Page 258 of 410 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, WB/DC could make a lots of money from couples into super-heroes. Most of the SM/WW custom merch online is marketed to couples, which means that you have people who have to buy not one but two items. ��
    EXACTLY!!!!

I would say part of the SM merchandise that sells has to, in part, be thankful to Wonder Woman and vice versa. Two tees, two caps, two towels, two mugs, two rings, two chains, two keyrings, and the list goes on and on. And then we have the duo merch where they are sold together or packaged together.

Yet we are at a time smww don't get to speak to each other on the big screen in two movies...them flopping was probably Karma...and comics whereby WW is treated like she is a stranger to Superman than close to him.... or a mouthpiece to pander to his status quo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW kiss statue pics shared by Brad:

"I'd like to commemorate Wonder Woman Wednesday with this wedding Anniversary gift I got for both my wife @wonder_woman_beauty and I. Its based on @jimlee art by @dccollectibles during the New 52 era."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByDLl-vBIgN/

That's explain why I kept seeing SM/WW Valentine's Day gifts being posted on IG during the past weeks. I was wondering why so soon like an idiot, lol. ��
    This is great stuff. SMWW gets to sell TWICE a year for Valentines Days!!!! And we don't know if other parts of the world celebrate at other times too. I know mother's and father's day are also different days around the world...DC too darn blinkered.

"I'd like to commemorate Wonder Woman Wednesday with this wedding Anniversary gift I got for both my wife @wonder_woman_beauty and I. Its based on @jimlee art by @dccollectibles during the New 52 era."

Beautiful. Again why is there not another smww collectible???? This statue and the mini holiday sold out! They are given as gifts and used as Cake toppers etc.

These are common sense decisions! Yet we have nothing. smh

More SM/WW toys photography:

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByJl2X7AHO0/

"Wonder Woman being held up by Superman"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...p_by_superman/

"Discussions on just some DC stuffs... #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGD74OD0Ni/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Oh my... God bless this child!!!

"So nice is the drawing for the room of little Eros."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByLfIVoi...on_share_sheet
    AWE!!!!!! The baby’s name is Eros!!! That is just precious! I love this! It’s all about representation. More and more we have this beautiful, heartwarming, and positive representation with such deep meaning. This is what always matters the most.

Love this painting. Superman and Wonder Woman as the guardian angels of the artist's newborn son. 😎
    Superman and Wonder Woman the guardians of “Love”🤗

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!

I would say part of the SM merchandise that sells has to, in part, be thankful to Wonder Woman and vice versa. Two tees, two caps, two towels, two mugs, two rings, two chains, two keyrings, and the list goes on and on. And then we have the duo merch where they are sold together or packaged together.

Yet we are at a time smww don't get to speak to each other on the big screen in two movies...them flopping was probably Karma...and comics whereby WW is treated like she is a stranger to Superman than close to him.... or a mouthpiece to pander to his status quo.
    In 2017, WW was one of the characters that sold more merch thanks to exposition and popularity she got from her movie. Imagine what a SM/WW movie could do... having both SM and WW merch selling like gangbusters. The potential is right here.

This is great stuff. SMWW gets to sell TWICE a year for Valentines Days!!!! And we don't know if other parts of the world celebrate at other times too. I know mother's and father's day are also different days around the world...DC too darn blinkered.
    Couples seem to be the bigger SM/WW customers everywhere.

Ahhhhand here we have the family tree of Articus Kent, even being incomplete is extremely powerful (although I disagree somewhat with the version used for Hippolyta and Zeus ... I preferred the new version 52)

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByN6cYAI...on_share_sheet
    Yeah would definitely rather have new52 Hippolyta and Zeus but wow that family tree! The would be one epic family gathering LOL

SM/WW decorated spoons:

"A different bouquet for Valentine's Day. Decorated spoon of this cuter couple."

https://www.instagram.com/erica.biscuit/

No matter how many times I see this image I cannot help but be stunned by its sheer beauty.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Happy Sunday my friends!

The cake and toy photography and cosplay and wedding stuff continues to inspire and I see we have new stuff with the Selfie in t shirt form.

I see people wondering why they not doing anything new with SMWW and or SM and WW. Maybe shortsightedness or set in their ways or just seriously getting the wrong feedback because they look in the wrong places? eg social media or hoping movies will make a difference when they never have done?

To be honest I think they feel they are doing great stuff. Saying Superman is the center of the universe and Wonder Woman is the top heroine when they want some PR but in fact the body of work does not reflect that nor does their sales individually. When last did the center of the universe do anything remarkable to earn that title? Die? One would faster say Batman or Flash is seeing they have events around them a lot. And WW herself she's barely featured in anything world shattering to affect any great change and if she is included, it is just as window dressing. The best selling stuff with them have always been with them as a couple which is ironic from KC to DK to new 52.

Rebirth have been using characters to tell readers x or y is great. To try to enforce opinion. That is not how you write. That is a weak way to build something or get readers to invest. Good storytelling is letting a plot unfold and characters earn what they have. Readers will draw this conclusion by themselves if a story is powerful and impacting. There is a reason KC became so powerful body of work. No one had to tell us SM and WW cared for each other or seem a natural couple and challenge each other etc. It is there on the pages. It is in the dialogue and unfolding plot. No one had to tell us SM is better for having gone through the events of KC. We see in what he does for the world. No one had to tell us SM and WW love and trust BM. It is shown in their decision to ask him to be god father to their child. Postulating and preaching is the worse form of writing imo. KC became a seminal work. Sowed seeds and it still impacts the universe. So does the DK universe. It has naturally expanded itself. No one has to tell us WW is a nurturing mother and a badass . It's there. The stories never used their characters as mouthpieces because they could not effectively show what they wanted to say.

I think there are people who want to do smww but DC needs to block the effect because it might detract what they trying enforce. Soule could have easily continued his story in a mini series of another earth. Miller is probably the biggest name in comics in terms of his body of work. Despite what some people try to suggest he is washed up, the sales contradict them. Miller is the last of the iconic names who write and we are lucky he likes smww. Moore saw smww as natural pairing too. But then these writers see SMWW under a wider lens and challenged by time taking effect in their lives. Which is why I think DC has the problem because they want nothing to change in terms of how they tell their stories. They want Clark to wear three piece suits and fedoras and act like journalism has not changed and no one will question his MO etc in a changing world and he does not truly feel the effect of time nor those humans around him. I would encourage writers to take AU slant and be brave and modern and ask SM and WW the questions you would in today's world and you will see some great story telling. Especially with them be it as allies or lovers. They would have excellent things to examine as a pair and the concepts of heroism, truth and justice...because they are so similar yet so different. Diana represents real truth and a pure view of the world as you could get and if Clark Kent wanted to truly fight for social justice with the pen he would see how she thinks about a world that she is not bound by politics and hypocrisy and lies. Diana wants to help the world...the man closest to her mindset and whom she can truly trust not to abuse his power and has honor would be Superman. She would see how he thinks/works. They would work together in every aspect and would make for I think though provoking stories. Then there is the wider universe with the galaxy and different planets and empires. The amazon warrior/ ambassador princess juxtaposed against the reporter/ social crusader and hero . Boy there are stories to be told!
    Great points, Hellacre!

There’s a lot of stuff told and readers are suppose to follow because it said so. But when looking deeper, as I said the stuff that’s being put forth so forcefully, this cherry picking mindset, bias narrow minded view, it can be said thousands of times over, but that doesn’t make it true, the gospel, resonate nor relatable. And this is what DC has relied on with Superman and Wonder Woman and why it’s continued to be so counterproductive.

This pair endures because despite the superficial, contrived narratives pushed against them, their actual story, history, purpose and meaning together is genuinely shown and highlighted throughout the years. It stands out and truly felt . They go beyond comics in such a natural way. This in turn is earned to be recognized as true universal representation.

I really hope that the people that are really interested in doing SM/WW will have their chance as soon as possible. The characters both individually and as a pair desperately need a new perspective and fresh blood to bring a modern sensibility to them.
    In the world of today, we need stories like this. As I said, there’s already an exhibition for it, but we need the actual modern stories that can and will truly represent it.

Soule would have been the man. Looking back at his Volume One and Two. The guy was on the right track. Sadly he was pushed out for nostalgia or I dunno..."true fans"? I really don't know because the current sales seem to suggest the buyers are a fraction of the demo that buys comics.
    Being an immigration lawyer, Soule knew exactly how to see certain perspectives and I believe that’s exactly what he was building to.

If this exact topic was presented to him whether they are a couple or best friends, whatever, but that challenge to test each other on various levels would’ve been done right by him.

Cute SM/WW art by Matheus Santos, Mike Legan and Louis James Cardoza:

"A work for a friend #draw #superman #wonderwoman #couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5rCkeh0la/

"Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwlydBZgnSt/

"Wonder Woman and Supermen. Done in clip studio paint."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxx6SeZliXv/

I would love for this man to do a SMWW art duties one day!

Gardenio Lima continues with his gorgeous sample pages.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woma...oAAOSw0eZc8ZBs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woma....c100009.m1982

And of course beautiful one by Gil Sabas.

There is another by Gil but it is a little to risque for here. You can check out hellyeah tumblr for it.
    WOW!!!! Lima’s art!!! Seriously it’s just breathtakingly beautiful. Kal and Diana look so amazing! I would love for him to draw an actual story. These being just sample pages is unbelievable!

It’s simple really. The ideas of a Superman and Wonder Woman story that challenges them and they challenge each other with art beautiful stand out art like this.

Gils sensual art!! 😍 Love It every time!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    WOW!!!! Lima’s art!!! Seriously it’s just breathtakingly beautiful. Kal and Diana look so amazing! I would love for him to draw an actual story. These being just sample pages is unbelievable!

It’s simple really. The ideas of a Superman and Wonder Woman story that challenges them and they challenge each other with art beautiful stand out art like this.
    These 4 new panels he released are a follow-up to those of a few months ago or not? It seems he's telling a story... just without words. 😝

Who knows what really happened with Soule. 🤔 I'd like to hear some bts from the man himself. And get also an idea about his original long term plan of the SM/WW book.
    Soule was going to switch focus on Diana's world and that would have been awesome. Who knows the inevitable Clark and Hippolyta meeting might have been on the cards one day and Clark getting to know the God family better? I doubt if new 52 had continued they'd have ignored the Amazons and not allowed Diana her family and ability to fly back home like she used to preflashpoint for some R and R. It annoys me they like to take those things from her but every one else gets to have their friends and family and city or home etc.
    We also would’ve gotten more of Hessia’s background. I would’ve love to have more of her perspective of not only Diana, but of Kal too and their relationship. Kal said he understood why she did what she did with releasing their photo to Cat, but we never got them to talk about it face to face.

So many intriguing threads were left dangling. It’s wishful thinking, but if Soule could come back and finish his story in some way. It won’t be exact but the ideas can still be touched upon.

Can someone at DC Entertainment get yr god damn marketing research people to open their eyes???? It is mind blowing the squandered opportunities. Comics make some money...and Comic book movies make more.,..and merchandising is where the dollars roll in. Can WB business not see that smww is a brand that needs to be capitalized on??? How and why don't we have more smww stuff selling? It sells itself! People are creating what they cannot get all the time!

Yeah, WB/DC could make a lots of money from couples into super-heroes. Most of the SM/WW custom merch online is marketed to couples, which means that you have people who have to buy not one but two items. 😉
    It’s really not that difficult. DC wants to expand and their answer or part of it is right there directly.

Hmmm good, Valentine's Day is this month here in Brazil!
    That's explain why I kept seeing SM/WW Valentine's Day gifts being posted on IG during the past weeks. I was wondering why so soon like an idiot, lol. 😅
    OHHHH!!!!! Can’t wait to see all the Valentines posts!! This shows yet again how universal SMWW is. It’s a year round celebration and representation on various of special occasions!