Page 294 of 349 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5226
  1. #4396
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Photo-edit of SM/WW going inside the Apokoliptian nest from JL + 2 pics of the same cosplayers at Florida Supercon 2019:

    "ℙ𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqowSrDKtD/

    "The ultimate power couple."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_CfrTjmK_/

    "Superman and Wonder Woman keeping a close eye on everyone at #SuperCon."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzoCp_gDp9z/

  2. #4397
    Fantastic Member LadyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If most of their fans were against it, who the hell were the thousands of people that bought their joint book? 😜
    LOL. Exactly. People stay trying to play SMWW and their fans. The propensity for hyperbole and misrepresentation is very great in the anti rhetoric.
    But like the great madam Maya Angelou once stated Still [we] rise. ::flips hair::

  3. #4398
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    “IT IS OUR SACRED DUTY TO DEFEND THE WORLD....”
    .
    .
    .
    HAPPY FRIDAY, FINALLY!!!! 🥰"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzzOx7ih..._web_copy_link

    “We’ve been waiting ALL DAY for this!” 📸🐶 I guess I was the hero today!"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz4OusSA..._web_copy_link

    "One more day begins for Super Mik to save the World of Pets! 🌏🐾 bored, tired of the sameness, of just staying at home ?! (I.e.
    .
    .
    .
    your problems are over! You have to follow the adventures of Super Mik that Monday is the same dog 😂 and for the rest of the week she works as Mik Kent 🤓, @ guiapetfriendlydecrisberger's pet journal to make the World of Pets more fun! 🥳🎉.
    .
    .
    and of course I have my helpers tops, Wonder Woman and Clark 🤭 ♥ ️.
    .
    .
    Mik uses SUPER fashion uniform made by Aunt Thelma from @tmg_fashiondog 👔👓"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz-eh4Hp..._web_copy_link

  4. #4399
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.”
    ― R.J. Palacio, Wonder

    Wonder Moms... our first and most important super heroines

    "It's not about what you deserve,
    it's about what you believe."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BztBVkMJ..._web_copy_link



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5GWUoA..._web_copy_link



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz56_DGI..._web_copy_link
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Love these Wonder Moms with Superbaby pics. Dads should be behind the camera taking the pictures, body-painted as Superman. 😅
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I love these so much! Ugh Wonder Mamas with their SuperWondee babies on the way. My heart. 💖
    So heart warming!! 😍😍🤗 Seeing so many WonderMom’s doing this body painting maternity photoshoots means so much emphasizing on the depth of Wonder Woman as the Mother of Superheroes and Superman, the Father, with a new generation of precious little heroes!

    Last son: we need Dad with the body paint actually in the pics too 🤗

  5. #4400
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    LOL. Exactly. People stay trying to play SMWW and their fans. The propensity for hyperbole and misrepresentation is very great in the anti rhetoric.
    I keep reading of series/concept being called "popular" (even on site like Newsarama) despite sales under 20k say otherwise. 🤔 I guess "popular" is synonymous of playing so safe to the point of being completely forgettable or it wouldn't explain how SM/WW is considered the way it is despite its impact.

    But like the great madam Maya Angelou once stated Still [we] rise. ::flips hair::
    Very apt. 😉

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Last son: we need Dad with the body paint actually in the pics too 🤗
    Yeah, and a family friend body-painting as Batman could take the pictures instead. 😂

  6. #4401
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I keep reading of series/concept being called "popular" (even on site like Newsarama) despite sales under 20k say otherwise. �� I guess "popular" is synonymous of playing so safe to the point of being completely forgettable or it wouldn't explain how SM/WW is considered the way it is despite its impact.
    Well the series may be popular with writers / artists' relatives and publishers who publish it but certainly do not reach the larger audience ... it's just popular in the microcosm that is its target ... and even this argument gives us strength to ask about SMWW? Certainly our "microcosm" is greater than many who are here.

  7. #4402
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    DCEU SM/WW toys set pics:

    "#superman #wonderwoman"







    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3cbuIA-rf/

  8. #4403
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW art commissioned to professional artists...

    Drawing by José Luís:

    "I'm a Wonder Woman and also an Ultimate Power Couple fan. I loved this @joseluisarts drawing! It recalls their meeting during the time that George Pérez made one of the best Dianas ☺️."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0BNTdynpwu/

    Art by Dario Viotti:

    "Commission..."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/By60zQeCYnk/

    Drawing by Marcio Abreu:

    "#supermanwonderwomankiss"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_WDTQhrXt/
    Oh my word.

    How utterly beautiful these are!!!

    I wish someone could color the two black and whites. And Marcio Abreu has always been a great supporter of our couple. Even preflashpoint he always drew some beautiful smww art. But then I feel many Brazilian artists are SuperWonder fans just like the people who use the couple in cosplay and life time events and milestones.

  9. #4404
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I keep reading of series/concept being called "popular" (even on site like Newsarama) despite sales under 20k say otherwise. �� I guess "popular" is synonymous of playing so safe to the point of being completely forgettable or it wouldn't explain how SM/WW is considered the way it is despite its impact.





    I am guessing the term popular is another word some like to bandy about like power couple. It's a buzz word, to be used to try to cement a status but when it comes to getting evidence of this popularity ...smww supercedes many of DC's classic pairings yet they and DC refuse to acknowledge it. It's like propaganda. SMWW sales must be imaginary people buying I guess. All these pics everyone posting on this very thread and 2 other complete threads prior ...must all be an illusion. None of these people and families and kids and pets and all the smww related merch are real. We are not true fans apparently for liking smww. I read some fans say a character is popular because there is fan art...well there has been smww fanart for decades.But of course when it comes to smww none of that matters. There is one rule for all and a separate one for smww. DC and WB are extremely disingenuous too, allowing merch yet rejecting them in the comics. It's like, we will use SMWW and take the money they generate but damn if we admit as a concept smww worked and still works. It's a slap to the fans and as a customer for years, I don't appreciate that. I have lost the enthusiasm and desire to give my money on a company that does this to people who bought their product without as much as giving them something concrete to hold on to. We did not get stories happened or matters. Instead smww fans, unknown to all of us, spent on lies. DC will never regain that trust when they do this. eg I use to collect smww covers from preflashpoint and during the new 52...Even though Clark and Diana were besties, what they had as besties was special and he and she had something I cherished. eg I loved those Adam Hughes smww covers so much , I searched on ebay for them. I loved many of the new 52 covers. They were very creative.I have not bought a smww cover in Rebirth and will not. I have no emotional connection to anything because these are not the characters I feel anything for. I see covers with them and nice looking covers but I don't even care because I know those 2 characters don't care for each other as they did from the 80ties to the end of the new 52. It's a very sad thing to come to after feeling so much enthusiasm for them.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-18-2019 at 05:35 PM.

  10. #4405
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Photo-edit of SM/WW going inside the Apokoliptian nest from JL + 2 pics of the same cosplayers at Florida Supercon 2019:

    "ℙ��������"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqowSrDKtD/

    "The ultimate power couple."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_CfrTjmK_/

    "Superman and Wonder Woman keeping a close eye on everyone at #SuperCon."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzoCp_gDp9z/
    I gotta say, these two look amazing. They just compliment each other so well.

    Like everyone said...Snyder wasted a chance to create a real stir with Gal and Henry. And it did not even need to be kissy kissy. Just allow them to interact, make eye contact, speak, relate, connect...be true to the source material. Look at the way people lost it when Thor and Cap Marvel shared one interaction. DC and WB are short sighted.

  11. #4406
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    "Look who showed up!
    #wonderwoman 🎀🙏💕 We love you Venice 🙏💕"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzt_ZDBp..._web_copy_link

    "Met the lovely Liechee again and - chance of all chances - she was wearing Wonder Woman the day I wore the stay-at-home-father of her child.
    What a coincidence!
    And hey, with mommy out there, saving the world, someone has to stay at home and take care of Diana II.
    Someone would be me, apparently.
    Superdad!"



    https://www.deviantart.com/branded-c...mily-803975000

    "Dinner's ready, dear! How was your day, saving the world?"

    This cosplay was really fun! Inspired by the comic story, where Superman and Wonder Woman were an item and the plot of The Incredibles II.
    It might look easy to pull off ( it was ), but it was HELL to wear, because it was so F'N hot that weekend
    I intentionally didn't shave, to pull off the tired out dad look

    Taken at Comic Con Stuttgart.



    https://www.deviantart.com/branded-c...Kent-805924948

  12. #4407
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Well the series may be popular with writers / artists' relatives and publishers who publish it but certainly do not reach the larger audience ... it's just popular in the microcosm that is its target ... and even this argument gives us strength to ask about SMWW? Certainly our "microcosm" is greater than many who are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I am guessing the term popular is another word some like to bandy about like power couple. It's a buzz word, to be used to try to cement a status but when it comes to getting evidence of this popularity ...smww supercedes many of DC's classic pairings yet they and DC refuse to acknowledge it. It's like propaganda. SMWW sales must be imaginary people buying I guess. All these pics everyone posting on this very thread and 2 other complete threads prior ...must all be an illusion. None of these people and families and kids and pets and all the smww related merch are real. We are not true fans apparently for liking smww. I read some fans say a character is popular because there is fan art...well there has been smww fanart for decades.But of course when it comes to smww none of that matters. There is one rule for all and a separate one for smww. DC and WB are extremely disingenuous too, allowing merch yet rejecting them in the comics. It's like, we will use SMWW and take the money they generate but damn if we admit as a concept smww worked and still works. It's a slap to the fans and as a customer for years, I don't appreciate that.
    Another evidence of SM/WW's popularity is the main IG account about the pair having 5x or more followers of any other comic-books related shipper account. Not bad for a pair that is still in its "infancy" compared to the others.

    DC was (and still is) aware of SM/WW's popularity. Editors and writers had no problem to say it's popular when their romance was still going. Nothing is really changed, just that they aren't going to claim the popularity of something that isn't the status quo they're currently promoting.

  13. #4408
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Well then.
    It almost tickles me the length which have been gone in the attempts to undermine SMWW. The continous push to discredit SMWW is almost laughable. The level of desperation, immaturity, and blatant bias displayed by so called professionals in order to shove the chosen narrative. But we aren't allowed to express our thoughts about that. 😐

    SMWW will continue to represent good. SMWW exemplify a strong healthy balanced dynamic. I will continue to say this.
    They are reflective of the values that make up real long lasting relationships such as their connection, trust, friendship, honesty, transparency, love, ability to be vulnerable with one another, reciprocity, reliability and accountability, edifying and growing characteristics especially with each other, their selflessness and the list goes on.
    But no, let's keep pushing warped, juvenile, toxic tropes...🤷🏾*♀

    Anywho.
    This is why SMWW connects and resonates to the wider diverse audience. There is constant daily factual evidence of this. It’s ironically the audience DC is looking for and wants but doesn’t want to put the export in the concept that can help them achieve.

    Where is the lie??
    I'm just going to sit right here and sip my own tea.
    It’s a tea party! 🤣

  14. #4409
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    "Met the lovely Liechee again and - chance of all chances - she was wearing Wonder Woman the day I wore the stay-at-home-father of her child.
    What a coincidence!
    And hey, with mommy out there, saving the world, someone has to stay at home and take care of Diana II.
    Someone would be me, apparently.
    Superdad!"



    https://www.deviantart.com/branded-c...mily-803975000

    "Dinner's ready, dear! How was your day, saving the world?"

    This cosplay was really fun! Inspired by the comic story, where Superman and Wonder Woman were an item and the plot of The Incredibles II.
    It might look easy to pull off ( it was ), but it was HELL to wear, because it was so F'N hot that weekend
    I intentionally didn't shave, to pull off the tired out dad look

    Taken at Comic Con Stuttgart.



    https://www.deviantart.com/branded-c...Kent-805924948
    What an original idea for a cosplay. 🤣 Baby Diana II is a little creepy though. 😅

  15. #4410
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

    "Superheroes on their day off. They're playing Mario Kart 🎮🦸🏻 #sketch #superman #wonderwoman"

    Sketch by Faye:



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_OdO1h9cd/
    I would love to see this in a comic! 🤣 Kal and Diana spend the day chillin’ playing video games would be so awesome especially once Diana gets the hang of the controls, she will be so competitive!

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    "They tried to resist but the attraction was inevitable"!
    It sure is! SMWW will always be inevitable.

    "There's no denying they [are] a great match"
    They certainly are and will always be.


    No most of their fans weren't against the relationship, it was those with their own personal bias for the status quo or those who wanted to insultingly push a principled, compassionate, loving and selfless character like Diana onto Batman because of a cartoon show created by a Batman fanboy for superficial reasons that don't hold weight. Give me a break.
    But before I rage at that craptastic rubbish, back to SMWW. I enjoyed the video for the most part and for acknowledging that the romance between Diana and Kal was very much real unlike the aforementioned...🙃
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If most of their fans were against it, who the hell were the thousands of people that bought their joint book? 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    LOL. Exactly. People stay trying to play SMWW and their fans. The propensity for hyperbole and misrepresentation is very great in the anti rhetoric.
    But like the great madam Maya Angelou once stated Still [we] rise. ::flips hair::
    Lots of opinions being forced as facts but actual facts are purposely ignored. I do appreciate however, that because SMWW’s relationship is such a standout and has had the solid years of development, whatever kind of bias/contradicting opinions/narratives, and unnecessary revisionist history shenanigans that try to be forced don’t and can’t even come close to holding up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I keep reading of series/concept being called "popular" (even on site like Newsarama) despite sales under 20k say otherwise. 🤔 I guess "popular" is synonymous of playing so safe to the point of being completely forgettable or it wouldn't explain how SM/WW is considered the way it is despite its impact.
    Yeah I’m not understanding this at all. So because SMWW wasn’t exactly safe, obviously isn’t forgettable, the impact means nothing and it wasn’t popular by some illogical standards?

    Yeah, and a family friend body-painting as Batman could take the pictures instead. 😂
    OK! We need a good SuperWonder extended JL fam photoshoot ASAP!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 07-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •