Page 257 of 410 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Classic SM/WW toys photography:

"When Diana Prince sees Superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNaH-QFBu2/

"Wonder Woman and Superman, together again for the first time"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNa0vgF2lD/

Happy Sunday my friends!

The cake and toy photography and cosplay and wedding stuff continues to inspire and I see we have new stuff with the Selfie in t shirt form.

I see people wondering why they not doing anything new with SMWW and or SM and WW. Maybe shortsightedness or set in their ways or just seriously getting the wrong feedback because they look in the wrong places? eg social media or hoping movies will make a difference when they never have done?

To be honest I think they feel they are doing great stuff. Saying Superman is the center of the universe and Wonder Woman is the top heroine when they want some PR but in fact the body of work does not reflect that nor does their sales individually. When last did the center of the universe do anything remarkable to earn that title? Die? One would faster say Batman or Flash is seeing they have events around them a lot. And WW herself she's barely featured in anything world shattering to affect any great change and if she is included, it is just as window dressing. The best selling stuff with them have always been with them as a couple which is ironic from KC to DK to new 52.

Rebirth have been using characters to tell readers x or y is great. To try to enforce opinion. That is not how you write. That is a weak way to build something or get readers to invest. Good storytelling is letting a plot unfold and characters earn what they have. Readers will draw this conclusion by themselves if a story is powerful and impacting. There is a reason KC became so powerful body of work. No one had to tell us SM and WW cared for each other or seem a natural couple and challenge each other etc. It is there on the pages. It is in the dialogue and unfolding plot. No one had to tell us SM is better for having gone through the events of KC. We see in what he does for the world. No one had to tell us SM and WW love and trust BM. It is shown in their decision to ask him to be god father to their child. Postulating and preaching is the worse form of writing imo. KC became a seminal work. Sowed seeds and it still impacts the universe. So does the DK universe. It has naturally expanded itself. No one has to tell us WW is a nurturing mother and a badass . It's there. The stories never used their characters as mouthpieces because they could not effectively show what they wanted to say.

I think there are people who want to do smww but DC needs to block the effect because it might detract what they trying enforce. Soule could have easily continued his story in a mini series of another earth. Miller is probably the biggest name in comics in terms of his body of work. Despite what some people try to suggest he is washed up, the sales contradict them. Miller is the last of the iconic names who write and we are lucky he likes smww. Moore saw smww as natural pairing too. But then these writers see SMWW under a wider lens and challenged by time taking effect in their lives. Which is why I think DC has the problem because they want nothing to change in terms of how they tell their stories. They want Clark to wear three piece suits and fedoras and act like journalism has not changed and no one will question his MO etc in a changing world and he does not truly feel the effect of time nor those humans around him. I would encourage writers to take AU slant and be brave and modern and ask SM and WW the questions you would in today's world and you will see some great story telling. Especially with them be it as allies or lovers. They would have excellent things to examine as a pair and the concepts of heroism, truth and justice...because they are so similar yet so different. Diana represents real truth and a pure view of the world as you could get and if Clark Kent wanted to truly fight for social justice with the pen he would see how she thinks about a world that she is not bound by politics and hypocrisy and lies. Diana wants to help the world...the man closest to her mindset and whom she can truly trust not to abuse his power and has honor would be Superman. She would see how he thinks/works. They would work together in every aspect and would make for I think though provoking stories. Then there is the wider universe with the galaxy and different planets and empires. The amazon warrior/ ambassador princess juxtaposed against the reporter/ social crusader and hero . Boy there are stories to be told!
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-02-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Happy Sunday my friends!

The cake and toy photography and cosplay and wedding stuff continues to inspire and I see we have new stuff with the Selfie in t shirt form.

I see people wondering why they not doing anything new with SMWW and or SM and WW. Maybe shortsightedness or set in their ways or just seriously getting the wrong feedback because they look in the wrong places? eg social media or hoping movies will make a difference when they never have done?

To be honest I think they feel they are doing great stuff. Saying Superman is the center of the universe and Wonder Woman is the top heroine when they want some PR but in fact the body of work does not reflect that nor does their sales individually. When last did the center of the universe do anything remarkable to earn that title? Ome would faster say Batman or Flash is. And WW herself she's barely featured in anything world shattering to affect any great change and if she is included, it is just as window dressing. The best selling stuff with them have always been with them as a couple which is ironic from KC to DK to new 52.

Rebirth have been using characters to tell readers x or y is great. To try to force a mindset. That is not how you write. That is weak and lazy way to build something or get readers to invest. Good storytelling is letting a plot unfold and characters earn what they have. Readers will draw this conclusion by themselves if a story is powerful and impacting. There is a reason KC became so powerful body of work. No one had to tell us SM and WW cared for each other or seem a natural couple and challenge each other etc. It is there on the pages. It is in the dialogue and unfolding plot. No one had to tell us SM is better for having gone through the events of KC. We see in what he does for the world. No one had to tell us SM and WW love and trust BM. It is shown in their decision to ask him to be god father to their child. Postulating and preaching is the worse form of writing imo. KC became a seminal work. Sowed seeds and it still impacts the universe. So does the DK universe. It has naturally expanded itself. No one has to tell us WW is a nurturing mother and a badass . It's there. The stories never used their characters as mouthpieces because they could not effectively show what they wanted to say.

I think there are people who want to do smww but DC needs to block the effect because it might detract what they trying enforce. Soule could have easily continued his story in a mini series of another earth. Miller is probably the biggest name in comics in terms of his body of work. Despite what some people try to pretend he is washed up the sales contradict them. Miller is the last of the great names who write and we are lucky he likes smww. Moore saw smww as natural pairing too. But then these writers see SMWW under a wider lens and challenged by time taking effect in their lives. Which is why I think DC has the problem because they want nothing to change in terms of how they tell their stories. They want Clark to wear three piece suits and fedoras and act like journalism has not changed and no one will question his MO etc in a changing world and he does not truly feel the effect of time nor those humans around him. I would encourage writers to take AU slant and be brave and modern and ask SM and WW the questions you would in today's world and you will see some great story telling. Especially with them be it as allies or lovers. They would have excellent things to examine as a pair and the concepts of heroism, truth and justice...because they are so similar yet so different. Diana represents real truth and a pure view of the world as you could get and if Clark Kent wanted to truly fight for social justice with the pen he would see how she thinks about a world that she is not bound by politics and hypocrisy and lies. Diana wants to help the world...the man closest to her mindset and whom she can truly trust not to abuse his power and has honor would be Superman. She would see how he thinks/works. They would work together in every aspect and would make for I think though provoking stories. Then there is the wider universe with the galaxy and different planets and empires. The amazon warrior/ ambassador princess juxtaposed against the reporter/ social crusader and hero . Boy there are stories to be told!
    Happy Sunday, Hellacre. 🤗

I really hope that the people that are really interested in doing SM/WW will have their chance as soon as possible. The characters both individually and as a pair desperately need a new perspective and fresh blood to bring a modern sensibility to them.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-02-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Happy Sunday, Hellacre. ��

I really hope that the people that are really interested in doing SM/WW will have their chance as soon as possible. The characters both individually and as a pair desperately need a new perspective and fresh blood to bring a modern sensibility to them.
    Soule would have been the man. Looking back at his Volume One and Two. The guy was on the right track. Sadly he was pushed out for nostalgia or I dunno..."true fans"? I really don't know because the current sales seem to suggest the buyers are a fraction of the demo that buys comics.

Couples portrayed as SM/WW:

"MY Love 💕💑"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByCaxG7lHU0/

"Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oO8WbL

"Spyros & Sude 🎭 #survivor2019"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxj_ZIRgJe6/

"#superman #wonderwoman #couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEbqVmFimD/

"#family #superman #wonderwoman #children"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfRJMOBcHT/

"#superman #wonderwoman #couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEbqVmFimD/

I would love for this man to do a SMWW art duties one day!

Gardenio Lima continues with his gorgeous sample pages.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woma...oAAOSw0eZc8ZBs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woma....c100009.m1982

And of course beautiful one by Gil Sabas.

There is another by Gil but it is a little to risque for here. You can check out hellyeah tumblr for it.

Soule would have been the man. Looking back at his Volume One and Two. The guy was on the right track. Sadly he was pushed out for nostalgia or I dunno..."true fans"? I really don't know because the current sales seem to suggest the buyers are a fraction of the demo that buys comics.
    Who knows what really happened with Soule. 🤔 I'd like to hear some bts from the man himself. And get also an idea about his original long term plan of the SM/WW book.

Who knows what really happened with Soule. �� I'd like to hear some bts from the man himself. And get also an idea about his original long term plan of the SM/WW book.
    Soule was going to switch focus on Diana's world and that would have been awesome. Who knows the inevitable Clark and Hippolyta meeting might have been on the cards one day and Clark getting to know the God family better? I doubt if new 52 had continued they'd have ignored the Amazons and not allowed Diana her family and ability to fly back home like she used to preflashpoint for some R and R. It annoys me they like to take those things from her but every one else gets to have their friends and family and city or home etc.

Personalized SM/WW mugs:

"Super Lovers! Our customer's special request for Valentine's Day! ❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNbkD7p1Lw/

Can someone at DC Entertainment get yr god damn marketing research people to open their eyes???? It is mind blowing the squandered opportunities. Comics make some money...and Comic book movies make more.,..and merchandising is where the dollars roll in. Can WB business not see that smww is a brand that needs to be capitalized on??? How and why don't we have more smww stuff selling? It sells itself! People are creating what they cannot get all the time!

Can someone at DC Entertainment get yr god damn marketing research people to open their eyes???? It is mind blowing the squandered opportunities. Comics make some money...and Comic book movies make more.,..and merchandising is where the dollars roll in. Can WB business not see that smww is a brand that needs to be capitalized on??? How and why don't we have more smww stuff selling? It sells itself! People are creating what they cannot get all the time!

Yeah, WB/DC could make a lots of money from couples into super-heroes. Most of the SM/WW custom merch online is marketed to couples, which means that you have people who have to buy not one but two items. 😉

Personalized SM/WW mugs:

"Super Lovers! Our customer's special request for Valentine's Day! ❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNbkD7p1Lw/
    Hmmm good, Valentine's Day is this month here in Brazil!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Hmmm good, Valentine's Day is this month here in Brazil!
    That's explain why I kept seeing SM/WW Valentine's Day gifts being posted on IG during the past weeks. I was wondering why so soon like an idiot, lol. 😅