Page 302 of 410 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ed Benes just shared the final result of his latest SM/WW piece:

"Wonder Woman, Superman and Rain"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QvPLagZO4/

Also, another new beautiful SM/WW piece by Italian artist Max Moda:

"SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q7BBFiOCL/

B&W version:

"Pencil art in progress #superman #wonderwoman #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PLrEnid1I/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    You should give The Golden Perfect a read. Aside from the SMWW moments, one thing that stood out about this story for me is the gravitas of the moral conundrum brought up in the story. It is befitting of a character like Diana who deals in truth. Someone who fights to uphold the rights of others and to protect the innocence.

The situation and conflict that Diana faced in this story, without given much away, felt real. And the way it was resolved was thoughtful and had depth to it I feel we don’t see much in comics these days.
    I find Joe Kelly curious, because on the one hand he seemed to tease SMWW and captured their bond well enough, but on the other hand he seemed troll them too. He confuses me on what his deal actually is. Nevertheless, in this story I feel that he did a good job of portraying Diana as more than just a hardened Amazon warrior, as some writers are wont to do, and actually shows her as a person with actual conflicts who faces moral dilemmas but always seeks to make the right call as she sees it.
    We need stories like this again. Stories that TRULY grasps what makes Kal and Diana “real”. It’s not the superficial stuff they stuck with now. They’ve been stripped of so much that made them unique just to fit this certain mold of what these current writers think is “real”. What makes these characters truly relatable is that they give some of the answers to hard questions in reality we might face and want to run away from. Seeing Kal and Diana sulk, run away, act lost and pathetic needing to be hand held, needing to conform to a certain way is not the answer.

Their bond, their relationship/dynamic actually tests real life situations on an extraordinary level. Some writers are just very much intimidated by this not able to keep up so the opt for what they believe is easier. They also try not to understand and connect themselves to the true nature and essence of the characters. Would rather turn them into what they think they should be.

Exactly. SMWW’s story is one that deserves to be told. And told respectfully and thoughtfully.
    The interest is more than there. The appeal is evident. The richness and depth to be uncovered and shared is numerous.
    YASSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Absolutely stunning! And Superman is such a gentleman isn't he? 😊

B&W version:

I don't even know which one I like more, inked or B&W they both look good.

Holy cow, now that Benes work just needs to be colored. Then its a perfect phone wallpaper or something
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    We need stories like this again. Stories that TRULY grasps what makes Kal and Diana “real”. It’s not the superficial stuff they stuck with now. They’ve been stripped of so much that made them unique just to fit this certain mold of what these current writers think is “real”. What makes these characters truly relatable is that they give some of the answers to hard questions in reality we might face and want to run away from. Seeing Kal and Diana sulk, run away, act lost and pathetic needing to be hand held, needing to conform to a certain way is not the answer.

Their bond, their relationship/dynamic actually tests real life situations on an extraordinary level. Some writers are just very much intimidated by this not able to keep up so the opt for what they believe is easier. They also try not to understand and connect themselves to the true nature and essence of the characters. Would rather turn them into what they think they should be.
    The bolded part especially.
    It's like having been fed a delicious and nutritious meal, then suddenly being given chaff. ::bleh::
    Stories are meant to inspire you. To challenge you and to see things from a broader perspective. When these characters were first created they subverted many of the norms of that time and not only questioned them, but challenged that which wasn't right.

Like you also stated, SM/WW dug deep and addressed those harder to answer questions of life in a way that wasn't topical but thoughtfully.

I read somewhere recently, that study shows that while IQ may have gone up in recent times, emotional intelligence has gone down. When we only focus on surface level issues or address them only superficially, there is no challenge, no growth and as such emotional intelligence isn't developed.
    Last edited by LadyP; 07-23-2019 at 03:26 PM.

“We are each other’s shelter from the storm.” -Wonder Woman

😭 This is beautiful!!! Even without color. Come on!! Ugh! We need an SMWW book for Benes art.
    There are so many artists actively wanting to draw SMWW, even Jack Herbert posted his very popular SMWW embrace image from SMWW 12. Currently, there is a lack of emotion, the art is rushed, and doesn’t stand out. DC needs this again.

B&W version:

Simply beautiful! Love how artists capture the softness of Kal and Diana

The bolded part especially.
    It's like having been fed a delicious and nutritious meal, then suddenly being given chaff. ::bleh::
    Stories are meant to inspire you. To challenge you and see things from a broader prospective. When these characters were first created they subverted many of the norms of that time and not only questioned them, but challenged that which wasn't right.

Like you also stated, SM/WW dug deep and addressed those harder to answer questions of life in a way that wasn't topical but thoughtfully.

I read somewhere recently, that study shows that while IQ may have gone up in recent times, emotional intelligence has gone down. When we only focus on surface level issues or address them only superficially, there is no challenge, no growth and as such emotional intelligence isn't developed.
    LOL! Exactly! Lacks seasoning and undercooked.

The obligation to keep pushing boundaries is hard for writers who are more focused on trying not to step on people’s toes, trying to satisfy overly sensitive crowds who just want their way and their views/agendas pushed.

IQ level comes into question when some want to act like certain things are deep when it’s overhyped nothingness. What’s truly important is the the depth of the emotional connection.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 07-23-2019 at 01:01 PM.

hauntingly beautiful
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Because I needed saving today!!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q9Xmcg..._web_copy_link

Absolutely stunning! And Superman is such a gentleman isn't he? 😊
    He's such an old-school gentleman.

I don't even know which one I like more, inked or B&W they both look good.
    I prefer the colored version. It even has flying birds in the background. 😂

“We are each other’s shelter from the storm.” -Wonder Woman

😭 This is beautiful!!! Even without color. Come on!! Ugh! We need an SMWW book for Benes art.
    There are so many artists actively wanting to draw SMWW, even Jack Herbert posted his very popular SMWW embrace image from SMWW 12. Currently, there is a lack of emotion, the art is rushed, and doesn’t stand out. DC needs this again.
    How many times he posted it already? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Adorable SuperWonder kiddos. 😊

Incredible Member

As predicted the finished piece looks amazing, wonder if he will complete it with colours? Or is it fine as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I really want to see this universe, Millerverse ... I like the personality he gave them, after all the books I can now understand them better ... they are interesting alternatives to the characters, better than the Injustice universe, which I think a huge nonsense. Another fact that makes me happy is that, no matter where in the multiverse, every SM-WW romance has a strong passion, a burning heat and a very intense physical aspect! Diana awakens in Clark / Kal a fire, a striking masculinity ... Diana removes the locks he imposes himself, he really demonstrates who he is, becomes more true.
    Don't know how I bypassed this comment, but I couldn't agree more with the bolded part.
    It is what I was trying to get at in a previous comment I made about there being something elemental about SMWW. There are some unfortunate folks who think true chemistry is just about the overt actions, when in fact it goes so much deeper than that, especially for women. Chemistry is much deeper than just outwardly flirting. Heck there are people who like to flirt for the sake of flirting and not necessarily like the individual they are flirting with, not for anything long term at the most.

With SMWW is that slow burn, that deep bond and connection that they have had, all those suppressed emotions just waiting to burst forth. All that passion held in check, but finally free to explore? It makes sense that when they do finally get together it would be...passionate. 😏

LOL! Exactly! Lacks seasoning and undercooked.

The obligation to keep pushing boundaries is hard for writers who are more focused on trying not to step on people’s toes, trying to satisfy overly sensitive crowds who just want their way and their views/agendas pushed.

IQ level comes into question when some want to act like certain things are deep when it’s overhyped nothingness. What’s truly important is the the depth of the emotional connection.

Unseasoned and undercooked indeed.

Regarding pushing boundaries, I am not a fan of pushing boundaries just for the sake of it in order to get a cheap reaction. There has to be a purpose behind it. It has to have meaning and benefit to it.

The bolded is especially humorous to me, because I am aware that there were some who were making such claims regarding a certain piece of work, and were claiming that others who had issue with it did so because they weren’t smart enough to grasp the content. Apparently the audience at large were just too “dumb” (yeah right), to appreciate the true work of art and all the hidden meaning/imagery that were just too lofty for the rest of the simple folks to graps onto that only these enlightened few were able to appreciate it, which is why years later images were still being released to explain it….😶

High IQ is certainly not equivalent to depth or substance, and most certainly not in regards to empathy as there are many criminally insane and psychopathic individuals with high IQs. What is important in society and in human relationships/interactions is our ability to be able to empathize and connect to the people and things around us. That also translates into the things we spend our time on (i.e activities we engage in such as watching, reading, doing..etc) and how we relate to others.

A person can dress something up with lofty ideals and sayings and try to pass it off as “deep.” That doesn’t automatically make it so. You will know the depth of something when you start peeling back the layers to explore it more. Does it fall apart or does it hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    As predicted the finished piece looks amazing, wonder if he will complete it with colours? Or is it fine as it is?
    He rarely color his art. 🤔 95% of what he shares in his account is in b&w.

LEGO Superwonder faceboard fun!

“#powercouple 💖”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0EdjmMnT-K/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QjH8tpP6I/
    How cute are those face boards!

Speaking of cute, I came across what appears to be an old gif from when DC openly acknowledged and showed the connection and care between Superman and Wonder Woman.

Where is Superman's focus and concern? Keeping in mind that this is a woman who can more than handle herself.

He's completely unconcerned about the human mortal that was also standing beside him and was closer to the danger...😏

I can almost imagine Diana getting on him for not checking on their other teammates and making sure they were okay being that she can look out for herself.

This clip reminds me of the scene from Our Worlds at War that Hellacre mentioned, regarding how Clark reacted when Diana got injured. Here it is that Diana is an actual powerful formidable woman, who can hold her own anywhere. But all of that becomes a moot point to Superman due to the depth of his feelings and level of care for Wonder Woman when she gets hurt, because ultimately all that matters to him is making sure that she is alright. I guess it should be unsurprising being that this was the woman he told point blank he would turn back time for if she were to die because he would miss her that much. So no way was he going to be around and she gets mortally wounded. And what makes this special is that Diana would do the same if the role were reserved. We've seen her proctective of him with or without his powers. Their type of connection cannot be easily duplicated. It pulls at the heart string. It is that vulnerability they share where each other is concerned even though they are literally two of the most powerful beings in the world that gets you.

Speaking of cute, I came across what appears to be an old gif from when DC openly acknowledged and showed the connection and care between Superman and Wonder Woman.

Where is Superman's focus and concern? Keeping in mind that this is a woman who can more than handle herself.

He's completely unconcerned about the human mortal that was also standing beside him and was closer to the danger...😏

I can almost imagine Diana getting on him for not checking on their other teammates and making sure they were okay being that she can look out for herself.

This clip reminds me of the scene from Our Worlds at War that Hellacre mentioned, regarding how Clark reacted when Diana got injured. Here it is that Diana is an actual powerful formidable woman, who can hold her own anywhere. But all of that becomes a moot point to Superman due to the depth of his feelings and level of care for Wonder Woman when she gets hurt, because ultimately all that matters to him is making sure that she is alright. I guess it should be unsurprising being that this was the woman he told point blank he would turn back time for if she were to die because he would miss her that much. So no way was he going to be around and she gets mortally wounded. And what makes this special is that Diana would do the same if the role were reserved. We've seen her proctective of him with or without his powers. Their type of connection cannot be easily duplicated. It pulls at the heart string. It is that vulnerability they share where each other is concerned even though they are literally two of the most powerful beings in the world that gets you.
    He is looking for excuses to hold/hug her. 😏