Page 205 of 410 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Ah, yes! I remember the one you are talking about. I will try to find it again but as doing a search already there is actually a lot more SMWW references in different ministries, talking about relationship and individual motivation. Lots of pastors and their wives reffering to themselves as Superman and Wonder Woman too. 🤗
    Hmm... interesting. SM/WW has the blessing of the Church then. 😅

Doesn’t make any sense but have to just go with it. That’s not how storytelling should be. Cherry picking. Even with flashbacks, it doesn’t fit. More questions and plot holes created. It seems more and more DC should’ve created a seperate line. If they didn’t want new52 as main, make it the alternative, elseworlds but could’ve continued on its own way. There was no need to try to mish mash.

The meaningful stuff matters or should obviously.
    I don't like the way DC threat its continuity compared to Marvel, but it seems that, lately, SM and WW are the characters more affected by these constant reboots and Frankenstein job of continuities. 🙄 I expect that sooner of later someone will write a meta comic about a cosmic conspiracy against SM/WW to weaken them by turn their lives into an unstable mess. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't like the way DC threat its continuity compared to Marvel, but it seems that, lately, SM and WW are the characters more affected by these constant reboots and Frankenstein job of continuities. �� I expect that sooner of later someone will write a meta comic about a cosmic conspiracy against SM/WW to weaken them by turn their lives into an unstable mess. ��
    Maybe ... maybe DC has the courage to join the most powerful beings in the DC universe, with powers beyond cosmic, to try to convince us that SMWW would be the destruction of all universes! I do not doubt anything that they do this ... maybe they have not done it yet because they saw that SMWW do not make small ripples in the water but rather waves big enough to be called tsunamis! They know the shot would backfire!

Their New52 costumes are still part of DC current canon and showed via flashbacks. Just recently, Superman appeared with his Jim Lee suit in the latest issue of Teen Titans. It looks he wore it for at least 11 years of his superhero career. ��

Their aesthetics used at six-flags "existed", it's everything else, the meaningful stuff, that is gone.
    And pigs fly. Can DC not insult my intelligence? On moment it is lies. The other moment it never happened. The next moment it did but only the stuff they want to poach they need to justify their hijacking. Then Dr Manhattan did it. Then new 52 jeans and tee is out in the dark multiverse. New 52 WW apparently is so insane she had a dream that lasted 5 years, involving Superman whom she loved dearly

My new 52 SM would never grow up to be Rebirth. I am sorry he never would. New 52 Superman would have been diluted of his passion, his idealism and his beliefs...yes you heard me. His history is not Rebirth's and a lot of the things he seemed to value or focus on was different plus, the timeline does not even make sense, the events make no sense, nor DC trying their best to force whatever it is they want to force. They want to poach a costume...fine. But they cannot poach nor undo 5 years of story, nor get me to swallow it. New 52 Superman as we know him had no id and then he died. OUR Diana mourned him genuinely.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    But don't you think that the New 52 didn't really explore their relationship that well... despite them even having a book together? The relationship just appeared with little build up, and if I recall correctly... it just quietly fizzled out. I'm not sure if there was even a reason given. I'm not really a Superman Wonder Woman shipper, but it seems to me the prospect of it was quite squandered by DC during the New 52, like a lot of things involving Superman really.

Anyway, uh... I just read Action Comics #600. Tons of Superman Wonder Woman in that, though I'm sure you lot already know that. It is a good comic.
    Despite I prefer the months of build up to their kiss of the old AC issue you cite, and I would've liked a similar approach also in the New52, I think their relationship is explored well in their series written by Charles Soule. The problem is that it's an incomplete run and everything that was set by the author didn't have a proper follow-up/pay-off and the book was derailed quickly after he left. 🙁
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-01-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Maybe ... maybe DC has the courage to join the most powerful beings in the DC universe, with powers beyond cosmic, to try to convince us that SMWW would be the destruction of all universes! I do not doubt anything that they do this ... maybe they have not done it yet because they saw that SMWW do not make small ripples in the water but rather waves big enough to be called tsunamis! They know the shot would backfire!
    hehehehehehe. SMWW biggest villains are the ones writing them. Talk about breaking the 4th wall!!

It still amazes me that DC themselves could suggest 2 of the kindest, most compassionate, positive characters because they would get together would kill us all and the universe. The reason...not only they both meta...it is normal for two metas to get together (aquamera, barda/scott)...but one was brought up here an "alien" and who loves his adopted home and the people and one is culturally different and loves her home too and people and her home is here.

So it is xenophobia that is the factor because I cannot for the life of me figure out how or why these two because they loved each other would cause us doom. DC is basing it on the fact they are different in their abilities and culture. It's a pretty backward way to see these characters.

Couples Matching tattoos!

An article from Glamour giving couples ideas for matching tattoos

“These matching tattoos are proof that love can be permanent
    Couples that ink together, stay together. Right?

Want a minimalist tattoo to share with the love of your life? Here are the best couples tattoos we've found on Instagram. From cute, tiny heart tattoos to symbolic designs that hold secret meanings...
    “Are you the Wonder Woman to his Superman? Get these cute superhero symbols to set you up for you life of fighting crime together.”

Read more: https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ga...#ixzz5jbn2ZXIC

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvjJ_VSHQOM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZlfFFHtX2/

Couples Matching tattoos!

An article from Glamour giving couples ideas for matching tattoos

“Are you the Wonder Woman to his Superman? Get these cute superhero symbols to set you up for you life of fighting crime together.”

Read more: https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ga...#ixzz5jbn2ZXIC

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvjJ_VSHQOM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZlfFFHtX2/
    Ah, the best couples' tats are smww ones. If you break up , you're still WW or SM. Together you're THE ULTIMATE POWER COUPLE. Look at how natural and perfect they look together. It's as if they were made to be alongside each other.

Hmm... interesting. SM/WW has the blessing of the Church then. 😅
    The positive representation and message of SMWW Is conveyed in such a deep soul...spiritually connecting way.
    love it!

I don't like the way DC threat its continuity compared to Marvel, but it seems that, lately, SM and WW are the characters more affected by these constant reboots and Frankenstein job of continuities. 🙄 I expect that sooner of later someone will write a meta comic about a cosmic conspiracy against SM/WW to weaken them by turn their lives into an unstable mess. 🤣
    I think they’ve done a “good” job without going that far making an unstable mess of their own with trying to force and mish mash.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Ah, the best couples' tats are smww ones. If you break up , you're still WW or SM. Together you're THE ULTIMATE POWER COUPLE. Look at how natural and perfect they look together. It's as if they were made to be alongside each other.
    Beautiful! The best description of not only having the tats, but the dynamic period. They aren’t defined by each other. Just two individuals connecting, combining their strengths. Strong as indivials, stronger together.

hehehehehehe. SMWW biggest villains are the ones writing them. Talk about breaking the 4th wall!!

It still amazes me that DC themselves could suggest 2 of the kindest, most compassionate, positive characters because they would get together would kill us all and the universe. The reason...not only they both meta...it is normal for two metas to get together (aquamera, barda/scott)...but one was brought up here an "alien" and who loves his adopted home and the people and one is culturally different and loves her home too and people and her home is here.

So it is xenophobia that is the factor because I cannot for the life of me figure out how or why these two because they loved each other would cause us doom. DC is basing it on the fact they are different in their abilities and culture. It's a pretty backward way to see these characters.
    But my dear ... SMWW together is the summit of generosity, love and solidarity together, and yes, this energy can destroy the world ... the world full of hatred, prejudice, anger and envy! It is rather a considerable lethal force ... but deadly only to the existing EVIL!

Cosplay!

New52 Magic Mountain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvspsIqAhx4/

“Superman & Wonder Woman attempting to take Hardly Quinn back to Arkham Asylum♦️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvaTaAMFNHw/

“Superman and Wonder woman They’re supposed to represent hope, opportunity, and strength for everybody 💪💙❤👊 #happy #goodvibes #strength #love”

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...type=3&sfns=mo

More Cosplay

“You give meaning to everything.”

https://www.instagram.com/casignoretti/p/BvsYOZaHHo9/

“Wondercon 2019 is in the books. The Justice League had a great time. So many vendors and cosplayers. We'll be back next year 😁😀😃”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvskWTUjKRp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvrvBm-nNch/

And pigs fly. Can DC not insult my intelligence? On moment it is lies. The other moment it never happened. The next moment it did but only the stuff they want to poach they need to justify their hijacking. Then Dr Manhattan did it. Then new 52 jeans and tee is out in the dark multiverse. New 52 WW apparently is so insane she had a dream that lasted 5 years, involving Superman whom she loved dearly
    DC is in the constant process of figuring out its own continuity as much as the fans are. 😅

My new 52 SM would never grow up to be Rebirth. I am sorry he never would. New 52 Superman would have been diluted of his passion, his idealism and his beliefs...yes you heard me. His history is not Rebirth's and a lot of the things he seemed to value or focus on was different plus, the timeline does not even make sense, the events make no sense, nor DC trying their best to force whatever it is they want to force. They want to poach a costume...fine. But they cannot poach nor undo 5 years of story, nor get me to swallow it. New 52 Superman as we know him had no id and then he died. OUR Diana mourned him genuinely.
    Agreed.

Btw, if I had to choose a final story for him, it would one of the pre-Truth phase and that one below would be the "final moment" of SM/WW. I prefer to remember SM and his relationship with Diana at their best not at their lowest.

DC is in the constant process of figuring out its own continuity as much as the fans are. ��

Agreed.

Btw, if I had to choose a final story for him, it would one of the pre-Truth phase and that one below would be the "final moment" of SM/WW. I prefer to remember SM and his relationship with Diana at their best not at their lowest.

But here was the end of the last SMWW book..... here.... after that was............. errrr... sorry I must remember the rainbows and unicorns..... yeah... rainbows and unicorns

DC is in the constant process of figuring out its own continuity as much as the fans are. 😅
    That’s sad. Smh

Agreed.

This was so beautiful. We saw the progression. They were ready for the next phase. That didn’t mean forced contrived drama for the sake of it. That meant delving more into the threads already laid and their natural conflicts. Learning and growing more together.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    But here was the end of the last SMWW book..... here.... after that was............. errrr... sorry I must remember the rainbows and unicorns..... yeah... rainbows and unicorns
    🙄 nah it was “rainbows and picnics”. The irony of that.

DC is in the constant process of figuring out its own continuity as much as the fans are. ��

Agreed.

Love this moment. I love Soule left it on a positive note and it was one that was showed us the couple was going to fight for what they had and ready for whatever the world was going to toss at them.

I really did not mind the idea behind Truth, was the execution by some that was lacking. Pak did his bit quite well tbh and Tomasi started well then went off on a strange ooc route. Truth was a great opportunity to explore an outed Superman. We really have seen Clark constantly doing his half baked reporter stuff and eternally at the DP and just getting all sorts of jumping the shark retcons to keep him and his status quo stagnant. Been there and done that. Over and over and over...ad nauseum to be honest. It was refreshing to see Clark having to deal with the world and not having to hide. Mind you I think they have not tapped into a phase of SM and WW whereby he and Diana get to be explored as a reporter and an Ambassdor/warrior . That was touched on preflashpoint but only as friends and no one showed us anything much of it in the early days of the new 52 before they started to date. So many missed opportunities.