Page 330 of 410 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ^^^ Is it me or it seems that SM/WW themed sweets/decors are the main ones made available if you have to choose superhero themed stuff for parties? ��
    Of course !!!! Who are the most popular and known heroes? I'm not ignoring Batman for sure, but Superman and Wonder Woman have a bigger festive appeal!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Popular SM/WW images remade by various artists:

"Superman and Wonder Woman stencil art"

"A few years ago I made this drawing as a wedding assignment. I like it and I know that it has come into good hands then! Accordingly, I inserted the drawing here for Instagram in my drawing book, I think it just looks better. 😊✌🏼"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1mU2ZrBHOO/

"#wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1cU_mLFiSs/

"Superman and Wonder Woman #truelove"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B04ioOEhu67/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    New 52 SM and New 52 WW were heroes under construction! Young, full of energy and ideas ... of course I expected adjustments in both, there were things that bothered me in both but the romance was obviously never one of them ... as for the romance I believe it would be affected yes, maybe they would start a cycle of comings and goings full of breakups and twists and a love triangle in the style of a Mexican soap opera, not that it pleased me but would surely yield discussions among fans and blog posts.

As for Mr Tomasi I am of the opinion that deep down he just did what he was ordered to do as a good boy and that he should be forgotten by all SMWW fans.
    Exactly! Wasn’t the pre52 version a new version given the time to grow etc? The difference with new52 is that the world they were written in is realistic to the modern times. It wasn’t perfect and it did lean to a bit extreme with the dramatics and “edginess” but the younger audiences appeal to more of that certain take. Look at why anime is so successful and continues to grow.

It was the general attitude of the people in charge during that time. They destroyed everything that could get in the way of the status quo they wanted to shove down everyone's throat and leave people without alternatives to like.
    And how exactly has that helped now?

I think the SM/WW romance was one of the things that was working best. I'm sure that in a decade from now, we'll still see people using SM/WW kissing images from the New52 as gifts, inspiration for art, etc
    It was a good thing SMWW was treated as its own thing then. It stood out as it always has. WeÂ’ve said before, under Soule, he got the balance. Their individual characters (titles) were struggling (and still is in a way) but their joint title gave them a direction and opened up potential ideas and challenges for them individually and as a couple. ThatÂ’s was something not seen with any other concept.

Also, they are a brand of their own constantly being marketed together and successfully at that. Besides as usual BatCat, Harleyjoker and even batjoker, SMWW seems to have even surpassed those pairs and go beyond to more personal connection with potential audiences.

Ahhhh my dear, there is always an alternative... that alternative a good part of the fans are doing: not buying or swallowing what they force into our throats.

New 52 proved by A + B that SM's romance with WW is possible, viable, and popular (unlike loud, angry voices try to say). Even a romance with characters of different franchises can easily be successful if there is a minimum of goodwill among writers ... just let them communicate, talk to each other.
    This! This is it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Also, they are a brand of their own constantly being marketed together and successfully at that. Besides as usual BatCat, Harleyjoker and even batjoker, SMWW seems to have even surpassed those pairs and go beyond to more personal connection with potential audiences.
    Because with rare exceptions SMWW is the pair everyone wants to be and long to be.

Because with rare exceptions SMWW is the pair everyone wants to be and long to be.
    Exactly! Their dynamic/relationship is exactly what couples strive for in reality but obviously on a grander scale. Their bond formed is relatable to those who “fall in love with the best friend”. Two independent strong individuals who become and represent something even stronger together as one. They have balance. They still remain independent even together.

That’s not just the physical sense and quite honestly, SMWW’s dynamic isn’t refereed to by physical strength. It’s about confidence and motivation. Understanding all of oneself to understand all of another. Trust... honesty... and so on and so forth. This is all acknowledged and known even in the anthology about Superman and Wonder Woman being of different franchises but are each other’s counterparts, having an understanding of each other and building a special bond. This is what is marketed and proven to be successful.

What make SMWW great and stand out for what it is, seems to be tried to be twisted into something that’s bad or an excuse to make it not work. But years of these two characters developing so closely together to a point it sticks out like a sore thumb now how forcibly and awkwardly distant they are debunks all of that contrived negativity.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-26-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Lego SM/WW pics + video:

"#superman #wonderwoman Flight"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B052ykQgZ2O/

"Fantastic gifts and where to find them @cornelia_guerrino 😍 that's ussssssss. 🤪😂 #keychain #superman #wonderwoman #gift #withyou #withlove"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UMceUotpz/

"This is my Superman! #thegoonies"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UFqPfoSbu/

Exactly! Their dynamic/relationship is exactly what couples strive for in reality but obviously on a grander scale. Their bond formed is relatable to those who “fall in love with the best friend”. Two independent strong individuals who become and represent something even stronger together as one. They have balance. They still remain independent even together.

That’s not just the physical sense and quite honestly, SMWW’s dynamic isn’t refereed to by physical strength. It’s about confidence and motivation. Understanding all of oneself to understand all of another. Trust... honesty... and so on and so forth. This is all acknowledged and known even in the anthology about Superman and Wonder Woman being of different franchises but are each other’s counterparts, having an understanding of each other and building a special bond. This is what is marketed and proven to be successful.

What make SMWW great and stand out for what it is, seems to be tried to be twisted into something that’s bad or an excuse to make it not work. But years of these two characters developing so closely together to a point it sticks out like a sore thumb now how forcibly and awkwardly distant they are debunks all of that.
    Speaking of love affairs between different franchises this is yet another taboo that Marvel detonated in the comics and apparently will do the same at MCU if it brings the wedding of Storm and Black Panther to the screens! Let's be honest, we got all these stages of MCU hoping Natascha would be with either Captain America or even Hulk ... fans even got excited about a little scene with Thor and Captain Marvel! Fans want more nontraditional romances, they want creativity and dynamics instead of frozen and repeated situations for over 80 years! SMWW may go together even without being different franchises.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 08-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Lego SM/WW pics + video:

"#superman #wonderwoman Flight"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B052ykQgZ2O/

"Fantastic gifts and where to find them @cornelia_guerrino �� that's ussssssss. ���� #keychain #superman #wonderwoman #gift #withyou #withlove"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UMceUotpz/

"This is my Superman! #thegoonies"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1UFqPfoSbu/
    I love the LEGO series! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ahhhh my dear, there is always an alternative... that alternative a good part of the fans are doing: not buying or swallowing what they force into our throats.
    Yeah, there are a section of readers who have the opposite reaction to this kind of limitation and end up rejecting what is sold to them as the one and only possibility to accept. I wonder why? /sarcasm

New 52 proved by A + B that SM's romance with WW is possible, viable, and popular (unlike loud, angry voices try to say). Even a romance with characters of different franchises can easily be successful if there is a minimum of goodwill among writers ... just let them communicate, talk to each other.
    Agreed. I would've preferred if the SM/WW romance would have happened in an era where there had been more communication and collaboration among the writers. Sadly, the New52 had a lots of editorial problems inherited from the end of the previous era and made worse by rebooting the continuity.

Of course !!!! Who are the most popular and known heroes? I'm not ignoring Batman for sure, but Superman and Wonder Woman have a bigger festive appeal!
    Spider-Man too. Sometimes he even crashes the SM/WW themed parties. 😂

Pixel art by BeeWinter55 and scott910 (3rd pic):

"Superman and Wonder Woman are my most favorite DC pairings and I do ship them. So I felt like doing a stamp of it."

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...tamp-809594344

"It's time to show everyone all the pairings in each fandom that I mostly ship (Some that are more than one pairing in each fandom). [...] Superman x Wonder Woman (DC): I mostly ship them when I got into DC comics stuff and I think they do make a good match. Nuff said."

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...ship-810679853

"Superman and Wonder Woman vs Darkseid"

https://www.deviantart.com/scott910/...seid-808617436

Agreed. I would've preferred if the SM/WW romance would have happened in an era where there had been more communication and collaboration among the writers. Sadly, the New52 had a lots of editorial problems inherited from the end of the previous era and made worse by rebooting the continuity.
    I think the pre-flashpoint phase, at least the first 10 years would have been perfect for that ... pity this time has passed.

Spider-Man too. Sometimes he even crashes the SM/WW themed parties. 😂
    Peter is is dying for a "crossover" kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ouch ... this Darkseid will feel!

Exactly! Wasn’t the pre52 version a new version given the time to grow etc? The difference with new52 is that the world they were written in is realistic to the modern times. It wasn’t perfect and it did lean to a bit extreme with the dramatics and “edginess” but the younger audiences appeal to more of that certain take. Look at why anime is so successful and continues to grow.
    The main difference is that the editors of that time took seriously the reboot and wanted to stick with its change no matter how much drastic they were. The current management keep rebooting and retconning every few years.

And how exactly has that helped now?
    It has only fractured further an already fractured fanbase.

It was a good thing SMWW was treated as its own thing then. It stood out as it always has. WeÂ’ve said before, under Soule, he got the balance. Their individual characters (titles) were struggling (and still is in a way) but their joint title gave them a direction and opened up potential ideas and challenges for them individually and as a couple. ThatÂ’s was something not seen with any other concept.

I can't help to think that it could've grown into something even bigger if it had continued to be properly developed.

I think the pre-flashpoint phase, at least the first 10 years would have been perfect for that ... pity this time has passed.
    Yeah, everything felt more stable back then.

Pixel art by BeeWinter55 and scott910 (3rd pic):

"Superman and Wonder Woman are my most favorite DC pairings and I do ship them. So I felt like doing a stamp of it."

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...tamp-809594344
    Oh this is so adorable!

"It's time to show everyone all the pairings in each fandom that I mostly ship (Some that are more than one pairing in each fandom). [...] Superman x Wonder Woman (DC): I mostly ship them when I got into DC comics stuff and I think they do make a good match. Nuff said."

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...ship-810679853
    Superman and Wonder Woman is just automatic 🤗

There needs to be an SMWW team up movie period. These two can go toe to toe with Darkseid themselves

There needs to be an SMWW team up movie period. These two can go toe to toe with Darkseid themselves
    SMWW alone can face the entire DC villain gallery and win any fight ... see, here I don't say easy win, don't get me wrong ... I believe both demand smart and powerful villains! No angry cats or self-centered bald.

Speaking of love affairs between different franchises this is yet another taboo that Marvel detonated in the comics and apparently will do the same at MCU if it brings the wedding of Storm and Black Panther to the screens! Let's be honest, we got all these stages of MCU hoping Natascha would be with either Captain America or even Hulk ... fans even got excited about a little scene with Thor and Captain Marvel! Fans want more nontraditional romances, they want creativity and dynamics instead of frozen and repeated situations for over 80 years! SMWW may go together even without being different franchises.
    Marvel, I think is more willing to really take risks and step outside tradition. No matter the unwarranted raging or controversy for some things, it’s giving concepts a chance and they end up proving to be profitable, valuable and bring new directions for the characters. They actually stuck with it and let it grow. MCU isn’t perfect but they embraced dynamics as they have been. Cap/Widow was pretty much in line with how the dynamic between SMWW would be.

The main difference is that the editors of that time took seriously the reboot and wanted to stick with its change no matter how much drastic they were. The current management keep rebooting and retconning every few years.

It has only fractured further an already fractured fanbase.
    They way it was gone about was just really messy 😬
    Too much backpedaling.

I can't help to think that it could've grown into something even bigger if it had continued to be properly developed.
    We already see how little teases make such an impact already, we see new52 pair still resonating...it’s something that really could’ve been (and possibly still can be) a huge game changer.

SMWW alone can face the entire DC villain gallery and win any fight ... see, here I don't say easy win, don't get me wrong ... I believe both demand smart and powerful villains! No angry cats or self-centered bald.
    Ha this is true. That’s why they need a foe that can not only challenge these two physically. Honestly we’ve had enough of that. And don’t want anymore one trick ponies. We need a foe they can go against together that challenges their emotions and intellect.