Page 218 of 410 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Mansels are as bad as damsels. Any one used as a plot device or where they're too scared to challenge a character because they can't be upstaged etc...that's not equality....
    I agree with you completely. I simply used damsels because they tend to be more prevalent but, yeah, mansels are the same equally bitter cup of tea.

Edit - I also hate the notion that because Clark and Diana are "above the common people" they would be out of touch as a couple. By this sort of sorry logic, no philanthropist on Earth no matter how dedicated or kind-hearted could be a "good person" because they do not live a normal life. It would be like saying the late Princess Diana was aloof because she didn't work a nine to five job, and her inner circle similarily did not, so no matter how much good she did she still was not an "authentic" person. Give me a damn break.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

DCEU Magazine edits by WhisperingWater

This pretty much goes into playing with the “tabloid couple” idea! 😉

“PEOPLE of Metropolis”

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you completely. I simply used damsels because they tend to be more prevalent but, yeah, mansels are the same equally bitter cup of tea.

Edit - I also hate the notion that because Clark and Diana are "above the common people" they would be out of touch as a couple. By this sort of sorry logic, no philanthropist on Earth no matter how dedicated or kind-hearted could be a "good person" because they do not live a normal life. It would be like saying the late Princess Diana was aloof because she didn't work a nine to five job, and her inner circle similarily did not, so no matter how much good she did she still was not an "authentic" person. Give me a damn break.
    I wonder what these people think is "normal" ... I think it was Morticia Addams who said "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly "... that is, what is normal for a human can be terribly chaotic for SM or WW. Imagine how much effort, how much they cancel out to try to live between humans and having relationships with humans ... we will only know what is normal for them when they live among equals, and how surprising it will be to identify with them in their normalities!
    By the way... your edit is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I wonder what these people think is "normal" ... I think it was Morticia Addams who said "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly "... that is, what is normal for a human can be terribly chaotic for SM or WW. Imagine how much effort, how much they cancel out to try to live between humans and having relationships with humans ... we will only know what is normal for them when they live among equals, and how surprising it will be to identify with them in their normalities!
    "Normal" for certain people is (or so I've been told) Diana and Clark being with non-super powered partners is essential so they don't become elitists who are "above" the people they protect due to not mingling in a romantic fashion. By this flawed logic military, or police, or medical families can't identify with those they serve.

PS Thanks for the compliment.

Edit - I think the above is a strawman argument made by those who are fans of an unalterable status quo appealing to nostalgia. Sadly, this small but vocal minority seems to be overrepresented in the Comic Book industry itself.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Queen of Jordan, Michelle Obama, Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, Malala, Mother Theresa, ...all beautiful in their own way in their heart and mind, high profile, humanitarians, hearts of gold...some born wealthy, some rose to prominence by hard work, some thrust into prominence by situation and choice, but they are living or lived different lives to you and I because they live on a slightly different level being high profile and scrutiny is part of it too. They have or had their own normal and no one can tell me they do not understand pain and had no compassion and do not have the same needs we do. They do. They want a better world, they want to be loved, they want happiness...but they want it for themselves and others too. Diana is like this. She works towards this. Part of her history always had this whether as an Ambassador, or simply trying to understand us. Spirit of Truth is one of my favorites and it shows how willing Diana is adapt to understand us. Not fit in but to understand. She does not have to fit in because she is comfortable with herself. But she can learn from others just the same as we do when we travel to other country and cultures. Clark also imo as a reporter and Superman imo needs to do this too and he needs to think about what his power means to him and what it means to the earth and how he needs to use it. Peace of Earth another excellent book acts almost to me as a companion to Spirit of Truth. It shows two good beings. Who connect to each other because they have the same aspirations..they ultimately want to help. Sometimes you have to step up, sometimes you have to step back, but you have to own what and who you are. They both learned that. DC are barely touching the potential for SMWW as a pairing.

Part 2 of the DCEU magazine edits by WhisperingWater

Love your analogy.

Can you imagine growing up with books or movies that had no talking animals, flying carpets, magical brooms, lamps, beanstalks, dancing furniture, pixies, fairies, giants, magic, spaceships, sorcerers, dragons, light sabers, the Force, Orcs, Elves, talking trees, etc etc etc. What a washed out world it would be. Some of my best lessons were taught to me by so called not normal characters. Similarly it would be sad if Superman a non human character was never conceived nor allowed to evolve or kept just being leaper of buildings and just only as fast as a locomotive. Wonder Woman came about as a reply to Superman. Marston himself understood the need to make the woman the equal of the male. Normal as you say is such a lazy term even among humans. It is a myth. I would love someone to embrace SMWW potential the way The Incredibles did their Power Family.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-10-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Part 2 of the DCEU magazine edits by WhisperingWater

AHHHHH. How gorgeous these two look together! Those headlines!!! Heheheh.
    And seems we are not the only people noticing!

http://geeksoncoffee.com/gal-gadot-a...1BCpgctmZcvx2c

"Normal" for certain people is (or so I've been told) Diana and Clark being with non-super powered partners is essential so they don't become elitists who are "above" the people they protect due to not mingling in a romantic fashion. By this flawed logic military, or police, or medical families can't identify with those they serve.

PS Thanks for the compliment.

Edit - I think the above is a strawman argument made by those who are fans of an unalterable status quo appealing to nostalgia. Sadly, this small but vocal minority seems to be overrepresented in the Comic Book industry itself.
    The Queen of Jordan, Michelle Obama, Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, Malala, Mother Theresa, ...all beautiful in their own way in their heart and mind, high profile, humanitarians, hearts of gold...some born wealthy, some rose to prominence by hard work, some thrust into prominence by situation and choice, but they are living or lived different lives to you and I because they live on a slightly different level being high profile and scrutiny is part of it too. They have or had their own normal and no one can tell me they do not understand pain and had no compassion and do not have the same needs we do. They do. They want a better world, they want to be loved, they want happiness...but they want it for themselves and others too. Diana is like this. She works towards this. Part of her history always had this whether as an Ambassador, or simply trying to understand us. Spirit of Truth is one of my favorites and it shows how willing Diana is adapt to understand us. Not fit in but to understand. She does not have to fit in because she is comfortable with herself. But she can learn from others just the same as we do when we travel to other country and cultures. Clark also imo as a reporter and Superman imo needs to do this too and he needs to think about what his power means to him and what it means to the earth and how he needs to use it. Peace of Earth another excellent book acts almost to me as a companion to Spirit of Truth. It shows two good beings. Who connect to each other because they have the same aspirations..they ultimately want to help. Sometimes you have to step up, sometimes you have to step back, but you have to own what and who you are. They both learned that. DC are barely touching the potential for SMWW as a pairing.
    People in reality have their own kind of normalcy. There’s not one way of “normal”. This narrow minded view of even the “American way” has changed. If Diana wanted to be above, she wouldn’t have left Themyscira in the first place, or coming to man’s world, she would’ve flaunted being a Princess, yet she doesn’t and that doesn’t define her. She was determined to get away to not only explore the world outside the island but of all the stories she’s heard of the outside world, she wanted to make a change and difference

Clark knowing the power he possess, could’ve been thrown everything the Kent’s taught and instilled in him out the window but yet he values it all to fight for the oppress, standing up to bullies and such.

All of this is somehow ignored for some contrived narrative that isn’t doing any good. It doesn’t make Clark and Diana relatable, it paints the outsider/non-human aspect in a negative light. That should not be.

AHHHHH. How gorgeous these two look together! Those headlines!!! Heheheh.
    And seems we are not the only people noticing!

http://geeksoncoffee.com/gal-gadot-a...1BCpgctmZcvx2c
    Right!! This would be quite an interesting and fun story! But also, live action SMWW movie would be on point! 😉

Good morning, my friends!!!! A happy and blessed day for us all!

“I think you're still the only person sharp enough to sharpen someone like me.”
    ― Veronica Roth, Allegiant

"Dinner for 2 ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtgWnOdl...on_share_sheet

"With him ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bta2gDal...on_share_sheet

"Sunday mornings ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQrUJjl...on_share_sheet

"Dinner for 2 ❤️"

"With him ❤️"

"Sunday mornings ❤️"

Good morning!

So Superman and Wonder Woman couples are taking their smww toys around the world...and also to events and dates!! It is not just only doing toy photography. It means something special to them.

This is a trend that is taking on by itself. And dumb DC and blind WB cannot see the forest for the trees. Imagine SM and WW were a legit couple on screen or even allowed to build a dynamic like preflashpoint, goodness knows what we would get because this is happening despite what DC are doing.

I can only conclude DC is trying to suffocate the pairing because they are concerned it would detract from their own love interests and affect books and movies etc. But it already has because many people prefer smww...so seems like they are fighting against the tide to me to take this nothing for smww approach. Come on , DC, we are waiting for AU SMWW!!
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-11-2019 at 08:21 AM.

They just scratched the story of SMWW as a couple, saw the possibility, their greatness, panicked as it would be the death of any different version and resolved not only to end the relationship but to delete it completely.

Love your analogy.

Can you imagine growing up with books or movies that had no talking animals, flying carpets, magical brooms, lamps, beanstalks, dancing furniture, pixies, fairies, giants, magic, spaceships, sorcerers, dragons, light sabers, the Force, Orcs, Elves, talking trees, etc etc etc. What a washed out world it would be.
    It would basically live in the world of 1984 and Fahrenheit 451, would be the death of mankind.

Some of my best lessons were taught to me by so called not normal characters. Similarly it would be sad if Superman a non human character was never conceived nor allowed to evolve or kept just being leaper of buildings and just only as fast as a locomotive. Wonder Woman came about as a reply to Superman. Marston himself understood the need to make the woman the equal of the male. Normal as you say is such a lazy term even among humans. It is a myth. I would love someone to embrace SMWW potential the way The Incredibles did their Power Family.
    I wonder how much a being should annul, must repress to comply with such norms of "normality"...

“It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural.”
    ― Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Good morning!

So Superman and Wonder Woman couples are taking their smww toys around the world...and also to events and dates!! It is not just only doing toy photography. It means something special to them.

This is a trend that is taking on by itself. And dumb DC and blind WB cannot see the forest for the trees. Imagine SM and WW were a legit couple on screen or even allowed to build a dynamic like preflashpoint, goodness knows what we would get because this is happening despite what DC are doing.

I can only conclude DC is trying to suffocate the pairing because they are concerned it would detract from their own love interests and affect books and movies etc. But it already has because many people prefer smww... so seems like they are fighting against the tide to me to take this nothing for smww approach.
    The behavior of DC with SMWW is not one who made a mistake as some people are saying, it is the total hate behavior to the couple! If there is such hatred it means that they have made a movement strong enough to arouse such intense feelings in fans and haters ... this is indeed success! How long have we been without them? 3? And they are still very, very present in the hearts and minds of those who love and hate them ... this is success and not the doldrums we have today.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-11-2019 at 08:31 AM.

"Dinner for 2 ❤️"

"With him ❤️"

"Sunday mornings ❤️"

Good morning!

I can only conclude DC is trying to suffocate the pairing because they are concerned it would detract from their own love interests and affect books and movies etc. But it already has because many people prefer smww...so seems like they are fighting against the tide to me to take this nothing for smww approach. Come on , DC, we are waiting for AU SMWW!!
    Good Morning and Happy Thursday! 🤗

1000% agree with the bold! SMWW sets trends so effortlessly and it all has so much meaning. Something so simple can translate to something much bigger because the pair has been and always will be ahead of its time reaching the diverse and modern audience.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Finally the DCEU edits have been posted, albeit with a "slight" delay. 😅 I'm not sure about the order of the Tabloid pics but it looks like they tell a singular story.
    Btw, Clark Kent being heartbroken because Wonder Woman is dating (or is engaged to) Superman is material for an interesting story. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Finally the DCEU edits have been posted, albeit with a "slight" delay. 😅 I'm not sure about the order of the Tabloid pics but it looks like they tell a singular story.
    Btw, Clark Kent being heartbroken because Wonder Woman is dating (or is engaged to) Superman is material for an interesting story. 🤣
    LOL! 🤣 yeah...took a long minute!

I think that’s the order, given the other headlines with Clark, Bruce and Kara. It’s pretty neat.

This seem to be that Wonder Woman/Princess Diana/Diana Prince has the more open unified ID, while Kal’s remains secret/separated for a while. This continues to be in line with the idea Diana is his motivation to finally step up and be honest, not only with himself but to the public. This would definitely be an interesting story to tell and probably much needed.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-11-2019 at 03:59 PM.