Page 234 of 410 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New Lego SM/WW pics:

"Happy Birthday Wonder Woman Gal Gadot ������ ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw41YdGhv8c/

"#Superman #WonderWoman #couplegoals"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw3HaAqFZAI/

"19th April - Bicycle Day"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwcnxzqlTgD/
    How cute. Lego SMWW are adorable. Is that bike one an actual set?

You know Lego SMWW and JL Action SMWW are two such positive fun versions...and they work that way for those versions!

I was hoping we'd see more JL Action now with DC streaming service but the streaming Wars are on now and DC/WB has to come with good content to get people interested and be competitive.

SuperWonder Cosplay couples giving Marvel (MCU) their props

“Even @dccomics superheroes are feeling the #EndGame pressure...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwrk1zejZrm/

“Feeling my #superhero #fantasy after watching @captainmarvelofficial and @avengers #Endgame! Missing the #WonderWoman to my #Superman, @megthewanderess.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwz7oVVnmpf/

Another familiar couple as always working/volunteering with the kiddos

“Visited Sean's workplace today during "bring your kids to work" day...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwsfs4kHBMY/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SuperWonder Cosplay couples giving Marvel (MCU) their props

“Even @dccomics superheroes are feeling the #EndGame pressure...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwrk1zejZrm/

“Feeling my #superhero #fantasy after watching @captainmarvelofficial and @avengers #Endgame! Missing the #WonderWoman to my #Superman, @megthewanderess.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwz7oVVnmpf/

Another familiar couple as always working/volunteering with the kiddos

“Visited Sean's workplace today during "bring your kids to work" day...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwsfs4kHBMY/
    SMWW couples are so FIT! Look at these people. I love seeing that they obviously take care of themselves as well as being decent human beings they use their cosplay to do good things etc

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    LOl. I dare DC to bring the stories in Rebirth right now to film as they are. It would not fly. It has no proper development or coherence and this is what many success franchises excel at. What DC will do to try to make stories work is cheat and hijack or rush for status quos than build them and the audience is not stupid. Recent DCEU BM v SM and JL flopped because of this laziness. The animated DOS is a prime example of not being truly faithful to the original but taking what the new 52 built both from comics and the animated verse to try and push and have movie synergy and use characters they know that audiences will be interested in. Wonder Woman and the new 52 JL lineup are draws as pure Superman movies generally do not make a lot of money on its own. And it shows in the sales. DOS numbers are significantly higher than Reign of the Supermen. One would assume all the people who bought Death of Superman would be rushing to buy Reign. The animators made a big deal what Reign was about and who would be the focus and the audience I assume should know what was coming so one would wonder why Reign did not do better. Reign has sales similar to usual Superman movies. It did not do better than DOS and is about 4 million behind which is a significant decline. I have seen people who invested in the new 52 animation ask about Diana and Clark's relationship too and very disappointed DC did not follow with the new 52 canon. They just did not understand why they broke up and found it difficult investing in something that felt rushed. DC and WB needs to do better all around when it comes to presenting stories, no matter the verse or canon. You cannot just dump concepts and status quos without building and earning them and the audience has to care. This past week fans of MCU and GOT had social media buzzing and trending for days on end. These things are events, not just movies or tv. But to get to that peak and level of fan support you have to work for it and towards it.

Interesting. I did not see it as her hitting Clark. Feels like she is trying to defend him from a blast.
    The problem was trying to have the movies influence comics instead of the other way around and what was used as influence from comics didn’t translate well still trying to put a different spin on it. Copy, cut, paste. That’s not how to do things. Embrace what is natural. Trying to force dynamics that never were or plot lines that just don’t sit well period isn’t the way to go.

Superman should be more than his “death”. That’s not influential nor inspirational and the “space Jesus” thing gotta go.

We’ve seen the reactions be it specifically SMWW or just everything period. DC really needs to rethink before going any further especially with team up. JL, just gotta start over in a few more years. It is what it is. And exactly. We see the journey of the characters in MCU and GOT. It’s not enough to say Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman are “iconic” or “relatable” for superficial reasons. The mindsets have changed. It’s about the true heartfelt connections.

I just love seeing the families and couples. I love seeing how diverse the SMWW representation is. It speaks loudly that diverse groups embrace them and choose to represent because when smww is written well and reflective of the times and true heroes...smww are the best of who we aspire to be, they are ultimate immigrants,decent examples of beings with compassion and idealism, heroes, good role models for parents, relationship goals for couples, social consciousness, social tolerance, acceptance of the other and universality etc and so much more.
    SMWW couples are so FIT! Look at these people. I love seeing that they obviously take care of themselves as well as being decent human beings they use their cosplay to do good things etc
    It’s all so beautiful!!! It’s amazing to see SMWW’s real life positive influence on a daily. This is what matters and the connections we talk about. Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship runs deep in very meaningful ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    lol 🤣 yeah it's All-Star Batman & Robin... I only remembered Robin and Star hahaha. It's not part of the same continuity? I thought yes.
    Actually, I'm not 100% sure if it's been confirmed or not.

I'm assuming Superman Year One will be flexible (like Batman Year One) which is to say, it can fit into both mainstream continuity AND the Dark Knight Universe

In the new 52 JL was a top tier book. But then JL was JL. Not an obvious attempt to prop supporting characters that do not belong in a League book nor have any place to even be seen as a serious threat. If I want to read JL I want to read JL, not guest starring the JL. This is what DC do not seem to understand. JL is supposed to be about a TEAM and their dynamics and the biggest baddest foes in the universe that I know now is when things get real when they appear. DC undermines its own villains and heroes these days for some weak concepts that cannot truly generate anything epic or long lasting. I use to think Darkseid was the biggest Bad and when we got to Apokolips was the territory of big hitters and smartest minds in the universe in terms of the JL...Now New Gods are a joke because anyone can defeat them with a mechanical suit and next to zero training. Gone are the days it seems Diana and Kal (be it preflashpoint or new 52) are the top ranked members to go to battle against such threats. Recall the likes of OWAW or Morrison and Waid's JL or new 52 and the battles...what there is now is unbelievable imo.
    I can not face Darkseid seriously since I've seen him in diapers ... I find it all very ridiculous. After watching Endgame I was able to see a really strong and powerful being (Thanos) with a purpose that could decimate half the beings in the universe and how this story can be well told on film! I saw the strength and unity of the Avengers, I saw their growth as team and heroes, I saw the Widow's friendship with two team members and how touching and important that was ... it only gave me more anger at the treatment of SM and WW both in the film where they have not even spoken and in the current team. I do not recognize this team that is there as JL.

Quite honestly all this shows is how DC’s “elseworlds” work better than their main verse because of just that...Not being bogged down with cliches and nostalgia. I think at times “classic” is used as a buzzword to justify outdated ways. Some ideas age like milk. This meat and potatoes basic mindset is without seasoning. Again it’s not all perfect, but the ideas are interesting and there is something to really make you think.

After catching up on things like GOT or TWD, Miller-verse fits right in with that, even KC verse too. Controversy or not, these verses DC shouldn’t hesitate to make and let flourish because yeah, it’s obviously a success and something that can grab the audience they want and need.
    Millerverse is wild, is hard, is not for babies... it is bittersweet... in other words it is amazing.

The stuff currently on tv and movies and books are truly amazing and I do not mean the CW. It makes you demand high quality as a consumer. And yes I think AU is probably the thing that might suit me best as a reader.
    the public is getting more demanding and if the comics do not realize this the tendency will be extinction. I see more and more people commenting and asking for SMWW ... or DC gives it to them even if it is in AU or you will lose more and more readers.

In the new 52 JL was a top tier book. But then JL was JL. Not an obvious attempt to prop supporting characters that do not belong in a League book nor have any place to even be seen as a serious threat. If I want to read JL I want to read JL, not guest starring the JL. This is what DC do not seem to understand. JL is supposed to be about a TEAM and their dynamics and the biggest baddest foes in the universe that I know now is when things get real when they appear. DC undermines its own villains and heroes these days for some weak concepts that cannot truly generate anything epic or long lasting. I use to think Darkseid was the biggest Bad and when we got to Apokolips was the territory of big hitters and smartest minds in the universe in terms of the JL...Now New Gods are a joke because anyone can defeat them with a mechanical suit and next to zero training. Gone are the days it seems Diana and Kal (be it preflashpoint or new 52) are the top ranked members to go to battle against such threats. Recall the likes of OWAW or Morrison and Waid's JL or new 52 and the battles...what there is now is unbelievable imo.
    Quite honestly all this shows is how DC’s “elseworlds” work better than their main verse because of just that...Not being bogged down with cliches and nostalgia. I think at times “classic” is used as a buzzword to justify outdated ways. Some ideas age like milk. This meat and potatoes basic mindset is without seasoning. Again it’s not all perfect, but the ideas are interesting and there is something to really make you think.

After catching up on things like GOT or TWD, Miller-verse fits right in with that, even KC verse too. Controversy or not, these verses DC shouldn’t hesitate to make and let flourish because yeah, it’s obviously a success and something that can grab the audience they want and need.
    The problem was trying to have the movies influence comics instead of the other way around and what was used as influence from comics didn’t translate well still trying to put a different spin on it. Copy, cut, paste. That’s not how to do things. Embrace what is natural. Trying to force dynamics that never were or plot lines that just don’t sit well period isn’t the way to go.

Superman should be more than his “death”. That’s not influential nor inspirational and the “space Jesus” thing gotta go.

We’ve seen the reactions be it specifically SMWW or just everything period. DC really needs to rethink before going any further especially with team up. JL, just gotta start over in a few more years. It is what it is. And exactly. We see the journey of the characters in MCU and GOT. It’s not enough to say Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman are “iconic” or “relatable” for superficial reasons. The mindsets have changed. It’s about the true heartfelt connections.
    A "Jesus" who becomes a tyrant when the woman with whom he sleeps dies does not work for me, sorry ... no matter how many times he dies and resurrects ... in fact resurrecting is such a banal thing in comics that already lost any impact .

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I can not face Darkseid seriously since I've seen him in diapers ... I find it all very ridiculous. After watching Endgame I was able to see a really strong and powerful being (Thanos) with a purpose that could decimate half the beings in the universe and how this story can be well told on film! I saw the strength and unity of the Avengers, I saw their growth as team and heroes, I saw the Widow's friendship with two team members and how touching and important that was ... it only gave me more anger at the treatment of SM and WW both in the film where they have not even spoken and in the current team. I do not recognize this team that is there as JL.

the public is getting more demanding and if the comics do not realize this the tendency will be extinction. I see more and more people commenting and asking for SMWW ... or DC gives it to them even if it is in AU or you will lose more and more readers.
    LOL diapers 🤣

This shows that it take more than just trying to get by with names or basics. Said basics can end up being shallow and irrelevant. The audience wants to know why should they care for these characters and that means thinking and executed these ideas in a deeper meaningful logic way.

There’s a reason why superficial thinking/opinions are debunked by actual facts when it comes to SMWW, is because the relationship they have, it’s not just romance, it’s a respectful partnership that taps into very real situations/ideals for its present and future time for years. This is what the audience looks for.

LOL diapers ��

This shows that it take more than just trying to get by with names or basics. Said basics can end up being shallow and irrelevant. The audience wants to know why should they care for these characters and that means thinking and executed these ideas in a deeper meaningful logic way.

There’s a reason why superficial thinking/opinions are debunked by actual facts when it comes to SMWW, is because the relationship they have, it’s not just romance, it’s a respectful partnership that taps into very real situations/ideals for its present and future time for years. This is what the audience looks for.
    The SMWW relationship does not abuse the suspension of disbelief of the public, you do not need an excess of goodwill to believe in their relationship!

"To be a super hero you have to be strong and do something useful for society. But you also need to have a comic. And for this there is @penni_phi_art."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwmInWDg...on_share_sheet

"June 7, 2019 is just 39 days away until the big day! Cannot wait to start sharing my journey with you! ������"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw1qM-Tn...on_share_sheet

"Wonder Woman & Superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwZjvpiA...on_share_sheet

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I would say his run wouldn’t been a complete 50 issues. If that’s so, Tony of course had to change the story to fit the perspective to Deathstroke. But it still had a nice balance. Hessia and Slade having history was a nice touch. Diana’s inner fear of losing Clark and Hippolyta and being the Goddess of War was really good. That was even touched upon with Meredith too. There is so much that can be connected that gives the jist of what should’ve/could’ve been. I would’ve liked to read Soule’s take on Donna, too. It was probably guaranteed to be much less messy than whatever is going on with her now. Also his new take on Max/Aaron Lord would’ve been intriguing.
    Many years have passed since I read that arc, I had almost forgotten that sequence. A very poignant moment.

🙄 LOL I really can’t stand these limitations. Okay scratch that...maybe. Digital first anthology, sensation comics style.
    I'll take whatever format as long as DC will publish it. 😅

The animated DOS is a prime example of not being truly faithful to the original but taking what the new 52 built both from comics and the animated verse to try and push and have movie synergy and use characters they know that audiences will be interested in. Wonder Woman and the new 52 JL lineup are draws as pure Superman movies generally do not make a lot of money on its own. And it shows in the sales. DOS numbers are significantly higher than Reign of the Supermen. One would assume all the people who bought Death of Superman would be rushing to buy Reign. The animators made a big deal what Reign was about and who would be the focus and the audience I assume should know what was coming so one would wonder why Reign did not do better. Reign has sales similar to usual Superman movies. It did not do better than DOS and is about 4 million behind which is a significant decline. I have seen people who invested in the new 52 animation ask about Diana and Clark's relationship too and very disappointed DC did not follow with the new 52 canon. They just did not understand why they broke up and found it difficult investing in something that felt rushed. DC and WB needs to do better all around when it comes to presenting stories, no matter the verse or canon. You cannot just dump concepts and status quos without building and earning them and the audience has to care. This past week fans of MCU and GOT had social media buzzing and trending for days on end. These things are events, not just movies or tv. But to get to that peak and level of fan support you have to work for it and towards it.
    I'm not sure if those were the final numbers, but, last time I checked, I too saw that the RoS adaptation earned less than half the money of DoS. I don't even want to think about how WB Animation will interpret this data. Prob it'll be used as an excuse to not make another Superman adaptation till his 90th Anniversary.

Btw, it was a wasted opportunity not to realize a proper SM/WW animated adaptation and relegate their relationship to a subplot in the JL cartoons. It could've turned out to be another profitable concept/brand for the animation like JL and Batman. 🤔

SuperWonder Rings:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLNgk4AjI4/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwaBC1HF0ER/

“Isn’t he awesome and extraordinary - as unique as you!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9PgmTJVhu/

How cute. Lego SMWW are adorable. Is that bike one an actual set?

You know Lego SMWW and JL Action SMWW are two such positive fun versions...and they work that way for those versions!

I was hoping we'd see more JL Action now with DC streaming service but the streaming Wars are on now and DC/WB has to come with good content to get people interested and be competitive.
    From what I saw the DC streaming service has content aimed to a more mature audience than shows like JL: Acton. Sadly. But even if the show would have the chance to continue, I doubt SM/WW would continue dating in it.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Actually, I'm not 100% sure if it's been confirmed or not.

I'm assuming Superman Year One will be flexible (like Batman Year One) which is to say, it can fit into both mainstream continuity AND the Dark Knight Universe
    Miller about Year One: "My Superman is not going to be the Superman from Dark Knight."

https://www.cbr.com/miller-superman-...night-returns/

“Isn’t he awesome and extraordinary - as unique as you!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9PgmTJVhu/
    I am pleased to note that there is a wide variety of rings produced by jewelers all over the world.

Many years have passed since I read that arc, I had almost forgotten that sequence. A very poignant moment.
    It was one of new52 Diana’s most reoccurring deep “fears”. She loved both obviously and even though she and Hippolyta were rocky before Hippolyta was turned into a golem, Diana stated she and Clark were the two she trusted the most. I think on a certain level this has been a constant for years. Sad that it’s no longer and Diana is lost and has lost. Even trying to bring whatever this rebirth Hippolyta suppose to be, it’s not genuine.

I'll take whatever format as long as DC will publish it. 😅
    LOL! Well yeah true....🤣

I'm not sure if those were the final numbers, but, last time I checked, I too saw that the RoS adaptation earned less than half the money of DoS. I don't even want to think about how WB Animation will interpret this data. Prob it'll be used as an excuse to not make another Superman adaptation till his 90th Anniversary.

Btw, it was a wasted opportunity not to realize a proper SM/WW animated adaptation and relegate their relationship to a subplot in the JL cartoons. It could've turned out to be another profitable concept/brand for the animation like JL and Batman. 🤔
    That doesn’t make sense and again counterproductive. There’s this constant praise and insistence of old storylines but when it doesn’t work out, they give up and use it as an excuse not to do anything else. Rehashing years later but with new paint doesn’t make it any better. They had a new era, new stories to adapt but chose to go backwards.

At a moment, I thought it would’ve been. You’re right, together they can be equivalent to Batman solo(s). Kinda sad, but it’s the truth. However, being that they are quite hesitant with Superman and Wonder Woman as individuals, together oddly seems more so?
    Last edited by LoveStar; 05-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.

It was one of new52 Diana’s most reoccurring deep “fears”. She loved both obviously and even though she and Hippolyta were rocky before Hippolyta was turned into a golem, Diana stated she and Clark were the two she trusted the most. I think on a certain level this has been a constant for years. Sad that it’s no longer and Diana is lost and has lost. Even trying to bring whatever this rebirth Hippolyta suppose to be, it’s not genuine.
    I absolutely have to re-read some comics of that era to refresh my memory.

Yeah, I agree that Clark being one of the people Diana trusts most was a constant. The affirmation can be easily applied to the post-Crisis/pre-FP versions too.

LOL! Well yeah true....🤣
    Beggars can't be choosers. 😝

That doesn’t make sense and again counterproductive. There’s this constant praise and insistence of old storylines but when it does work out, they give up and use it as an excuse not to do anything else. Rehashing years later but with new paint doesn’t make it any better. They had a new era, new stories to adapt but chose to go backwards.

At a moment, I thought it would’ve been. You’re right, together they can be equivalent to Batman solo(s). Kinda sad, but it’s the truth. However, being that they are quite hesitant with Superman and Wonder Woman as individuals, together oddly seems more so?
    It could be. 🤔 But you must also consider that in 2015, when they started dating in the animated verse, DC already planned to "kill" and replace NuSuperman and his relationship with Diana wouldn't go anywhere because of that. So, why producing and releasing an animated movie about a concept that they just discovered they had to abandon soon to align with the comics?

I absolutely have to re-read some comics of that era to refresh my memory.

Yeah, I agree that Clark being one of the people Diana trusts most was a constant. The affirmation can be easily applied to the post-Crisis/pre-FP versions too.
    Heh...you really get a different perspective keying in on those certain moments. That’s why the relationships and Diana’s lost felt so much more real. You see her growth, trying to balance her responsibilities and understanding her deeper emotions she tried to suppress.

Beggars can't be choosers. 😝
    🤣

It could be. 🤔 But you must also consider that in 2015, when they started dating in the animated verse, DC already planned to "kill" and replace NuSuperman and his relationship with Diana wouldn't go anywhere because of that. So, why producing and releasing an animated movie about a concept that they just discovered they had to abandon soon to align with the comics?
    Yeah...again, I don’t get this. Why start it at all then? They actually had a developing beginning all to be quickly halted and cut. No valid reasons at all. This is why it’s so hard to completely invest. It would be different if their relationship wasn’t the success it was with all the merch and everything spinning out of it, but it was.