Page 311 of 410 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ed Benes and Mariah Benes redid a SM/WW piece of a year ago (you can see the old version here):

"Superman/Wonder Woman"

http://www.comiconart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=29217

A new piece at auction from a Benes Studio associate, Jeferson Lima:

"Princess Diana and Clark Kent"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Di...o/133132165798

Another art at auction of Diana with her man's cape by Elberty, Ed Benes Studio:

"Princess Diana"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Di...o/133132233743

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Preach it, sister!

The Japanese already thought about it with Ako.

I am waiting for Frank Miller to see what he does with our Jonathan.

The child of SMWW would be perfect for this. The idea of the child of a krypton and human is somehow the most powerful being on earth is a stretch. SMWW child would deal with that force that many sci fi/ human characters cannot cope with...magic. Magic is part of the fabric of the DCU. It even is evident across the galaxy. To disregard it is blinkered. DC is so crippled by all things Batman they want their mythic and boundless characters grounded in every day monotony. Pfft.
    The daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman was already such a standout. Ideas for Superman and Wonder Woman as always is ahead of its time. Even though there were obvious hints of who she was, that wasn’t the main focus. Her parents were always going on business trips to America.
    Again, with DC’s need for globalization, they have an anime concept right here that just needs some updating and background fleshed out a little bit. It’s not that hard.

The concept for SMWW as a couple and their kids (legacy) is completely original. The son or daughter has to represent both parents equally, not leading more onto one parent as usual. They won’t be just another super/wonder boy/girl.

With Grampa’s sketches of combining their symbols, that’s just one step ahead already.

What the heck is DC research and marketing department even doing???

I think they are listening to the wrong people and I don't mean fans. I mean some creators who are stuck in a time warp or who simply think their little corner reflects the world...when it is clear by response and sales, it does not.
    LOL!!! 🤣 No idea what they are researching. Obviously whatever they are using isn’t helping with still being in such a backwards stagnant state. They are still trying to find a solid balance. That should not be. Period.

You are absolutely right. One creator’s comfort might work short term but you have to look at longevity. These characters have lasted yes, but it’s still very much an uphill battle to truly connect now with the modern audience. Batman isn’t struggling because his character is able to change with the time. Superman and Wonder Woman are stuck with outdated comfy/safe concepts, status quos and rehashes (death or origins). They can’t grow and nothing more than looked at from a superficial stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL!!! 🤣 No idea what they are researching. Obviously whatever they are using isn’t helping with still being in such a backwards stagnant state. They are still trying to find a solid balance. That should not be. Period.

You are absolutely right. One creator’s comfort might work short term but you have to look at longevity. These characters have lasted yes, but it’s still very much an uphill battle to truly connect now with the modern audience. Batman isn’t struggling because his character is able to change with the time. Superman and Wonder Woman are stuck with outdated comfy/safe concepts, status quos and rehashes (death or origins). They can’t grow and nothing more than looked at from a superficial stand point.
    Whatever they are researching will always end up filtered through their own bias. Don't expect any objective scientific research about this kind of stuff.

Damn son, those three pics up top.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

More SMWW:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0g3dHoA..._web_copy_link

"We can be heroes just one day 🦸"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ouuxKh..._web_copy_link

"My Superman, together let's conquer the world 👊🧒🏻👩🏻 #superhomem #mulhermaravilha"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxoPgesn..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Funko SM/WW:

"Her lips brush his with the sound of marble scraping steel. It is a kiss completely devoid of passion. It is a final farewell."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0mdigGnLvr/

"Superman and Wonder Woman eyeing the crap out my Reeses pieces 😂😂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q7m8WAsdX/
    Wow!!! 🤗 this is really cute!!!

The first caption is perfect! With Funko recreating Jim Lee’s art, SMWW JL 12 should be somehow

Children ADORE these two, don't they? I think they are the best role models for little kids, even to see them as a couple, and done as equals who reciprocated the mutual respect with no lying etc and being themselves. JL Action gave us a bit but not enough.
    JL Action was perfect for the new generation. I loved that Superman’s take and the way Jason(the voice actor) connected to Superman in a true real life sense. He understood the outsider aspect of Superman but it was in no way a burden or being resentful. He was confident both as Superman and Clark Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I think Kingdom Come is so perfect, so connected with us, after all who has never suffered a loss, a frustration, or wanted the loneliness to hide the pain? Combine these feelings with the wonderful art of Alex Ross and we have a perfect story! A story that tells you in block letters never give up hope love will find you!

Oh I don't know them but will try to know more about them then.

Even after everything that happened they did not move away from humanity, decided not to stand out but to live together with humans, making decisions together and raising their children together as equals ... perfect, just perfect.

The effort made to prevent them from interacting or even looking at each other naturally was so great that it did not go unnoticed! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Our JON transmits so much peace, so much innocence in this drawing and our Krypto is imposing, and guard, protecting his little master .... what a pity, what a pity we don't have it!

I was talking to a guy the other day and we were talking about power levels, I said that OUR JON would have the power levels of a Franklin Richards but someone else told us that he would have a higher power level since the divine elements and magicians would be combined with super strength, super intelligence (son of two exceptionally intelligent people would not be impossible), longevity and etc etc .... would be a child to give hope to the good and give nightmares to the bandits of the universe!

I read a lot of people saying that they only like SMWW as a couple in Kingdom Come and not in normal stories but this is due to the fact that in Kingdom Come the story flows naturally, was exceptionally well written, aimed at them and was not sabotaged with interference. external ... if they were written like this in regular publications a lot more people would love the couple and the perfect interaction between them! Charles set the tone in new 52 but was bombarded with crossovers and shameful sabotage by "supposed" fellow workers!
    KC is very much a mature love for the reasons you and Hellacre stated. But new52, being a Young Love could have (and was under Soule) growing into the mature love just with time, effort and understanding of them as individuals and a couple. Understanding their overall dynamic. They have a very “real” base/foundation of building their relationship. It just takes the right writer with the effort to really dive into it. What makes SMWW so solid, is that they answer the “why” and “what” of why these two are connected and what makes them connected and it’s not the overblown backwards grounded, humanity stuff. That ironically negatively emphasizes that they are different than the norm and they try to conform to something they are not. Although this is fiction, it is an excuse to have fairytale romances but modern younger audiences are moving away from that extreme, overly soft fairytale trope and prefer the more realistic balanced takes which SMWW provides. Together, we see them grow truly as independent individuals as they should and then they come together in that balanced dynamic many want and try to imitate.

KC is very much a mature love for the reasons you and Hellacre stated. But new52, being a Young Love could have (and was under Soule) growing into the mature love just with time, effort and understanding of them as individuals and a couple. Understanding their overall dynamic. They have a very “real” base/foundation of building their relationship. It just takes the right writer with the effort to really dive into it. What makes SMWW so solid, is that they answer the “why” and “what” of why these two are connected and what makes them connected and it’s not the overblown backwards grounded, humanity stuff. That ironically negatively emphasizes that they are different than the norm and they try to conform to something they are not. Although this is fiction, it is an excuse to have fairytale romances but modern younger audiences are moving away from that extreme, overly soft fairytale trope and prefer the more realistic balanced takes which SMWW provides. Together, we see them grow truly as independent individuals as they should and then they come together in that balanced dynamic many want and try to imitate.
    New 52 ... what a couple! What a wonderful couple full of opportunities .... tsc what a pity ...

New 52 ... what a couple! What a wonderful couple full of opportunities .... tsc what a pity ...
    Truly what a pity, oh well perhaps someday...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ed Benes and Mariah Benes redid a SM/WW piece of a year ago (you can see the old version here):

"Superman/Wonder Woman"

Just gorgeous. Our couple is just stunning.

“Is it a bird, is it a plane.... no it’s Mark celebrating 60 in style. Happy 60th Mark! Let the fun continue!! We’ve had a blast!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0IytpLASXk/

“Thank you @magicsmith for this awesome shot. Cause even Wonder Woman needed Superman to lift her up... I’m so excited to start training my doubles piece with @craigmeyerza. Thank you for for being the most amazing person and friend😍😍😍”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0U-j1OHOBw/

"#superman #wonderwoman #wedding #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzkBImAnlzp/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-04-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Truly what a pity, oh well perhaps someday...
    Probably the biggest missed opportunity, having SM/WW finally together in canon and don't end up fully exploring it.

"Superman/Wonder Woman"

Morning and Evening! Of course I love both versions. 😍 As with Jack’s art, Benes art tells a story of its own. Moments like this is what was missed with new52, that should’ve been.

Really need that Soule/Daniel/Herbert/Benes SMWW book 😉

Simply beautiful.

Another art at auction of Diana with her man's cape by Elberty, Ed Benes Studio:

"Princess Diana"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Di...o/133132233743
    Diana sunbathing on Themyscira laying on Kal’s cape... 😏

Whatever they are researching will always end up filtered through their own bias. Don't expect any objective scientific research about this kind of stuff.
    Probably the biggest missed opportunity, having SM/WW finally together in canon and don't end up fully exploring it.
    None of this makes sense. It’s just awful business moves especially when the concept is successful. But they’d rather struggle and complain about not reaching new audiences.

Morning and Evening! Of course I love both versions. 😍 As with Jack’s art, Benes art tells a story of its own. Moments like this is what was missed with new52, that should’ve been.
    I didn't realised at first why the art was remade. The pieces looked pretty similar till I noticed the detail of the wine glass. Nice touch.

Really need that Soule/Daniel/Herbert/Benes SMWW book 😉
    You forgot to list Marini and other artists too, lol. 😅

Diana sunbathing on Themyscira laying on Kal’s cape... 😏
    Is it me or Diana with Kal's cape is becoming another recurring SM/WW images?

None of this makes sense. It’s just awful business moves especially when the concept is successful. But they’d rather struggle and complain about not reaching new audiences.
    And it's also an awful creative move don't give a story a proper development and end. 🙄

I didn't realised at first why the art was remade. The pieces looked pretty similar till I noticed the detail of the wine glass. Nice touch.
    Yep! The mug changed to a wine glass and brighter coloring.

You forgot to list Marini and other artists too, lol. 😅
    Oh yes please!!! Though Marini is a writer too... would like to see how he writes Clark and Diana.

Is it me or Diana with Kal's cape is becoming another recurring SM/WW images?
    Kal tied in the lasso, Diana with the cape. Equal balance 🤗

And it's also an awful creative move don't give a story a proper development and end. 🙄
    Yes. Its just stopped abruptly then Superman and Wonder Woman has to regress back as well as go in circles with rehashes but few tweaks here and there, and remain stagnant. 🙄

Yep! The mug changed to a wine glass and brighter coloring.
    Now I want a new version also for next year. 🤣

Oh yes please!!! Though Marini is a writer too... would like to see how he writes Clark and Diana.
    Definitely. We need more writers depicting those two... together.

Yes. Its just stopped abruptly then Superman and Wonder Woman has to regress back as well as go in circles with rehashes but few tweaks here and there, and remain stagnant. 🙄
    It stopped before really starting. Sadly.