Page 242 of 410 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    OMG! This shirt is being sold at Riachelo ????? Riachuelo is one of the largest chain of popular clothing stores here in Brazil! It is in most of the shopping malls here! This proves how SMWW is popular in my country!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW framed art:

"#laser #engraved #epiloglaser #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwtUJbVAwbM/

"Stretching beyond vintage Nat Geos and into the world of comics. Thanks to Ryan for the inspiration and collaboration. 💫 #comiccollage #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGS-m7F3_P/

"Love how this commissioned piece for @jro9 came out! Referencing a variant cover by @tonysdanielx and #tomeumorey 🖼 Hope you and the family enjoy it. Super Kisses Mixed media 24” x 24”"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQvY4qHFRJ/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW framed art:

"#laser #engraved #epiloglaser #superman #wonderwoman"

This was at first a fan edit but now, like Deodato’s image, has become its own thing and very popular. 🤗 This actually would be great as an SMWW movie poster.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwtUJbVAwbM/

"Stretching beyond vintage Nat Geos and into the world of comics. Thanks to Ryan for the inspiration and collaboration. 💫 #comiccollage #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxGS-m7F3_P/

"Love how this commissioned piece for @jro9 came out! Referencing a variant cover by @tonysdanielx and #tomeumorey 🖼 Hope you and the family enjoy it. Super Kisses Mixed media 24” x 24”"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQvY4qHFRJ/
    Tony’s SMWW art really stands out. It is recreated for murals, art shows etc.

The selfie is just so adorable especially with the kiss marks all over Kal’s face! 🤣
    The composition is great with either way you turn it, it looks like one or the other is taking the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    OMG! This shirt is being sold at Riachelo ????? Riachuelo is one of the largest chain of popular clothing stores here in Brazil! It is in most of the shopping malls here! This proves how SMWW is popular in my country!
    Wow! That’s amazing!!! I really want this shirt!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 05-10-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Yes, being a SMWW fan is not easy but it sure is extremely pleasurable! It is a pleasure to see the love and solidarity that this couple brings to the people, it is pleasant to be able to call who is a fan of them as a friend, it is pleasant to know that we belong to a community of people balanced with a sense of humor and vision, who can see besides a few drawing pages ... I especially thank you, Lady P, that every time you make a present here brighten this debate! Thanks.

Awww shucks. You are one of my biggest motivator as an SMWW fan because you have been in it for a long time and seen a lot. Not only that, but have contributed to SMWW appreciation in meaningful ways through your commissioning of original SMWW art. So thank you for that because I try not to be a negative Nancy, but sometimes it's hard. I appreciate your kind sentiment a lot. 😊

hahahaha well I shall do half century next year so I do not uphold this hope! Kkkkkk but you know, as our gentle Wonder Moderator reminded us, we should always see on the bright side ... thanks to SMWW I became more spiritual and I came to believe in reincarnation! If I do not see SMWW again in this life, I'll certainly see in another one, since SMWW, just like Thanos, is inevitable and DC does not have Ironman… 🤣😘❤️
    God bless you! A half a century. I still have a bit more time while it might not be as much as I like to convince myself of.

Nooo….not another lifetime. 😩

“DC does not have an Ironman…” 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Oh my goodness, you have me about to burst out loud laughing at work. That’s funny. But true right?
    SMWW is inevitable and that’s canon fact. 😉

Well yes. It was the 80s done right or a bit better in a way. So it really is a give and take, up and down thing really with their history. LOL
    It can be moved forward, moves back but when moving forward again it’s a much bigger step than before.
    For the sake of consistency and continuity, I'd have preferred a more linear development than those ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Difficult maybe, but not impossible. And it definitely would have been interesting to see how they navigated that. I mean they did use to meet up outside of the league, so being discreet wasn’t unfamiliar to them. What a wasted opportunity.
    They should've seen each other mainly in their superhero identities. Mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent having a date with the princess of Themyscira would have aroused some suspicion. 😅

I would feel like I won the lotto if their storyline was continued in an elseworld or better yet, the Multiverse or timeline split as hinted at in the MCU (where a certain someone was able to travel back in time and live out a happy life in a different timeline then jump back into the timeline that was left).
    The twist in this new limeline for SMWW would be that after that first kiss in post crisis, SM does the whole spiel about being just a guy from Smallville, they become friends, he’ll even pursue the whole SM/Clark/LL triangle thing. The Clark/LL break up will occur (before the proposal, in this timeline that doesn’t occur at all), after which he goes to see Diana about something (can’t remember what it was only read the panel never bothered to read the full comic), and Diana basically encourages him to work out his relationship with LL (will mirror post crisis canon up to this point). Only this time, as Diana is encouraging him to repair his relationship with LL, he realizes that the woman whom he tends to seek out for advice when he is unsure about certain things or on how to handle certain situations, the woman who became his very good friend and confidant and whom he connected with on an integral and meaningful level as she understood what it was like to be an “other” understood and related so much to the burdens he carried as she shared similar burdens is exactly who he had been unknowingly searching for and never knew he needed in his life (I am an unapologetic romantic). So rather than the post crisis timeline where SM/Clark eventually gets back with LL, in this timeline he comes to a very significant realization that Diana is exactly who he wants and needs (this Clark matures faster 😛 ), and he works to prove it to her eventually leading to an SMWW romantic relationship that doesn’t take over 10 years to occur and an eventual union which doesn’t lead to a loss of immortality on Diana’s part once the kids come...😏.
    (Too bad I’m not a creative writer because I would love to read the story of this synopsis I just unintentionally ended up writing)
    A divergent timeline where things went differently? I like the idea. Reminds me of the alternate life dreamed by SM/WW in WW #141. It would be refreshing compared to the Elseworlds that feature SM/WW getting together in hypothetical futures.

I may just check in just for that arc to Themyscira. Or more like skim through the panels…
    Now if she dedicated an arc to restoring SMWW’s friendship, not only will I not skim, but I may make an actual purchase 😏.
    It would be worth realizing it just to get also new purchasers on board. 😉

But anywho, back to SMWW appreciating.
    Does anyone what comic this panel is from? It was posted by an SMWW fan instagram user and captioned “Superman and Wonder Woman Comics.” So I am presuming the guy who calls her name and who’s arms she goes into is Kal?

Attachment 82166
    That's from The Adventures of Superman Annual #6 (1994), it's an Elseworld story set 10 years in the future where the few Leaguers left should save humanity from an alien race that invaded Earth and killed most of the heroes: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Seven

Diana had consulted an oracle who told her where to find Superman when he'll come out of retirement and she meets him after many years in the panel you shared.

For the sake of consistency and continuity, I'd have preferred a more linear development than those ups and downs.
    Yeah I know. I think we would’ve all preferred that. But like I said, if given another go, be creative, consistent, and actually let it go as it may, flourish etc.. no rushing and respect both characters. No unnecessary forced conflict/drama.

I still think the idea of an anthology is better 🤣 give us more flavors and it would be nice being set in different eras.

BTW, really can’t wait for their joint collectibles encyclopedia in August. That would give a good jump to the wishful thinking anthology

“I don't care if Monday's blue
    Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
    Thursday I don't care about you
    It's Friday I'm in love...

Monday you can fall apart
    Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
    Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
    It's Friday I'm in love...”

Let’s celebrate on Friday as our favorite couple would do (at least until the next crisis appears): toasting, making love and!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxF_U0Mn..._sheet&igshid=

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxOdZ33n...d=9dx9karsfstd

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPjMQ0B...=173r50g7lxrwb
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-10-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Yeah I know. I think we would’ve all preferred that. But like I said, if given another go, be creative, consistent, and actually let it go as it may, flourish etc.. no rushing and respect both characters. No unnecessary forced conflict/drama.

I still think the idea of an anthology is better 🤣 give us more flavors and it would be nice being set in different eras.
    Instead of an anthology, just make many different miniseries/graphic novels with different styles and genres under the various DC's imprints, no? 😉

BTW, really can’t wait for their joint collectibles encyclopedia in August. That would give a good jump to the wishful thinking anthology
    Is it already known the contents of the anthology, number of pages, etc? There weren't much infos when it was announced.

Instead of an anthology, just make many different miniseries/graphic novels with different styles and genres under the various DC's imprints, no? 😉
    Hmm? Ok. This would work too. This would mean there’s room for the stories to be either a mini or maxi-mini. Being strictly an anthology, it would be a set number of issues, which is usually no more than I think 3.

Is it already known the contents of the anthology, number of pages, etc? There weren't much infos when it was announced.
    The description from Amazon: classic tales, timelines, and iconic comic book covers, plus an account of their friendship, romance, and collaboration in the ongoing war against global super villains.

Seems to be 60 pages.

I think more info close to release August 13

Good morning beautiful people!!! A happy and blessed Saturday to us all specially for my sweet Lady P! Thank you for your kind words!!!

“Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you're drunk on my love.”
    C.J. Carlyon

“Wonder Woman’s always needs a sideckick”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwz0DGDH...=108ezrrxkrtxa

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxO0iXYB...d=1uuimyeiul0i

https://www.instagram.com/meetclover...=1cy9yrbet288m

They should've seen each other mainly in their superhero identities. Mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent having a date with the princess of Themyscira would have aroused some suspicion. 😅
    Your comment made me think of those magazine cover edits by Whispering Waters(?) that were posted on here some time ago. How fun would that be the public seeing Diana socializing with "mild mannered" Clark Kent and also with Superman on multiple various occasions for what appears to intimate outings? 😄
    The public would be totally enthralled trying to figure out what exactly was going on. That would be really fun to read. Maybe years down the line they finally figure out both men are one and the same to their utter disbelief 😏

A divergent timeline where things went differently? I like the idea. Reminds me of the alternate life dreamed by SM/WW in WW #141. It would be refreshing compared to the Elseworlds that feature SM/WW getting together in hypothetical futures.

It would be worth realizing it just to get also new purchasers on board.
    😉
    Right?!
    Thinking about it now, so much potential and possibilities. Bringing on board both new and old purchasers is only a win. Just need capable writers and we're all set. (Make it happen DC/WB)

That's from The Adventures of Superman Annual #6 (1994), it's an Elseworld story set 10 years in the future where the few Leaguers left should save humanity from an alien race that invaded Earth and killed most of the heroes: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Seven

Diana had consulted an oracle who told her where to find Superman when he'll come out of retirement and she meets him after many years in the panel you shared.

Thank you! Read the synopsis and it sounds dark and tragic. Is it worth the read for possible good SMWW moments?

I just love how sweet they are with each other in that second image. Diana almost giddy leaping into Superman's arms. Honestly, these kinds of interactions with SMWW never fails to warm my heart. It's what makes me love them so much, how they are unguarded in their affection. 😊

Good morning beautiful people!!! A happy and blessed Saturday to us all specially for my sweet Lady P! Thank you for your kind words!!!

“Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you're drunk on my love.”
    C.J. Carlyon

“Wonder Woman’s always needs a sideckick”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwz0DGDH...=108ezrrxkrtxa

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxO0iXYB...d=1uuimyeiul0i

https://www.instagram.com/meetclover...=1cy9yrbet288m
    Good morning! Happy Saturday to you too. And thank you Deiasilva for the kind words. 😊

Your comment made me think of those magazine cover edits by Whispering Waters(?) that were posted on here some time ago. How fun would that be the public seeing Diana socializing with "mild mannered" Clark Kent and also with Superman on multiple various occasions for what appears to intimate outings? 😄
    The public would be totally enthralled trying to figure out what exactly was going on. That would be really fun to read. Maybe years down the line they finally figure out both men are one and the same to their utter disbelief 😏
    This story needs to happen! I think when SMWW became public in new52, whatever Soule was leading to with more of that plot thread would’ve been something similar to this. It’s really a mental and emotional challenge for Clark/Kal/Superman and Diana learns the advantages of privacy, quiet time, but there’s no feeling of lying/pretending etc.

The public commentary would definitely be entertaining.

Right?!
    Thinking about it now, so much potential and possibilities. Bringing on board both new and old purchasers is only a win. Just need capable writers and we're all set. (Make it happen DC/WB)
    Yep. This should be the main goal. Having a balanced interest between both new and old. This is what the multiverse is for.

I just love how sweet they are with each other in that second image. Diana almost giddy leaping into Superman's arms. Honestly, these kinds of interactions with SMWW never fails to warm my heart. It's what makes me love them so much, how they are unguarded in their affection. 😊
    Agreed!! Moments like this are really sweet and adorable for Diana. It’s not making her seem weak or losing her independence or whatever. It’s just her being herself with him. Whether they are just best friends or lovers, it’s this these kind of moments, that we’ve seen for so long to why their relationship resonates.

This story needs to happen! I think when SMWW became public in new52, whatever Soule was leading to with more of that plot thread would’ve been something similar to this. It’s really a mental and emotional challenge for Clark/Kal/Superman and Diana learns the advantages of privacy, quiet time, but there’s no feeling of lying/pretending etc.

The public commentary would definitely be entertaining.
    Yes it does.
    I actually want them to be coy about their relationship never confirming or denying the speculations. I call it 'sweet torture' for the public. 😏

Yep. This should be the main goal. Having a balanced interest between both new and old. This is what the multiverse is for.
    Exactly. I have very little if any interest in the current arc/canon, for would be customers like myself, restore what already was that captivated us in the first place. It's not as if they are doing a completely new concept. Bring back SMWW by reinstating the multiverse. We want them in a verse where they are respected and represented well. We SMWW fans do exist, and many for decades. That we tend to keep quiet does not mean we are any less in quantity. Unfortunately, we live in a society that only seems to serve those who get loud. As long as SMWW are written well, we will buy. It's not rocket science by any means.

Agreed!! Moments like this are really sweet and adorable for Diana. It’s not making her seem weak or losing her independence or whatever. It’s just her being herself with him. Whether they are just best friends or lovers, it’s this these kind of moments, that we’ve seen for so long to why their relationship resonates.
    I don't know what mature person would think that regarding the bolded part. There is strength to be found when you can let down your guard with a person you trust immensely. It is a freeing and uplifting experience. One that requires relying on inner strength. Being emotionless, or guarded does not translate to strength or independence, it instead reflects deep seated insecurity.
    I love when Diana has those unguarded moments with Kal. There's just something so pure in the honesty of the action and expressions. It only serves to humanize them more. And like you stated, it resonates.

Sidebar: In reference to King and Queen of DC, I came across what appears to be a DC/Marvel chessboard and guess who our King and Queen are on the DC side? Funny how this is an acknowledged thing, even when the ones who should be most aware of it fail to do so? Very gratifying to see.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    Last edited by LadyP; 05-11-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Grammar