Page 313 of 410 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A video showcasing cosplayers from Supercon '19 (SM/WW are at the beginning):

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

Now something happier, to give us hope!

"Super" pregnant woman essay.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B01evCUB..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0sRqTzn..._web_copy_link
    This is beautiful! Loving seeing happy SuperWonder fams! The photoshoots are always so unique!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The most shortsighted decision they made. Given that there are AU and the multiverse. The new 52 should have gotten its own earth, like the so many different versions that are allowed to exist. Some are terrible villainous versions, some are forgettable ones, some are versions that can't even sustain 6 issues...yet they get to exist. Instead of keeping these variations, so as to allow the exploring of new tales, expanding the lore, (lore is a thing that encompasses all media across all platforms, not just comics) creating versions that appeals to different sections of fans...they take it , destroy it , to suggest they never existed is absurd.

It's hilarious that you can have worlds still exist, even if it flunks at the box office or a mediocre tv show that has a limited audience. DC needs to understand not every fan is the same. Not one section should dictate to all. Sure I get you have to have certain perimeters with properties and there are somethings they will not do. Some they will experiment and test out. And the thing is the anti new 52 and anti SMWW machine which is made up of many bloggers and old time fans or rival shippers shouted so much that DC believed that they spoke for all of fandom. The fact is the new 52 was a success. They got new fans and lapsed ones back. Compare the numbers you will see new 52 did not have the props and incentives of rebirth and still sold better esp in GN format. And SMWW title sold well ...given what it had to endure, and compare it to many others titles then and now...it was worth the experiment because it stood its test. The merchandise off it sold very well and still sells. It's one thing as Lovestar says putting out a book, having the PR machine or bloggers with their bias praise and yet it cannot sell well to save its life. Something does not compute. DC needs to do better market research and retailers need to ask themselves serious question too because imo they are also part of the problem...stuck on nostalgia too.

It is vindicating to read this article and see exactly what we have been saying has been confirmed by Didio and Lee.

Sales have been cosmetic. There has been no real growth. All the people who want to even use digital as some evidence to suggest Superman rebirth is doing so well are also using a medium that has depressed figures.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...cc-2019-part-1

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...cc-2019-part-2

The age separation is good in a way but for me it kinda means canon might just end up being really boring and vanilla. Black Label seems to be the most perfect format without interfering with the canon the long box readers want. The only down side to that is we won't get serial story telling. Just prob gn format which is limited. We need a new 52 Earth based series and for DC to use the Multiverse. Allow them to blossom and have their own history and organically evolve. No merge bs because that makes no sense. Even DC admit they don't know atm what is in their own timeline. And it seems a huge cheat they want to pick and choose what matters , ie make it up overnight...not what was actually written. Which is why smww fans have a huge grouse at the way they have chopped off SMWW friendship and history from post crisis and made their romance lies. It's a contradiction one group can come complain about history and relationships, yet have no problems when DC deliberately destroys the history in the past they claim they love because they don't ship something or they feel threatened by smww's close friendship. Rebirth has treated the smww friendship terribly. Given what Diana has done for Clark as a friend and lover...the treatment met out to her you would think she was no more important than some throw away character. They treat the men better obviously given how history has to be rewritten and ignored Diana's actual events. But then I don't expect some of the the current crew writing to care much for it since what was built over the decades from Perez onwards they were not a part of it or if they were they had another clear as day agenda as the writer who destroyed SMWW friendship back then and new 52 romance.

I still want to see jeans and tee / armored one with the indestructible cape and one who acts like a reporter who is independent and has a social conscience with a spine. One who does not hide for his comfort. I really honestly don't get why Clark is a reporter when they really have him do very little with it. Or they dumb the guy down. At least new 52 showed some fire and passion in the field. The Kents dying leaving him to man up young and genius JorEl and badass Lara . I want to see Azz's God Family again. Hessia, Aleka, blond Hippolya, Cat, Baka, engineer Lana with Steel, direwolf Krypto etc . I liked he defeated Doomsday and had to deal with Superdoom. Killing Superman over and over is freaking annoying. I want to read more about that world and what Soule did. Goodness his outed ID in AU I would love to see him deal with that, with Diana at his side. So much waste. I guess it is up to fan fic writers to explore these things now.
    From the articles, nostalgia has actually hurt them more than helped. LOL! Yeah, that has already been said and known. Also digital sales are flat(?)

We’ve said this time and time again. Give more options. Move forward. Take more risks(that makes sense). DC decided to backpedal and regress to Superman not only being older but written and drawn outdated. Relying on nostalgia isn’t going to bring in new audiences. That should’ve been known from jump.

They’ve admitted to preferring “old school” and “tradition” but that’s the exact thing that has put them in the position of Superman and Wonder Woman struggling to keep interest. Both origins and Superman’s death over and over again. The outdated tropes, setting, dynamics. They were so confident in the “back to basics” approach only because of thinking of themselves but not the wider, general audience. They limited Superman and Wonder Woman to one option status quo.

They had lots of story potential and cut it all. Not because of sales but because of bias preference now sales are actually a problem. The irony.

I pre-ordered. I just wish was classic smww figures or even red trunks SM. Diana's look I guess is just across the board. I don't like onesie Superman. It is so weird to look at. So much blue. I might paint some boots on him if I can't stand him. lol
    Nothing can be perfect. Quite honestly even having rebirth versions on the box too doesn’t make any sense. Rebirth versions do not have a relationship in any form here. These designs shouldn’t be used period.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Sincerely, I don't think that SM/WW should be relegated to the New52 and/or a New52 earth. They have more history (both platonic and romantic) to not see it acknowledged across multiple "timelines".
    This is why I would like an anthology. Different settings and timelines for SMWW would be best to explore.

It's lazy... yes. Being in the same franchise just force writers to make it works no matter what.
    Batman and Superman aren’t of the same franchise. But they get a pass being “bros” and Batman is Batman. 🙄

Exactly, it’s easy to write dynamics of the same franchise no matter how repetitive and predictable it is.

Take the initiative and commission it. 😜
    I should!

As I told already it's like DC is currently living in a parallel world with their revised made up history where SM/WW are barely acquaintances while elsewhere it's the opposite. 🙄
    Counterproductive nonsense. And they wonder why there’s so much confusion and utterly directionless because they’ve blocked significant story potential

New fanfic updates from NightSkyWonderer:

Something Special

Description: Diana is still learning how to balance motherhood and her job as Ambassador. An unexpected meeting with the Mayor gives her no choice but to take Astrea with her, giving Astrea the chance to be her mother’s right hand and give her baby training using her powers when things turn even more upside down.

Chapter 15 (His Wonders): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1278948...ething-Special

Special Bonds

Description: Kal and Diana are giving this marriage trial a try. Kal deciding it would be better for them start over in way, leads to meeting the parents again. Taking a trip to Smallville and Themyscira. How will the Kents, Hippolyta and the Amazons react to all of this?

Chapter 4 (Parental Guidance): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13318643/4/Special-Bonds
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Wow!! Cosplay looks incredible!

Something Special

Description: Diana is still learning how to balance motherhood and her job as Ambassador. An unexpected meeting with the Mayor gives her no choice but to take Astrea with her, giving Astrea the chance to be her mother’s right hand and give her baby training using her powers when things turn even more upside down.

Special Bonds

Description: Kal and Diana are giving this marriage trial a try. Kal deciding it would be better for them start over in way, leads to meeting the parents again. Taking a trip to Smallville and Themyscira. How will the Kents, Hippolyta and the Amazons react to all of this?

Chapter 4 (Parental Guidance): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13318643/4/Special-Bonds
    LOL Kal SuperWonder baby proofed the Embassy? 🤣
    I seriously would love to see fanart of Astrea using her lightning power and heat vision! 🙌

This is the one thing we never get, even pre52. Kal and Diana even if not romantically linked, she was his best friend and she never got the opportunity to share panel time with them. Animation brought them back out of left field and it’s like they know nothing of her at all. There are some things that’s so obvious, it’s either purposely ignored or oddly never thought of.

I think many need to realize when broken down, Kal and Diana are both children of nature. Kal a farm, Diana an island. Yes, yes, they are different with climate, some of the wildlife etc... but the both still appreciate the quiet, natural environments. That’s something else that should be emphasized on with them.

Hippolyta and Kal’s Mother/son in law dynamic is always great because of who he is. He isn’t a god nor mortal. But he has the power that can rival a god but was raised as mortal. It’s so complexed and a challenge for the Hippolyta and the amazons to trust and accept Kal.

The whole sales talk remind me (again) that I have to do the sales analysis of the SM/WW book that I promised... prob a year ago. ��

Sincerely, I don't think that SM/WW should be relegated to the New52 and/or a New52 earth. They have more history (both platonic and romantic) to not see it acknowledged across multiple "timelines".

They choose the wrong version of Superman to include in the collection, eh? ��
    You would think. Yet we have had a sm and ww who never uttered a word to each other and they were in 2 whole movies. It was a deliberate act and blinkered oversight imo. There were many opportunities they could have had some eye contact and exchanged a word give this history you talk about. Hell Thor and Cap Marvel had a few seconds of interaction and people went wild so it would have taken no time at all really if they had wanted something. But yes, SMWW whether platonic or romantic, deserve to be acknowledged and in certain cases , the later explored properly.

The most shortsighted decision they made. Given that there are AU and the multiverse. The new 52 should have gotten its own earth, like the so many different versions that are allowed to exist. Some are terrible villainous versions, some are forgettable ones, some are versions that can't even sustain 6 issues...yet they get to exist. Instead of keeping these variations, so as to allow the exploring of new tales, expanding the lore, (lore is a thing that encompasses all media across all platforms, not just comics) creating versions that appeals to different sections of fans...they take it , destroy it , to suggest they never existed is absurd.

It's hilarious that you can have worlds still exist, even if it flunks at the box office or a mediocre tv show that has a limited audience. DC needs to understand not every fan is the same. Not one section should dictate to all. Sure I get you have to have certain perimeters with properties and there are somethings they will not do. Some they will experiment and test out. And the thing is the anti new 52 and anti SMWW machine which is made up of many bloggers and old time fans or rival shippers shouted so much that DC believed that they spoke for all of fandom. The fact is the new 52 was a success. They got new fans and lapsed ones back. Compare the numbers you will see new 52 did not have the props and incentives of rebirth and still sold better esp in GN format. And SMWW title sold well ...given what it had to endure, and compare it to many others titles then and now...it was worth the experiment because it stood its test. The merchandise off it sold very well and still sells. It's one thing as Lovestar says putting out a book, having the PR machine or bloggers with their bias praise and yet it cannot sell well to save its life. Something does not compute. DC needs to do better market research and retailers need to ask themselves serious question too because imo they are also part of the problem...stuck on nostalgia too.

It is vindicating to read this article and see exactly what we have been saying has been confirmed by Didio and Lee.

Sales have been cosmetic. There has been no real growth. All the people who want to even use digital as some evidence to suggest Superman rebirth is doing so well are also using a medium that has depressed figures.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...cc-2019-part-1

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...cc-2019-part-2

The age separation is good in a way but for me it kinda means canon might just end up being really boring and vanilla. Black Label seems to be the most perfect format without interfering with the canon the long box readers want. The only down side to that is we won't get serial story telling. Just prob gn format which is limited. We need a new 52 Earth based series and for DC to use the Multiverse. Allow them to blossom and have their own history and organically evolve. No merge bs because that makes no sense. Even DC admit they don't know atm what is in their own timeline. And it seems a huge cheat they want to pick and choose what matters , ie make it up overnight...not what was actually written. Which is why smww fans have a huge grouse at the way they have chopped off SMWW friendship and history from post crisis and made their romance lies. It's a contradiction one group can come complain about history and relationships, yet have no problems when DC deliberately destroys the history in the past they claim they love because they don't ship something or they feel threatened by smww's close friendship. Rebirth has treated the smww friendship terribly. Given what Diana has done for Clark as a friend and lover...the treatment met out to her you would think she was no more important than some throw away character. They treat the men better obviously given how history has to be rewritten and ignored Diana's actual events. But then I don't expect some of the the current crew writing to care much for it since what was built over the decades from Perez onwards they were not a part of it or if they were they had another clear as day agenda as the writer who destroyed SMWW friendship back then and new 52 romance.

I still want to see jeans and tee / armored one with the indestructible cape and one who acts like a reporter who is independent and has a social conscience with a spine. One who does not hide for his comfort. I really honestly don't get why Clark is a reporter when they really have him do very little with it. Or they dumb the guy down. At least new 52 showed some fire and passion in the field. The Kents dying leaving him to man up young and genius JorEl and badass Lara . I want to see Azz's God Family again. Hessia, Aleka, blond Hippolya, Cat, Baka, engineer Lana with Steel, direwolf Krypto etc . I liked he defeated Doomsday and had to deal with Superdoom. Killing Superman over and over is freaking annoying. I want to read more about that world and what Soule did. Goodness his outed ID in AU I would love to see him deal with that, with Diana at his side. So much waste. I guess it is up to fan fic writers to explore these things now.
    Recently that's all SM has: dying and having his origin changed until he dies again ... it's sad to see a hero like him being treated this way.

I have no clue wth is going on in Deceased. I know they have some nice zombie covers. All I know is that writer seems to imo never be able to write a decent Superman or Wonder Woman. He distilled their goodness/morals in Injustice etc down to who they sleeping with, which is bs. He killed them? shrugs. Oh well, better dead than ooc. lol
    DCeased it's fun without compromise or even depth ... it's like popcorn or chewing gum, no strong or even striking taste, highly forgettable after you close the book ... it's not even necessary to read the words ... ordinary visual spectacle but Still fun.

The whole sales talk remind me (again) that I have to do the sales analysis of the SM/WW book that I promised... prob a year ago. 😅
    yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease... XD

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It’s lazy really and just an empty excuse. So because they not of the same franchise, they can’t get the proper time and development? Despite having more of a connection and obviously way better and more story potential as well as every other possibility than couples of the same franchises?
    It makes no sense, no ... this is a lazy and lame excuse!

Something Special

Special Bonds

Ahhhhhh good good... thank you!

Wow these 2 look soooo good. Stunning.

Couple’s Photoshoot!

“Think of a rehearsal that was planned for months, right @nunesraff? And it was worth it ❤”

“Sometimes happiness is a matter of knowing the right shoulder to lean on.”

“It is so much love between us, that we love each other two days ahead!”

https://www.instagram.com/cami_melofoto/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-07-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Batman and Superman aren’t of the same franchise. But they get a pass being “bros” and Batman is Batman. 🙄
    Most of DC writers are Batfans, so every excuse is good for them to write him everywhere, no? 🤔

I should!

😜

Wow!! Cosplay looks incredible!
    It's like they came out of the big screen.

LOL Kal SuperWonder baby proofed the Embassy? 🤣
    I seriously would love to see fanart of Astrea using her lightning power and heat vision! 🙌
    Again... take the initiative and commission it. 😜

This is the one thing we never get, even pre52. Kal and Diana even if not romantically linked, she was his best friend and she never got the opportunity to share panel time with them. Animation brought them back out of left field and it’s like they know nothing of her at all. There are some things that’s so obvious, it’s either purposely ignored or oddly never thought of.

I think many need to realize when broken down, Kal and Diana are both children of nature. Kal a farm, Diana an island. Yes, yes, they are different with climate, some of the wildlife etc... but the both still appreciate the quiet, natural environments. That’s something else that should be emphasized on with them.

Hippolyta and Kal’s Mother/son in law dynamic is always great because of who he is. He isn’t a god nor mortal. But he has the power that can rival a god but was raised as mortal. It’s so complexed and a challenge for the Hippolyta and the amazons to trust and accept Kal
    I never noticed the lack of interaction between Diana and the Kents before you pointed it out. 🤔 It could be that with her being WW first and foremost, writers didn't see her fitting along with the Kents. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You would think. Yet we have had a sm and ww who never uttered a word to each other and they were in 2 whole movies. It was a deliberate act and blinkered oversight imo. There were many opportunities they could have had some eye contact and exchanged a word give this history you talk about. Hell Thor and Cap Marvel had a few seconds of interaction and people went wild so it would have taken no time at all really if they had wanted something. But yes, SMWW whether platonic or romantic, deserve to be acknowledged and in certain cases , the later explored properly.
    The DCEU doesn't really count. That was just Snyder/Affleck's crack fanfiction that ended up being universally panned. Ignore it. 😅 No encyclopedia is going to waste even a paragraph over it anyway. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease... XD
    I can do it next week. Maybe. 🤔

Ahhhhhh good good... thank you!
    Thanks to the author for delivering new fanfics every week or so.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-08-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Batkid Birthday Party with SuperWonder Parents!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0pFZ-6H2lg/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-07-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Batkid Birthday Party with SuperWonder Parents!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0pFZ-6H2lg/
    After all the SuperWonder parents of the previous pages with Super or Wonder kids, this one is rejecting his parents' legacies to follow his "uncle"'s footsteps. Not cool. 😅

Most of DC writers are Batfans, so every excuse is good for them to write him everywhere, no? 🤔
    That is true but still the “bro code”

I never noticed the lack of interaction between Diana and the Kents before you pointed it out. 🤔 It could be that with her being WW first and foremost, writers didn't see her fitting along with the Kents. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That’s the thing. Sure they meet as Superman and Wonder Woman but they get to know more of and ALL of each other from the start. This is a contradicting double standard really. It’s not like Diana is the one from another planet. She is from earth. She wasn’t raised in American culture but so what?

This extremely forced distancing of Superman’s life is ridiculous. He isn’t a human who happened to have powers so he needs to stop being written as such. He is an alien, who happens to look human. Accept that and accept that Superman needs to grow up and change into the modern era instead of this identity crisis nonsense living in lies and secrets as some kind of false comfort.
    As I said above, breaking it all down, Kal and Diana are on the opposite sides of the same coin.

After all the SuperWonder parents of the previous pages with Super or Wonder kids, this one is rejecting his parents' legacies to follow his "uncle"'s footsteps. Not cool. 😅
    LOL!!! 🤣 UncleBat was secretly training the kid to be the new robin while babysitting.

That is true but still the “bro code”
    Writers that are more into WW should end up writing SM and vice versa, so we'll get SM/WW more closer and present in each other's lives due to writers overusing their favorites. 😅

That’s the thing. Sure they meet as Superman and Wonder Woman but they get to know more of and ALL of each other from the start. This is a contradicting double standard really. It’s not like Diana is the one from another planet. She is from earth. She wasn’t raised in American culture but so what?

This extremely forced distancing of Superman’s life is ridiculous. He isn’t a human who happened to have powers so he needs to stop being written as such. He is an alien, who happens to look human. Accept that and accept that Superman needs to grow up and change into the modern era instead of this identity crisis nonsense living in lies and secrets as some kind of false comfort.
    As I said above, breaking it all down, Kal and Diana are on the opposite sides of the same coin.
    It may be that writers are simply not yet accustomed to exploring those dynamics (Hyppolita/Clark and the Kents/Diana). 🤔

LOL!!! 🤣 UncleBat was secretly training the kid to be the new robin while babysitting.
    Doesn't he have too many of these already? 🤣

Oh my..... all i can think of is poor Alfred !!!!

Writers that are more into WW should end up writing SM and vice versa, so we'll get SM/WW more closer and present in each other's lives due to writers overusing their favorites. 😅
    It’s really not that hard to give balance, respect the dynamics. Playing favorites hasn’t helped none obviously.

It may be that writers are simply not yet accustomed to exploring those dynamics (Hyppolita/Clark and the Kents/Diana). 🤔
    Isn’t it time to get accustomed? They need something new and dynamics that are naturally their just need to be fleshed out more. We see that things aren’t keeping interest. Looking for different options etc... it’s like right there lol 🙃

For Batman??? LOL never enough robins!!