Page 201 of 410 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I think that...well obviously expanding like this wasn’t planned. With the right co-writer(such as Azzarello) the potential is there and it all really can be fleshed out even more, filling in the blanks. I could see it as Lara telling Jon her POV of life and that goes into her birth and growing up. Or it can be Kal and Diana having a moment of reflection. There’s no limitations to how this can go, giving a different outlook for the overall saga
    Most of all I need to see Diana's point of view... well ... not complaining but just noticing ... DC has been a boys club that every day becomes more closed ... WW has lost space, relevance and even meaning since the end of new 52 ... Sincerely I do not see a female heroic figure relevant in rebirth, what I see is the attempt to make a character that does not stand alone as the most relevant when to whom this position is right is diminished more and more ... I really want Golden Child is the redemption of Diana and a return of her to her rightful place as mother of superheroes and queen of DC. Of the blanks that I want to see fill the ones I most long for are those of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The epitome of womanhood and motherhood will always be Wonder Woman. The world sees her as caring, compassionate, inspirational, wise and nurturing.
    ALWAYS!

THIS. Extremely important. I think the reason that troupe is used...and it is an OUTDATED troupe...because many other franchises and stories reject that grounded thing and have gone with the it is okay to be different, have your own normal, soar if you can, don't change or repress yourself to fit in etc... it is a troupe used for the love interests. To give them some relevance. Because if you look at the heroes...really as you say they have tons of humane feelings and responses because they did not grow up in isolation. Most times Superman did what he did because HE wanted to do it. He never choose his mission, his compassion, his morals, his motivation because of one factor. To say he did not know what he wanted to do with his life until he saw someone else do it or he wouldn't be able to fulfill his purpose because of someone else...it dilutes him as an individual and a hero. You can be inspired sure but end of the day your passion, your mission, your purpose should never be on the condition of the person you romance. This is like saying a doctor, a nurse, a cop, a soldier, a teacher...they all will only do their jobs well as long as they dating x or married to y. This has nothing to do with how good you are at your job. It is myopic thinking and it does not reflect well on the characters at all. Diana's greatest retelling was by Perez because he did away with the old troupe that she came to our world to chase after someone she wanted to bed. Superman use to care for humans because he cared for us, connected to us , admired the spirit of ALL...not one. Superman ....a good one...has honor and integrity or at least he tries to. And it is not only Snyder that wanted to subvert this for this false humanizing. It was back with Donner. If we reflect back on what he did, it was again a selfish destructive thing because he was willing to upset the whole lives of all of humanity and history for his comfort and his bed. Superman Returns too, the decent moral , heroic guy was not him. I do not know if DC and WB think that women think this is romantic or somehow we love the idea of a powerful man dropping everything...even the lives of innocents to pander to us. He cannot live without us. His sanity is dependent on us. For me as a reader, as a human being, as a woman...that is the worse sort of troupe to play with. I could not admire a man that does that. I would not trust a hero that is capable of bailing on us when the world got a little tough and a little tough just means he loses one person. Juxtaposed against other humans and heroes in the DCU who lose many things, partners, children, whole families, homes, even their homeland and planets...DC has painted Superman in recent times as a weak minded person. But to them that is love and humanizing. That is an example of dysfunction. Not love. The greatest test of a hero is when he loses and goes through a baptism of fire and can show he does not give up. The man that loses everything but still can stand up for us and want to continue for us...that is a Superman. That is Wonder Woman. Our power couple have often lost things, put their lives on the line, lost each other...and yet still stay the course.

Snyder wanted to suggest we have to keep Superman happy via a personal relationship else he can't be heroic. DC also seems to suggest he is broken man if he is not happy or has the things that make him happy. I am not sure what this suggests other than they have a ticking time bomb on their hands. Not a hero. Back when DC used to do AU...they often put Superman in challenging situations that showed he could be placed in other scenarios and many times he would persevere because if you are that inspirational as a character...you would find your purpose. Diana too. Now, I am not sure what this rigid thinking they cannot be who they are unless they follow a certain route or have certain "core conceits" which to me is lazy. Perez and Azzarello has shown you can still have Diana be who she is despite not following Marston's path rigidly. It is about proper motivation and character development end of the day, not who they date or where they work.

I am glad Superman and Wonder Woman when as a couple is the opposite of this troupe Snyder wanted to use. They might waver, stumble even, fall but they will pick themselves up and never give up. Ultimately they learn their lessons. Important ones about life and love and enduring and legacy. And to achieve this you HAVE to be tested. You have to live events and come out of them to do so.
    All. Of. This! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
    Especially the bolded portions. Well said. I honestly don't understand why this isn't understood by TPTB

Good morning, my dear friends! Happy friday!

“A DEFINITION NOT FOUND
    IN THE DICTIONARY
    Not leaving: an act of trust and love,
    often deciphered by children”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Never abandon your children, be as present in their lives as you can, be their examples, their heroes, do not leave them in the hands of strangers or even distant relatives (especially if the person is a grandfather who supposedly should be dead and who wish to take them on an interplanetary trip ... do not do this, it will not work, you run the risk of having your child abused and tortured by a malevolent version of yourself) ... believe me, I read this somewhere!

"Super Heroes rest too."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvhh5QPh...on_share_sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Most of all I need to see Diana's point of view... well ... not complaining but just noticing ... DC has been a boys club that every day becomes more closed ... WW has lost space, relevance and even meaning since the end of new 52 ... Sincerely I do not see a female heroic figure relevant in rebirth, what I see is the attempt to make a character that does not stand alone as the most relevant when to whom this position is right is diminished more and more ... I really want Golden Child is the redemption of Diana and a return of her to her rightful place as mother of superheroes and queen of DC. Of the blanks that I want to see fill the ones I most long for are those of Diana.
    Diana definitely deserves more respect. She is THE Mother of Superheroes and THE most prominent female character. PERIODT. For DC to continue to make backwards, counterproductive decisions is baffling. One would think after the success of her movie, DC would take heed, but they didn’t. Even Aquaman’s treatment too is baffling. New52 elevated Diana to where she needed to be and rebirth stripped that all away. I agree we need a turn around. Maybe GC can give that, but we need more than that with her main book on a Perez/Azzarello level.

Diana definitely deserves more respect. She is THE Mother of Superheroes and THE most prominent female character. PERIODT. For DC to continue to make backwards, counterproductive decisions is baffling. One would think after the success of her movie, DC would take heed, but they didn’t. Even Aquaman’s treatment too is baffling. New52 elevated Diana to where she needed to be and rebirth stripped that all away. I agree we need a turn around. Maybe GC can give that, but we need more than that with her main book on a Perez/Azzarello level.
    Certainly WW needs more respect and consideration in the current phase but I do not expect her to receive ... her origin was greatly detonated, misrepresented and ridiculed for this to happen ... she lost her traits, powers and personality ... my God she made a great effort to pull a door out of a car in the last number of her book... A CAR! A woman who next to SM and Green Lantern helped move the Moon in the past nowadays has difficulties with the door of a car! WW is the counterpart of Sm and so must be portrayed, especially on the level of power!

Let's stay on the topic, folks - SM/WW Appreciation. Discussion about respect for WW should be in another forum and another thread
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Oh my... my friends, I'm sorry if I get excited when talking about WW, as an ardent fan of her I always exaggerate in my comments, mea culpa ... let's return to all the positivity, love and vivacity of SMWW!

A post of a SuperWonder family to make us smile!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvgUmRNH...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvgVNusn...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZJsZOn...on_share_sheet

Oh my... my friends, I'm sorry if I get excited when talking about WW, as an ardent fan of her I always exaggerate in my comments, mea culpa ... let's return to all the positivity, love and vivacity of SMWW!

A post of a SuperWonder family to make us smile!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvgUmRNH...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvgVNusn...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZJsZOn...on_share_sheet
    So sweet! Another SuperWonder Fam in celebration of Purim! Kid Thor exemplifies Superman and Wonder Woman as the Mother and Father of all superheroes! 🤗

Most smww fans will recognize the League of One Homage here.

via Wonder Woman Mural C Full SDCCby Logan Faerber for Clade Design in DC SDCC

https://dribbble.com/shots/6007769-W...al-C-Full-SDCC
    This is breathtakingly stunning. Even more so as it is reminiscent of A League of one.
    Beautiful.
    I hope the artist adds more to this panel. This is more of the SMWW I want to be seeing. The heroic ones. The self-sacrificing ones. The pure hearted, tender loving ones. The compassionate capable ones. The inspirational ones. The ones with a strong moral fiber and indomitable will.

Superman and Wonder Woman’s true purpose as individuals and as a partnership, has had constant positive representation from the outside which is what clearly matters. From doctors/therapist too even saying stand proud as if an individual is Superman and Wonder Woman with the heroic poses and that builds confidence. Forced contrivances don’t hold water to the natural development, message and history, this is why the impact continues on in such a meaningful way.

Aw! Instead of rehashing, DC should be trying to develop and emphasize on stories such as this. It’s a beautiful and unique story for Wonder Woman.
    Yes ma'am! Especially the bolded. And this aligns perfectly with the post Last Son posted that I have also quoted below.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We rarely post SM/WW memes in the thread, here are some I came across in the past weeks to make up for it:

"True inspiration comes from within the soul. To be motivated is to be touched within the mind. Never allow anything to come in between your greatness. The real power, is having someone see the hero in you, even when others can't see your face. You will always inspire and motivate the one standing next to you, the one who truly sees you...through it all. 👑👑"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuzgchlAnE1/

"💪🏻💪🏻 ladies...you are all WonderWomen deserving of a Superman! Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise! 😉💖"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOTSOJnvbo/

"#superwonder #powercouple #otp #cute #soulmates #couplesgoals #clarkxdiana"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bttoy_snLEJ/
    It is post like these, like what LoveStar stated that continue to exemplify the true essence of SMWW.

Despite the contrivances and plot armor given to a particular character in cheap attempts at elevation that it rings false and hallow. People outside the small pandering niche that DC has built in the name of status quo recognize and gravitate towards the genuine essence of SMWW. It is heartwarming to see. A direct counter response to the ugliness that DC attempted to turn SMWW into in its insipid move to undermine and discredit them. You can't sweep a whole history under the rug as if people aren't able to find it and determine for themselves. Neither can you prop up one pairing that has been filled with Many pitfalls and questionable acts in the length of its existence as better. Quality counts for something. It's not just about quantity. We see it over and over again with SMWW when they are represented accurately and respectfully. It's no surprise the general audience responds so well to them.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

LOL current rebirth look...

So this would basically be part of the concept of an SMWW movie. Challenge each other not just physically but intellectually(the most important) and emotionally testing each other limits, delving into their similarities and differences, learning from each other and understanding each other. Developing a friendship with the underlying attraction.😉 Boom it’s just that easy.
    Did you see all these things in a toys pic? You have more imagination than I thought. 😅

“She's like snow in Russian," said Anna. "Snow in the evening when the sun sets and it looks like Alpengluhen, you know? And if snow had a scent it would smell like that [the rose]....”
    ― Eva Ibbotson

From Red Son:

Прекрасный косплей. 😅

I need to know when Diana became pregnant with Lara.... I remember in DK when he said "Diana went back to her people"... I wonder... maybe she was already pregnant, maybe SM's posture is easier to understand now ... he was protecting his daughter ...

Imagine what they went through ... doubts, conflicts ... the world completely changing and crazy ... we need to reread yes, reread everything to fish these moments, it is a puzzle game .... need to be played.
    I think that happened around 10+ years before the events of TDKR after the government outlawed superheroes. So Lara was already a little girl when her mother retired. I should check the timeline to be sure.

So sweet! Another SuperWonder Fam in celebration of Purim! Kid Thor exemplifies Superman and Wonder Woman as the Mother and Father of all superheroes! 🤗
    Unlike Spider-Man, I can see a Thor-like character as the child of SM/WW. 🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-29-2019 at 03:11 PM.

SuperWonder Couple celebrate their birthday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvaOM0bBdNc/

I love that these toppers are tailored to be truly reflective of the real couple. From the beard, to the game controller in the groom's hand and the dumbbell in the bride's hand.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This is breathtakingly stunning. Even more so as it is reminiscent of A League of one.
    Beautiful.
    I hope the artist adds more to this panel. This is more of the SMWW I want to be seeing. The heroic ones. The self-sacrificing ones. The pure hearted, tender loving ones. The compassionate capable ones. The inspirational ones. The ones with a strong moral fiber and indomitable will.
    Kudos to Hellacre for finding these panels. I wasn't aware of the WW mural at SDCC.

SuperWonder Couple celebrate their birthday!

They were both born in the same day? 🤔
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-29-2019 at 03:42 PM.