    Yep exactly! That’s what makes this a grand accomplishment for the Superman/Wonder Woman fandom and what makes it such the stand out and an iconic dynamic duo in its own right even more so!

DCEU didn’t have any meaningful interactions, and the transition to rebirth, but yet, this IG page alone gains so much traction. Now just think with embracing the pair even more so what will happen! 😏
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 10:38 AM.

New52 Superman was the modern Superman of this era. As I’ve said, he was younger, which means younger fans can grow with him. He was more in tune with his heritage as he should’ve been. He has swagger, confidence. He wasn’t perfect, wasn’t a Boy Scout. He was put through things and challenged. That’s what we needed for and from Superman to make him relatable and relevant to the modern audience.

And he smiled! And saved cats and loved his dog and was inspired by the Kents etc etc . And had kids crawl all over him and did everything else an optimistic SM could do. He could have easily been what Cap is in the MCU as the moral compass and noble man for the DCU. And he fell for a woman who challenged his ideas of truth and living it in a REAL and genuine way that had nothing to do with self or prizes and who could save and kick his butt...I think modern audiences especially females would respond to that. Plus BM respected him and never ridiculed him the way he did preflashpoint versions. I esp liked that New 52 Clark was no one's carpet, was smart and never gave up or ran off to hide...morally very strong and knew his duty to his cause. New 52 Diana also could teach DCEU Diana about not giving up and hiding as well in the face of tragedy and adversity. She lost so much but remained strong and sure about who she was and her duty. Man, I miss the new 52 power couple!!!!

Yep exactly! That’s what makes this a grand accomplishment for the Superman/Wonder Woman fandom and what makes it such the stand out and an iconic dynamic duo in its own right even more so!

DCEU didn’t have any meaningful interactions, and the transition to rebirth, but yet, this IG page alone gains so much traction. Now just think with embracing the pair even more so what will happen! 😏
    Internet will explode. 🤣

I think will see a new wave of followers when the WW sequel will come out. Patty Jenkins will talk again about Diana and Kal's similarity like they're kindred spirit and... 10k new followers to the SM/WW IG in some weeks. 😅

And he smiled! And saved cats and loved his dog and was inspired by the Kents etc etc . And had kids crawl all over him and did everything else an optimistic SM could do. He could have easily been what Cap is in the MCU as the moral compass and noble man for the DCU. And he fell for a woman who challenged his ideas of truth and living it in a REAL and genuine way that had nothing to do with self or prizes and who could save and kick his butt...I think modern audiences especially females would respond to that. Plus BM respected him and never ridiculed him the way he did preflashpoint versions. I esp liked that New 52 Clark was no one's carpet, was smart and never gave up or ran off to hide...morally very strong and knew his duty to his cause. New 52 Diana also could teach DCEU Diana about not giving up and hiding as well in the face of tragedy and adversity. She lost so much but remained strong and sure about who she was and her duty. Man, I miss the new 52 power couple!!!!
    I believe the problem is, with the confidence new52 Superman had, it was deemed as him acting too Godly. Him embracing his heritage, he was too alien. I don’t understand that
    New52 Superman, lost his parents young, but the values they instilled in him made him stronger and gave him the motivation to be the hero he should be. He never questioned himself and I truly loved that he embraced his Kryptonian heritage without feeling resentment. He never bowed down to fit in. New52 Wonder Woman, was fierce. So much fire but still very much compassionate. Despite the craziness of her extended dysfunctional family, she knew who she was. She knew her self and mission, followed her heart.

What made them both relatable was that we did see them struggle. They went through things we would but on a grander scale. They were humbled. When we call them the Power Couple, it’s not for superficial reasonings and not just used as a buzz title. They earned it because of their history together. I believe this also why so many couples gravitate toward SMWW as well. While yes, they are seen as the perfect man and woman, when we take a look at their stories together, it is very much “real”. They fell in love understanding each other’s burdens, filling that loneliness they felt. We saw numerous of times why they were and why should they be together. Those are questions often ignored with pairings.

As Last son and I talked about on the other thread, while Meredith was a new writer and her execution could’ve been better, but her idea of showing Diana as a woman with desires (marriage and kids with Clark) and pains (feeling it’s impossible with her duties first) instead of just Wonder Woman was great.

Internet will explode. 🤣

I think will see a new wave of followers when the WW sequel will come out. Patty Jenkins will talk again about Diana and Kal's similarity like they're kindred spirit and... 10k new followers to the SM/WW IG in some weeks. 😅
    You know, that’s actually something very interesting. Not even going to question it. It’s just truly amazing for SMWW gaining more followers, not even remotely associated with the films. It’s just an automatic gravitation and interest.
    But how I wish Patty would direct a Wonder Woman/Superman film. She gets it completely!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-01-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Good match? Of course!

And more love for Jack’s embrace!

Great sketch!

What made them both relatable was that we did see them struggle. They went through things we would but on a grander scale. They were humbled. When we call them the Power Couple, it’s not for superficial reasonings and not just used as a buzz title. They earned it because of their history together. I believe this also why so many couples gravitate toward SMWW as well. While yes, they are seen as the perfect man and woman, when we take a look at their stories together, it is very much “real”. They fell in love understanding each other’s burdens, filling that loneliness they felt. We saw numerous of times why they were and why should they be together. Those are questions often ignored with pairings.
    Beautiful analysis, LoveStar. 👍

As Last son and I talked about on the other thread, while Meredith was a new writer and her execution could’ve been better, but her idea of showing Diana as a woman with desires (marriage and kids with Clark) and pains (feeling it’s impossible with her duties first) instead of just Wonder Woman was great.
    That was my favourite aspect of the run, it made Diana feels very real. I wished a co-writer helped Meridith to fleshed out better her ideas.

You know, that’s actually something very interesting. Not even going to question it. It’s just truly amazing for SMWW gaining more followers, not even remotely associated with the films. It’s just an automatic gravitation and interest.
    It's fascinating that SM/WW gained a lot of new fans/followers in 2017 when the 'ship wasn't pushed anywhere. 😎

But how I wish Patty would direct a Wonder Woman/Superman film. She gets it completely!
    That would bring instantly 1 Billion of new followers to the SM/WW IG in one week. 🤣

I believe the problem is, with the confidence new52 Superman had, it was deemed as him acting too Godly. Him embracing his heritage, he was too alien. I don’t understand that
    New52 Superman, lost his parents young, but the values they instilled in him made him stronger and gave him the motivation to be the hero he should be. He never questioned himself and I truly loved that he embraced his Kryptonian heritage without feeling resentment. He never bowed down to fit in. New52 Wonder Woman, was fierce. So much fire but still very much compassionate. Despite the craziness of her extended dysfunctional family, she knew who she was. She knew her self and mission, followed her heart.

So wait. Being idealistic, wanting to do what is right and challenging the status quo ie the way Clark did with Morgan Edge or stood firm to the generals and politicians who wanted him to share his weaponry in the FOS for their use, being proud of yr heritage as much as those who raised you like Diana did etc etc is being Godly? Huh? Then Black Panther and Cap are Godly too right? Because they stood up for what they believed in and BP also stood proudly for his heritage. That is such bs. Again with the old outdated troupes DC keep wanting to push and some who want everything to be as it was in the 70ties. Well it can't be. I believe individually both new 52 Clark and Diana were very relateable. They have fears and dreams and feelings and family etc. What's normal? You have to be with an American only? Or a member of the human race only. Pfft. That is nonsense.

There are great men and women in this world who change history and they don't do it because they are like everyday people. They have something more to them, work harder, sacrifice more, have a talent we don't have. To assume they have to be normal is such a cop out by DC. SMWW fall in the not normal category but also not Gods either. "We are not like the Gods but we are not like them either..." What is wrong in acknowledging that? Have you notice if it is a human in space somehow he brings peace and logic and is oh so heroic but an alien in a human world can't do that because somehow they want to portray them as cold and culture-less and lacking in humanity or humane emotion ? This is the xenophobic subtext I dislike a lot. There are some at DC want to throw Diana under the bus as part of this mind set makes me furious. It's part of the old troupes and a lack of understanding the world itself has changed. The DCU is a microcosm, much like the world we live in and they need to stop with the humanizing crap or only humans can depict certain themes. The DCU is full of sentient beings who all have potential for enormous good and bad and can inspire each other.

And you are right, they find a connection together, a shared vision of the world they fight for, an emotional and philosophical connection, they can challenge each other's ideas IF written well to allow growth, and as a couple...they have the same problems all of us do yet they have that added burden that they have duty, a higher calling, that in fact can make their stories even more compelling because of the scale. You can go as small or as big as you want with smww. Look at them meeting the God Family and then the sweet Chico Bento story. And with smww you can explore them outside of the stagnation bubble where they remain one age and really get tested by time etc this...making them as Frank Miller said..."operatic" and Alan Moore..."Epic" .
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-01-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Beautiful analysis, LoveStar. 👍
    Thank you! 🤗

That was my favourite aspect of the run, it made Diana feels very real. I wished a co-writer helped Meridith to fleshed out better her ideas.
    I think if Soule would’ve stayed when Meredith came aboard, he already had a very good grasp of Diana and had ideas for her so I think with what Meredith wanted to bring, they both would’ve collaborated a lot better.

It's fascinating that SM/WW gained a lot of new fans/followers in 2017 when the 'ship wasn't pushed anywhere. 😎
    Hehe... very unexpected but 😄 very proud and happy for it!

That would bring instantly 1 Billion of new followers to the SM/WW IG in one week. 🤣
    Oh most def! It would definitely solidify the purpose of their dynamic and what it truly means.