Page 289 of 410 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Unlikely crossover - Superman & Wonder Woman vs. Darth Vader:

"WE GOT HIM!! Apparently this guy has been terrorizing the galaxy... so we decided to put an end to his nonsense. And you wouldn’t believe the truths that came out once Diana lassoed him. It’s like he couldn’t stop 😉"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqE2rNgUxs/

"It's not over yet..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BztrAhehOq-/

"#Superman #WonderWoman #DarthVader"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzrSy-3hfsx/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another song to add to the SM/WW playlist. 😎 Thanks from bringing it here.

One day, we should list all the known songs that use SM/WW to represent a couple. 😅
    I like that everything about SMWW even with music is unexpected and unique. So relevant to the times and so much realness. Even Jay-Z “Kingdom Cone” album is inspired by Kingdom Come graphic novel and I believe one of the songs featuring Beyonce is somewhat connected to Kal and Diana’s relationship within the story too. Seriously to have this vibe of music with an SMWW movie would be extra hyped! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Mine too or the same reason you gave. It fell apart when they had Clark chicken out. Yet the bond they built was so beautiful to me so if this writer can recapture that while fixing by actually building up the romance, I'll be one happy camper.

Discount version?? 🤣🤣🤣
    Oh dear.
    I feel it was a huge wasted opportunity back then. All that build up for nothing. I don't know who had the idea and if it was an editorial decision don't going further with it. Still a questionable choice. 🤔
    🤭
    It seems that’s the go to thing to bait and switch with SMWW, Clark chickens out then again with the weird, obviously forced bias revisionist history and false narratives.

By the way... does anyone know where this is from?

This is just a small post that shows a VLOG of a couple youtubers who stayed in a hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil ... well, the hotel provided Superman and Wonder Woman sleeping masks!

the link of the video https://youtu.be/QrfB38OuK6g

Sadly, if one is a SM/WW fan, should get used to it. 😥
    Well one thing about SMWW fans is that we are resilient because as LoveStar stated this is a bait and switch game that has been going on for a long time with SMWW.

They know the magnitude and impact of Superman and Wonder Woman but they aren't ready to sustain long term with quality writing is the conclusion I draw.

It's a face with hand over mouth emoji.
    Gotcha. Yeah my iPad is a few years old so I guess it isn't 'jazzy' enough for the newer emojis. Makes me wonder what else I don't see unless I go on my laptop...🤔

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

It seems that’s the go to thing to bait and switch with SMWW, Clark chickens out then again with the weird, obviously forced bias revisionist history and false narratives.
    Yep. It is weird. The most natural progression is always pushed to the side in order to force contrived pretentious ones for status quo reasons. 🤷🏾*♀️

Seen it before. Also want to know the comic. I feel it may have been mentioned before but I do not recall. Nevertheless, Superman is being made a ninny here it seems, because his subconscious appears to be aware of what's up but he hasn't actualized it yet.

Fandomaniax: Wonder Woman X Superman Shirts Bundle

Description:

If you and your special someone are to wear this Wonder Woman x Superman bundle, you’ll be DC’s most enviable power couple. A combination of two of the best specimen is such a delight to see. Not to mention a new age ‘partners in crime’ kind of relationship where you both could match each other’s strength. That’s means a lot of exciting adventures between you two.

A class- A superhero pairing deserves a class-A quality top that’ll give you the utmost comfort that you need. Eventually, when Kal El and Diana has to go on dates, they’ll have to hang the suits and change into something more comfy. That’s what these tees are for!

Experience a love that will literally sweep you off your feet!

https://www.fandomaniax-official.com...uperman-bundle

I like that everything about SMWW even with music is unexpected and unique. So relevant to the times and so much realness. Even Jay-Z “Kingdom Come” album is inspired by Kingdom Come graphic novel and I believe one of the songs featuring Beyonce is somewhat connected to Kal and Diana’s relationship within the story too. Seriously to have this vibe of music with an SMWW movie would be extra hyped! 😎
    I heard that too. It was Mark Waid himself talking about the inspiration, I think.

Classic Superman was different, you can find old panels where he said the opposite about his sense of self and being more comfortable among super-powered gods.

It's one or two issues before AC #600, I don't recall the exact one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    This is just a small post that shows a VLOG of a couple youtubers who stayed in a hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil ... well, the hotel provided Superman and Wonder Woman sleeping masks!

Nice find. SM/WW are everywhere when you least expect them. 😎

Well one thing about SMWW fans is that we are resilient because as LoveStar stated this is a bait and switch game that has been going on for a long time with SMWW.

They know the magnitude and impact of Superman and Wonder Woman but they aren't ready to sustain long term with quality writing is the conclusion I draw.
    Looking at the history of SM/WW, it seems they make a step forward every decade with long breaks in between. The lack of linearity/consistency is really frustrating.

Gotcha. Yeah my iPad is a few years old so I guess it isn't 'jazzy' enough for the newer emojis. Makes me wonder what else I don't see unless I go on my laptop...🤔
    As long as you can see the pics and texts, you are fine. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

This is awesome!

I believe this too. It takes a writer who understands BOTH, and can connect with the “outsider” aspect of them. Writers would rather make the “outsider” aspect seem as a burden and too hard. Wonder Woman is suppose to challenge Superman yet even that is deemed wrong 🙄

As Last Son, pointed out earlier, SMWW is too much ahead of its time.

Yep. It is weird. The most natural progression is always pushed to the side in order to force contrived pretentious ones for status quo reasons.
    It’s quite honestly counterproductive. They want these characters to attract new interests/audiences but go against it

Seen it before. Also want to know the comic. I feel it may have been mentioned before but I do not recall. Nevertheless, Superman is being made a ninny here it seems, because his subconscious appears to be aware of what's up but he hasn't actualized it yet.
    LOL @ “ninny”
    That’s exactly what Clark acts like! Diana is “the one that got away”. He is written to feel unworthy and totally lost why??

SM/WW as symbols of people's relationships...

"Because being a boy's mother is to be Wonder Woman and entering the superhero fights. 🥰 Me and Him... Wonder Woman and Superman. 😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzoWswYFXtI/

"8 year gift given to me by my lovely lady."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzDDQGJFn--/

"What's the use of being a cutesy couple if you can't show off your geeky side? I mean, how cute are these?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1QjdZjRAv/

Found it! It's from Action Comics #598

Got the info from this site...https://m.readdc.com/Action-Comics-1...T0003305985001
    Last edited by LadyP; 07-13-2019 at 08:34 AM.

I heard that too. It was Mark Waid himself talking about the inspiration, I think.
    Such a missed opportunity! That would be such an amazing collab! Really changing the game yet again

Classic Superman was different, you can find old panels where he said the opposite about his sense of self and being more comfortable among super-powered gods.
    I don’t really understand this drastic change with Superman. He is still a humbled man, yet suppose to embrace his otherness. Not act like a entitled God or anything but surely not this what we have now with this sad resentfulness of who he really is.

It's one or two issues before AC #600, I don't recall the exact one.
    So a definite bait a switch... what a mess and waste

Looking at the history of SM/WW, it seems they make a step forward every decade with long breaks in between. The lack of linearity/consistency is really frustrating.
    It’s unnecessary. Especially when SMWW has proven to have such valued potential. A concept that can reach diverse audiences that they want.. so what’s the problem

Found it! It's from Action Comics #598

Got the info from this site...https://m.readdc.com/Action-Comics-1...T0003305985001
    2 issues before... LOL wow....
    I never knew this but now knowing it, definitely makes it frustrating. These contradicting narratives makes no sense and have never been necessary. It seems some bias choices have done more harm than good in long term (individual characters and dynamics). Why is it so hard to have just let this be? so many stories, years of possibilities wasted because of this. What was the point of setting these limitations, narrow minded views when Superman (Wonder Woman) have ended up in such a stagnant state even present day?
    Last edited by LoveStar; 07-13-2019 at 09:05 AM.

I don’t really understand this drastic change with Superman. He is still a humbled man, yet suppose to embrace his otherness. Not act like a entitled God or anything but surely not this what we have now with this sad resentfulness of who he really is.
    I guess the shift in personality happened because Clark was considered the underdog and his Superman/Kal-El ended up severely downplayed over time because of that. 🤔

It’s unnecessary. Especially when SMWW has proven to have such valued potential. A concept that can reach diverse audiences that they want.. so what’s the problem
    I hope the people in charge at WB/DC will realize that, one day.

Superwonder Fam Expecting🤗

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzzELeol2Fs/

Such a missed opportunity! That would be such an amazing collab! Really changing the game yet again

So a definite bait a switch... what a mess and waste

2 issues before... LOL wow....
    I never knew this but now knowing it, definitely makes it frustrating. These contradicting narratives makes no sense and have never been necessary. It seems some bias choices have done more harm than good in long term (individual characters and dynamics). Why is it so hard to have just let this be? so many stories, years of possibilities wasted because of this. What was the point of setting these limitations, narrow minded views when Superman (Wonder Woman) have ended up in such a stagnant state even present day?
    It is exasperating to think of for sure. When you think about the build up back then only to scatter it. Especially for uncompelling, questionable narratives it makes one wonder at the shortsightedness. Like you said, Superman and Wonder Woman are no where close to being where one would expect two iconic characters as them to be in this day and age. I don't get it. Can't wrap my head around it. What would it take for those in charge to get a clue? Leadership change? Editorial change? New writers? Mindset change?

Looking back and seeing what could have been and then seeing what currently is, the disappointment can feel a bit acrid in taste. Here's to hoping for positive change.

In the meantime anyone pre-ordered their copy of the Superman and Wonder Woman guidebook? I'll be doing so on Prime Day 😁.

I guess the shift in personality happened because Clark was considered the underdog and his Superman/Kal-El ended up severely downplayed over time because of that. 🤔
    I put it down to shortsightedness plain and simple. It is possible to highlight each aspects of those identities of his without downplaying any each one. Thereby showing the distinction and realistically the tension that could arise at times with embracing these identities, but it could also have been thoughtfully reconciled in a way that is meaningful. Which is why I really liked when Diana called him Kal and that at times she would interchange between Clark and Kal. It was also significant that then J'onn called him Kal-El because their interactions was much more formal. Bruce on the other hand called him Clark, another important distinction.

Identity is an important thing. How we view ourselves oftentimes shapes how we interpret and respond to the world around us. As we have seen, by having Superman acknowledge Clark more than he acknowledged Kal-El, or further still deny Kal-El, it narrowed him, hindered him and has all but stagnated him. Say what they will, it cannot be denied that Diana has consistently been a character that has pushed the others to step up, to be their best selves. It is something she did once a upon a time when she and Clark used to be bestfriends and is something she did when they were romantically involved. It is telling that the woman who acknowledges all that he is, and sees him for him, in his truest self and encourages him to reconcile his selves is also the one who has constantly acted as not just a moral compass, but his conscience, propelling him to action when he is conflicted.

Downplaying one identity in order to deny or reject the other, doesn't work and should never be a conflict of Superman's as far as I am concerned, at least not as a grown man who has had experiences far beyond Smallville and Metropolis. That kind of limiting mindset should be reserved for those living in far off isolated towns where they have little to no contact with anyone else who is different from them. 🙄

Honestly, one can only hope. Maybe what they need to do is an audience message testing to get a sense of what the general audience want to see/responds to. That isn't evident in the subset of people who make noise on certain Social Media sites. They could survey the general population through surveys and polls, targeting diverse groups on various platforms. Maybe something like this will help TPTB to get a better sense of how to reach a larger more diverse audience. I'm not sure how they normally come about their decisions to take certain directions, and while yes, you can never satisfy everybody, at least you have a better chance of not losing more people than you're reaching I would think. 🤷🏾*♀️

LOL! “Clark Kent” still is the underdog and even more so. Having him pretend to be some self righteous, simpleton farmboy ain’t it! He isn’t that. He is an alien from another world with extraordinary powers, pretending do be ordinary. If Superman is suppose to have this ultimate immigrant story, pretending, hiding, sulking and acting resentful because of who he is and his purpose doesn’t make sense. This is what Wonder Woman challenges and pushes for Superman not to be this self entitled, above the world God, he is still humbled, still a good man, but embrace completely to who he is and live in HONESTY. Can’t be about “Truth” settling and living in a comfort of “Lies”.

The “Clark Kent is who I am” thing has done more harm than good as we clearly see present day, with Superman struggling for relevance and the only story DC thinks can make people care is his (contrived) death.

Hope so too because they honestly need to

It is exasperating to think of for sure. When you think about the build up back then only to scatter it. Especially for uncompelling, questionable narratives it makes one wonder at the shortsightedness. Like you said, Superman and Wonder Woman are no where close to being where one would expect two iconic characters as them to be in this day and age. I don't get it. Can't wrap my head around it. What would it take for those in charge to get a clue? Leadership change? Editorial change? New writers? Mindset change?

Looking back and seeing what could have been and then seeing what currently is, the disappointment can feel a bit acrid in taste. Here's to hoping for positive change.

In the meantime anyone pre-ordered their copy of the Superman and Wonder Woman guidebook? I'll be doing so on Prime Day 😁.
    Other companies use DC’s concepts and rip off characters better than DC use their originals. Astro City and Jupiter Legacy are about to have live action shows and DC could’ve had KC as a live action mini series or with DCEU, put forth the SMWW dynamic, the audiences obviously was aware of and had an interest in (still do).

There is obvious awareness of SMWW when there is this joint Guidebook and still joint merch. Need to really let go of this counterproductive mindset. It’s not helping at all from the directionless output we are seeing