Page 27 of 410 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    After the release of the WW movie, there were a lot of articles about WW being one of the characters who sold more merch during 2017 and also the best-selling Halloween costume that year, the same thing happened with Harley Quinn in 2016. Maybe they need a movie or something first, to pay attention to the merch popularity and other phenomena. 🤔
    Well... LOL 😅 we had plenty of opportunities for a movie but it was missed. 10 steps forward...100 steps back. Smh
    But again, all we have to go by is merch constantly popping up and constantly selling out. If we can see that..,wouldn’t it be even more so seen by the company?

I'll choose well. 🤭
    Oh I trust you will! 😉

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another sample page by Gardenio Lima:

"#wonderwoman #superman #domsday"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgzEBeBBTE/

Drawing by Bryan Esteban Andrés:

"#wonderwoman #superman #sketch #doodle #tattoo #illustration #cute"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHUqc-nlo6/

Art at auction by Joe Lima - Ed Benes Studio:

"Princess Diana, Clark Kent"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgzEBeBBTE/
    Double page of awesomeness! Love it! So beautiful!!

Drawing by Bryan Esteban Andrés:

"#wonderwoman #superman #sketch #doodle #tattoo #illustration #cute"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHUqc-nlo6/
    How adorable!

Art at auction by Joe Lima - Ed Benes Studio:

"Princess Diana, Clark Kent"

Another Benes associate! Can we please have a Ed Benes studio Superman/Wonder Woman artbook?!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Well... LOL 😅 we had plenty of opportunities for a movie but it was missed. 10 steps forward...100 steps back. Smh
    But again, all we have to go by is merch constantly popping up and constantly selling out. If we can see that..,wouldn’t it be even more so seen by the company?
    I think that if there was a movie or anything that features SM/WW, bloggers would start to publish countless of articles about SM/WW themed weddings, merch, etc. and how popular they were in the year when that movie or whatever came out, bringing attention to the various phenomena related to the couple.

Double page of awesomeness! Love it! So beautiful!!
    Wasn't there supposed to be a romantic moment in the new pages? 🤔

Another Benes associate! Can we please have a Ed Benes studio Superman/Wonder Woman artbook?!
    Keep asking for it. 😝
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.

I think that if there was a movie or anything that features SM/WW, bloggers would start to publish countless of articles about SM/WW themed weddings, merch, etc. and how popular they were in the year when that movie or whatever came out, bringing attention to the various phenomena related to the couple.
    Absolutely agree! There are a couple of articles but they aren’t spotlighted as they should. I think the only one that got the most attention was from buzzfeed in 2014 I believe.

The material is right there!

Wasn't there supposed to be a romantic moment in the new pages? 🤔
    🤔 possibly why this is a double page. For battle then ending the battle with whatever romantic like idea he has

Keep asking for it. 😝
    Of course I will!!!

Couples portraits:

"Now I know that only love can truly save the world."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsdUn4JheBE/

"#painting #wonderwoman #superman #montage"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BseaqTTA7Jf/

"#superman #wonderwoman #artlovers"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsVO24GgnUa/

MY GOD! This man's work is perfect for a smww power couple comic!!!!!!!!!! I love how he captures them, his action sequences and backgrounds are stunning.

Can Brazil just take over smww please? Gardenio, the Chico Bento book, Jack Herbert, Ed Benes studio, cosplay, arts, tons of pics, carnival...so many things pro smww come out of Brazil these days. Rafael Grampa who is working on Golden Child is Brazilian too.

Couples portraits:

"Now I know that only love can truly save the world."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsdUn4JheBE/
    Every post proves what we talk about regarding the general audience. Real life couples truly resonating with SMWW

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    MY GOD! This man's work is perfect for a smww power couple comic!!!!!!!!!! I love how he captures them, his action sequences and backgrounds are stunning.

Can Brazil just take over smww please? Gardenio, the Chico Bento book, Jack Herbert, Ed Benes studio, cosplay, arts, tons of pics, carnival...so many things pro smww come out of Brazil these days. Rafael Grampa who is working on Golden Child is Brazilian too.
    RIGHT!!!! I want a book with this high quality art!! With this dedication to capture Kal and Diana, the beauty of them from the quiet moments to the action. It’s so amazing!

😭 I can’t wait for Golden Child!!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-11-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Every post proves what we talk about regarding the general audience. Real life couples truly resonating with SMWW

In comics , like real life, SMWW prove that age is not a factor when they love. They love/loved each other in their youth and prime but even when they grew old and graying together, depowered, suffering set backs, loss etc as in KC and many other stories with no cheating and time jumps. SMWW are very human because they live life with its ups and downs.

In comics , like real life, SMWW prove that age is not a factor when they love. They love/loved each other in their youth and prime but even when they grew old and graying together, depowered, suffering set backs, loss etc as in KC and many other stories with no cheating and time jumps. SMWW are very human because they live life with its ups and downs.
    SMWW isn’t rooted in this fairytale like romance. The romance is rooted in realism...modern realism. As real as it can be in terms of fiction of course. We see them go through the development and they answer the question of why are they together. What makes their dynamic what it is and important. Lots of romances don’t dive deep like SMWW has. It’s superficial and relies on what’s suppsedly “tradition”.

This is what I’m saying. I’m not understanding why there isn’t a marketing person looking into these things. SMWW has year round trends we have posted here and this as Hellacre would say is just the tip of the iceberg...
    Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time those in charge of a company refused to push something fans want in order to keep pushing something those in charge of the company think we should want instead.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time those in charge of a company refused to push something fans want in order to keep pushing something those in charge of the company think we should want instead.
    It’s playing safe for sure. But if said product/idea has already proven to be a success and can move further forward, reach and connect to a wider audience/market, why stop it from reaching its full potential? Why backpedal and end up stagnant? That’s obviously not helping at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It is a blinkered way of thinking. Marvel offers its fans options. Look at the Ultimate line, the AU, the success of Spiderverse animated, Logan, Venom...different tones, verses etc. Marvel is willing to take risk and offer a broader group something. And its not as if the new 52 was not a success. Didio and Lee admitted it sold well. But for some confounding reason DC not only back tracked but destroyed and swallowed its multiverse to prop one that is a mere 2 years old , that is a mass of contradictions and confusing history and that isn't even the sales Juggernaut they had hoped it would be despite all the concessions and incentives. They still banking on Batman, events, and variants end of the day. Old "core conceits: remain old .

DC needs to take risk and the risk is not even real risk because what they would be taking would have been done in their source material that did sell and worked. SMWW worked. I don't even care new 52 is not canon. Fact I wish it was its own thing and could just be allowed to remain and flourish without interference like many of their other digital firsts that don't even sell over 30 k. But nope. DC attitude is ...you must swallow this because ...tradition. They don't even care the timeline is a mess. In a way I am glad OUR new 52 Clark and Diana are not part of this .

It is a blinkered way of thinking. Marvel offers its fans options. Look at the Ultimate line, the AU, the success of Spiderverse animated, Logan, Venom...different tones, verses etc. Marvel is willing to take risk and offer a broader group something. And its not as if the new 52 was not a success. Didio and Lee admitted it sold well. But for some confounding reason DC not only back tracked but destroyed and swallowed its multiverse to prop one that is a mere 2 years old , that is a mass of contradictions and confusing history and that isn't even the sales Juggernaut they had hoped it would be despite all the concessions and incentives. They still banking on Batman, events, and variants end of the day. Old "core conceits: remain old .

DC needs to take risk and the risk is not even real risk because what they would be taking would have been done in their source material that did sell and worked. SMWW worked. I don't even care new 52 is not canon. Fact I wish it was its own thing and could just be allowed to remain and flourish without interference like many of their other digital firsts that don't even sell over 30 k. But nope. DC attitude is ...you must swallow this because ...tradition. They don't even care the timeline is a mess. In a way I am glad OUR new 52 Clark and Diana are not part of this .
    Facts.
    The source material right there, easy to adapt. SMWW worked within comics and still is outside of comics. It doesn’t make sense not to capitalize on this as it should’ve been but would push things that can’t grasp much of an audience first issue?
    Superman and Wonder Woman isn’t about staying stagnant, isn’t staying locked in old traditional ways. New52 had the opportunity to move in modern times. It wasn’t perfect but could’ve worked all of that out in time. Creative teams and such need to not back away from challenges.

It’s something that backtracking made more of a mess. Cherry picking, cut, copy, paste type thing. We want solid step by step development. Not half stepping, not jumping so far ahead losing depth. If AU or digital first gives that fully deep development, let’s the creative team truly flourish, let’s the story(ies) flow as they may with less restrictions etc...so be it and would definitely take that.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-11-2019 at 08:23 PM.