Page 337 of 410 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More couple/family portraits:

"Only that one can make you a superman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HHsVfox2G/

"My first commission - A family of superheroes"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B18JlFdAftb/

"Nothing crazy, but I liked how her face came out!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2FTkLQD4mT/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Yes, Please!
    These are the things that humanizes Superman and Wonder Woman. That makes them who they are. Their compassion and care for humanity utterly not based on them having a human love interest.

I want to see this reflected in both comics and the silver screen. SMWW together visiting orphanages, war torn countries, areas of high need, etc and not just offering relief and aid, but comfort through interaction with the local populous as well as the children. Unbothered to bring themselves down on the ground to be level with the children. Spending time with them, engaging them, even if it is just to bring a smile to their face. SMWW's greatest strength has always been their heart and its capacity to care. Show once again what makes these two the aspirational heroes that they are.
    YES!!!!

The things you can do for SMWW fits into who they are yet they pretend it cannot be done. I really do not get it. They'd rather undermine SMWW for certain characters to look good than delve into what makes these two special. ie which is simply who and what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    YES!!!!

The things you can do for SMWW fits into who they are yet they pretend it cannot be done. I really do not get it. They'd rather undermine SMWW for certain characters to look good than delve into what makes these two special. ie which is simply who and what they are.
    I don't get it either. I really do not get it. I have tried to make sense of it, but cannot because it does not make sense. It is absolutely nonsensical to undermine characters such as Superman and Wonder Woman just so a supporting character or other characters can shine. Intentionally stripping away at their core and warping them into "weak sauce" versions of themselves to justify a status quo. Who has it helped? How has it benefited anything? I remain confounded at the actions.

Nevertheless, when it continues to be shown by fans and general audience the actual and positive appeal of these two beloved characters by those who respect their character and traits, it serves as a form of validation.

So here is the text from that Superman and Wonder Woman plus Collectibles. I know last time it was not legible. Here it is.

I must say I am pleased with the summary. It's brief but to the point. It covers what WE know. Theirs has been a evolving dynamic that goes way back and it based on a solid foundation of friendship, truth and trust and what they have is strong and has on occasion turned to love.

I would like the current crew at DC to be mindful that what they are doing is sending double bind messages. To the general pubic they are telling us SMWW is a vital and important partnership based on their history. Since Rebirth and the DCEU they are saying...these two have no real bond or connections. I think current writers and editorial need to pay attention and stop being so disingenuous. Fans who have been reading for decades are mindful of the history. Revisionist history is not history. It is a status quo DC is trying to sell because it wanted a retcon, or a new writer wants to push his/her ideas. It does not make what they do necessarily any better or worse. It is the nature of comics. But good stories will always have impact and change things. That is the gauge if something is good. The power to influence and cause change and generate ideas. Those who even came on board with new 52 are not fools. These stories and books remain out there and as in the case of Kingdom Come or Soule's Power Couple...still sell. So I am pleased to see the anthology acknowledges what DC bizarrely and in some cases, spitefully, erased.

Aaron Lopresti posted this on his twitter. It is an older work of art but the print has been updated and is available. I always loved it. It is so fun. Love the expressions on both. And it goes to show, as with all things SuperWonder, ....it taps into the zeitgeist and is popular. Aaron confirms this himself.

This is the biggest selling print I have ever made. Good fun. #WonderWoman #Superman #DCU #Superheroes
    https://twitter.com/aaronlopresti/st...04791410233344

Diana with little Lara

https://www.deviantart.com/qtcomics/...ored-700793403
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.

So here is the text from that Superman and Wonder Woman plus Collectibles. I know last time it was not legible. Here it is.

I must say I am pleased with the summary. It's brief but to the point. It covers what WE know. Theirs has been a evolving dynamic that goes way back and it based on a solid foundation of friendship, truth and trust and what they have is strong and has on occasion turned to love.

I would like the current crew at DC to be mindful that what they are doing is sending double bind messages. To the general pubic they are telling us SMWW is a vital and important partnership based on their history. Since Rebirth and the DCEU they are saying...these two have no real bond or connections. I think current writers and editorial need to pay attention and stop being so disingenuous. Fans who have been reading for decades are mindful of the history. Revisionist history is not history. It is a status quo DC is trying to sell because it wanted a retcon, or a new writer wants to push his/her ideas. It does not make what they do necessarily any better or worse. It is the nature of comics. But good stories will always have impact and change things. That is the gauge if something is good. The power to influence and cause change and generate ideas. Those who even came on board with new 52 are not fools. These stories and books remain out there and as in the case of Kingdom Come or Soule's Power Couple...still sell. So I am pleased to see the anthology acknowledges what DC bizarrely and in some cases, spitefully, erased.
    SM/WW has also already gained a presence outside comics (in pop-art for example). Denying its history because some stupid movie (and God knows what else) doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Latest random DCEU SM/WW edits:

"Warrior Diana Wednesday"

https://twitter.com/warrior_diana

"WORLD’S LEADING - The Greatest Male and Female Heroes and often considered the best power couple in comics"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fBPBSAAbg/

"You don't need the WHOLE blanket, babe"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1F0_tcgTgb/
    More DCEU edits and memes!!! Love it!!

First edit looks like Kal and Diana on Themyscira or Olympus after a battle.

The second post....Kal’s design is fine but Diana’s alternate dimension design wasn’t cutting it much. But Gal and Henry look great!
    The caption....often considered, is more like “known as...” 😉

Hehe...the third! Saw lots of Couple reactions on IG with that! 🤣

If they have to wait, it wouldn't be anymore "synergy". 😅
    They don’t need it until they know said concept works long term, other than that stick with giving variety and different options.

Sadly, comics aren't much relevant for WB outside of providing ideas at a lower cost.
    Comics are how they got the ideas in the first place right? It’s the source. So how is it not relevant? They issue is going about things backwards which is why they are in this predicament in the first place LOL

I know. That's how I feel too. SM/WW was wasted for nothing really.
    SMH.... that is just sad. It should’ve been worth it to at least even out or something...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Hehe...the third! Saw lots of Couple reactions on IG with that! 🤣
    The idea of a SM/WW rom-com doesn't seem anymore so far fetched, eh? 🤣

They don’t need it until they know said concept works long term, other than that stick with giving variety and different options.
    I'd say to leave the door open even if they think it's needed to synch certain things. Don't go further to wipe out concepts like they did with SM/WW.

Comics are how they got the ideas in the first place right? It’s the source. So how is it not relevant? They issue is going about things backwards which is why they are in this predicament in the first place LOL
    They don't make millions out of it. Comics are just an IP farm for the movies, etc.

That's one of the reasons why I keep saying that the SM/WW concept need to reach the big screen asap.

This only complicates, contradicts and confuses things even more. It shouldn’t be. Embrace, honor and accept that this dynamic/relationship is important, vital and has made a very positive impact to both characters. We wouldn’t have this anthology, wouldn’t have had them in canon, the merch, the growing interest, resonating with a wider general audience whether comic fans or not, and everything else that has come with the success of SMWW. While, it’s good and appreciative that once again another anthology/encyclopedia type book giving OFFICIAL history of the characters and their dynamic, it’s insulting however with the revisionist and trying to call it “lies”, never existed or thrown under the bus for a status quo/preference when none of that has held and that wasn’t being truthful. As last son said above, it wasn’t even worth it ☹️

Aaron Lopresti posted this on his twitter. It is an older work of art but the print has been updated and is available. I always loved it. It is so fun. Love the expressions on both. And it goes to show, as with all things SuperWonder, ....it taps into the zeitgeist and is popular. Aaron confirms this himself.

This is the biggest selling print I have ever made. Good fun. #WonderWoman #Superman #DCU #Superheroes

It’s no surprise at all. Sells aren’t a problem with SMWW. That’s been confirmed multiple times.

SM/WW has also already gained a presence outside comics (in pop-art for example). Denying its history because some stupid movie (and God knows what else) doesn't make any sense.
    Exactly this....
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.

It’s no surprise at all. Sells aren’t a problem with SMWW. That’s been confirmed multiple times.
    Not at all, judging by the amount of SM/WW custom merch and commissioned art I see every day. 😏

SuperWonder Cosplay Couple + other cosplayers

“Anyone order an Amazonian Warrior Woman?”

“Costume? Whos wearing a costume?? 🤷🏻*♀️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SezvXAkti/

“Group Shot!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SfaO6A8ZQ/

A movie/s that tanked. That crashed the DCEU before it began. That did not even make back the money expected of it despite taking supposedly from iconic books like DKR and supposedly money making gimmicks like Death of Superman. It goes to show that bad writing and development is exactly what it is. There is a huge disconnect at times between DC and WB higher ups and the general public. The general public does not care for your traditions , what it cares for is good story telling and they will let you know by putting seats in a theater. Imagine Superman can't get a sequel. That alone says a lot. It says something is not working the way they are telling stuff. You can take any tone or subject and if you can tell it well and get the right casting you might just manage to please a larger sector of the audience and break bank. I am hoping we get someone eventually who recognizes that SMWW is an important relationship in the DCU. How the heck can you have 2 full movies and Superman and Wonder Woman never speak????!!! It is ludicrous. It would be like Nat and Clint or Nat and Steve never uttering a word to one another. It seemed George Miller did care for SMWW bond judging by the script of his Justice League: Mortal. Boy I think if we had gotten that movie, we'd have seen that deep connection of preflashpoint...shame shame, what they went with instead and why. It only served to ostracize Superman more. Sigh maybe one day.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-07-2019 at 07:06 PM.

This only complicates, contradicts and confuses things even more. It shouldn’t be. Embrace, honor and accept that this dynamic/relationship is important, vital and has made a very positive impact to both characters. We wouldn’t have this anthology, wouldn’t have had them in canon, the merch, the growing interest, resonating with a wider general audience whether comic fans or not, and everything else that has come with the success of SMWW. While, it’s good and appreciative that once again another anthology/encyclopedia type book giving OFFICIAL history of the characters and their dynamic, it’s insulting however with the revisionist and trying to call it “lies”, never existed or thrown under the bus for a status quo/preference when none of that has held and that wasn’t being truthful. As last son said above, it wasn’t even worth it ☹️

I wonder who decides which images at companies that apply to DC for licence to produce merch? For example Hot Topic produced SMWW, BMCW and Jarley stuff , I wonder who moved those ideas? This image by Lopresti is a winner. It needs to be put on tees for girls the same way Tony and Jim's stuff has been used.

When I initially read the guidebook from the Superman and Wonder Woman Collectible, I must say I was left with mixed feelings. I wasn't sure what we were going to get to begin with so I had no clear expectations. However, I do remember wishing that it had been more in depth about Clark and Diana's history with each other. It would have also been significant to point out the inspiration for Wonder Woman's creation and how she is a literal counterpart to Superman as she was created as the "feminine response" to him (something some writers seem to forget).

However, I have appreciated reading your reviews on it because it has helped me to process my initial thoughts on the guidebook differently. Now I can take it for what it simply is, a very simplified and of course truncated history of Superman and Wonder Woman, which serves as an entry point to new readers and refresher for older ones. It allows for further exploration with some working knowledge to build off of.

That said, you are very correct that the current team in DC should be mindful as to the kind of mixed messaging they are sending. It isn't a good look with the intentional twisting of narratives to suit whatever agenda being pursued because it is yielding no positive results. Disrespecting and downright dismissing decades of history while retroactively attempting to push a false one, through revisionist history as if it were always there is just plain tacky and disingenuous. They say immediate gratification does not lead to long term satisfaction. So after all this what would have been achieved? Respect the characters. Respect the bond that has been in existence for years. One built on understanding and respect. One built on truth and friendship. On empathy, connection, compassion, recognition and reciprocity. These things mean something.

Superman and Wonder Woman's history is an important one and more and more it is being recognized by those outside the comic book world. Recently, Alex Ross shared panels from JSA #22, which we know serves as the official epilogue for Kingdom Come, on both Twitter and Instagram. It was fascinating the way people responded to the post and seeing people who were unfamiliar with Kingdom Come now learning of it, and those who were familiar with Kingdom Come but had never seen the panels from JSA #22 discovering it and stating that is exactly how the DC Universe should end. Their surprise and interest says so much. That more people learning of Superman and Wonder Woman together in a relationship. With each new reader to Kingdom Come, I am sure will spark more interest into Superman and Wonder Woman's history. So people are going to do research for themselves. As such, trying to revise or "erase" a history and connection that has existed for decades will not work because there are years of easily accessible material showing what actually was. I hope this is recognized by those in charge at DC.

Status quo and nostalgia, since we are presently in the nostalgia era, can only last but for so long. Definitely hasn't helped much and has certainly muddied things.

It is one that I like too and there is no wonder as to why it is one of his biggest sellers, and as he stated, "a classic." 😏
    I do adore Diana teasing Clark and messing with him in ways that very few can.

Now regarding SuperWonder being popular, I came across another budding SMWW story that I am already in awe of because of how well written it is.

Story: Early Egress
    Summary: Hippolyta is confronted with the consequences of her decisions and is forced to leave, small daughter in tow. Eventual Superman/Wonder Woman Follows New52-ish with Pre-New52 as well.

Though this story was last updated in 2016, I am pleased to learn that the writer plans on updating very soon. 😊

Another SMWW story: A Tartarus Tale
    Summary: What if Superman and Wonder Woman met in a different way? A near tragedy leads two heroes to meet for the first time and find a kindred soul within the other.

I wonder who decides which images at companies that apply to DC for licence to produce merch? For example Hot Topic produced SMWW, BMCW and Jarley stuff , I wonder who moved those ideas? This image by Lopresti is a winner. It needs to be put on tees for girls the same way Tony and Jim's stuff has been used.
    Would definitely be grand to know but I assume it’s multiple factors. However it still doesn’t negate the fact that with social media, it’s easy to tap into the trends. IG can play a huge factor. Holidays, especially Halloween and SMWW is the top go to theme for any occasion of the year. Wedding season, we had the matching pajama suits for wedding gift registries. Things like that are so unexpected, so out of mind to think of but with SMWW it makes sense and just builds more with each and every little thing to have a successful wider market.

Honestly, almost all SMWW images need to be T-shirt/bag prints and statues. 😜

A movie/s that tanked. That crashed the DCEU before it began. That did not even make back the money expected of it despite taking supposedly from iconic books like DKR and supposedly money making gimmicks like Death of Superman. It goes to show that bad writing and development is exactly what it is. There is a huge disconnect at times between DC and WB higher ups and the general public. The general public does not care for your traditions , what it cares for is good story telling and they will let you know by putting seats in a theater. Imagine Superman can't get a sequel. That alone says a lot. It says something is not working the way they are telling stuff. You can take any tone or subject and if you can tell it well and get the right casting you might just manage to please a larger sector of the audience and break bank. I am hoping we get someone eventually who recognizes that SMWW is an important relationship in the DCU. How the heck can you have 2 full movies and Superman and Wonder Woman never speak????!!! It is ludicrous. It would be like Nat and Clint or Nat and Steve never uttering a word to one another.
    It seems that they assume that their films will be automatically successful and that will reshape people's perception of these characters just because they reach a wider audience and comics should change BTS ahead (at least 1 or 2 years) accordly (not counting any eventual requests from WB to DC to not go too far from what they are doing).

It seemed George Miller did care for SMWW bond judging by the script of his Justice League: Mortal. Boy I think if we had gotten that movie, we'd have seen that deep connection of preflashpoint...shame shame, what they went with instead and why. It only served to ostracize Superman more. Sigh maybe one day.
    Miller's JL: Mortal drew inspiration from the comics of the time (middle 00s) where SM/WW being besties was very prominent. It was the failure of SR and the success of Nolan's TDK that made WB "reconsidering" SM's role in the JL and the dynamics with the other members. A post-Miller/Pre-Snyder aborted JL script was already heavy Bat-centric with SM as the brainwashed bad-guy and everybody else as Batman's useless supporting cast.

You can view the disintegration of the SM/WW bond going hand to hand with the downfall of the SM character.