Page 217 of 410 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Beautiful art again by Sabas and glad to see this time Pol Nino has kept pervy Spider away!!!

The Gender Reveal party...awww. Another one to follow the dozens we have seen in the last months. It's really ironic. DC has many traditional couples. They get the most exposure over decades. So it is not that people do not know them. They do. It's been in tv and comics and movies. DC also has made it known about the legacy characters. They have been trying to push it in cartoons. The legacy characters all have costumes so would be easy to cosplay or do theme parties one who assume with them etc. Yet it is Superman and Wonder Woman that people go for as a couple and family because they know by now that SMWW has a precedence ...their romance is part of DC history...and it also speaks more to them that they choose to use the concept for the most important days in their loves like engagements, weddings, baby reveals, birthdays, holidays etc.
    The natural gravitation toward SMWW comes from the natural recognition of who they are as individual characters and a pair. It’s been said, done, and shown for years...no revisionist history can change that. Especially when the revisions are contradictions within themselves 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    The thing is... it is not what DC shows as "traditional couples" but what people see and want to be. The couples want to be SMWW, the guy want to be SM and the girl want to be WW. It is simple. SMWW represents the best as father and mother, best as a couple... simple.
    Wanting to be the best of best of yourself, being true to who you are, showing that it’s okay and embracing individual uniqueness. Then having someone who absolutely understands, feel not only the sympathy but empathy as well, no hesitation, holding back nor pretending etc....Yeah I’ll say many would much rather have this kind of inspiration to look up to.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.

The thing is... it is not what DC shows as "traditional couples" but what people see and want to be. The couples want to be SMWW, the guy want to be SM and the girl want to be WW. It is simple. SMWW represents the best as father and mother, best as a couple... simple.
    Yes. I am sure the kiddos in the family photos also are happy to be a super/wonder boy or girl!!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lego SM/WW (Blond Superman with his Wonder Woman go on a romantic holiday in Paris):

"The good thing about flight delays? More time for #milkshakes!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv2YwzNndcD/

"On the way to Paris 🗼❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvr2Gfkn_iJ/

"Après le petit déjeuner 🗼🥐☕ (After Breakfast)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv42K9JHJc9/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The natural gravitation toward SMWW comes from the natural recognition of who they are as individual characters and a pair. It’s been said, done, and shown for years...no revisionist history can change that. Especially when the revisions are contradictions within themselves ��

Wanting to be the best of best of yourself, being true to who you are, showing that it’s okay and embracing individual uniqueness. Then having someone who absolutely understands, feel not only the sympathy but empathy as well, no hesitation, holding back nor pretending etc....Yeah I’ll say many would much rather have this kind of inspiration to look up to.
    I know this much. Truth is something Wonder Woman has become a symbol of and she embodies it more authentically than most. Superman fights for it but he does not represent it in the truest sense. He lies. There is no half truth when it comes to truth. There is just truth. You cannot be for truth but lie because it is expedient for you. SMWW I think is one of those relationships that has to have truth and embrace their truth openly to work. So I think if Clark wants to lie he won't get Diana to collude with him indefinitely. Which is why it works as a mature relationship when the old troupes do no matter...ie the DP thing. Clark and Diana in the new 52 worked through from her walking in his shoes to try to understand his ID and how it feels to be a regular person, then to them being exposed so they had to deal with being a couple openly, then to him losing his ID to what they had was out in the open. Full disclosure. Not a fraction. But full. In all parts of their lives. They also in KC and DK verses open. So while the lies and old troupes are needed to prop status quos, for smww they need to reflect the modern society and what we grapple with as truth and what we want and expect of those who are our leaders and icons etc. SMWW when it evolves is a mature, modern, authentic relationship that treats the reader with respect. We don't have to swallow things that make no sense or feels old in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lego SM/WW (Blond Superman with his Wonder Woman go on a romantic holiday in Paris):

"The good thing about flight delays? More time for #milkshakes!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv2YwzNndcD/

"On the way to Paris ��❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvr2Gfkn_iJ/

"Après le petit déjeuner ����☕ (After Breakfast)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv42K9JHJc9/
    They are so cute. Our couple goes places!!! It's so cool to see them in their lego or funko avatars....see the world.

They are so cute. Our couple goes places!!! It's so cool to see them in their lego or funko avatars....see the world.
    I noticed the trend of couples bringing their SM/WW toys in the various places they visit. There are several new accounts dedicated exclusively to SM/WW travels popping up on IG. For example, this one (wherearethosetwo - The Adventures of Diana and Kal-el) featuring Dorbz SM/WW: https://www.instagram.com/where.are.those.two/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.

I know this much. Truth is something Wonder Woman has become a symbol of and she embodies it more authentically than most. Superman fights for it but he does not represent it in the truest sense. He lies. There is no half truth when it comes to truth. There is just truth. You cannot be for truth but lie because it is expedient for you. SMWW I think is one of those relationships that has to have truth and embrace their truth openly to work. So I think if Clark wants to lie he won't get Diana to collude with him indefinitely. Which is why it works as a mature relationship when the old troupes do no matter...ie the DP thing. Clark and Diana in the new 52 worked through from her walking in his shoes to try to understand his ID and how it feels to be a regular person, then to them being exposed so they had to deal with being a couple openly, then to him losing his ID to what they had was out in the open. Full disclosure. Not a fraction. But full. In all parts of their lives. They also in KC and DK verses open. So while the lies and old troupes are needed to prop status quos, for smww they need to reflect the modern society and what we grapple with as truth and what we want and expect of those who are our leaders and icons etc. SMWW when it evolves is a mature, modern, authentic relationship that treats the reader with respect. We don't have to swallow things that make no sense or feels old in the 21st century.
    I think this is what’s misunderstood about their relationship. It’s interpreted as them being above. That’s not it. How does being yourself mean being above others? Diana wants for Clark to be whole heartedly honest and truthful within himself. She believed that he was hiding himself out of shame for who he was, an alien who happens to look human. Diana celebrates life in general and her culture. She saw, embraced and accepted all of who Kal was before he could do that himself. She supported him and pushed him to not hold back. In turn, Diana does understand the benefit of the ID, having privacy. Just as in TOA, Clark himself said it’s not “hiding”, it’s “blending in”. But they are still themselves without putting on an act. Old troupes are full of contradictions that can’t be easily glossed over anymore.

More from Lego SM/WW's romantic holiday in Paris:

"3 great pictures, of 2 Souls in love, recorded on 1 wonderful weekend ❤️🗼💙 Which one is your favorite?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBbfHpn7js/

I think this is what’s misunderstood about their relationship. It’s interpreted as them being above. That’s not it. How does being yourself mean being above others? Diana wants for Clark to be whole heartedly honest and truthful within himself. She believed that he was hiding himself out of shame for who he was, an alien who happens to look human. Diana celebrates life in general and her culture. She saw, embraced and accepted all of who Kal was before he could do that himself. She supported him and pushed him to not hold back. In turn, Diana does understand the benefit of the ID, having privacy. Just as in TOA, Clark himself said it’s not “hiding”, it’s “blending in”. But they are still themselves without putting on an act. Old troupes are full of contradictions that can’t be easily glossed over anymore.
    DC try to justify Clark's ID with some outdated stuff. Look superheroes are a dime a dozen and there are many of them doing better than he is. DC elevating Superman as the best because he is iconic when there is precious little in the material to even elevate him is annoying after a while. How often you going to kill him? A secret ID or so called normal life is not what is needed to even function as a hero in today's landscape. The most moral hero in pop culture right now is Captain America for good reason. He walks the walk and talks the talk and is truly selfless and heroic. It is only the need to keep Clark at the DP that they try to suggest he needs x or y to be when that is not the case at all. He can be exactly what he is and who he can be away from it. Be it free lance or writer or foreign correspondent. What they are doing is keeping Clark in a box. In reality I doubt an idealist like him would be so boxed in in terms of how he uses his writing. The troupe of Ids are more outdated than those who are what they are. Clark works best with Diana as a man who has lived and who has walked the walk and who has a very global and universal pov. A manchild who wants comfy life or to pretend he knows what truth means when he really does not live it...I'm guessing that won't work. It's why i am guessing new 52 ended with Clark 's ID outed. And in AU they do not have to deal with the canon stuff of him running around pretending he is investigating ...(the dude has super senses for crying out loud and can read a book in seconds or at least he used to...he does not need to act as a Hardy boy) when he could easily be writing to educate the world about social injustice and standing up for the oppressed. I think out best bet is AU or the new 52 path because anything else presents a Clark who feels stagnant even in his view of the world. So I would prefer at this stage AU, not subjected to stagnant troupes . Plus really there is no one really at DC right now I would say cares for smww even as besties. Those who pretend they do just uses Diana to be a mouthpiece for SM's status quo than they explore them as friends or what they mean to each other as friends. They do that for him and BM. Not WW. The boys' club is obviously more important. She is like a mere acquaintance to a guy once her best friend and lover. Preflashpoint many writers definitely did seem to value their dynamic as close friends with that UST.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.

I noticed the trend of couples bringing their SM/WW toys in the various places they visit. There are several new accounts dedicated exclusively to SM/WW travels popping up on IG. For example, this one (wherearethosetwo - The Adventures of Diana and Kal-el) featuring Dorbz SM/WW: https://www.instagram.com/where.are.those.two/
    Yes, yes! They are great!

More from Lego SM/WW's romantic holiday in Paris:

"3 great pictures, of 2 Souls in love, recorded on 1 wonderful weekend ❤️���� Which one is your favorite?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBbfHpn7js/
    Awwwww. Our couple always visit Paris too it seems.

I have seen another account there too.

Don't ask me what this post is supposed to be about... 😅

"When I was little, I always dreams that #wonderwoman was going to marry #superman 💥🦸🏻🦸🏼❤️. By the looks of it the big Man is loving his #futurewife 💖😆"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuuTKPrnfOg/

"Superman and Wonder Woman."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu63q0egeZR/

Don't ask me what this post is supposed to be about... 😅

"When I was little, I always dreams that #wonderwoman was going to marry #superman 💥🦸🏻🦸🏼❤️. By the looks of it the big Man is loving his #futurewife 💖😆"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuuTKPrnfOg/

"Superman and Wonder Woman."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu63q0egeZR/
    SMWW is universal and diverse in representation and as said always expect the unexpected 🤣

The first first part of the the first caption is already A1. I’ve seen many other horses in costumes before! It’s adorable!!

Awwwww. Our couple always visit Paris too it seems.

I have seen another account there too.
    There's this one (Super Wonder Travellers) with Legos: https://www.instagram.com/super.wonder.travelers/ But it's inactive for months (no new travels, I guess?)

I casually found this one too, it's old and inactive for 3 years: https://www.instagram.com/superduo_adventures/

SMWW is universal and diverse in representation and as said always expect the unexpected 🤣
    Stop it. 😝

I agree with you. The days of the non-powered female love interest who constantly needs protecting or saving are behind us, or at least should be IMO. It is an insulting and sexist paradigm that I think should end asap. How sad that some in the Comic Book Industry feel a need to perpetuate this tired old trope in 2019, little wonder Manga (which has a long tradition of powerful female characters) sales are starting to trounce traditional comic books.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you. The days of the non-powered female love interest who constantly needs protecting or saving are behind us, or at least should be IMO. It is an insulting and sexist paradigm that I think should end asap. How sad that some in the Comic Book Industry feel a need to perpetuate this tired old trope in 2019, little wonder Manga (which has a long tradition of powerful female characters) sales are starting to trounce traditional comic books.
    Mansels are as bad as damsels. Any one used as a plot device or where they're too scared to challenge a character because they can't be upstaged etc...that's not equality. It is 2019, we should never be hearing argument s like 2 powerful characters cannot be together because they need humanizing. Humans lack humanity and responsible for the worse atrocities in history . Whether you can toss a tank or potato sack has nothing to do with yr humanity. Our Clark and Diana are 2 good beings and examples to us and together would fight to make the world better for us, not themselves.
    Wonder how a manga writer would tackle SMWW? Bet it'd be fun!
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-10-2019 at 03:39 PM.