Page 229 of 410 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    But they are still 2 characters that know each others since 2016, they cannot suddenly realize that they like to talk to each others in a movie of 2026. 😂 Something should've happened in the meantime off-screen.
    It’s more like they know of each other and still barely that. They should’ve did right the first time. Trying to make it seem like something now isn’t genuine. That’s DC’s main problem lately. Rushing, little to no development, out of nowhere plots and dynamics...whatever. Nope. Unacceptable

Well, it seems the problem was that they wanted to have just one male lead in their franchise and that wasn't Superman and he kept being sidelined one way or another. 🤨
    The Justice League suppose to be on some level of equal. Sure you have a leader but no one should be purposely sidelined to try to force stuff. Now we see how that has turned out.🙄

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Original Jim Lee art hanging on a wall of the house of former DC Comics President Diane Nelson (she shared the pic for Valentine's Day, sorry for the late post):

"❤️😘 the most perfect Valentine ever @jimlee"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt43p4RgW-0/

Painting by InvitacionesChile (inspired by a Tony Daniel cover):

"Picture commission for a client fan of Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsrvLCn73b/

Illustration by Veronica Gonzalez (inspired by a Jim Lee cover):

"#wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bws28_iH8Wd/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-26-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Original Jim Lee art hanging on a wall of the house of former DC Comics President Diane Nelson (she shared the pic for Valentine's Day, sorry for the late post):

"❤️😘 the most perfect Valentine ever @jimlee"

OMG!

Firstly, heh, better late than never!
    Second, her caption is the best! 🤗😍 Of course it is! SMWW the Ultimate Power Couple! The Ultimate Valentine!
    Third, it’s so awesome to see how proud she is of not just the art but the couple. That’s the most important. And it hold special meaning for her to have it hanging on her wall. Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It’s more like they know of each other and still barely that. They should’ve did right the first time. Trying to make it seem like something now isn’t genuine. That’s DC’s main problem lately. Rushing, little to no development, out of nowhere plots and dynamics...whatever. Nope. Unacceptable.
    They have so much in common (as Patty Jenkins pointed out many times) that I find hard for them to take 10 years to start interacting. Of course, they shouldn't become bff off-screen but simply establish that they used to hang out or something during that time.

The Justice League suppose to be on some level of equal. Sure you have a leader but no one should be purposely sidelined to try to force stuff. Now we see how that has turned out.🙄
    They'll be treated as "equals" when WB will realize that most of them (and not just one) are potentially profitable IPs.

Superman is in a tricky position as people expect that if he's around he'll be in charge of the JL as Snyder said in an interview. But, at the same time, producers don't want front and center a character whose last real movie success was in 1980. So, if he can't be the leader and he can't be turned into a "follower" either, he'll be taken out of the picture entirely. Of course, the personal bias play a huge factor in this too.

The way I see it, his forced lack of interaction with the "female lead" Diana is/was part of a larger problem with the current status of the Superman character.

OMG!

Firstly, heh, better late than never!
    Second, her caption is the best! 🤗😍 Of course it is! SMWW the Ultimate Power Couple! The Ultimate Valentine!
    Third, it’s so awesome to see how proud she is of not just the art but the couple. That’s the most important. And it hold special meaning for her to have it hanging on her wall. Beautiful!
    Diane's fault for the late post, she didn't used the proper tags and I didn't see the post at the time. 😜

She had the last word on them becoming a couple, she has to be proud of it. 😉

Good morning, my dear friends!!! Happy Saturday!!!

“Then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before...and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world.”
    ― J.K. Rowling

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...orig_cvip=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...N/273813560296

Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-27-2019 at 12:21 PM.

They have so much in common (as Patty Jenkins pointed out many times) that I find hard for them to take 10 years to start interacting. Of course, they shouldn't become bff off-screen but simply establish that they used to hang out or something during that time.
    Exactly. They have so much in common and differences to balance out. It would be great to see that. But it would feel very cheap not to see it actually play out and have to settle for it all happening off screen. I just can’t accept that though. Knowing potential is there for a story that needs to be fleshed out, knowing what it takes for true investment of the audience and connecting. Off screen laziness, I can’t settle for. It shouldn’t be up to the audience to have to fill in the blanks.

They'll be treated as "equals" when WB will realize that most of them (and not just one) are potentially profitable IPs.
    Hoping that with the results of how this mindset ended, they have came to that realization but then again it seemed like they are more quick to give up and ignore it still...

Superman is in a tricky position as people expect that if he's around he'll be in charge of the JL as Snyder said in an interview. But, at the same time, producers don't want front and center a character whose last real movie success was in 1980. So, if he can't be the leader and he can't be turned into a "follower" either, he'll be taken out of the picture entirely. Of course, the personal bias play a huge factor in this too.

The way I see it, his forced lack of interaction with the "female lead" Diana is/was part of a larger problem with the current status of the Superman character.
    This wouldn’t be tricky if they let go of this limited narrative and view of Superman. Superman shouldn’t be stuck in the 80s and it seemed maybe that was a high point at that time, but it’s not helping in the long term and modern times. Superman should be the lead. He is the one that should be the first to build that foundation in a genuine way. Not dead though. 🙄
    His interaction with Diana is a major part of both their character period. Again, trying to force other stuff, replacing dynamics and whatever else, it all falls apart and that’s what it has done.

Diane's fault for the late post, she didn't used the proper tags and I didn't see the post at the time. 😜

She had the last word on them becoming a couple, she has to be proud of it. 😉
    Heh, right! I am glad that IG does do the suggestion posts sometimes when posters don’t use the tags 🤣 We has a lot of that during Halloween or tags added later.

True! She knew the potential and obviously it did have its success just wish it wasn’t cut so abruptly barely scratching the surface. I also see she liked the SMWW IG comment 🤗

"❤️�� the most perfect Valentine ever @jimlee"

I admire Diane and I believe she has done a great job, the best she can at DC taking into account all the anti-creative and conservative behavior the company encourages. She wanted the new, the creative, the alternative. I regretted her departure... but okay, life goes on and I wish the best for her... SMWW fans are brave, creative and fighters. Her pride in the couple is a further boost to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning, my dear friends!!! Happy Saturday!!!

“Then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before...and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world.”
    ― J.K. Rowling

Another beautiful sensual piece by Gil. 🤗 Love It! Makes me think of sweet classic love songs

LOL!!! This reminds me of Megan Thee Stallion lyrics being taken literally🤣😅🤭

I admire Diane and I believe she has done a great job, the best she can at DC taking into account all the anti-creative and conservative behavior the company encourages. She wanted the new, the creative, the alternative. I regretted her departure... but okay, life goes on and I wish the best for her... SMWW fans are brave, creative and fighters. Her pride in the couple is a further boost to us.
    Exactly! It was to open up new doors. No it wasn’t perfect. Execution shaky. But the idea itself still proved to be viable and successful. It has been for years whether it was elseworlds or merch. SMWW takes a lot of effort. There is no shortcuts with it and that was the main challenge it seemed not wanting to be taken on. This basic basics mindset, playing safe, isn’t helping much either. New 52 had the right pieces but wasn’t quite clear with how to place them.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-27-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Aw. Yeah, well hopefully it might just be being rewritten and will be reposted. I’ve seen much of that lately

The only thing is “Golden Child” by Frank Miller and Rafael Grampa. Grampa a few weeks ago posted a “teaser” on his Instagram story:
    Oh interesting, do you know anything about Superman Year One? Diana will come out in that story?

Why we can't have nice things? ��

I feel that certain writers were confused about SM/WW's status and worked with their headcanon. Hitch was trying to write something vaguely resembling SM/WW's pre-FP friendship, for example. ��

The Infinity Corporation from the Rao arc was also present in the Legacy arc. ��

I recall that photoshoot, lol. Aren't they also the ones who fought with the giant shopping cart? ��

I "fear" what I'll see when it'll be finished. ��

Hi, Jeison! Long time no see! I almost thought you joined a "rival" 'shippers group and abandoned us. �� /kidding
    I don't know...

I really liked the Rao Arc ... it had some of the best SM/WW moments and it was a small ray of light before Rebirth screwed up everything.

Hi last son �� lol well ... more or less hehe when I have time to look things of the X-men that are the few comics that I still read including the ship of Cyclops and Jean ... even that is not that this couple is going fantastic , Marvel is creating a lot of drama even before they can meet again ... after almost 20 years being apart, but the good thing is that some writers lately show us that despite everything they still love each other despite the fact that for years writers tried to make us believe otherwise, this is something really good because it gives me hope in SM/WW as happened with Cyclops and Jean now some writers try to make us believe that they never loved, even that their friendship practically doesn't exist but with time other writers will come and show us how their relationship really is, I just hope that I don't have to wait 20 years to see it.

LOL!!! This reminds me of Megan Thee Stallion lyrics being taken literally������
    Megan... Thee Stallion........... oookayyyyyy hehehehehehe

Exactly! It was to open up new doors. No it wasn’t perfect. Execution shaky. But the idea itself still proved to be viable and successful. It has been for years whether it was elseworlds or merch. SMWW takes a lot of effort. There is no shortcuts with it and that was the main challenge it seemed not wanting to be taken on. This basic basics mindset, playing safe, isn’t helping much either. New 52 had the right pieces but wasn’t quite clear with how to place them.
    I agree that it was not perfect, especially since they did not let the writer follow his script and give us the stories we hoped for but it was still wonderful and shook the DC foundations making all the dust fall! Too bad this scared the creatures that fear the light ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsQ4LWp...on_share_sheet

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Oh interesting, do you know anything about Superman Year One? Diana will come out in that story?
    It’s 3 books. Not sure Diana’s role though if she is featured.

Megan... Thee Stallion........... oookayyyyyy hehehehehehe
    LOL!!!! You know what I’m talking about 🤣

I agree that it was not perfect, especially since they did not let the writer follow his script and give us the stories we hoped for but it was still wonderful and shook the DC foundations making all the dust fall! Too bad this scared the creatures that fear the light ...
    Exactly. They didn’t let the stories breath and flow. But yeah it did show the potential of what could be.

Exactly. They have so much in common and differences to balance out. It would be great to see that. But it would feel very cheap not to see it actually play out and have to settle for it all happening off screen. I just can’t accept that though. Knowing potential is there for a story that needs to be fleshed out, knowing what it takes for true investment of the audience and connecting. Off screen laziness, I can’t settle for. It shouldn’t be up to the audience to have to fill in the blanks.
    That opportunity was already missed, the best they can do now is course correcting.

Hoping that with the results of how this mindset ended, they have came to that realization but then again it seemed like they are more quick to give up and ignore it still...
    I think that with the success of their solos and the raise of popularity of the actors playing them, some characters could eventually get more to do in future team-up movies. 🤔

This wouldn’t be tricky if they let go of this limited narrative and view of Superman. Superman shouldn’t be stuck in the 80s and it seemed maybe that was a high point at that time, but it’s not helping in the long term and modern times. Superman should be the lead. He is the one that should be the first to build that foundation in a genuine way. Not dead though. 🙄
    His interaction with Diana is a major part of both their character period. Again, trying to force other stuff, replacing dynamics and whatever else, it all falls apart and that’s what it has done.
    Hope he'll get revalued soon by both the audience and creatives involved with the character.

Heh, right! I am glad that IG does do the suggestion posts sometimes when posters don’t use the tags 🤣 We has a lot of that during Halloween or tags added later.

True! She knew the potential and obviously it did have its success just wish it wasn’t cut so abruptly barely scratching the surface. I also see she liked the SMWW IG comment 🤗
    She is a business woman, I'm sure she saw also the merchandise potential of SM/WW.

“My #Superman #minicake.. & Aisha’s #WonderWoman (#bigsister #anniversary) oversized #cupcake.. They were both #delicious. #Happy3rdBirthday”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwgtCwkhhCB/

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    We don't know anything yet except that Miller pushed to have her in the book. If she'll be there, she'll probably appear in the 3rd issue coming out in October.

I really liked the Rao Arc ... it had some of the best SM/WW moments and it was a small ray of light before Rebirth screwed up everything.
    Diana that brings Superman back to life using Zeus' lightning is one of my favorites.

Hi last son �� lol well ... more or less hehe when I have time to look things of the X-men that are the few comics that I still read including the ship of Cyclops and Jean ... even that is not that this couple is going fantastic , Marvel is creating a lot of drama even before they can meet again ... after almost 20 years being apart, but the good thing is that some writers lately show us that despite everything they still love each other despite the fact that for years writers tried to make us believe otherwise, this is something really good because it gives me hope in SM/WW as happened with Cyclops and Jean now some writers try to make us believe that they never loved, even that their friendship practically doesn't exist but with time other writers will come and show us how their relationship really is, I just hope that I don't have to wait 20 years to see it.
    There must be a masochistic side in you to follow two mistreated pairs like SM/WW and Jean/Scott. /kidding 😝

SM/WW always had ups and downs. It faded multiple times just to resurface after a few years (not 20 years ) stronger than before.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-28-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Hello my friends! Sorry I have been lurking on and off but mainly I have had no time for DC and their shenanigans either in the comics, tv or movies having been superbly occupied by good writing from series on Netflix and the amazing GOT and off course eagerly waiting for what DC could not give me but Marvel did...in Endgame. I am so happy to see the continued appreciation of our couple via the internet and fans of Clark and Diana as the power couple, inspirational and motivational.

I will give props. This is a very cool cover. I love the concept. The execution is stunning. It is not static or repetitive like a lot of the covers we keep seeing during Rebirth. What a shame I will not be buying it to add to my collection because it means nothing emotionally to me. Plus I have little faith in the writer to even understand the SMWW dynamic as he had clearly shown in his Injustice writings so no matter what is even put here I feel it will be very ooc.

Looks like Diana ate him or squished him or maybe he exploded into flame. lol.

Creepy DCeased #2 variant covers by Shannon Maer featuring Wonder Woman and Superman (or what's left of him):

https://twitter.com/7ate9comics/stat...51600096100352
    These covers are very interesting, pity that probably have nothing to do with what will happen in the story.
    I am sure you might be right. These covers tend to be for collectors or maybe to spark the interest of readers. Wonder Woman prob not even in the issue or if she is to be used as a mouth piece for something or a plot device. I doubt very much they will consider her abilities etc being a demi goddess etc and of course because she is not human, she is probably not moral enough or some crap like that.

I've always wanted to see Kingdom Come on live screens but I've always been afraid of executing its grandiosity, both in effects (the last battle in the Gulag) and in the complexity of the plot, but after watching Avengers: Endgame I was sure that my fears can be overcome with the right team and the courage of talented men and women who do not care about the cries of creatures who know nothing about drama, literature or art.

If DC wants to redeem itself in the cinema, it has to adapt New 52 JL in full ... just pretend that nothing happened (an alternative to the disgraceful reboot) and transpose the new 52 JL to screens without changes ... this yes is the path of the success for DC.
    KC is one story that one track minds always saying...can't be done , can't be done...too much, too complicated, is cautionary never should happen...but I agree having seen audiences embrace such complex storylines both in tv and on the big screen. Books that probably you would never imagine people capable of adapting but they did them. Seeing good creative teams, both in writing and direction, able to bring these sweeping epics to life...yes, it can be done. Writing, casting and development is key. After seeing these things done so well, I am afraid I cannot even seem to tolerate what DC has done on tv or movies. They pale in comparison to the huge events these stories have become. Kingdom Come is where DC could have gone if they had planned and built their verse and it had real stakes and losses and would have closed off the final chapter with hope. But alas, DC and WB prefer to be myopic, lack the courage and bury their heads in the sand. To get KC done in an animated trilogy would be amazing too but I would want people on it who appreciate the story than those who do not.

The new 52 was a great chance to build and DC squandered it for the old school mentality. I never knew my father and grandfather had the right to whine about stuff aimed at my generation and companies would cater to their complaints instead of trying to capture the next generation. This is what DC essentially did. Put nostalgia first and ignored the modern younger reader or even the evolved mature reader.

"❤️�� the most perfect Valentine ever @jimlee"

How awesome. I am so glad to see she was proud of her involvement with the new 52 and the smww concept. Unlike some others. I wish to thank her for her bravery to defy tradition and as a long time reader, the foresight to try to move story telling forward. I will always appreciate that era in DC comics. I treasure my books. When you can look back as a reader of preflashpoint and new 52, if you are honest, all eras have good and bad story telling. Some age better than others and some manage to genuinely tell up to date stories. Some ideas need to be purged and others need to moved forward. I think the new 52 is way better than rebirth story telling and art wise. Preflashpoint had our affection but it had some terrible stories too. But end of the day if fans cannot be content with over 2 decades of story telling and DC cannot close it off and restart fresh and with good foundation and build properly...something is very wrong with fans that cannot move forward and accept change or companies that cannot adjust creatively. It is stagnation.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.