Page 241 of 410 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I don't think that I agree with this at all. If anything, the relationship and understanding they formed in that era went a long way to disprove those "differences" translating to them not being able to be together. If anything, we saw that it was because of exactly who they were that led to them having the deepest and most meaningful connection with one another than they had with anyone else. It is that established friendship and connection that propelled their union in Kingdom Come. What we saw was that it wasn't that they were too different to make it work when they first met, but that emotionally, maturity, and experience wise, they just were not yet ready for the kind of relationship which they could have and deserved. And it was that friendship, that relationship of deep trust, honesty, love, transparency, dependability, vulnerability, the give and take, and many other qualifiers that they established that would eventually make any romantic relationship between them extremely successful.

I can never buy the claim of Superman and Wonder Woman being too different. It just rings completely false and hollow. When the very inspiration of her creation is connected to Superman it just sounds like a very ridiculous excuse. Sorry, but I hate that fake argument from detractors because it usually lends to unfavorable mischaracterization of Diana.
    The biggest difference between the SM and WW of the post-Crisis era is their lifestyle. With the loss of the Diana Prince secret identity after COIE, she became a full-time celebrity focusing on her mission of peace, while Clark was more centered on his "human identity" and living a normal life far from the spotlight as Clark Kent. This would have made it difficult for them to have a relationship but, it could create the kind of drama and story potential for a complex non-conventional relationship.

They subverted the narrative of her origins to turn her into the countless illegitimate children of Zeus (for those who seemed to have a hard time believing that yes a woman can be powerful and give Superman a run for his money and be made from clay and blessed by mainly goddesses and not due to being born from a powerful god), but where is the powerhouse now? Since being the daughter of Zeus is supposedly the best thing?
    You should take a look at the current WW run by G. Willow Wilson. She has made no secret of preferring the clay origin and in a panel it's also subtly referenced. In the next arc, she'll also bring back Diana on Themyscira. Finally!
    If she would dedicate also an arc to restore SM/WW's friendship, it would be ideal. 😅

“#ThrowbackThursday Last years Halloween Night with Clark Kent! 😉❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_G3QWDc5H/

“Eat more chick’n or save the world?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_8dqgFBrH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxO7futDUqo/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning beautiful people!!!! A happy and blessed day for us all!

“The best way to be appreciative for your life is to live it; don't die for any other reason but love. Dreams are what guide us, art is what defines us, math is makes it all possible, and love is what lights our way.”
    ― Mike Norton
    Happy Thursday, Deiasilva!

Nice picture, I'd like to know what's written though. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Well yeah, it was a reboot (clean slate) after all. However, I say it was more of an evolution to it all. It still connected and took a huge step forward that has been building for years.

This right now is a total disconnect, everything seems backwards and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    I see it more an evolution of their "first meeting" of the 80s. In both eras, SM/WW first met while fighting Darkseid's army and they were instantly attracted by each other. The New52 recreated this set-up but pushed their relationship further than just a date/kiss.

That part. It's why I just avoid the WW forum generally because I just become annoyed and upset. Where is the outcry? Some folks are more concerned about irrelevant items than the problematic characterization and depowering of this iconic character. Or they are just fine to go along with whatever as long as Steve remains a love interest last I was there.
    Yes, Wonder Woman may have gained critical acclaim through the success of the live action movie, but when you look at current comics and depictions, what is there to convince you of why she is a wonder in the first place? Her strength and ability that used to be so awesome that all she ever really needed were her hands, lasso and gauntlets, where is that? They subverted the narrative of her origins to turn her into the countless illegitimate children of Zeus (for those who seemed to have a hard time believing that yes a woman can be powerful and give Superman a run for his money and be made from clay and blessed by mainly goddesses and not due to being born from a powerful god), but where is the powerhouse now? Since being the daughter of Zeus is supposedly the best thing?

I just hate the way her narrative and origin seem to get changed on the whim of writers who can't respect or appreciate her lore and/or purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The biggest difference between the SM and WW of the post-Crisis era is their lifestyle. With the loss of the Diana Prince secret identity after COIE, she became a full-time celebrity focusing on her mission of peace, while Clark was more centered on his "human identity" and living a normal life far from the spotlight as Clark Kent. This would have made it difficult for them to have a relationship but, it could create the kind of drama and story potential for a complex non-conventional relationship.

You should take a look at the current WW run by G. Willow Wilson. She has made no secret of preferring the clay origin and in a panel it's also subtly referenced. In the next arc, she'll also bring back Diana on Themyscira. Finally!
    If she would dedicate also an arc to restore SM/WW's friendship, it would be ideal. 😅
    From the Ultimate guide:

I think this is the part that help/hurt them both. Clark was written to basically resent his “other” and not able to truly be/accept who he was and so obsessed with just being human, it has watered his character down. It has actually done the opposite to not make him relatable. For Diana, she embraces and relishes her “otherness” unapologetically. However, it made it seem like she couldn’t function and continuously written as like a fish out of water or something that does need to be taught/guilt tripped. Funny that both are very much in this predicament now with Rebirth.

We also end up with the continued hypocritical, double standard debate/claim of whether they are “too different” or “too much the same”. However, yet again it’s proven it’s neither, it’s a balance of both as we see in the guides and encyclopedias and most of all, the stories themselves.

New52 found the balance and brought them to middle ground. They learned from each other. No it’s not easy, there is a lot of complexed story telling with this being one of their natural conflicts.

I can go either way with the clay origin or father Zeus. Both have story potential. Zeus is controversial but Diana having this untapped Goddess power and the dysfunctional God family was entertaining and amusing, especially with Eros and Strife.

How they are trying to back pedal on certain things is so uninspiring. Diana going back to Themyscira, there hasn’t even been any kind of grand build up to actually making that satisfying nor given a legitimate reason as to why she couldn’t go home in the first place.

I see it more an evolution of their "first meeting" of the 80s. In both eras, SM/WW first met while fighting Darkseid's army and they were instantly attracted by each other. The New52 recreated this set-up but pushed their relationship further than just a date/kiss.
    Well yes. It was the 80s done right or a bit better in a way. So it really is a give and take, up and down thing really with their history. LOL
    It can be moved forward, moves back but when moving forward again it’s a much bigger step than before.

SM/WW art by Jack Brandão, Rita Maria's husband 😂 and DCnautas:

"My first blank cover finished! 🔥 Superman and WW ❤️ what do you think guys? 😏"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxNGQ-SgH9y/

"Another drawing by my hubby coloured #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxH4jmDDLBW/

"A little bit of cuteness"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxHaaKfhISc/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning beautiful people!!!! A happy and blessed day for us all!

“The best way to be appreciative for your life is to live it; don't die for any other reason but love. Dreams are what guide us, art is what defines us, math is makes it all possible, and love is what lights our way.”
    ― Mike Norton

"Happy Friday and good weekend! We wish my husband and I / My hubby and I wish you a nice friday and a fun weekend"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwumEYdn...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxLTYUgl...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxL6GdGH...on_share_sheet

Thank you Deiasilva for always having the positive quotes to help us forge ahead. Being an SMWW fan is not easy when it is intentionally undermined. Doesn’t change my love for the pairing however, so I am appreciative of these post from real life couples who continue to exemplify what SMWW as a couple is about.

Because unconsciously that’s how relationships we in reality strive for are. Your “relationship goals”. You look on twitter, IG, or FB viral couples posts and they always talk about being best friends and the journey it took for them to get to that point. SMWW dynamic genuinely connects to reality because it’s not written as a fairytale. It’s not written about them only being together for powers or whatever other superficial nonsense is brought up. It’s not perfect by any means but you see the work and effort put in the relationship.

Precisely.
    Their love is that mature deep rooted kind of love when captured in that essence of their journey from friendship to lovers. Even when they were “just friends.” It moved me and spoke to me on a visceral level that I don’t get with any other pairing they are set up with. Here is hoping to something finally giving and we get back to a healthy, compelling, and respectful representation of SMWW together romantically.

Difficult maybe, but not impossible. And it definitely would have been interesting to see how they navigated that. I mean they did use to meet up outside of the league, so being discreet wasn’t unfamiliar to them. What a wasted opportunity.

I would feel like I won the lotto if their storyline was continued in an elseworld or better yet, the Multiverse or timeline split as hinted at in the MCU (where a certain someone was able to travel back in time and live out a happy life in a different timeline then jump back into the timeline that was left).
    The twist in this new limeline for SMWW would be that after that first kiss in post crisis, SM does the whole spiel about being just a guy from Smallville, they become friends, he’ll even pursue the whole SM/Clark/LL triangle thing. The Clark/LL break up will occur (before the proposal, in this timeline that doesn’t occur at all), after which he goes to see Diana about something (can’t remember what it was only read the panel never bothered to read the full comic), and Diana basically encourages him to work out his relationship with LL (will mirror post crisis canon up to this point). Only this time, as Diana is encouraging him to repair his relationship with LL, he realizes that the woman whom he tends to seek out for advice when he is unsure about certain things or on how to handle certain situations, the woman who became his very good friend and confidant and whom he connected with on an integral and meaningful level as she understood what it was like to be an “other” understood and related so much to the burdens he carried as she shared similar burdens is exactly who he had been unknowingly searching for and never knew he needed in his life (I am an unapologetic romantic). So rather than the post crisis timeline where SM/Clark eventually gets back with LL, in this timeline he comes to a very significant realization that Diana is exactly who he wants and needs (this Clark matures faster 😛 ), and he works to prove it to her eventually leading to an SMWW romantic relationship that doesn’t take over 10 years to occur and an eventual union which doesn’t lead to a loss of immortality on Diana’s part once the kids come...😏.
    (Too bad I’m not a creative writer because I would love to read the story of this synopsis I just unintentionally ended up writing)

I may just check in just for that arc to Themyscira. Or more like skim through the panels…
    Now if she dedicated an arc to restoring SMWW’s friendship, not only will I not skim, but I may make an actual purchase 😏.

SuperWonder Tshirts!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxK0lwnH03U/

“Couple shirts or for single shirts no problem👌💖”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxBxtZhAGIW/

“Hi all, I would love to turn my designs into wearable art. The artworks are hand-drawn and specially created by me. I gain inspiration from existing art but I don’t do copies. Every piece is executed with an added twist.
    The following are ready for pre-order. (Kindly pm me for further details.) <Tshirt Image 1 >
    This unique piece was created using an impression of Gal Gadot’s facial features on the character. She is decked in the original Wonder Woman’s outfit carrying her signature weapons while shrouded in a mysterious cape. <Tshirt Image 2>
    This was inspired by the old school DC comics. I sketched out the silhouette and rendered the main character with watercolour and ink. His sculpted body and iconic curly fringe completes the entire look.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxMZvnwHMed/

From the Ultimate guide:

I think this is the part that help/hurt them both. Clark was written to basically resent his “other” and not able to truly be/accept who he was and so obsessed with just being human, it has watered his character down. It has actually done the opposite to not make him relatable. For Diana, she embraces and relishes her “otherness” unapologetically. However, it made it seem like she couldn’t function and continuously written as like a fish out of water or something that does need to be taught/guilt tripped. Funny that both are very much in this predicament now with Rebirth.

We also end up with the continued hypocritical, double standard debate/claim of whether they are “too different” or “too much the same”. However, yet again it’s proven it’s neither, it’s a balance of both as we see in the guides and encyclopedias and most of all, the stories themselves.
    Exactly.
    They can’t seem to decide which one it is. Either they are too different or they are too much alike. It just shows how contrived the claims were in the first place.
    SMWW will always be a relationship of balance. You cannot claim to respect the characters, stay true to their core and write them any other way. Doesn’t work and feels unrealistic and OOC.

New52 found the balance and brought them to middle ground. They learned from each other. No it’s not easy, there is a lot of complexed story telling with this being one of their natural conflicts.

I can go either way with the clay origin or father Zeus. Both have story potential. Zeus is controversial but Diana having this untapped Goddess power and the dysfunctional God family was entertaining and amusing, especially with Eros and Strife.

How they are trying to back pedal on certain things is so uninspiring. Diana going back to Themyscira, there hasn’t even been any kind of grand build up to actually making that satisfying nor given a legitimate reason as to why she couldn’t go home in the first place.

I know there are some others who feel that way, but as for me, I just can’t get onboard with the Zeus origin. The implications of it are too problematic for me to simply ignore, especially for a character like Diana who has been ridiculed by those who had a problem comprehending how she could be clay brought to life and still be a fully formed woman and an extremely powerful one at that. The Zeus origin change is paternalistic in a way that I do not like and was never meant to be. That is not her story, it was never meant to be her story. It adds nothing for me. Her powers were already incredible and was stated that the limits of them were unknown during the post crisis era. There was a time in that era she was also able to call upon Zeus’s lightning bolt wasn’t she? It can be an undiscovered ability amongst others that she may uncover or is later on granted as she continues her mission in protecting the world. I mean why not? She doesn’t need to be an offspring of Zeus for that to occur. To me she was more divine as a formed creation brought to life than as the offspring of Zeus. She was a literal goddess as a clay being and relied a lot less on offensive weaponry. It gets to me when she is only taken as a credible powerhouse by some because she is now the daughter of Zeus.
    She can still have interactions in with the Olympians in a meaningful and fun way with all there fickleness and dysfunction. It just means the writers have to dig deeper for stories that would serve such plotlines in organic ways.

But anywho, back to SMWW appreciating.
    Does anyone what comic this panel is from? It was posted by an SMWW fan instagram user and captioned “Superman and Wonder Woman Comics.” So I am presuming the guy who calls her name and who’s arms she goes into is Kal?

Screenshot_2019-04-14-09-52-42~2.jpg

"A little bit of cuteness"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxHaaKfhISc/

Oh my goodness! This is too cute! Awww...😢

Precisely.
    Their love is that mature deep rooted kind of love when captured in that essence of their journey from friendship to lovers. Even when they were “just friends.” It moved me and spoke to me on a visceral level that I don’t get with any other pairing they are set up with. Here is hoping to something finally giving and we get back to a healthy, compelling, and respectful representation of SMWW together romantically.
    There’s a reason why outside of comics, we see SMWW representation daily. We don’t just pull all of this out of no where. The “I am or He/She is my...Superman/Wonder Woman” quotes everywhere. That all can’t be stopped, overlooked so easily. SMWW has earned being what it is as THE ultimate positive representation of an evolving relationship.

And yes indeed. Here’s to hoping! ��

Exactly.
    They can’t seem to decide which one it is. Either they are too different or they are too much alike. It just shows how contrived the claims were in the first place.
    SMWW will always be a relationship of balance. You cannot claim to respect the characters, stay true to their core and write them any other way. Doesn’t work and feels unrealistic and OOC.
    Wonder Woman was created to be the answer/challenge/counterpart to Superman. How and why would that be turned into a bad thing? There was just an exhibit explaining why they are the “Mother and Father of superheroes” and “King and Queen of modern mythology”.

The problem isn’t the characters nor their dynamic. Trying to make and force conflict between Superman and Wonder Woman, twist the nature of their relationship or even completely try to take it away as they’ve done in rebirth, shows just how big a part they play in each other’s narrative and how this hurts the characters in the long run.

It’s not at all hard to respect the history/dynamic and help move it forward for the better.

I know there are some others who feel that way, but as for me, I just can’t get onboard with the Zeus origin. The implications of it are too problematic for me to simply ignore, especially for a character like Diana who has been ridiculed by those who had a problem comprehending how she could be clay brought to life and still be a fully formed woman and an extremely powerful one at that. The Zeus origin change is paternalistic in a way that I do not like and was never meant to be. That is not her story, it was never meant to be her story. It adds nothing for me. Her powers were already incredible and was stated that the limits of them were unknown during the post crisis era. There was a time in that era she was also able to call upon Zeus’s lightning bolt wasn’t she? It can be an undiscovered ability amongst others that she may uncover or is later on granted as she continues her mission in protecting the world. I mean why not? She doesn’t need to be an offspring of Zeus for that to occur. To me she was more divine as a formed creation brought to life than as the offspring of Zeus. She was a literal goddess as a clay being and relied a lot less on offensive weaponry. It gets to me when she is only taken as a credible powerhouse by some because she is now the daughter of Zeus.
    She can still have interactions in with the Olympians in a meaningful and fun way with all there fickleness and dysfunction. It just means the writers have to dig deeper for stories that would serve such plotlines in organic ways.
    I totally get that and you are right. Even with the clay origin, we can still have the God drama/meddling, Diana can be the powerful Goddess she evolves to be. Its just exactly, take writers to dig deeper. However, with the mindset now, they are going to the extremes of either side than finding middle ground.

But anywho, back to SMWW appreciating.
    Does anyone what comic this panel is from? It was posted by an SMWW fan instagram user and captioned “Superman and Wonder Woman Comics.” So I am presuming the guy who calls her name and who’s arms she goes into is Kal?

Screenshot_2019-04-14-09-52-42~2.jpg
    IÂ’ve seen this before but do not recall the name. However yes, that is Kal.

A couple of minor edits later...

Let me word this a bit stronger.

Knock off the reference to haters (or any synonym that leaps to mind) and/or slamming editorial/creative teams for their treatment of SM/WW.

Go forth and Appreciate without dragging negativity towards anyone/anything else!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

“Eat more chick’n or save the world?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_8dqgFBrH/
    “Eat more chick’n or save the world?” 😂😂😂😂

Well I kind of agree with that !!! Nothing has more power than crispy chicken wings with a cold beer !!!!

There’s a reason why outside of comics, we see SMWW representation daily. We don’t just pull all of this out of no where. The “I am or He/She is my...Superman/Wonder Woman” quotes everywhere. That all can’t be stopped, overlooked so easily. SMWW has earned being what it is as THE ultimate positive representation of an evolving relationship.

And yes indeed. Here’s to hoping! ��
    Absolutely to the bolded portion.
    Sometimes I'm left wondering how old will I be before this is once again reflected in the comics?? Hopefully before I hit half a century. 😩

Wonder Woman was created to be the answer/challenge/counterpart to Superman. How and why would that be turned into a bad thing? There was just an exhibit explaining why they are the “Mother and Father of superheroes” and “King and Queen of modern mythology”.

The problem isn’t the characters nor their dynamic. Trying to make and force conflict between Superman and Wonder Woman, twist the nature of their relationship or even completely try to take it away as they’ve done in rebirth, shows just how big a part they play in each other’s narrative and how this hurts the characters in the long run.

It’s not at all hard to respect the history/dynamic and help move it forward for the better.
    Great question.
    Exactly and precisely. 😏

I totally get that and you are right. Even with the clay origin, we can still have the God drama/meddling, Diana can be the powerful Goddess she evolves to be. Its just exactly, take writers to dig deeper. However, with the mindset now, they are going to the extremes of either side than finding middle ground.
    It's good to be understood. Would not mind seeing this at all properly portrayed and balanced out. While it'll be interesting having Diana interacting with the Olympians I wouldn't want that to be her main interactions. I still want the off world missions and the interactions with gods of other cultures/dimensions and just being someone who explores. It's a balancing act I would like to see more of.

IÂ’ve seen this before but do not recall the name. However yes, that is Kal.
    Awwww...I'm really curious to know what's going on in that panel.
    Last edited by LadyP; 05-09-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Thank you Deiasilva for always having the positive quotes to help us forge ahead. Being an SMWW fan is not easy when it is intentionally undermined. Doesn’t change my love for the pairing however, so I am appreciative of these post from real life couples who continue to exemplify what SMWW as a couple is about.
    Yes, being a SMWW fan is not easy but it sure is extremely pleasurable! It is a pleasure to see the love and solidarity that this couple brings to the people, it is pleasant to be able to call who is a fan of them as a friend, it is pleasant to know that we belong to a community of people balanced with a sense of humor and vision, who can see besides a few drawing pages ... I especially thank you, Lady P, that every time you make a present here brighten this debate! Thanks.

Absolutely to the bolded portion.
    Sometimes I'm left wondering how old will I be before this is once again reflected in the comics?? Hopefully before I hit half a century. ��
    hahahaha well I shall do half century next year so I do not uphold this hope! Kkkkkk but you know, as our gentle Wonder Moderator reminded us, we should always see on the bright side ... thanks to SMWW I became more spiritual and I came to believe in reincarnation! If I do not see SMWW again in this life, I'll certainly see in another one, since SMWW, just like Thanos, is inevitable and DC does not have Ironman... 🤣😘❤️
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-10-2019 at 08:02 AM.