Page 300 of 410 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DCEU SM/WW toys photography (art in the background by Sergio inspired by George Perez):

"Superman & Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgLS9ZokaQ/

"Can you see where I'm going with this..??"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxhiTYgssX/

"On the way to a Alfred's BBQ"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgKvMZBr7L/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another popular SM/WW image that is printed everywhere... t-shirts, mugs, pillows...

"Personalized gifts 🎁 Cushions for couples 💓"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0BvQgpIqXi/
    Hellacre mentioned some claiming fanart = popularity. Well with the SMWW art over the years it has proven its popularity. But to have fanarts be treated as official artwork for merch, seeing the likes of mejay7, godstaff, rysketches or Sknng’s art become so well known and even becoming popular memes or posted by celebrities. That shows how far beyond SMWW has gone and still going.

I can't post the full painting. Blame the kids lurking in the forum. 😂
    LOL. The young eyes must be shielded.

But speaking of the full painting, it is actually tame in comparison to some of the SMWW painting and statue that I have come across. 😌

Love the blond Supes account. He is really devoted to his Wonder Woman.
    His devotion is sweet for sure. They are adorable. 😊

I don't recall this. Which comics is it?
    So I found the exact quotes with the accompanying comics.
    See below:

In A League of One, the scene after Superman has resuscitated Wonder Woman they have the following dialogue:

Superman: “You know how close you came to dying? All alone? You know what that would have done to the League? To me?”

Wonder Woman: “And if you were in my place, what would you have done?…Kal…Clark…Superman…answer me!”

Superman: “I would have died fighting at your side, Diana.”

In the The Golden Perfect, Superman tells Wonder Woman the following:

Superman: “Diana…you know I’d follow you to the ends of the universe…” (not even earth like I had initially recalled it, but the universe itself!)

What a declaration to make to someone who is just a friend 😏

((Let somebody come here and tell me this man was not in love with this woman))

Wonder Woman and Superman seemed to have had a number of angsty moments during the post crisis era. And the thing about their own kind of angst was that it wasn’t the heavy forced one, where it just comes across as put on and teenage angst. There was depth to it. In addition, there was an actual emotional impact to it that was not only visceral, but it made sense for who they were. It was all the more compelling because they were not able to act on it yet, you got the sense of how deeply they cared for each other in those moments when the other is gravely injured or near death.

DCEU SM/WW toys photography (art in the background by Sergio inspired by George Perez):

"Superman & Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgLS9ZokaQ/

"Can you see where I'm going with this..??"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxhiTYgssX/

"On the way to a Alfred's BBQ"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgKvMZBr7L/
    Wow! More DCEU figure love!

The first pic!! Geez, to have Kal and Diana’s complicated slow burn bestiebae relationship live action. And THIS kiss here adapted and well as their first new52 kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post

But speaking of the full painting, it is actually tame in comparison to some of the SMWW painting and statue that I have come across. 😌
    🤫

His devotion is sweet for sure. They are adorable. 😊
    Indeed, they are.

See below:

In A League of One, the scene after Superman has resuscitated Wonder Woman they have the following dialogue:

Superman: “You know how close you came to dying? All alone? You know what that would have done to the League? To me?”

Wonder Woman: “And if you were in my place, what would you have done?…Kal…Clark…Superman…answer me!”

Superman: “Diana…you know I’d follow you to the ends of the universe…” (not even earth like I had initially recalled it, but the universe itself!)

Wonder Woman and Superman seemed to have had a number of angsty moments during the post crisis era. And the thing about their own kind of angst was that it wasn’t the heavy forced one, where it just comes across as put on and teenage angst. There was depth to it. In addition, there was an actual emotional impact to it that was not only visceral, but it made sense for who they were. It was all the more compelling because they were not able to act on it yet, you got the sense of how deeply they cared for each other in those moments when the other is gravely injured or near death.
    Thanks, l should reread these soon to refresh my memory.

About Superman being in love with Diana... he had for sure repressed feelings for her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Wow! More DCEU figure love!

The first pic!! Geez, to have Kal and Diana’s complicated slow burn bestiebae relationship live action. And THIS kiss here adapted and well as their first new52 kiss.
    The thought of this alone! Not to speak of the buzz it will create ::releases heavy sigh::
    There's just something so elemental with these two that when properly captured more than sizzles it erupts.

🤫

Indeed, they are.

About Superman being in love with Diana... he had for sure repressed feelings for her.
    That is a definitive.

Recreation of a scene from Wonder Woman #219 (2006):

Superman: "Wha... what did (cough) you do?"

Wonder Woman: "What needed to be done."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzo89pFA5BH/

Only thing that needs is a rewrite to the ending. A scene of them hugging or something. As Superman, while he would be understandably saddened at the tragedy of the whole situation, would understand she did what she had to do and that she wouldn't have done it had the situation had any other out. And he'd be thankful ultimately that she saved not only him but everyone he loves from being killed by his own hand.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Only thing that needs is a rewrite to the ending. A scene of them hugging or something. As Superman, while he would be understandably saddened at the tragedy of the whole situation, would understand she did what she had to do and that she wouldn't have done it had the situation had any other out. And he'd be thankful ultimately that she saved not only him but everyone he loves from being killed by his own hand.
    He should've understanded her action, he acted similarly with the 3 zoners in the late 80s.

I guess the scene resonated with the BDSM crowd. 😏
    😅 Well who knew a lot of people were into it.

It was even sold to decorate the whole bedroom. 😅
    This selling power right there. Unexpected of course but wow...

I'd like him to draw a whole graphic novel about SM/WW. Just need a writer. 👀
    YAAASSSSSSS!!!

He cannot tease that beautiful piece and not show the final product, right? 😅
    From all the others yeah it will be 🤣

See below:

That is a definitive.
    I don’t think I’ve read the Golden Perfect. But just those lines alone truly show that Kal and Diana’s connection is so much more deeper than some are having a hard time acknowledging.

Kal repressing his feelings is one of many things I have I problem with in regards to how he is written. How is he suppose to be a man of truth but don’t live it? He has a identity conflict because he wants to be something he isn’t. Settling to live as a caged bird, false comfort of lies and secrets. I like a Superman to be confident and wholeheartedly truthful. He lets his feelings known about Diana and the reason why they aren’t together, can’t be together or whatever (forced) prevention, should be at least logical to them. Which means outside threats like a villain, they want to take their time building that bond of friendship, or the fact that they want to put the world first, would be why they may hold off on a relationship.

To have Kal written as a chicken, suppressing his feelings, or all of a sudden getting cold feet is lame. There is too much richness between these two to keep this tired backpedaling to be in a safe zone status quo.

The thought of this alone! Not to speak of the buzz it will create ::releases heavy sigh::
    There's just something so elemental with these two that when properly captured more than sizzles it erupts.
    We have a lot of so this got a lot of unexpected reaction of interest and wanting more just think of this would come to be. Smww is truly a game changer

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It just shows that Rebirth isn't the first time DC have tried to seperate Superman and Wonder Woman but yet every time they do it feels forced and unnatural. I hope DC will look to remedy this in the future as it wasn't that successful the last time this happened but with the things the way they are i am skeptical.

But speaking of the full painting, it is actually tame in comparison to some of the SMWW painting and statue that I have come across. ��

His devotion is sweet for sure. They are adorable. ��

See below:

What a declaration to make to someone who is just a friend ��

Ohh yes. This is two of many instances we could easily detect what Clark felt for Diana ( and vice versa) was deep, complex and tender.

A League of One is full of moments! I will add a couple more. And let me tell you, I have male friends. Good ones over the years who are like brothers to me but no way I expect this sort of stuff from them. It is too intimate and too tender. This is not platonic. This is love. It is love that cannot be for reasons as you listed above but it is love. It is on another level. It is is unconditional and sacrificial.

“Then I will go with you. Together we can defeat…”

“If you go with me, we both die. Why would I have sent three of my team mates, my friends, into deadly danger? If you insist on coming with me, you sacrifice them. It was a terrible thing to do to you, Kal. I am sorry. But the world can’t afford to lose you.”

The tears in Clark's eyes when he tried to resuscitate her and he though she might be dead. "Diana...Please." Such emotion! I wish Chris Moeller would write a smww story or JL story again.

Many stories it is Diana who is the one to break Clark from mind control because she always was an avatar of truth and carried a tool that makes people speak the truth. REAL TRUTH. Not half baked truth or omissions of truth. She always reminding him of his goodness and greatness. And often he is the one to remind her. It is funny whenever they needed counsel or support OTHER League members know who they need.

A Midsummer's Nightmare. They sent Clark for Diana. Because they knew their bond.

“How can I trust you, Mr Kent, if that is who you really are?”

“You know you can. You know.

JLA Pain of the Gods. J'onn knew who Diana needed to support her emotionally. It was Clark. Remember the line about missing her so much he would turn time for her?

During Our Worlds At War, I swear, if DC Comics was a tv series, the audience would want Diana with Clark. This event showed a connection these two had that no one else had.

From her understanding how he was feeling, telling him it was okay, giving him strength to shrug off their losses and forge ahead. She did not whine about what he did or did not do or who she missed like someone else. His feelings for her , made him react to her in ways he did not with anyone else. Like not seeing the others injured in space and only seeing her and not even hearing anything else but thinking he was seeing her fall to earth. Maxima was telepathic and she sensed how much he cared. She said it specifically of her. "He cares for her. That one." Aquaman misunderstood and in his usual surly way was like..."Of course we all care for Diana." You had to be blind not to see as a reader not to pick up on the hints left by Loeb.

The Oblivion and, The Asgard stories...all tried to suggest Superman was so in love with one woman he'd never move on even if he forgot everything about her...but imo there was enough to cloud that conclusion. I mean some people like to suggest Clark rejected her. I would say well, sure but he was damn sad about it. after Asgard , the handing over of the Mjolnir ( one wonders...did he make it by hand for her???...the thoughtfulness behind that but the sentiment) and conversation showed that they still had something very deep . After Oblivion, Diana's Garden of Dreams had that life she remembered as part of her subconscious. Even when Batman told them what they were living was not real...Clark admitted he wanted it to be real more than anything. Those were his words. They both did. But they understood that they had lives to get back to. It was a sacrifice they had to make.

I recall Waid's JL run. Dwayne Mcduffie's. Even Kelly who tried to push the WWBM stuff...Clark and Diana remained close and there were moments of connection. Hell Mcduffie married them in an alternate timeline.

And Clark had moments where one would see regret or jealousy.

I could go on and on. But it was all there.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    It just shows that Rebirth isn't the first time DC have tried to seperate Superman and Wonder Woman but yet every time they do it feels forced and unnatural. I hope DC will look to remedy this in the future as it wasn't that successful the last time this happened but with the things the way they are i am skeptical.
    Coincidentally it is the same writer that tried to put a wedge between them preflashpoint and write their reactions to things as very much out of character. Clark, for years knew the kind of woman Diana was, and that writer made him into a hypocrite. The writer made Rebirth Diana seem callous and lacking in her trademark empathy and compassion . I think Johns is the one who failed to write their reconciliation post Sacrifice well. But then Johns back then seemed to not get WW very well. The whole of that Infinite Crisis event everyone acted so ooc. Clark was a passive fool, Diana angry and suddenly deemed not human enough while Batman one could argue could be a villain. Sacirfice like most DC stuff had a good premise but fell flat when resolving it. They took Diana's powers away as if to punish her and made her a gov't spy. smh. Things just went downhill from then imo with few good smww stuff in between but that special dynamic we had was undermined.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-22-2019 at 08:24 PM.