Page 220 of 410 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Part 2 of the DCEU magazine edits by WhisperingWater

These magazine edits are pure gold!
    I would love to read a well told Fanfic centered around these headlines and the supposed triangle between Superman, Wonder Woman and Clark Kent. Then the shocking discovery that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same. That would be something indeed dealing with the aftermath of such a reveal for Diana and Kal along with the public, especially those that only knew Clark as Clark Kent.

I'm still not a fan of Superman's secret ID being completely outed as I value privacy greatly. At heart he is a man who lived majority of his life in relative anonymity so to have that completely destroyed would not just be jarring now that he could no longer fall back on Clark Kent to blend in, there would also now be so much that would need to be thought about, not to speak of the emotional and psychological cost. What becomes now of those known to be close to Clark Kent who have now essentially acquired a target on their back? How do Diana and Kal avoid public scrutiny from a public that already had an obsessive interest in them? Does it mean no more quiet romantic outings?? So many questions.

People in reality have their own kind of normalcy. There’s not one way of “normal”. This narrow minded view of even the “American way” has changed. If Diana wanted to be above, she wouldn’t have left Themyscira in the first place, or coming to man’s world, she would’ve flaunted being a Princess, yet she doesn’t and that doesn’t define her. She was determined to get away to not only explore the world outside the island but of all the stories she’s heard of the outside world, she wanted to make a change and difference

Clark knowing the power he possess, could’ve been thrown everything the Kent’s taught and instilled in him out the window but yet he values it all to fight for the oppress, standing up to bullies and such.

All of this is somehow ignored for some contrived narrative that isn’t doing any good. It doesn’t make Clark and Diana relatable, it paints the outsider/non-human aspect in a negative light. That should not be.
    Say that again! This is what I mean when I talk about gaslighting narratives in order to subvert who these two characters are. All in an attempt to push a warped narrative that not only isn't it compelling it is demeaning. But hey, anything for the status quo right? Doesn't matter how destructive and tarnishing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Painting by Arte Zeta Studio (inspired by Jim Lee):

"#superkiss #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvb7FCWljYr/

Mural by Leonardo Dal Maso (inspired by Alex Ross):

"So we finished a painting Sunday at home #mural #wonderwoman #superman #dc putting into practice what we learned with the great @maxibagnasco"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv-AO5mFeP8/

Another painting by Arte Zeta Studio (inspired by Mike Deodato Jr.):

"#superkiss"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvb7u21FsBo/

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Good morning!

So Superman and Wonder Woman couples are taking their smww toys around the world...and also to events and dates!! It is not just only doing toy photography. It means something special to them.

This is a trend that is taking on by itself. And dumb DC and blind WB cannot see the forest for the trees. Imagine SM and WW were a legit couple on screen or even allowed to build a dynamic like preflashpoint, goodness knows what we would get because this is happening despite what DC are doing.

I can only conclude DC is trying to suffocate the pairing because they are concerned it would detract from their own love interests and affect books and movies etc. But it already has because many people prefer smww...so seems like they are fighting against the tide to me to take this nothing for smww approach. Come on , DC, we are waiting for AU SMWW!!
    They are too busy trying to control what we can have access to and what we should care for. And it's laughable because it is done in the most hamfisted and uncompelling manner.

However, as Deiasilva rightly stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Our people, our fandom, are creating in various ways the stories and scenes we want to see.
    And I am ever so grateful for that. The pictures, edits, family events, other life events in which SMWW are showcased is truly heartwarming and indicative of the POSITIVE ideology these two represent despite attempts to remove such vital core aspects of them from them through subversive storyline that is more interested in old displaying status quo for the sake of status quo.

Good morning, my dear friends!!!! Happy Friday for us all!!!! Let's start the day with positive thoughts and actions so that this Friday becomes memorable!

“I’m not a warrior or a goddess,” I said at last.

Adrian leaned closer. “As far as I’m concerned, you’re both.”
    ― Richelle Mead, The Indigo Spell

"Ahh... how I feel like the wonder-mother of Louis Philippe! In his world he finds me perfect, beautiful... in the midst of my imperfections, he is my everything... my balance point... and that's exactly what I need not to go crazy in my full and difficult days!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv71xwFH...on_share_sheet

"#love #couple #photo #photooftheday #photoshoot #photolove #beautiful #beauty #purelove #smile #happy #happiness #day #sesion #sesiondefotos #amor #fotodeldia #fotografia #felicidad #kiss #cute #superheroes #superman #wonderwoman #family"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIvCAUB...on_share_sheet

"Happy 'Throwback Thursday', Guys!! So these pics are from the very first Halloween my beautiful wife @findpam and I ever spent together back when we first started dating... As I recall, we got sushi and went bowling that night. Have a "Super" night, Everyone!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwI9d7BD...on_share_sheet
    You always seem to have the most meaningful, uplifting and inspiring quotes/messages to share Deiasilva! Thank you for these beautiful words.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    hi guys. Why are Supes and WW kissing here? Is it pre-crisis?

This is post crisis/preflashpoint. If I remember correctly this is from Superman and Wonder Woman's first "date" in Action Comics #600. Instead of saying hello, on meeting her Superman plants a kiss on Diana. Diana who is still very new to Man's World and feels very awkward about his action because she is unused to the feelings thoughts of him bring up in her.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Precisely. And it is the continuous attempts to subvert and undermine such a history and dynamic of these two that I will never quite understand. It is the actions of those who fail to value meaningful content and qualities. It is shameful and saddening to me in a way that I cannot fully put into words.

The bolded and underlined part. I have heard similar comments made and iterated to me by professionals and leaders in multicultural settings. The need and importance of having someone, doesn't even have to be a romantic, who understands you, your pov, your experience. Someone you don't have to explain it to, a person that just gets it. It is an affirming and validating experience. It is why Diana and Clark's/Kal's relationship during the preflashpoint era was so meaningful, endearing, authentic and heartfelt. Even those who didn't necessarily want them together romantically admired the deep friendship and connection that they had. They saw the beauty of it. It was the kind of connection that can not be fully captured in words. Imagine how much more amazing to then have that kind of bond with your romantic partner?

I will keep saying this, there is a reason that the SMWW fandom is made up of individuals from diverse backgrounds and it is no surprise that it is those aforementioned qualities of SMWW's connection that drew so many of us to them. Many of us understand the value and significance of being with someone who gets it completely. Being with and around someone you don't always have to explain why you feel a certain way or why you have to do a certain thing. They get it because it is the same for them.

It saddens me that meaningful content is not valued any more. DC has at its finger tips two characters that under the right writers could be at the head of many meaningful, organic, compelling stories. Yet they choose the regressive, mawkish and insulting ones in its attempts to push narrow point of views in its attempts to gaslight and push their own narratives.
    That’s pretty much it...living within a multicultural setting, gives the more broader and deeper outlook.
    The times now are changing to value diversity as it always should’ve. Superman and Wonder Woman are the characters that suppose to represent this. When this is ignored, forced into a backwards narrative, Superman and Wonder Woman lose more and more of their deeper purpose and many just look and accept the superficial things.

Another thing that gets misunderstood. Kal and Diana’s relationship is one that doesn’t rely on romance. As we’ve spoke about this before, it relies on certain levels of every kind of love, relies on complete understanding, trust and honesty.
    This is a very complexed and rare relationship written. That’s why it stands out and so important.

These magazine edits are pure gold!
    I would love to read a well told Fanfic centered around these headlines and the supposed triangle between Superman, Wonder Woman and Clark Kent. Then the shocking discovery that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same. That would be something indeed dealing with the aftermath of such a reveal for Diana and Kal along with the public, especially those that only knew Clark as Clark Kent.

I'm still not a fan of Superman's secret ID being completely outed as I value privacy greatly. At heart he is a man who lived majority of his life in relative anonymity so to have that completely destroyed would not just be jarring now that he could no longer fall back on Clark Kent to blend in, there would also now be so much that would need to be thought about, not to speak of the emotional and psychological cost. What becomes now of those known to be close to Clark Kent who have now essentially acquired a target on their back? How do Diana and Kal avoid public scrutiny from a public that already had an obsessive interest in them? Does it mean no more quiet romantic outings?? So many questions.
    It’s a very complexed and challenging story. We see many other characters however that deal with this. Superman (and Wonder Womn) are suppose to be the main ones to do so. Or if to keep the secret ID, stop with the “pretending” “resentful because not human” narrative.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-13-2019 at 12:28 PM.

OMG!!! I so forgot about that!! 🤔 LOL now that you have mentioned it...how much longer?
    I almost forgot it as well. 😅 The sales numbers have been ready for months. It's the actual analysis that must be written. It will not take long to write it, I could post it in one of the next few weeks. Keep pushing for it. 😉

Yes and No. That’s just the complicated situation, he (and Diana) will figure out. Just as celebrities do all the time. Life shouldn’t be easy for him pretending and “passing” on a daily. That’s not truly living in Truth. So if he wants to speak and be for truth, he has to actually live it.
    Without a secret ID, they couldn't even go at a restaurant without being surrounded by people taking pictures of them. 🤔

We don’t see many new52 figures posts period. Though when there is, it’s more advertising or they may have one of the SMWW images in the background. New52 posts are also mostly of the statues.
    The DCEU figures are more apt for cinematic shoots. 😉
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-13-2019 at 01:13 PM.

That’s pretty much it...living within a multicultural setting, gives the more broader and deeper outlook.
    The times now are changing to value diversity as it always should’ve. Superman and Wonder Woman are the characters that suppose to represent this. When this is ignored, forced into a backwards narrative, Superman and Wonder Woman lose more and more of their deeper purpose and many just look and accept the superficial things.

Another thing that gets misunderstood. Kal and Diana’s relationship is one that doesn’t rely on romance. As we’ve spoke about this before, it relies on certain levels of every kind of love, relies on complete understanding, trust and honesty.
    This is a very complexed and rare relationship written. That’s why it stands out and so important.
    That's the bottom line. It is a complex and like you rightly stated, rare relationship. And it should be.
    Superman and Wonder Woman aren't just anybody and it makes so much sense that when they do bond, it will be on so many various levels. Why this is hard to capture by some writers is because they can only write from where they are emotionally, psychologically, mentally, and experience wise. They would need to understand the depth and gravity of such a relationship to not only truly value it but capture it authentically as well. You can't write from a place you don't understand. I really miss those writers who were able to really capture SMWW's dynamic preflashpoint.

It’s a very complexed and challenging story. We see many other characters however that deal with this. Superman (and Wonder Womn) are suppose to be the main ones to do so. Or if to keep the secret ID, stop with the “pretending” “resentful because not human” narrative.
    And that's the crux of it. The ID should NEVER be used in such a way. It's the reason I hate the tagline "Clark is who I am" that some at DC try to push. It is done as a means to undercut all of who he is. To deny that he is more than just Clark, pushing away or resenting his alien-ness so to be normal? That's what I find problematic. Especially, for a character that is purported to symbolize hope. The Man of Tomorrow?

However, the secret ID should not be made synonymous with wanting to act or be normal, whatever that means. The ID is significant because it does serve a purpose. I want SMWW being able to get around without being hounded, and for Superman, Clark Kent is a part of who he is, just not all of who he is, so he should be able to have that until the day he is ready to give it up.
    Last edited by LadyP; 04-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I almost forgot it as well. 😅 The sales numbers have been ready for months. It's the actual analysis that must be written. It will not take long to write it, I could post it in one of the next few weeks. Keep pushing for it. 😉
    LOL yeah I’m very interested in this so one more thing to push for 😅 I guess it’s not that bad to wait

Without a secret ID, they couldn't even go at a restaurant without being surrounded by people taking pictures of them. 🤔
    Just as above...the ID can be kept without the forced resentfulness

That's the bottom line. It is a complex and like you rightly stated, rare relationship. And it should be.
    Superman and Wonder Woman aren't just anybody and it makes so much sense that when they do bond, it will be on so many various levels. Why this is hard to capture by some writers is because they can only write from where they are emotionally, psychologically, mentally, and experience wise. They would need to understand the depth and gravity of such a relationship to not only truly value it but capture it authentically as well. You can't write from a place you don't understand. I really miss those writers who were able to really capture SMWW's dynamic preflashpoint.
    Exactly! This is the biggest factor. Some writers say it’s hard or just don’t want to take up the challenge, don’t want to understand. Instead they change the characters to fit their view and set limitations.
    Soule said he was intimidated because he was writing two powerhouses. Making sure to find the right balance between the two and be equal with page time etc. But he took on the challenge and did great! He understood because he is an immigration lawyer. He has had the personal experience and he respects both characters.

And that's the crux of it. The ID should NEVER be used in such a way. It's the reason I hate the tagline "Clark is who I am" that some at DC try to push. Iit is done as a means to undercut all of who he is. To deny that he is more than just Clark, pushing away or resenting his alien-ness so to be normal? That's what I find problematic. Especially, for a character that is purported to symbolize hope. The Man of Tomorrow?

However, the secret ID should not be made synonymous with wanting to act or be normal, whatever that means. The ID is significant because it does serve a purpose. I want SMWW being able to get around without being hounded, and for Superman, Clark Kent is a part of who he is, just not all of who he is, so he should be able to have that until the day he is ready to give it up.
    Right! It should be as in TOA, it’s not being one of them, it’s blending in with them. That’s the most honest take.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

LOL yeah I’m very interested in this so one more thing to push for 😅 I guess it’s not that bad to wait

Just as above...the ID can be kept without the forced resentfulness

Exactly! This is the biggest factor. Some writers say it’s hard or just don’t want to take up the challenge, don’t want to understand. Instead they change the characters to fit their view and set limitations.
    Soule said he was intimidated because he was writing two powerhouses. Making sure to find the right balance between the two and be equal with page time etc. But he took on the challenge and did great! He understood because he is an immigration lawyer. He has had the personal experience and he respects both characters.

Right! It should be as in TOA, it’s not being one of them, it’s blending in with them. That’s the most honest take.
    Agreed.
    There needs to be a mindset shift on that. I'm tired of that unfavorable narrative about resenting his otherness in regards to Clark or Diana's ability to embrace that otherness being painted as something negative.
    How I yearn for meaningful storylines regarding these two that would have me interested once again in picking up comics.

GOOD MORNING MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!! A HAPPY SUNDAY FOR US ALL!!!!!!

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

"Wonder Woman and Superman were spotted dancing together!
    Ahhh! It is so good when everything is planned and organized with care. Parents, birthday girl and guests are surprised every moment.❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwCMaTdA...on_share_sheet

"Please hold my hand. I extend it to you as a gesture of friendship and love, and of free faith. I stretch out my hand and receive you in my dream.
    Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwA-U_MB...on_share_sheet

Another representation of Super-Wonder Family:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMqnQVg...on_share_sheet

GOOD MORNING MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!! A HAPPY SUNDAY FOR US ALL!!!!!!

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

"Wonder Woman and Superman were spotted dancing together!
    Ahhh! It is so good when everything is planned and organized with care. Parents, birthday girl and guests are surprised every moment.❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwCMaTdA...on_share_sheet

"Please hold my hand. I extend it to you as a gesture of friendship and love, and of free faith. I stretch out my hand and receive you in my dream.
    Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwA-U_MB...on_share_sheet

Another representation of Super-Wonder Family:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMqnQVg...on_share_sheet
    Bold: The quote and the caption is perfection!! “Live your truth,” is exactly what Diana says and stands for. This quote is from a book talking about “human experience”. Wonder Woman and Superman represent this naturally. They don’t need forced contrived, contradicting narratives to be who they always have been from their creation.

Love how so many couples talk about having a bond of friendship. This exemplifies how “real” Kal and Diana’s complexed relationship is.

Delicious SM/WW themed cakes and a cute cake-topper:

"Superheroes + Sprinkles= a 5 year old’s dream cake! (I had an inkling it was going to be a hit with the kids when my 5 year old asked me if this one “could just stay home with us” 🤣 )"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPSCOeB6Pd/

"Bald Clark Kent with Wonder Woman🥂 Custom cake topper 💕 Hand made and specially custom for you! 🎂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAnKoqHDof/

"How cute is this cake? Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFs9riJcDb/

I promise I'll start working on it soon. Maybe if I'll dedicate a few minutes to write it every now and then, it'll be ready before Summer. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Delicious SM/WW themed cakes and a cute cake-topper:

"Superheroes + Sprinkles= a 5 year old’s dream cake! (I had an inkling it was going to be a hit with the kids when my 5 year old asked me if this one “could just stay home with us” 🤣 )"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPSCOeB6Pd/
    This is nicely decorated! New52 cake toppers! Wouldn’t want it to be cut honestly 😅

"Bald Clark Kent with Wonder Woman🥂 Custom cake topper 💕 Hand made and specially custom for you! 🎂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAnKoqHDof/
    First blonde Clark Kent/Superman now we have bald Clark Kent/Superman 🤣 we gotta love the diversity!

"How cute is this cake? Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFs9riJcDb/
    Every time I see this design in general, I think of a toddler justice league show! That’s would be so adorable for the kiddos!

I promise I'll start working on it soon. Maybe if I'll dedicate a few minutes to write it every now and then, it'll be ready before Summer. 😅
    LOL before summer? I take it that still mean weeks instead of at least a couple of days soon

This is nicely decorated! New52 cake toppers! Wouldn’t want it to be cut honestly 😅
    Honestly, I'll cut and eat it too. Just keep the SM/WW cake toppers. 😝

First blonde Clark Kent/Superman now we have bald Clark Kent/Superman 🤣 we gotta love the diversity!
    lol.

I see that they often use the same template for the SM/WW cake toppers but change SM's appearance. 🤔

Every time I see this design in general, I think of a toddler justice league show! That’s would be so adorable for the kiddos!
    CN will cancel it after the 1st season anyway. 🙄

LOL before summer? I take it that still mean weeks instead of at least a couple of days soon
    I really have no idea. But if I'll start to type it, it won't take long to complete it. It's not an essay.
    Till now it took so long because I lazily set it aside and forgot about it later.