Page 244 of 410 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 6144

"When God Created Mothers"

When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And God said, "Have you read the specs on this order?" She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts...all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said. "Six pairs of hands.... no way."

It's not the hands that are causing me problems," God remarked, "it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have." ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuGslJan...=1441r6pktqove

That's on the standard model?" asked the angel. God nodded.

One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks, 'What are you kids doing in there?' when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say. 'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word." ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxScsJ1A...d=e50ltackynye

God," said the angel touching his sleeve gently, "Get some rest tomorrow...."

I can't," said God, "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick...can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger...and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower."

The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed.

But tough!" said God excitedly. "You can imagine what this mother can do or endure."

Can it think?"

Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.

There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model."

It's not a leak," said the Lord, "It's a tear."

What's it for?"

It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."

You are a genius, " said the angel.

Somberly, God said, "I didn't put it there.”

Erma Bombeck

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxUy1eRA...d=lzle9tf9eiwa

Happy mother’s day to us all! May God bless all the wonder moms of the world!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 05-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It seems a mini-encyclopedia instead of a collection of comics as I thought at first.
    Yep! That’s exactly what it is. Dedicated to telling a pairs history. That’s why it’s such a surprise really to be one dedicated to Superman and Wonder Woman together. Of course you would have Batman and Joker, but one would think to have Batman and Superman as World’s Finest too (though I think that will come along...) or even Batman and Robin. If we are going romance, any other pair, like AquaMera. But for SMWW to have their own encyclopedia is a huge step! It emphasizes more on how important and profound this duo truly is and always has been.

Those or the more recent Rebirth versions.
    It will be odd to have rebirth versions given they don’t have history LOL 🤔

True, lol. They keep expanding the team. 😝
    Even more reason why we need the multiverse!🤣

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yep! That’s exactly what it is. Dedicated to telling a pairs history. That’s why it’s such a surprise really to be one dedicated to Superman and Wonder Woman together.
    It shouldn't be.

Of course you would have Batman and Joker, but one would think to have Batman and Superman as World’s Finest too (though I think that will come along...) or even Batman and Robin. If we are going romance, any other pair, like AquaMera. But for SMWW to have their own encyclopedia is a huge step! It emphasizes more on how important and profound this duo truly is and always has been.
    I suppose that, after the success of the Wonder Woman movie, publishers will release more informative books about the character to meet the increased demand of everything related to Diana.

It will be odd to have rebirth versions given they don’t have history LOL 🤔
    They have history, it just needs to be fully revealed. 🤯

Even more reason why we need the multiverse!🤣
    Exactly, lol. All those kids can't be contained in just one reality. 😂

It shouldn't be.
    Absolutely. It shouldn’t...but for now it is.

I suppose that, after the success of the Wonder Woman movie, publishers will release more informative books about the character to meet the increased demand of everything related to Diana.
    Which again emphasizes how prominent her dynamic with Kal is. It really shouldn’t be but it is so surprising that when it comes to talking about Wonder Woman and her history, Superman has so much importance.

This layout by Paulo Siqueira is very much on point.

Being that this is so important for Diana, this should be for Kal too. Their dynamic should be respected and acknowledged on both sides equally.

They have history, it just needs to be fully revealed. 🤯
    LOL! Sure...sure...

It will be still unbelievable with these versions. They messed that up pretty bad.

Exactly, lol. All those kids can't be contained in just one reality. 😂
    Multiverse Adventures: SuperWonder Kids edition 🤣

New SM/WW art by Jack Brandão, Aga Krol and Luigi Guarino:

"BLANK COVERS FINISHED 🔥 Superman and Wonder Woman ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVRCnCA1Ro/

"#superman #wonderwoman #love#"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVop56nZIZ/

"❤Superman love..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXER8JlTLd/

New SM/WW art by Jack Brandão, Aga Krol and Luigi Guarino:

"BLANK COVERS FINISHED 🔥 Superman and Wonder Woman ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVRCnCA1Ro/
    Wow this is great! I would love to see Clark and Diana fully powered up like this in a grand battle story. It would be incredible for it to be against really evil Gods of course.

This is also the companion to another blank cover posted two pages back. I love SMWW embraces. It’s just so sweet.

"#superman #wonderwoman #love#"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVop56nZIZ/
    Awe!!! 🤗 this is adorable and another reference to Deodato’s image.

Which again emphasizes how prominent her dynamic with Kal is. It really shouldn’t be but it is so surprising that when it comes to talking about Wonder Woman and her history, Superman has so much importance.

This layout by Paulo Siqueira is very much on point.

Being that this is so important for Diana, this should be for Kal too. Their dynamic should be respected and acknowledged on both sides equally.
    Exactly. If a book about Diana's history with another character should be made, it should be about her partnership with Superman. Over the decades, they shared a lot being close allies, friends/best-friends or lovers. It's a multifaceted relationship.

LOL! Sure...sure...

It will be still unbelievable with these versions. They messed that up pretty bad.
    You can't see it just because they did nothing till now. But it'll become "believable" after they'll start fleshing out SM/WW's history (when and if they'll decide to do so).

Multiverse Adventures: SuperWonder Kids edition 🤣
    Leading to the mega-crossover: "Crisis of the Infinite SuperWonder Kids" 😅

Wow this is great! I would love to see Clark and Diana fully powered up like this in a grand battle story. It would be incredible for it to be against really evil Gods of course.

This is also the companion to another blank cover posted two pages back. I love SMWW embraces. It’s just so sweet.
    You're such a hopeless romantic. 😉

Awe!!! 🤗 this is adorable and another reference to Deodato’s image.
    Deodato’s SM/WW image is omnipresent. How many times a week we see it being reproduced one way or another? 😅
    The 3rd art I posted is also inspired by another popular piece but I don't recall the name of the original artist.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-12-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Exactly. If a book about Diana's history with another character should be made, it should be about her partnership with Superman. Over the decades, they shared a lot being close allies, friends/best-friends or lovers. It's a multifaceted relationship.
    Unless it’s rip offs, I don’t think there’s no other relationship like this in comics? 🤔
    This is why it stands out and has lasted for so long. Even despite the whole different franchise thing, too. They are completely connected in so many different ways. How can anyone not want to celebrate and nourish that to keep it going and growing.

You can't see it just because they did nothing till now. But it'll become "believable" after they'll start fleshing out SM/WW's history (when and if they'll decide to do so).
    LOL It’s not there to see in the first place period🤣 and it won’t be believable because they tried that with the Trinity book. They not friends, they don’t have a solid bond. It will be difficult to accept them all of sudden acting like they should be... it’s empty now.

I don’t like the suppose flashback stuff either. Still seems cheap. Should’ve kept what was and respected it in the first place.

Leading to the mega-crossover: "Crisis of the Infinite SuperWonder Kids" 😅
    OMG! That already sounds epic!!

You're such a hopeless romantic. 😉
    I will not deny that! 🤗

Deodato’s SM/WW image is omnipresent. How many times a week we see it being reproduced one way or another? 😅
    The 3rd art I posted is also inspired by another popular piece but I don't recall the name of the original artist.
    Right!

Ah, the third pic I recognize but I think even from that, it’s inspired by Gone With The Wind, which we actually had for SMWW variant cover

Good morning!!! A happy and blessed week for us all!!!

“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
    A.A. Milne

“This afternoon was wonderful with my Love ❤❤👫❤❤😘😘

https://www.instagram.com/ze_stevee/...d=400ir3g0dbxq

Part 2

https://www.instagram.com/ze_stevee/...=1wotenka1oab7

“I was doing my Wonder Woman photoshoot when Superman decided to join in the frame. 😂
    We are the Earth's mightiest heroes! 💪💪🤣”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxOPQAjn...d=4imjhp507fta

^^^Are those pics from Second Life?

Unless it’s rip offs, I don’t think there’s no other relationship like this in comics? 🤔
    This is why it stands out and has lasted for so long. Even despite the whole different franchise thing, too. They are completely connected in so many different ways. How can anyone not want to celebrate and nourish that to keep it going and growing.
    What do you mean? I'd say that the uniqueness of the SM/WW relationship is that it built up over time between two characters from separate franchises that didn't even shared a book for most of their histories. You didn't get that with other characters.

LOL It’s not there to see in the first place period🤣 and it won’t be believable because they tried that with the Trinity book. They not friends, they don’t have a solid bond. It will be difficult to accept them all of sudden acting like they should be... it’s empty now.

I don’t like the suppose flashback stuff either. Still seems cheap. Should’ve kept what was and respected it in the first place.
    The Trinity book isn't a good example, the series featured 3 characters/half JL facing bad guys, and nothing much else. There weren't any friendship or dynamic between the characters because it wasn't really a character-focused book.

I will not deny that! 🤗
    😉

Right!

Ah, the third pic I recognize but I think even from that, it’s inspired by Gone With The Wind, which we actually had for SMWW variant cover

Oh, and strangely the fan-art has become more "popular" than the original as it's the one being remade and reposted several times.

What do you mean? I'd say that the uniqueness of the SM/WW relationship is that it built up over time between two characters from separate franchises that didn't even shared a book for most of their histories. You didn't get that with other characters.
    This is exactly what I mean. SMWW transcends in so many ways. They may be different franchises but how their relationship is, how their worlds can connect seamlessly, how it’s made such an impact to the general wider/diverse audience as we see daily, so different franchises wouldn’t be a thought at all. It isn’t really anyway. They are under the same umbrella (DC/WB) period.

So that’s what I’m saying with all of this leaning to a more positive outlook and how this dynamic is of value, actually take advantage of that instead of starting, halting, back peddling or settling for being stagnant

The Trinity book isn't a good example, the series featured 3 characters/half JL facing bad guys, and nothing much else. There weren't any friendship or dynamic between the characters because it wasn't really a character-focused book.
    But isn’t that suppose to be though? A balance of facing bad guys and character focus? Especially under the circumstances of the Rebirth premise. 🤔

The more questions asked, the bigger the holes become.

Oh, and strangely the fan-art has become more "popular" than the original as it's the one being remade and reposted several times.
    Got to love how much SMWW is such a stand out with that!! 😏🤣

“MORNING BREAKFAST.
    With a sick child we are inventing fashion to cheer the little one.
    Here we invite Superman and Wonder Woman to eat a Waffle.
    And then neighbors, dads and moms, what do you do there to encourage the little ones?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwuOWFJB...d=gkjupgrdq0py

“#Superman and #Wonderwoman loved checking out pilates!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSSxI5H...=10b27lir8j3h5

“For a big house .. They need super key rings!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDW0QfA...d=xnwmqbrvbsjf

This is exactly what I mean. SMWW transcends in so many ways. They may be different franchises but how their relationship is, how their worlds can connect seamlessly, how it’s made such an impact to the general wider/diverse audience as we see daily, so different franchises wouldn’t be a thought at all. It isn’t really anyway. They are under the same umbrella (DC/WB) period.

So that’s what I’m saying with all of this leaning to a more positive outlook and how this dynamic is of value, actually take advantage of that instead of starting, halting, back peddling or settling for being stagnant
    Yep, pretty much this.

But isn’t that suppose to be though? A balance of facing bad guys and character focus? Especially under the circumstances of the Rebirth premise. 🤔

The more questions asked, the bigger the holes become.
    They did something during the first arc from what I recall but quickly forgotten after that. Btw, I think that this kind of exploration (their partnership) should be touched first of all in their main series and then in a joint series.

Got to love how much SMWW is such a stand out with that!! 😏🤣
    The original artist will not be much happy though. 😂
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-13-2019 at 01:47 PM.

They did something during the first arc from what I recall but quickly forgotten after that. Btw, I think that this kind of exploration (their partnership) should be touched first of all in their main series and then in a joint series.
    Yep. That’s what I was referring to. They tried but it just came off as forced and hollow. Even rebirth first meeting was diluted 🤣

Real character and relationship development is of a solid foundation and constant building. SMWW isn’t the kind that just starts from somewhere random. It’s starts from the very beginning. If it’s not from that actual starting point, whatever follows won’t sit right.

The original artist will not be much happy though. 😂
    LOL I would like to think more positive and say the original artist will feel honored and proud of his/her inspiring work