Page 236 of 410 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New "fluffy" Fan-Fiction chapter update from the talented and prolific NightSkyWonderer:

Story: Something Special
    Chapter 12 - Special Moments

Description: Kal and Diana take 1 year old Astrea to Yoyogi Park in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan!

Fic link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12789488/12/
    Tumblr link: https://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/...justice-league

Good morning, my dear friends! A happy and blessed Saturday to us all!

“There is no experience like having children.’ That’s all. There is no substitute for it. You cannot do it with a friend. You cannot do it with a lover. If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children.”
    ― Mitch Albom

"Good Morning! Just to say that every Super Baby has his Wonder Mama ❤️😂 and this one does not tire of showing how much you love this role ❤️. It is for the rest of my life, my mission will be to try to protect you from all evil, you were and it is the best gift that God could have given me. I love you forever!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bts0Reml...on_share_sheet

"YOU GUYS!!!!! Never did I ever think I'd be hitting 1,000 followers! THANK YOU 💙❤️💙I'm as happy and excited as this baby who attempted to eat my cosplay during our photoshoot 😂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-3ZpMj...on_share_sheet

"Super hero family 🦸*♀️👧🦸*♂️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxArPGwn...on_share_sheet

Good morning, gang!

May the Fourth be with you!

https://www.tctoons.com/superman_won...aricature.html

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    It saddens me tbh I have to look for what we had in canon for decades in another company I never spent money on in comics...yet they were able to deliver what I loved about SMWW in other pairings that share the trust and faith of smww in their dynamics. It angers me Diana was also not Kal's equal and mythical nature of her lasso got nerfed for a plot convenience.
    Yeah...this will continue to be baffling. Other companies are using the dynamic showing how successful it can be. But is constantly going backwards all to wonder why there’s very little to no success with whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New "fluffy" Fan-Fiction chapter update from the talented and prolific NightSkyWonderer:

Description: Kal and Diana take 1 year old Astrea to Yoyogi Park in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan!

AWE!!! The fluffy!!!
    🤔 Definitely need a commission of this. It’s just too adorable!

I can totally see Kal and Diana traveling all over the world, teaching their kids of different cultures, to embrace the diversity.

Oh I am sure they will kill him again. Don't worry. It's all they can do for him as far as I see.
    That's sad but true judging by the trend lately.

I would have loved to seen an adaptation of the Zod/Faora arc with the new 52 Gods making their presence felt like Hephaestus and Apollo and Strife. The New 52 animated JL could have easily been part of it too because as it was...they WERE a part of the arc. That story was a great story. A NEW story. A waste of new source material for old school stuff that in the end made no difference to the big screen.
    Soule's 1st arc is an obvious choice for an adaptation. I'd have also followed it with a "Superman: Doomed" animated movie with SM/WW front and center.

In hindsight I'm kinda glad he did not. I do not think he understood her character as well as Soule and Azzarello or even what I got from Buccellato from Injustice and those two last issues of SMWW . I get no sense that he felt any real affection for Diana the way they did. He was just probably writing by numbers and forced ooc drama because he knew what was in store. If ever anyone was going to tackle SMWW again be in in AU, I would hope DC has the foresight to put a writer that at least could show some sense of knowing who they writing, why they writing and who is buying the book. Else there is no point really killing trees for any book that you do not try to do your best by. A SMWW book is not going to be picked up by people who do not support the pairing so it makes no sense writing for detractors of the couple because they will not buy it. You write with an audience in mind, I assume those who like the idea or at least those open minded to the concept. I had no issues them having to end a book or series or canon ...I do have a problem with rushed, forced ooc writing and then jump the shark retcons that make no sense what so ever like the merged thing or the lies thing.
    I was disappointed by Tomasi's run since his 1st arc, his B&R series was one of my fav books back then and I had high expectations for his run on SM/WW. I agree that knowing what was in store could've highly penalized his investment in the writing of the series and the characters involved.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Uh? Really? When? All I have known him to say about Diana was that she demanded spotlight (of course) and that it was hard to balance page time.
    I recall him and the artist joking in the early interviews that the series should be named Wonder Woman/Superman because she'll get the spotlight or something.

“Wonder Woman ♥️ Superman”

And Diana and Kal technically "lost" the battle but won the war as they sacrificed their lives for the greater good. That scene in the nuclear reactor . OMG. That was such a powerful moment. Never to be seen because we had to see a plot that has been done over and over.

SMWW comics sold consistently. The ooc stuff and Diana being poorly used did affect it but the books never dipped below 25 k I think, and that not even counting digital. It never had retcons and renumbering and double shipping and reurnability etc. There are numbers and analysis of the sales and charts during the new 52 to now and it is there for all to see. Those are evidence and the continued merchandising for SMWW that keep getting produced and marketed as a duo to the general public . No amount online hate can undo the reality of facts. Amazon has the Power Couple volume and the reviews for example are very good averaging 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It's Tomasi SMWW volumes that are not so popular because well, we discussed that already.

SMWW is a brand that sells and people want and love them together as seen on this very thread with the posts shared by you all!
    The SM/WW series was still around the 40k range when DC decided to blow up everything, even the later decline in sales happened after the book was moving away from its original premise and what made it beloved in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning, my dear friends! A happy and blessed Saturday to us all!

“There is no experience like having children.’ That’s all. There is no substitute for it. You cannot do it with a friend. You cannot do it with a lover. If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children.”
    ― Mitch Albom

"Good Morning! Just to say that every Super Baby has his Wonder Mama ❤️😂 and this one does not tire of showing how much you love this role ❤️. It is for the rest of my life, my mission will be to try to protect you from all evil, you were and it is the best gift that God could have given me. I love you forever!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bts0Reml...on_share_sheet
    Good morning/afternoon/evening and happy Saturday to you, Deiasilva. Beautiful pic and caption as usual. "Every Super Baby has his Wonder Mama" is a new catchphrase that will trend in the near future? 🤣

And Diana and Kal technically "lost" the battle but won the war as they sacrificed their lives for the greater good. That scene in the nuclear reactor . OMG. That was such a powerful moment. Never to be seen because we had to see a plot that has been done over and over.
    This was the greatest scene especially with their dialogue and the moment they put their strengths together to be as one. Diana having the weapon (sword) to split the atom. Clark being able to see the atom. They did it together. That’s a powerful moment between to equals truly making the sacrifice for the greater good.

SMWW comics sold consistently. The ooc stuff and Diana being poorly used did affect it but the books never dipped below 25 k I think, and that not even counting digital. It never had retcons and renumbering and double shipping and reurnability etc. There are numbers and analysis of the sales and charts during the new 52 to now and it is there for all to see. Those are evidence and the continued merchandising for SMWW that keep getting produced and marketed as a duo to the general public . No amount online hate can undo the reality of facts. Amazon has the Power Couple volume and the reviews for example are very good averaging 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It's Tomasi SMWW volumes that are not so popular because well, we discussed that already.

SMWW is a brand that sells and people want and love them together as seen on this very thread with the posts shared by you all!
    The SM/WW series was still around the 40k range when DC decided to blow up everything, even the later decline in sales happened after the book was moving away from its original premise and what made it beloved in the first place.
    The book started declining drastically exactly with the OOC characterization and the awful “truth” storyline.
    Even then, the book was being supported in hopes things would change and had the ability to last longer than “Trinity” could.

It continues to go back to...if it was because of sales then ok, it is what it is. If other other concepts worked better, then ok, it is what it is. But that wasn’t and hasn’t been the case and not only that but there’s continued merch which means it’s known to be valuable. Why screw it up?

That's sad but true judging by the trend lately.
    Like crying wolf...

I was disappointed by Tomasi's run since his 1st arc, his B&R series was one of my fav books back then and I had high expectations for his run on SM/WW. I agree that knowing what was in store could've highly penalized his investment in the writing of the series and the characters involved.

I recall him and the artist joking in the early interviews that the series should be named Wonder Woman/Superman because she'll get the spotlight or something.
    So basically knowing what was coming pretty much gave the feel of not caring at all? They could’ve at least given a satisfying ending instead of the mess that ended up making things messier as well as unnecessarily throwing especially Diana under the bus. Or scratch that...just ending it with Soule’s cut run period would’ve been better.

I remember that but...the execution just wasn’t kicking. Tomasi knew he wasn’t getting Diana’s character, he knew fans had complaints/concerns but didn’t exactly take them into consideration knowing it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    This was the greatest scene especially with their dialogue and the moment they put their strengths together to be as one. Diana having the weapon (sword) to split the atom. Clark being able to see the atom. They did it together. That’s a powerful moment between to equals truly making the sacrifice for the greater good.
    It sort of represented that, despite their differences, they complemented each others.

The book started declining drastically exactly with the OOC characterization and the awful “truth” storyline.
    Even then, the book was being supported in hopes things would change and had the ability to last longer than “Trinity” could.
    The real decline was with "Truth" and the "I don't love you anymore" thing, Tomasi first arc still sold around the 40k range.

It continues to go back to...if it was because of sales then ok, it is what it is. If other other concepts worked better, then ok, it is what it is. But that wasn’t and hasn’t been the case and not only that but there’s continued merch which means it’s known to be valuable. Why screw it up?
    Because comics don't matter s**t and have to follow the movies?

So basically knowing what was coming pretty much gave the feel of not caring at all? They could’ve at least given a satisfying ending instead of the mess that ended up making things messier as well as unnecessarily throwing especially Diana under the bus. Or scratch that...just ending it with Soule’s cut run period would’ve been better.
    I guess it was like writing filler issues, the same applies to the other authors involved with the Superman character during that period.

I remember that but...the execution just wasn’t kicking. Tomasi knew he wasn’t getting Diana’s character, he knew fans had complaints/concerns but didn’t exactly take them into consideration knowing it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.
    Exactly. Do you remember his reassurance to fans concerned about the direction of the series that great things would come in June 2016? That say it all. 😡

Good morning, my dear friends!!!! A happy Sunday for us all!!!

"Every day we are more surprised because our girls want to be heroines and fill us with much joy! Thank you for inviting us #trinidad and let us be part of your special day #superman #MujerMaravilla"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxCuRJ_A...on_share_sheet

"Did you have a wonderful woman shining in her 30 years? Yes, I did ... Day brought friends and family together to celebrate her evening at a beautiful fantasy party, I'll tell you ... the guests did it!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxAOP11H...on_share_sheet

It sort of represented that, despite their differences, they complemented each others.
    Exactly. It’s about balance. Their differences balanced their similarities and/or vice versa. It’s more than just the superficial outlook of both the similarities and differences. That’s been acknowledged over the years and why their relationship continues to to have such strong representation and connection.

The real decline was with "Truth" and the "I don't love you anymore" thing, Tomasi first arc still sold around the 40k range.
    Yeah, seeing that drastic decline should’ve been a big red flag that maybe that’s not what the suppose target audience wanted and how really bad it was. It was already getting bad with Diana’s mischaracterization with his first arc. We believed maybe he needed to work a bit more to understand her. Nah...

Because comics don't matter s**t and have to follow the movies?
    But what if the movies aren’t received? DC isn’t in a position to put their eggs in one basket and have the confidence it will do good. That’s what they did with BVS and...welp...

I guess it was like writing filler issues, the same applies to the other authors involved with the Superman character during that period.
    Should’ve stopped it with Soule. What a waste.

Exactly. Do you remember his reassurance to fans concerned about the direction of the series that great things would come in June 2016? That say it all. 😡
    LOL what great things? Throwing petty jabs and saying rebirth Superman is the version we should love and accept for living out the privileged flag waving American Way or Rebirth Wonder Woman having a mental break down acting like a lost insecure little girl. Yeah sure that’s great. 🙄

Cool

After reading this chapter I only have one thing to say - baby Astrea so needs to be an official thing, Elseworlds or otherwise.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

....SMWW comics sold consistently. The ooc stuff and Diana being poorly used did affect it but the books never dipped below 25 k I think, and that not even counting digital. It never had retcons and renumbering and double shipping and reurnability etc. There are numbers and analysis of the sales and charts during the new 52 to now and it is there for all to see. Those are evidence and the continued merchandising for SMWW that keep getting produced and marketed as a duo to the general public . No amount online hate can undo the reality of facts. Amazon has the Power Couple volume and the reviews for example are very good averaging 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It's Tomasi SMWW volumes that are not so popular because well, we discussed that already.

Sadly, the problem is while the general public adores the concept many in the industry and certain critics don't. These vocal groups are pushing their nostalgic agenda on the rest of us, which is just bad business in an already struggling industry (the comic books themselves).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

After reading this chapter I only have one thing to say - baby Astrea so needs to be an official thing, Elseworlds or otherwise.
    Baby Astrea is proof that an intelligent writer who really loves the characters he/she writes can make a SMWW baby extremely powerful, moving, realistic and intelligent! We can connect with this child / goddess because she represents the future, love and hope in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sadly, the problem is while the general public adores the concept many in the industry and certain critics don't. These vocal groups are pushing their nostalgic agenda on the rest of us, which is just bad business in an already struggling industry (the comic books themselves).
    DC must learn from Marvel, learn to give fans what they want to see not what time-stagnant nostalgic see for years and years and never get out of the place, Marvel did it on Endgame, gave the fans what they wanted but at the same time introduced the new one... and know what the result was? Marvel is out there breaking records of money and criticism.