Page 235 of 410 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Recreation of popular SM/WW art by Chio, Frank Perez and Drawn By Artist:

"What is your kryptonite?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6kEnAAgs-/

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw4xtMUBFnA/

"Superman Wonder Woman selfie 😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzfEz1HyCO/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Recreation of popular SM/WW art by Chio, Frank Perez and Drawn By Artist:

"What is your kryptonite?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6kEnAAgs-/

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw4xtMUBFnA/

"Superman Wonder Woman selfie 😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzfEz1HyCO/
    Deodato’s image has been recreated so many times! It’s not even an official image but this is the kind of artist impact to have.

Paulo’s Kiss should be a stature!!! This was their official public kiss.

And Tony’s selfie as well has become a popular image

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Heh...you really get a different perspective keying in on those certain moments. That’s why the relationships and Diana’s lost felt so much more real. You see her growth, trying to balance her responsibilities and understanding her deeper emotions she tried to suppress.
    Worth of another read.

Yeah...again, I don’t get this. Why start it at all then? They actually had a developing beginning all to be quickly halted and cut. No valid reasons at all. This is why it’s so hard to completely invest. It would be different if their relationship wasn’t the success it was with all the merch and everything spinning out of it, but it was.
    Because they didn't know yet back then? Throne of Atlantis (where SM/WW started dating) was realized in 2014 and released in early 2015 before the Convergence garbage, DC moving in California, and all that jazz. A pitch of a SM/WW adaptation would ideally have been taken into consideration if things in comics wouldn't change direction from day to night that year.

Paulo’s Kiss should be a stature!!! This was their official public kiss.
    Is there any SM/WW image that shouldn't be turned into a statue? 😝

Worth of another read.
    It is. Really wish we could’ve gotten Soule’s WW arc. At that time, Soule balanced both and was even said to have the best depiction of the new52 versions because he didn’t try the extremes as some were. He just wrote them as young mature versions. Diana had personality and Clark had swagger.

Because they didn't know yet back then? Throne of Atlantis (where SM/WW started dating) was realized in 2014 and released in early 2015 before the Convergence garbage, DC moving in California, and all that jazz. A pitch of a SM/WW adaptation would ideally have been taken into consideration if things in comics wouldn't change direction from day to night that year.
    So thinking too far ahead but again there’s a difference between thinking it and actually executing it.

Is there any SM/WW image that shouldn't be turned into a statue? 😝
    LOL 🤣 We need a whole line!! 😏

Good morning, my dear friends! Happy friday!!!!

“I was smiling yesterday,I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow.Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.”
    ― Santosh Kalwar

"First of all, notice Gabriel's face of: Let me go, I need to save the world 🌎😂
    Then look at me and reflect: What does a mother do for a child !? I put this thing on my head, I improvised red and blue just to be the wonder mother woman hahaha😂 ♥ It's a lot of invention😂
    Ah! now look at the father @ oscar_moreira3: Just a shirt and solved the problem 🤦🏼♀️ because everything for man is easier and practical Sir? Why?
    @ lucilene.barbosa73 Grandma, are you reminded of this outfit? 😍 I loved it and my mother still put on a cape for me to fly! Hahaha"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwx1YV1g...on_share_sheet

"My best friend is my love."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwy8hfjh...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw1-dpyH...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-03-2019 at 06:26 AM.

It is. Really wish we could’ve gotten Soule’s WW arc. At that time, Soule balanced both and was even said to have the best depiction of the new52 versions because he didn’t try the extremes as some were. He just wrote them as young mature versions. Diana had personality and Clark had swagger.
    Wasn't something he mentioned in an interview? I recall I was looking forward to a WW centric arc when Soule's run was still going. 🤔

So thinking too far ahead but again there’s a difference between thinking it and actually executing it.
    Pretty much. 🤨

LOL 🤣 We need a whole line!! 😏
    I'm sure that sculptors/artists will turn these SM/WW kiss images into museum statues before DC Collectibles will decide to launch a line. 😉

Wasn't something he mentioned in an interview? I recall I was looking forward to a WW centric arc when Soule's run was still going. 🤔
    🤔 hmm... I think he did...maybe within his last few interviews about SMWW? But definitely was mentioned to a fan at a con

I'm sure that sculptors/artists will turn these SM/WW kiss images into museum statues before DC Collectibles will decide to launch a line. 😉
    The DC presents SMWW 32 needs to be the very first in a museum😏 That one, pop artists love.

🤔 hmm... I think he did...maybe within his last few interviews about SMWW? But definitely was mentioned to a fan at a con
    Even Tomasi talked about having more focus on WW but it never materialized. 🙁

The DC presents SMWW 32 needs to be the very first in a museum😏 That one, pop artists love.
    This one was already turned into a sculpture by Italian pop-artist Marco Lodola and, of course, exhibited. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    it only gave me more anger at the treatment of SM and WW both in the film where they have not even spoken and in the current team. I do not recognize this team that is there as JL.

Me too! I thought of preflashpoint smww and even new 52 smww...the connection they had and thought what a missed opportunity. Preflashpoint they had unresolved sexual tension because they were a case of never really trying and not knowing what could have happened but despite it all becoming really close friends, who were always there for each other and supportive of each other. New 52 even as lovers they were always looking out for each other, etc. They had the most trusting relationship. Not even Batman had that faith and trust in Superman as Clark and Diana had in each other. You would never in a million years hear Diana of preflashpoint speak of Superman the way Rebirth version has done nor would preflashpoint Kal ever view Diana or treat her with the scant courtesy the way he does in Rebirth. It is just two totally different people and DC and WB choose to go with the empty , barely know each other dynamic which has no value in a team tbh. I also am annoyed that they opt for weakened versions of the heroes. Be it morally for Superman and power wise for Wonder Woman in the DCEU. The ideal versions would be powerful and morally sound and selfless versions. But you see WB and Snyder did not want this because it was not about team. It was about one character's journey and everything revolved around him. I see so many powerful character male and female assembled in the MCU...no one is nerfed or beaten down to prop one. Everyone has worth and has their comic powers and has moments to truly shine, showing off their powers, making you feel so buoyant as a fan. If they had stayed true and authentic to either preflashpoint or new 52 or even cheery picked what worked best, we'd see a smww dynamic that we could love and be happy for but also importantly the best versions of sm and ww as individuals to make people feel awed and inspired! We might have been as excited as so many fans of other franchises for more movies and sequels for SM and connective threads for a shared universe.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-03-2019 at 06:22 PM.

I'm not sure if those were the final numbers, but, last time I checked, I too saw that the RoS adaptation earned less than half the money of DoS. I don't even want to think about how WB Animation will interpret this data. Prob it'll be used as an excuse to not make another Superman adaptation till his 90th Anniversary.

Btw, it was a wasted opportunity not to realize a proper SM/WW animated adaptation and relegate their relationship to a subplot in the JL cartoons. It could've turned out to be another profitable concept/brand for the animation like JL and Batman. 🤔
    Oh I am sure they will kill him again. Don't worry. It's all they can do for him as far as I see.

I would have loved to seen an adaptation of the Zod/Faora arc with the new 52 Gods making their presence felt like Hephaestus and Apollo and Strife. The New 52 animated JL could have easily been part of it too because as it was...they WERE a part of the arc. That story was a great story. A NEW story. A waste of new source material for old school stuff that in the end made no difference to the big screen.

Even Tomasi talked about having more focus on WW but it never materialized. ��

��
    In hindsight I'm kinda glad he did not. I do not think he understood her character as well as Soule and Azzarello or even what I got from Buccellato from Injustice and those two last issues of SMWW . I get no sense that he felt any real affection for Diana the way they did. He was just probably writing by numbers and forced ooc drama because he knew what was in store. If ever anyone was going to tackle SMWW again be in in AU, I would hope DC has the foresight to put a writer that at least could show some sense of knowing who they writing, why they writing and who is buying the book. Else there is no point really killing trees for any book that you do not try to do your best by. A SMWW book is not going to be picked up by people who do not support the pairing so it makes no sense writing for detractors of the couple because they will not buy it. You write with an audience in mind, I assume those who like the idea or at least those open minded to the concept. I had no issues them having to end a book or series or canon ...I do have a problem with rushed, forced ooc writing and then jump the shark retcons that make no sense what so ever like the merged thing or the lies thing.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Me too! I thought of preflashpoint smww and even new 52 smww...the connection they had and thought what a missed opportunity. Preflashpoint they had unresolved sexual tension because they were a case of never really trying and not knowing what could have happened but despite it all becoming really close friends, who were always there for each other and supportive of each other. New 52 even as lovers they were always looking out for each other, etc. They had the most trusting relationship. Not even Batman had that faith and trust in Superman as Clark and Diana had in each other. You would never in a million years hear Diana of preflashpoint speak of Superman the way Rebirth version has done nor would preflashpoint Kal ever view Diana or treat her with the scant courtesy the way he does in Rebirth. It is just two totally different people and DC and WB choose to go with the empty , barely know each other dynamic which has no value in a team tbh. I also am annoyed that they opt for weakened versions of the heroes. Be it morally for Superman and power wise for Wonder Woman in the DCEU. The ideal versions would be powerful and morally sound and selfless versions. But you see WB and Snyder did not want this because it was not about team. It was about one character's journey and everything revolved around him. I see so many powerful character male and female assembled in the MCU...no one is nerfed or beaten down to prop one. Everyone has worth and has their comic powers and has moments to truly shine, showing off their powers, making you feel so buoyant as a fan. If they had stayed true and authentic to either preflashpoint or new 52 or even cheery picked what worked best, we'd see a smww dynamic that we could love and be happy for but also importantly the best versions of sm and ww as individuals to make people feel awed and inspired! We might have been as excited as so many fans of other franchises for more movies and sequels for SM and connective threads for a shared universe.
    And the funny thing is that if the film had explored their proximity as Marvel (God bless them for having given us the best superhero film ever: Endgame) did with Black Widow and Hawkeye / Black Widow and Captain America , we would have a rich and touching experience in theaters! The friendship / love of SMWW is so strong that even in small gestures it materializes ... imagine if they had given the fans a complete experience?

Oh I am sure they will kill him again. Don't worry. It's all they can do for him as far as I see.

I would have loved to seen an adaptation of the Zod/Faora arc with the new 52 Gods making their presence felt like Hephaestus and Apollo and Strife. The New 52 animated JL could have easily been part of it too because as it was...they WERE a part of the arc. That story was a great story. A NEW story. A waste of new source material for old school stuff that in the end made no difference to the big screen.
    When I was a child, my grandmother had a remedy for all ills, lemon balm tea! If you had a headache, she would give you lemon balm tea, if you had a stomach ache, she would give you lemon balm tea, if you broke your leg or your arm guess what? That's it lemon balm tea! DC behaves like my grandmother: SM is not selling well: Kill SM! Let's make a new movie: Death of SM! We need a new story: Kill SM! The death of SM is the new lemon balm tea! And like the lemon balm the death of SM is useless!

In hindsight I'm kinda glad he did not. I do not think he understood her character as well as Soule and Azzarello or even what I got from Buccellato from Injustice and those two last issues of SMWW . I get no sense that he felt any real affection for Diana the way they did. He was just probably writing by numbers and forced ooc drama because he knew what was in store. If ever anyone was going to tackle SMWW again be in in AU, I would hope DC has the foresight to put a writer that at least could show some sense of knowing who they writing, why they writing and who is buying the book. Else there is no point really killing trees for any book that you do not try to do your best by. A SMWW book is not going to be picked up by people who do not support the pairing so it makes no sense writing for detractors of the couple because they will not buy it. You write with an audience in mind, I assume those who like the idea or at least those open minded to the concept. I had no issues them having to end a book or series or canon ...I do have a problem with rushed, forced ooc writing and then jump the shark retcons that make no sense what so ever like the merged thing or the lies thing.
    Very few writers understand who WW really is ...
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-03-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Even Tomasi talked about having more focus on WW but it never materialized. 🙁
    Uh? Really? When? All I have known him to say about Diana was that she demanded spotlight (of course) and that it was hard to balance page time.

This one was already turned into a sculpture by Italian pop-artist Marco Lodola and, of course, exhibited. 😎
    Omg! CAN WE HAVE IT PLEASE! LOL

Do you know the amount of wedding cakes with SMWW statue cake toppers we will see? Or it would be Valentine, especially Anniversary gifts?

As I said before...his “death” isn’t inspiring. What matters is what he does being alive. I definitely can’t take DOS seriously when Tomasi said Diana had to get KO’d just so Superman can be the one to beat him and die. LOL That shows how contrived it is when other heroes have to be nerfed for a one trick pony. DCEU very much emphasized even more so on how contrived it is.

Zod/Faora/The Gods actually presented a challenge. It wasn’t about who could punch the hardest. It was an emotional and mental challenge bringing Kal and Diana’s world’s together.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    And the funny thing is that if the film had explored their proximity as Marvel (God bless them for having given us the best superhero film ever: Endgame) did with Black Widow and Hawkeye / Black Widow and Captain America , we would have a rich and touching experience in theaters! The friendship / love of SMWW is so strong that even in small gestures it materializes ... imagine if they had given the fans a complete experience?
    It saddens me tbh I have to look for what we had in canon for decades in another company I never spent money on in comics...yet they were able to deliver what I loved about SMWW in other pairings that share the trust and faith of smww in their dynamics. It angers me Diana was also not Kal's equal and mythical nature of her lasso got nerfed for a plot convenience.

When I was a child, my grandmother had a remedy for all ills, lemon balm tea! If you had a headache, she would give you lemon balm tea, if you had a stomach ache, she would give you lemon balm tea, if you broke your leg or your arm guess what? That's it lemon balm tea! DC behaves like my grandmother: SM is not selling well: Kill SM! Let's make a new movie: Death of SM! We need a new story: Kill SM! The death of SM is the new lemon balm tea! And like the lemon balm the death of SM is useless!
    Imagine the scene of Superman taking on Apollo or catching Eros' bullet. We have never seen the likes of it. Imagine Diana taking on Zod and Faora. Never seen the likes of it. Them taking them on together. Never seen the likes of it. Diana taking on Mongul while Kal grapples with Doomsday virus. Them reuniting in the stadium. Superman losing his ID and powered down to advanced Kryptonian leaping level...not the idiotic he is human now... Diana and him fighting Vandal Savage etc. There were fresh stories there.

It would mean a Superman that is not dumb nor one nerfed by Magic. A moral Superman who does not turn evil if he is made uncomfortable who will fight for all of us no matter...he single, powered down, virus riddled , dying etc. A Diana who is powerful, proud of heritage who is compassionate and smart.

But see DC would have to want to have a strong minded competent, morally strong, selfless Superman who would have been the heart and conscience of the DCU like Cap. DC would have to want a powerful, competent , confident female demi goddess who could fly and who people would be confident she could stand against major foes and show her wisdom and empathy. I do not think they wanted either.

Do you know the amount of wedding cakes with SMWW statue cake toppers we will see? Or it would be Valentine, especially Anniversary gifts?

As I said before...his “death” isn’t inspiring. What matters is what he does being alive. I definitely can’t take DOS seriously when Tomasi said Diana had to get KO’d just so Superman can be the one to beat him and die. LOL That shows how contrived it is when other heroes have to be nerfed for a one trick pony. DCEU very much emphasized even more so on how contrived it is.

Zod/Faora/The Gods actually presented a challenge. It wasn’t about who could punch the hardest. It was an emotional and mental challenge bringing Kal and Diana’s world’s together.
    And Diana and Kal technically "lost" the battle but won the war as they sacrificed their lives for the greater good. That scene in the nuclear reactor . OMG. That was such a powerful moment. Never to be seen because we had to see a plot that has been done over and over.

SMWW comics sold consistently. The ooc stuff and Diana being poorly used did affect it but the books never dipped below 25 k I think, and that not even counting digital. It never had retcons and renumbering and double shipping and reurnability etc. There are numbers and analysis of the sales and charts during the new 52 to now and it is there for all to see. Those are evidence and the continued merchandising for SMWW that keep getting produced and marketed as a duo to the general public . No amount online hate can undo the reality of facts. Amazon has the Power Couple volume and the reviews for example are very good averaging 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It's Tomasi SMWW volumes that are not so popular because well, we discussed that already.

SMWW is a brand that sells and people want and love them together as seen on this very thread with the posts shared by you all!
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-03-2019 at 07:58 PM.