Page 310 of 410 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Funko SM/WW:

"Her lips brush his with the sound of marble scraping steel. It is a kiss completely devoid of passion. It is a final farewell."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0mdigGnLvr/

"Superman and Wonder Woman eyeing the crap out my Reeses pieces 😂😂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q7m8WAsdX/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This so much. So much this!
    That is what Superman and Wonder Woman are about. It is that loving, tender, reciprocal aspect of their connection that many respond to. Their heart, compassion, selflessness that made them so heroic and aspirational.
    Their friendship and bond to one another that made them so endearing. And the way they balance each other out, complement each other in all the right ways, in all the ways that matter that makes this relationship meaningful.

Like LoveStar stated, so many people outside the comic niche sees it, it's such a shame that those who should really see it, either choose to ignore it or completely fail to understand its worth.
    Truth.

I hate that DC tries to subvert it and flat out lie about it. They actually character assassinate both Clark and Diana so as to justify their traditional status quos. Some writers also love to dump on Diana especially. I do not appreciate that at all. In fact DC allowing that is very short sighted. DC will not allow anyone to besmirch the Bat. They go all out for him. It makes me wonder Diana is the biggest female seller they have. More so after the Jenkins movie too. Harley still does not have her iconic status or legacy and she is what she is still due to Batman. Diana however has done it on her own. Never needed any man really. Not even Steve. Pine Steve will come and go. To come and try to run Diana down as inhuman or not understanding or caring of people of the earth when she is from here is a terrible xenophobic thing to say about her. And this is what they do. Sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Which is why Kingdom Come is perhaps my favorite iteration of SMWW. You summed up why I love it perfectly, bravo Hellacre .
    We really need a series or animated movie.

BTW I notice since the mention of KC with Gal's armor being influenced by it and now with Brandon Routh flashing the KC logo...there is a marked interest in it. I am seeing it has been on the Amazon graphic novel chart in the top 30 for weeks. Moving up and down but there for a while. Today it is at #17. I saw it was even at #13 one week. For a book that is about 23 years old that is not bad at all. And this is because mentions of it.

The Boys which has been released recently I notice has come in and topped it as has other books like female Thor and Spiderman which currently are hot topics too. Imagine if DC released KC in some format. Live format...be it tv or movies does have a wider reach.

KC has so much backstory, in between story and after story to flesh out. It is begging to be brought to life imo. I'm not sure movies can do justice to it unless it is a trilogy. Given the success series with so many characters and interconnected plot threads like GOT etc...KC is prime for mini series adaptation. It is one of the few stories DC has that is fresh because it is deals with older heroes, in a changed world and the antagonists are not flat all out evil. It is a generational battle. A philosophical one. No one is all right or wrong and there are sacrifices to be made along the way. It is a work that has stood the test of time too because the themes are relevant today. It ends on such a high note too. I wish it could be done but the right people have to do it. What they doing right now just taking small ideas . We want to see it in its entirety. Alex Ross will have to be involved. As nice as it is to see people get excited over Routh etc...I am positive this is just taking the logo to stir interest and it will be some watered down CW thing.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-03-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    We really need a series or animated movie.

BTW I notice since the mention of KC with Gal's armor being influenced by it and now with Brandon Routh flashing the KC logo...there is a marked interest in it. I am seeing it has been on the Amazon graphic novel chart in the top 30 for weeks. Moving up and down but there for a while. Today it is at #17. I saw it was even at #13 one week. For a book that is about 23 years old that is not bad at all. And this is because mentions of it.

The Boys which has been released recently I notice has come in and topped it as has other books like female Thor and Spiderman which currently are hot topics too. Imagine if DC released KC in some format. Live format...be it tv or movies does have a wider reach.

KC has so much backstory, in between story and after story to flesh out. It is begging to be brought to life imo. I'm not sure movies can do justice to it unless it is a trilogy. Given the success series with so many characters and interconnected plot threads like GOT etc...KC is prime for mini series adaptation. It is one of the few stories DC has that is fresh because it is deals with older heroes, in a changed world and the antagonists are not flat all out evil. It is a generational battle. A philosophical one. No one is all right or wrong and there are sacrifices to be made along the way. It is a work that has stood the test of time too because the themes are relevant today. It ends on such a high note too. I wish it could be done but the right people have to do it. What they doing right now just taking small ideas . We want to see it in its entirety. Alex Ross will have to be involved. As nice as it is to see people get excited over Routh etc...I am positive this is just taking the logo to stir interest and it will be some watered down CW thing.
    If KC should be adapted somehow, I'd prefer having SM/WW as a couple through the whole story instead of just at the end. It'll be close to the original pitch and make the storyline better (at least for SM/WW fans 😜 )
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If KC should be adapted somehow, I'd prefer having SM/WW as a couple through the whole story instead of just at the end. It'll be close to the original pitch and make the storyline better (at least for SM/WW fans �� )
    Actually am not sure if I would want that. I think we need to see smww grow towards each other. It detracts a lot of from the how and the why by just planting a status quo as soon as we meet them. Worse if the two actors have no chemistry. We have seen that in many superhero movies and shows which is why romance always seems forced and rushed.

I like they were obviously more sexually conscious of each other when we meet them, having been besties and close allies for decades and we could see their growing physical attraction evolving into love. It would seem too weird to have him so surly and isolating and they already in a relationship. It's as if the relationship hasn't really elevated or changed him for the better. Because it means he has been apart from the world for years while she has been trying to better it unsuccessfully. Naw doesn't sound right. When he comes back out is when they start to become closer physically. The novelization seemed to suggest they hook up mid way in the story. While the GN shows them having near kiss etc then that marble scarping steel kiss, then the real kiss in Kansas. I could go with either. But to have them before...kind of changes the romantic beats of the story in a way. Least for me. The tension I think we need to root for them to finally get together. It's standard story telling but it is essential, especially for a couple that has only had AU and only recently gotten to be canon. It helps seeing that when they were younger they were attracted to each other ( whether the Perez timeline or new 52 or even the DCAU ) so them getting back together is especially satisfying as well. It is kind of like inevitable that after all the ups and downs of life and over time...these two will find each other in the end.

It's as Maggin said in the novelization...it is mature love. It has the physical sharing but a deeper more knowing connection. Two people after living a lot, loving and being loved by other people, experience under their belt, coming together after losses and sacrifice and bonded by this and their friendship. It makes sense. Younger Superman basically is not the same man as older one. And only a strong sure seasoned man could handle someone as majestic as KC Diana. KC Diana is not the doe eyed, fish out of water kind of Diana. Here is a woman strong, confident, takes no bs, and she can be very intimidating to the men around her who are not comfortable with powerful women. But KC Superman never was cowed by her because he knew her well over the years. It was even mentioned younger Superman with his own past relationship was not very sure or confident in it.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-03-2019 at 11:26 AM.

SM/WW guesting at a superhero themed kids party:

"Superhero party fun! We have Superman and Wonder Woman from @foreverafterparties here for fun."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tN_AVBq-b/

"Superman and Wonder Woman save the day. Stopping the train from crashing!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tT7NRBigd/

SM/WW guesting at a superhero themed kids party:

"Superhero party fun! We have Superman and Wonder Woman from @foreverafterparties here for fun."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tN_AVBq-b/

"Superman and Wonder Woman save the day. Stopping the train from crashing!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tT7NRBigd/
    Children ADORE these two, don't they? I think they are the best role models for little kids, even to see them as a couple, and done as equals who reciprocated the mutual respect with no lying etc and being themselves. JL Action gave us a bit but not enough.

Actually am not sure if I would want that. I think we need to see smww grow towards each other than just given as they already dating. It detracts a lot of from the how and the why by just planting a status quo. Worse if the two actors have no chemistry. We have seen that in many superhero movies which is why romance always seems forced and rushed.

I like they were obviously more sexually conscious of each other when we meet them, having been besties and close allies for decades and we could see their growing physical attraction evolving into love. It would seem too weird to have him so surly and isolating and they already in a relationship. It's as if the relationship hasn't really elevated or changed him for the better. Because it means he has been apart from the world for years while she has been trying to better it unsuccessfully. Naw doesn't sound right. When he comes back out is when they start to become closer physically. The novelization seemed to suggest they hook up mid way in the story. While the GN shows them having near kiss etc then that marble scarping steel kiss, then the real kiss in Kansas. I could go with either. But to have them before...kind of changes the romantic beats of the story in a way. Least for me. The tension I think we need to root for them to finally get together. It's standard story telling but it is essential, especially for a couple that has only had AU and only recently gotten to be canon. It helps seeing that when they were younger they were attracted to each other ( whether the Perez timeline or new 52 or even the DCAU ) so them getting back together is especially satisfying as well. It is kind of like inevitable that after all the ups and downs of life and over time...these two will find each other in the end.

It's as Norman said in the novelization...it is mature love. It has the physical sharing but a deeper more knowing connection. Two people after living a lot, loving and being loved by other people, experience under their belt, coming together after losses and sacrifice and bonded by this and their friendship. It makes sense. Younger Superman basically is not the same man as older one. And only a strong sure seasoned man could handle someone as KC Diana.
    They shouldn't start dating off-screen before the story even start but their romance need to be fleshed out more than in the original story. SM being too much isolated "ruined" this aspect of KC, imo.

Children ADORE these two, don't they? I think they are the best role models for little kids, even to see them as a couple, and done as equals who reciprocated the mutual respect with no lying etc and being themselves. JL Action gave us a bit but not enough.
    SM/WW don't miss a kids party. 😅

They shouldn't start dating off-screen before the story even start but their romance need to be fleshed out more than in the original story. SM being too much isolated "ruined" this aspect of KC, imo.

Oh definitely. This is essential. This is why a movie prob won't do it justice. We need a series to show the backstory and in between stories. Like when did Diana start to come back and visit him? It was stated he wasn't always alone. There must have been some very emotional moments for both when he lost Lois, when he mourned, when he started moving on, when he started looking at Diana in a new light and she him...where was Steve? Dead obviously given she said she knows what he was feeling. But how and when? From the moment she flew off and he returned, they must have had a moment between them because it means she saw he took her words to heart. The all during those months of trying to clean up the messes in the world, we see their growing closeness. What was said in between battles? In their downtime? Then the after the big battle scene. It is clear he would have spoken to her before they kissed in Kanas. The all those moments before the Epilogue? When they officially started to date? Said their I love yous? When and how she told him she was pregnant. His reaction. Her mother and sisters all obviously are alive so they would be privy to this. Boy, so much moments to fill out.

Heck DC could easily do this IF they wanted. But clearly they prefer to just kill Superman over and over or make him turn evil.

Delicious SM/WW themed cakes:

"Such a cute cake went out yesterday! A 7inch pink vanilla with cookies and cream buttercream (all dairy and gluten free!). Decorated with her and hubby as Wonder Woman and Superman, surrounded by baby and reno items as they finished their renovation just as the baby arrived! Congratulations!! 😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ZgwJjjurV/

"Wonder Woman and Superman celebrated their birthdays together."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz-kEVkgMzL/

"Cookies and cream cake with a cheesecake filling! "

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0qAxRCAVOa/

Oh definitely. This is essential. This is why a movie prob won't do it justice. We need a series to show the backstory and in between stories. Like when did Diana start to come back and visit him? It was stated he wasn't always alone. There must have been some very emotional moments for both when he lost Lois, when he mourned, when he started moving on, when he started looking at Diana in a new light and she him...where was Steve? Dead obviously given she said she knows what he was feeling. But how and when? From the moment she flew off and he returned, they must have had a moment between them because it means she saw he took her words to heart. The all during those months of trying to clean up the messes in the world, we see their growing closeness. What was said in between battles? In their downtime? Then the after the big battle scene. It is clear he would have spoken to her before they kissed in Kanas. The all those moments before the Epilogue? When they officially started to date? Said their I love yous? When and how she told him she was pregnant. His reaction. Her mother and sisters all obviously are alive so they would be privy to this. Boy, so much moments to fill out.

Heck DC could easily do this IF they wanted. But clearly they prefer to just kill Superman over and over or make him turn evil.
    Exactly. I think that subsequent Elseworlds such as Distant Fires or the awful Act of God 😅 did a better job showing their romantic relationship developing during the course of the story. A KC adaptation should take some notes from these books too, imo.

I'm sure that when DC will have enough of milking the DKverse, KC will be the next in their list. 😂

Latest places visited by Dorbz SM/WW:

"Finding happiness in every speckle #hahatonkacastle #hahatonkastatepark #missouri #traveldiaries"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvLvQgDuEO/

"Separated by distance connected by heart #scandinavia #sweden #drottingholmpalace"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3UvQjDjiv/

"Which way to go? #edinburgh #traveldiaries #uk #summer"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0baZtQjKH9/
    Ownnnnnnnn they are so cute!! Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This so much. So much this!
    That is what Superman and Wonder Woman are about. It is that loving, tender, reciprocal aspect of their connection that many respond to. Their heart, compassion, selflessness that made them so heroic and aspirational.
    Their friendship and bond to one another that made them so endearing. And the way they balance each other out, complement each other in all the right ways, in all the ways that matter that makes this relationship meaningful.

Like LoveStar stated, so many people outside the comic niche sees it, it's such a shame that those who should really see it, either choose to ignore it or completely fail to understand its worth.
    I think Kingdom Come is so perfect, so connected with us, after all who has never suffered a loss, a frustration, or wanted the loneliness to hide the pain? Combine these feelings with the wonderful art of Alex Ross and we have a perfect story! A story that tells you in block letters never give up hope love will find you!

The only superhero couple I can think of who even comes close to the SMWW dynamic in this regard is Tommy and Kimberly from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (the OG series).
    Oh I don't know them but will try to know more about them then.

I adore the image of Clark holding Diana the soon to be mother of his child. This art work is expertly balancing the line of sexy yet so sensitive and tender and poignant...the mark of an artist with not only a good eye but who can capture emotion in one frame. Jack really has done truly exceptional work in this image alone. This is what we missed out in Kingdom Come. What DC should be thinking of giving us. Kingdom Come Superman is more humanized than any time I have ever seen Superman. Why? Because he earns it and lives it. Unlike any other Superman story whereby he just gets the deus ex machina solutions or jump the shark or just has so many ridiculous status quo changes and you never even see how so when he does get it...it has no real or true emotion. The story of Kingdom Come is one of true love, hope and legacy that stands the test of change and time. And when they become parents, it is like a true reward. They also at the right age and time to parent because they have lived life, learned so many lessons, given so much to the world, they don't leave the world for their own personal comforts...this comes at a time whereby the world finally gets a chance to draw breath and breathe because peace comes to it for a while and Clark and Diana can have what they finally wanted without sacrificing the earth's safety..a family. They build a legacy. Kingdom Come is so perfect. DC is blind to this masterpiece they have.
    Even after everything that happened they did not move away from humanity, decided not to stand out but to live together with humans, making decisions together and raising their children together as equals ... perfect, just perfect.

I think people mainly sensed the awkwardness of bad writing and acting across the whole movie. 😅
    The effort made to prevent them from interacting or even looking at each other naturally was so great that it did not go unnoticed! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Sigh so sweet.

Little Jon...OUR Jonathan. With OUR Krypto.

And new 52 couple. You know, I think Jack's costumes of the younger couple...Diana and jeans and tee bearded Supes is so perfect...We need that in a AU series.
    Our JON transmits so much peace, so much innocence in this drawing and our Krypto is imposing, and guard, protecting his little master .... what a pity, what a pity we don't have it!

Preach it, sister!

The Japanese already thought about it with Ako.

I am waiting for Frank Miller to see what he does with our Jonathan.

The child of SMWW would be perfect for this. The idea of the child of a krypton and human is somehow the most powerful being on earth is a stretch. SMWW child would deal with that force that many sci fi/ human characters cannot cope with...magic. Magic is part of the fabric of the DCU. It even is evident across the galaxy. To disregard it is blinkered. DC is so crippled by all things Batman they want their mythic and boundless characters grounded in every day monotony. Pfft.
    I was talking to a guy the other day and we were talking about power levels, I said that OUR JON would have the power levels of a Franklin Richards but someone else told us that he would have a higher power level since the divine elements and magicians would be combined with super strength, super intelligence (son of two exceptionally intelligent people would not be impossible), longevity and etc etc .... would be a child to give hope to the good and give nightmares to the bandits of the universe!

Which is why Kingdom Come is perhaps my favorite iteration of SMWW. You summed up why I love it perfectly, bravo Hellacre .
    I read a lot of people saying that they only like SMWW as a couple in Kingdom Come and not in normal stories but this is due to the fact that in Kingdom Come the story flows naturally, was exceptionally well written, aimed at them and was not sabotaged with interference. external ... if they were written like this in regular publications a lot more people would love the couple and the perfect interaction between them! Charles set the tone in new 52 but was bombarded with crossovers and shameful sabotage by "supposed" fellow workers!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    The effort made to prevent them from interacting or even looking at each other naturally was so great that it did not go unnoticed! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    They should've put more effort into making a better and more coherent movie instead. 😅

I adore the image of Clark holding Diana the soon to be mother of his child. This art work is expertly balancing the line of sexy yet so sensitive and tender and poignant...the mark of an artist with not only a good eye but who can capture emotion in one frame. Jack really has done truly exceptional work in this image alone. This is what we missed out in Kingdom Come. What DC should be thinking of giving us. Kingdom Come Superman is more humanized than any time I have ever seen Superman. Why? Because he earns it and lives it. Unlike any other Superman story whereby he just gets the deus ex machina solutions or jump the shark or just has so many ridiculous status quo changes and you never even see how so when he does get it...it has no real or true emotion. The story of Kingdom Come is one of true love, hope and legacy that stands the test of change and time. And when they become parents, it is like a true reward. They also at the right age and time to parent because they have lived life, learned so many lessons, given so much to the world, they don't leave the world for their own personal comforts...this comes at a time whereby the world finally gets a chance to draw breath and breathe because peace comes to it for a while and Clark and Diana can have what they finally wanted without sacrificing the earth's safety..a family. They build a legacy. Kingdom Come is so perfect. DC is blind to this masterpiece they have.
    Exactly! It’s about true growth. SHOWING it not just telling it. Kingdom Come is a very “realistic” story that envokes real deep emotions and deep thought. It’s not comfy, it’s not safe.

I would definitely love to see the in betweens more so parts of the novelization illustrated by Jack.

I think people mainly sensed the awkwardness of bad writing and acting across the whole movie. 😅
    LOL!! That’s true. This is why twisting narratives, concepts and dynamics aren’t good.

And new 52 couple. You know, I think Jack's costumes of the younger couple...Diana and jeans and tee bearded Supes is so perfect...We need that in a AU series.
    Yes! These designs for younger Kal and Diana are great! Would like otherworldly adventures! The picnic image, setting should be on a different planet.