Page 243 of 410 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Yes it does.
    I actually want them to be coy about their relationship never confirming or denying the speculations. I call it 'sweet torture' for the public. 😏
    OMG! Yes!! Would love to have the kind of scene rysketches created to be official 😜 cute, tension filled, maybe a little awkward kind of interviews

Exactly. I have very little if any interest in the current arc/canon, for would be customers like myself, restore what already was that captivated us in the first place. It's not as if they are doing a completely new concept. Bring back SMWW by reinstating the multiverse. We want them in a verse where they are respected and represented well. We SMWW fans do exist, and many for decades. That we tend to keep quiet those not mean we are any less in quantity. Unfortunately, we live in a society that only seems to serve those get loud. As long as SMWW are written well, we will buy. It's not rocket science by any means.
    Yeah I thought showing support and actually buying was the way to “speak”. Which was done with new52. Their joint book had a lot of support, I think it was a bit unexpected (which it shouldn’t be) with how the pair has been received over the years. A lot of times in general the loudest ones are the ones that don’t support nor buy when it’s time and necessary.

I don't know what mature person would think that regarding the bolded part. There is strength to be found when you can let down your guard with a person you trust immensely. It is a freeing and uplifting experience. One that requires relying on inner strength. Being emotionless, or guarded does not translate to strength or independence, it instead reflects deep seated insecurity.
    I love when Diana has those unguarded moments with Kal. There's just something so pure in the honesty of the action and expressions. It only serves to humanize them more. And like you stated, it resonates.
    I think the meaning of “strong” and “independent” or even “feminism” is misconstrued and/or twisted.

Kal and Diana have always had “humanizing” moments together from the simplest to the complexed. The most recent is from HIC, the shoulder touch. It was a simple silent moment that meant so much. It doesn’t take much dialogue with them, it’s the art that can convey just as much or if not more of the emotions. Their “godliness” doesn’t define them. They are defined by being the kind hearted beings they are.

Sidebar: In reference to King and Queen of DC, I came across what appears to be a DC/Marvel chessboard and guess who our King and Queen are on the DC side? Funny how this is an acknowledged thing, even when the ones who should be most aware of it fail to do so? Very gratifying to see.
    Attachment 82229
    I’ve seen this before but also another with New52 Justice League vs Legion of Doom. New52 Superman and Wonder Woman are King and Queen. So it’s acknowledged all around just isn’t as consist as we would prefer.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New SM/WW toy photography:

"Because Diana felt lonely."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxORmddnxey/

"The pair!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQ8WuPnFlA/

"PlayArt #DC #Superman #WonderWoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxC1fgbj-3g/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    OMG! Yes!! Would love to have the kind of scene rysketches created to be official 😜 cute, tension filled, maybe a little awkward kind of interviews
    Right?! The more I think about it the more I really need this to happen.

Yeah I thought showing support and actually buying was the way to “speak”. Which was done with new52. Their joint book had a lot of support, I think it was a bit unexpected (which it shouldn’t be) with how the pair has been received over the years. A lot of times in general the loudest ones are the ones that don’t support nor buy when it’s time and necessary.
    One would think so...😐

I think the meaning of “strong” and “independent” or even “feminism” is misconstrued and/or twisted.
    There's a prevailing warped ideology regarding what it means to be strong as a woman. And it is something that thankfully Patty Jenkins has been intentional in highlighting based on how Wonder Woman is depicted under her direction. Some try to tell us as women, that we cannot be feminine and strong as if they are somehow mutually exclusive. Or that you have to be cold, jaded or emotionally stunted in order to display true strength. To be warm and caring is somehow interpreted as weak. Wonder Woman was created to subvert toxic notions such as those. I actually feel empowered seeing that a woman can both be beautiful and fierce. Compassionate and still be a powerhouse. Gentle and yet fearless and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A woman can be a nurturer as well as a warrior. That is our power and right as women, that we can be all of those things.

Kal and Diana have always had “humanizing” moments together from the simplest to the complexed. The most recent is from HIC, the shoulder touch. It was a simple silent moment that meant so much. It doesn’t take much dialogue with them, it’s the art that can convey just as much or if not more of the emotions. Their “godliness” doesn’t define them. They are defined by being the kind hearted beings they are.
    Yes they do. And it's endearing to witness those moments. I think there are people who fail to grasp what it means for something to be humanizing and/or relatable. It is found in those moments in which you are able to relate to a character because the feelings, emotions, expressions are completely understandable. You can both sympathize and empathize because you know what it means to feel love, joy, loss, pain, hurt, anger, happiness, insecure, afraid, etc. The characteristics and morals of the characters. Those are the humanizing qualities. Not whether or not a character is a human or with a human.

I’ve seen this before but also another with New52 Justice League vs Legion of Doom. New52 Superman and Wonder Woman are King and Queen. So it’s acknowledged all around just isn’t as consist as we would prefer.

Oh nice!
    More like it is a consistent trend recognized outside everywhere else but by those who should acknowledge it and leverage it in positive and profitable ways.

The description from Amazon: classic tales, timelines, and iconic comic book covers, plus an account of their friendship, romance, and collaboration in the ongoing war against global super villains.

Seems to be 60 pages.

I think more info close to release August 13
    Only 60 pages? I guess the book will not collect complete comic stories but only a list of comics to look for + some covers. They should make a SM/WW Omnibus next. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning beautiful people!!! A happy and blessed Saturday to us all specially for my sweet Lady P! Thank you for your kind words!!!

“Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you're drunk on my love.”
    C.J. Carlyon

“Wonder Woman’s always needs a sideckick”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwz0DGDH...=108ezrrxkrtxa
    Is it me or dogs are the pets that cosplaying as SM/WW the most? 😅

Your comment made me think of those magazine cover edits by Whispering Waters(?) that were posted on here some time ago. How fun would that be the public seeing Diana socializing with "mild mannered" Clark Kent and also with Superman on multiple various occasions for what appears to intimate outings? 😄
    The public would be totally enthralled trying to figure out what exactly was going on. That would be really fun to read. Maybe years down the line they finally figure out both men are one and the same to their utter disbelief 😏
    A supposed Clark/Diana/Superman's "love triangle"? lol.

Thank you! Read the synopsis and it sounds dark and tragic. Is it worth the read for possible good SMWW moments?

I just love how sweet they are with each other in that second image. Diana almost giddy leaping into Superman's arms. Honestly, these kinds of interactions with SMWW never fails to warm my heart. It's what makes me love them so much, how they are unguarded in their affection. 😊
    Sadly there aren't other SM/WW moments in the comic from what I recall. You can easily skip this story if you're looking for more of SM/WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

How thoughtful of Kal to keep Diana company. 🙃

The pair indeed! I really like this one 😍

In all versions they never fail to look good side by side.

Edit and sketches of Wonder Boy/Articus Kent, son of SM/WW created by Kristal:

"✴WONDERBOY! Son of Superman/Clark Kent and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. His name is Articus Kent - The strongest hero in the whole universe!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDnBNanZIs/

"WonderBoy ✴ What do you think? (I know, it's not perfect). Superman and Wonder Woman's son, I named him Articus"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwcPvO8Fcla/

"WonderBoy/Articus Kent - What do you think?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwekcJalP7l/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Yep. As far as the public is concerned that is. 😄

Sadly there aren't other SM/WW moments in the comic from what I recall. You can easily skip this story if you're looking for more of SM/WW.
    That's disappointing. Thank you for the heads up.

"The pair!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQ8WuPnFlA/

More DCEU love!!! Really can’t get enough! As always, love the captions! It’s still truly amazing how these two continue to be automatically paired.

*Cries for the SMWW movie we should’ve had*

There's a prevailing warped ideology regarding what it means to be strong as a woman. And it is something that thankfully Patty Jenkins has been intentional in highlighting based on how Wonder Woman is depicted under her direction. Some try to tell us as women, that we cannot be feminine and strong as if they are somehow mutually exclusive. Or that you have to be cold, jaded or emotionally stunted in order to display true strength. To be warm and caring is somehow interpreted as weak. Wonder Woman was created to subvert toxic notions such as those. I actually feel empowered seeing that a woman can both be beautiful and fierce. Compassionate and still be a powerhouse. Gentle and yet fearless and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A woman can be a nurturer as well as a warrior. That is our power and right as women, that we can be all of those things.

Yes they do. And it's endearing to witness those moments. I think there are people who fail to grasp what it means for something to be humanizing and/or relatable. It is found in those moments in which you are able to relate to a character because the feelings, emotions, expressions are completely understandable. You can both sympathize and empathize because you know what it means to feel love, joy, loss, pain, hurt, anger, happiness, insecure, afraid, etc. The characteristics and morals of the characters. Those are the humanizing qualities. Not whether or not a character is a human or with a human.
    ABSOLUTELY ALL OF THIS!!!

A lot of people look at superficial things and make assumptions and definitely use it to twist for their own narrative but again, this why not only do women and men still connect with Wonder Woman but her dynamic with Kal continues to resonate. They are fictional supernatural/mythological characters but their dynamic is very much “real” dealing with very “real” situations.

Oh nice!
    More like it is a consistent trend recognized outside everywhere else but by those who should acknowledge it and leverage it in positive and profitable ways.
    Heh...well yes...but hopefully that will be seen clearly and change for better. 🤗

Below, some edits of Wonder Boy/Articus Kent, son of SM/WW. The character has an account entirely dedicated to him that you can check in the following link: https://www.instagram.com/articuskent/

Only 60 pages? I guess the book will not collect complete comic stories but only a list of comics to look for + some covers. They should make a SM/WW Omnibus next. 😉
    Just looking at Amazons description. It might be more? There’s no preview just yet. Maybe closer to August we will see.

Public speculation, sure. 🤣

Edit and sketches of Articus Kent, son of SM/WW created by Kristal:

"✴WONDERBOY! Son of Superman/Clark Kent and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. His name is Articus Kent - The strongest hero in the whole universe!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDnBNanZIs/

"WonderBoy ✴ What do you think? (I know, it's not perfect). Superman and Wonder Woman's son, I named him Articus"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwcPvO8Fcla/

"WonderBoy/Articus Kent - What do you think?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwekcJalP7l/
    Loving that we are seeing all these new SuperWonder kids!

I like that Articus is Wonderboy and love his logo.

I see that on the SMWW repost comments about the boy taking Diana’s name as the son. But the admin response is on point about Kal and Diana’s relationship is about stepping out of tradition.

Just looking at Amazons description. It might be more? There’s no preview just yet. Maybe closer to August we will see.
    Hadn't there been another similar book on Batman & Joker released by the same publisher? How was that structured?

Loving that we are seeing all these new SuperWonder kids!
    I'm losing count of how many SuperWonder kids are created by fans every month.

I like that Articus is Wonderboy and love his logo.
    Articus' look is close to my ideal design for a SM/WW's kid, mixing both his father and mother's symbols and accessories.

I see that on the SMWW repost comments about the boy taking Diana’s name as the son. But the admin response is on point about Kal and Diana’s relationship is about stepping out of tradition.
    Well, it looks like SM/WW have plenty of children with all kind of names. Don't see where is the problem here. 🤣

Hadn't there been another similar book on Batman & Joker released by the same publisher? How was that structured?
    Yep! Batman & Joker was released March 12, final book length (page count) was 72 because it’s a special edition. Different writer(s) celebrating Bats and Joker’s relationship as arch “frenemies”. It looks like they may have added more to the description from when I last looked at it, mentioning Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller and Greg Capullo and even more details to the book.

You can see the box art and cover here as well the collectibles...
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Joker-...62255483&psc=1

🤔 I wonder will the collectibles be new52 for SMWW sense they have it for the cover?

I'm losing count of how many SuperWonder kids are created by fans every month.
    Have a whole Justice League all on their own. 😉

Articus' look is close to my ideal design for a SM/WW's kid, mixing both his father and mother's symbols and accessories.
    Yep! This is more of a balance. It’s always a plus when artists successfully mix their symbols and accessories as well create either new birth or superhero names for the kids.

Well, it looks like SM/WW have plenty of children with all kind of names. Don't see where is the problem here. 🤣
    Exactly! We thrive for uniqueness

hello my friends, good morning! I noticed that people still insist that SM and WW need to be "humanized" .... such people may not read SM and WW or if they read they do not understand or prefer not to understand what they read, this is a right that assists them, I believe ... but I must say "humanizing" is something unnecessary since they, although they are not human have human feelings ... know this nonsense that is to say that super powerful beings with powers of gods need "humans" at their side to connect with humanity fell to the ground when Marvel, in his magnificent saga Infinity Gauntlet, showed us a literal God moving from an arrogant young man to a responsible man, who takes his mantle through pain and loss. Thor feel fear, remorse, depression, suffer losses and overcome them ... a God ... it is time for this story that SM WW still need to be humanized to fall to the ground... people who do not like them need to come up with another excuse from now on.

“‪#FeatheryFriday: ‬
    ‪#DCComics #Superhero #Bird #AnimalsInCostumes #Cockatoo #JusticeLeague #WonderWoman #Superman”‬

https://mobile.twitter.com/havilah_v...330400768?s=21

“#mycatscoolerthanyours #relationshipgoals #crazycatlady”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxOXRSRF...=1suaoydl3pd9v

“‪#FurryFriday: ‬
    ‪#DCComics #Superhero #Animal #AnimalsInCostumes #Rabbit #Bunny #JusticeLeague #WonderWoman #Superman”‬

https://mobile.twitter.com/havilah_v...966305280?s=21

^^^It's not just dogs that like cosplaying as SM/WW. 🤣

Yep! Batman & Joker was released March 12, final book length (page count) was 72 because it’s a special edition. Different writer(s) celebrating Bats and Joker’s relationship as arch “frenemies”. It looks like they may have added more to the description from when I last looked at it, mentioning Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller and Greg Capullo and even more details to the book.

You can see the box art and cover here as well the collectibles...
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Joker-...62255483&psc=1
    It seems a mini-encyclopedia instead of a collection of comics as I thought at first.

🤔 I wonder will the collectibles be new52 for SMWW sense they have it for the cover?
    Those or the more recent Rebirth versions.

Have a whole Justice League all on their own. 😉
    True, lol. They keep expanding the team. 😝